edited April 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
Well, not many people this, but i have ADHD, or for those of you who dont know:
Atention
Defecit
Hyperactivity
Disorder

So, apparently this 'disorder' makes me do stuff, like:
-reading the dictionary
-learning to speak a very foreign language, which i never fininish doing or cant be bothered to remember.
-Playin the deflated plastic guitar(ok, i inflate it, sometimes!)
-Putting a laundry basket over my head and running down the street.
-experimenting with the hoover
-Putting together a piece of furniture, and leaving halfway through for no reason
-Jumpin off the frikin roof! (again, again, again and again )
-sliding down staiurs instead of walking
- learning a bunch of random **** of the internet, and them completely forgetting because something more intresting has popped up.
(yes, i do all that stuff irl, which would probably be the reason why i Leroy in PW, alot)

So, that aside, heres an example of what its like to be inside of my head via a youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CupWE8F18YE

So, around the age of 13, I was prescribed Ritalin, it was supposed to make me pay attention in school.
But all it did was space me out, cause me to shake uncontrollably, and put me off my appetite. (which made my weight fall to 8 stone, i am now 11 stone 5, which is my healthy weight)
After 6 months of no benefit, i said goodbye to ritalin, and put on a much lighter medecine called Strattera, which has had alot more benefits.

Anyway, im not exactly sure that beleive in ADHD,but what I do beleive, that the world is faster and more chaotic then it has ever been, and thus, so are the young people.
And being insanely creative and imaginitive, is a good thing, right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
Post edited by Esnemyl - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ?
    so um in the video am me suppose to be the "cameraman" or the people and things being viewed?
    O_o'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ?
    so um in the video am me suppose to be the "cameraman" or the people and things being viewed?
    O_o'

its sort oflike a simulation of what its like to have it, lots of thought bounce aroudn in my midn at once, and i mean lots and LOTS of thoughts, it sort of hard to explain.
    i guess its hard for people who dotn have my condition to understand

• Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ADHD is is an excuse for life and has proven to be "cured" by psychiatrists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Codecs - Dreamweaver
    Codecs - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ^this
    and so the trolling begins, leave the girl alone, she jsut telling people what its like to have it

I too, have the condition, and i on a different medecine to you(cant remember the name its complicated ><.<)
    so yeah, i guess lots of people find me wierd at school because of it, but mymates lvoe me for it
    i get bullyed alot, but they be trollin on me like lowlifes, im proud to havbe my ADHD like Es here :D
  • Tulisia - Dreamweaver
    Tulisia - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    im proud to havbe my ADHD like Es here :D

i second this, i also have ADHD, it makes me fidget alot
    i dont have medecine cuz i didnt like how it changed my mood, and i wouldnt change that or having ADHD for the world :3 i dgaf about what people think, i like who i am
  • Domari - Dreamweaver
    Domari - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    oh wow! i didnt know anybody else here who had ADHD
    i also have iot, and i guess it makes me unique, i get bullyed sevearly in school, but my freins stand up with me against them trolls, they probably dont even understand what i got.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Im not trolling, ADHD is considered a neurobehavioral disorder and as such is based on observations of symptoms. The only medical backing is "chemical imbalances in the brain", but nobody really knows the cause.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    its sort oflike a simulation of what its like to have it, lots of thought bounce aroudn in my midn at once, and i mean lots and LOTS of thoughts, it sort of hard to explain.
    i guess its hard for people who dotn have my condition to understand

so me are the camera person?
    b:puzzled
    and we know the cause apparently
    O.o
    we just can't tell you.
    X_x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    nope, your seeing through my eyes, sorta

actually, my cousin mike also has ADHD, and made a video about it, maybe that might make ya understand a bit better
    he likes doing some of the activities i do b:chuckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A82YDBKJYC4

• BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lol actually I was mis-diagnosed with ADHD/ADD when I was little b:chuckle Apparently in the end it was actually OCD hahahaha. Funny how doctors mess that up LOL

Personally I don't see anything bad with ADHD/ADD since a ton of the greatest minds of history had it :3
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That caused me lots of problems when I was a kid but I can't really say it's a bad thing once you get to understand it. The fact you can't focus 1 thing doesn't mean you're always trying to do completely different things. Example: In chess you don't pay attention only to your own move but also think about a number of possible moves the opponent will do next and then you plan your best move upon it.

@BeingHope
    I have a good friend with OCD. It's really funny he says random weird things and sometimes also does weird things impulsively.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @BeingHope
    I have a good friend with OCD. It's really funny he says random weird things and sometimes also does weird things impulsively.

Sounds like me... b:chuckle..... You should see me in the house LOL. If something is out of order, I have to put it back together xD... Like its not based on neatness completely... My school planner is a mess since all my papers are in it but its completely organized once you get used to how its organized... Another habit is elbowing people...

Oh and I automatically add up calories in my head... I say random stuff sometimes xD... And a ton of other stuff :P Yup.... OCD is interesting to have xD
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Kismeta - Dreamweaver
    Kismeta - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lol I have VERY mild ADHD, more obvious ODC (about organizing things etc, kinda like what BeingHope was saying), and from mild to very severe depression... now imagine what its like living in my head when all of these things are trying to happen at once lol... It's difficult sometimes, but I have extremly understanding friends which helps a TON^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<- tyvm to ForsakenX for the sig, <3 ur work

Vanquish for life

Clerics are not your slaves, we do not exist to do your bidding. We also have names. Saying please does not take a lot of typing. I react very badly to being yelled at. Please do not do it.
    Its rather sad when people automatically assume you are a guy just because you are playing a veno....
    Live life to its fullest, learn from your mistakes, and most importantly, have fun. b:victory
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    :3 its good to see thta im not the only one who has got a learnign difficulty ( i think thats what ADHD/OCD is classed by) with my ADHD, I can focus on two thigns at the same time, so I put it into practice ingame via my veno.
    I let my pet attack on monster, then i go atttack another one, and watch me and my p[ets hp and heral whenever its needed. its catually pretty cool even thoiguh i dont go on her that much :D