Farming Forest's Wisdom

Korsov - Heavens Tear
Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
I'm on the verge of unlocking Old Unicorn Forest and am curious about the feasibility of trying to farm the Wraith Spirits needed to get the best version (or even the second best) of Forest's Wisdom. Are there people that have already done it? I hope there are, but I have not personally heard of anyone getting this helmet this way.

I realize that it would be easier to just cash in a Helm of Holy Punishment but unfortunately, I do not and will not have the funds to do so. Especially since they've been added to the Best Luck Token trade in options. 40 Best Luck * 5 mil each = 200 mil b:shocked

If anyone could shed some light on whether this is at all possible, and if so, in what sort of time frame, I would greatly appreciate it.
Post edited by Korsov - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm on the verge of unlocking Old Unicorn Forest and am curious about the feasibility of trying to farm the Wraith Spirits needed to get the best version (or even the second best) of Forest's Wisdom. Are there people that have already done it? I hope there are, but I have not personally heard of anyone getting this helmet this way.

I realize that it would be easier to just cash in a Helm of Holy Punishment but unfortunately, I do not and will not have the funds to do so. Especially since they've been added to the Best Luck Token trade in options. 40 Best Luck * 5 mil each = 200 mil b:shocked

If anyone could shed some light on whether this is at all possible, and if so, in what sort of time frame, I would greatly appreciate it.

18560 spirits and each wraith quest yields 4 spirits so 4640 quest completions. Each quest is 60 mobs and it looks like those 60 mobs would drop about 3 spirits themselves on average so more like 2641 quest completions.

Each quest will take you like 30 minutes, maybe half that in a squad. Thats still 662 hours of questing. Do 8 hours a day every day just doing this one quest in a squad and it would be done in 3 months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Ouch. Well that pretty much clears it up. Thanks for the input.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The 2nd best version of Forest's Wisdom Helmet (grade 13) only requires 5440 Wraith Points. Based on Asterelle's estimation, you can get that one in 1 month's time or less.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Getting the g14 helm is not possible, or it would take 6 months of grinding those really sucky and hard hitting mobs in second map, which really isn't worth it unless you like torture.

How ever i know a few people that got the g10 and g11 helm. Im sure that can be done in a couple of days or a week or so. Those helmets obviously have pretty bad base stats compare to the helm you get from packs, but they refine as a g14 helmet, its a glitch dont tell anyone b:quiet
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The only point not specified is = you can only enter OUF for 2hrs at a time, the "key" is available during 3hrs every 6Hrs (from 0 to 3, from 6 to 9, from 12 to 15, and from 18 to 21)

Wich will augment a little the time needed for completion
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Basingeth - Lost City
    Basingeth - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have the lowest level helmet of the five, from farming. I will say this right now, if you are going for the highest grade one farm something else, make money elsewhere, and buy it.
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have the lowest level helmet of the five, from farming. I will say this right now, if you are going for the highest grade one farm something else, make money elsewhere, and buy it.

What are you doing farming that? You're suppose to be farming my skills and gear b:angry
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What are you doing farming that? You're suppose to be farming my skills and gear b:angry

b:avoid
    he be donating to the hamster charity fund.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Basingeth - Lost City
    Basingeth - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2010

b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Asterelle.. you speak a foreign number-y language sometimes =P

It sucks that they make some of the most worthwhile items ingame so -nearly- impossible to farm through the game itself, while making it easily available (just costly) through the cash shop.. but I guess that's how things are on f2p cash shop games =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Is the Tide of Elysium boots in Old Valley of the Scarred the same story? I know it's the same number of items that are gotten in a similar way, but I've heard the mobs are much easier and there is no time limit on being in the area.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    only class that can farm it is venomancer because our pet ignore mob level, so we 1-2 shoot them

but even if we 1-2 shoots them it take so much time that u better farm hh 1month then pay helmet from cash shopper and have some change in your pocket b:surrender

the amount of spirit needed to get helmet should be cut in half
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Evb - Heavens Tear
    Evb - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Or you can make the spirits and eyes (from VOTS) trade-able so players can have some chance of gathering enough to get the gear.
    "I understand the logic. This logic isn't very useful when in use"

"Not many people look inside deer"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Or you can make the spirits and eyes (from VOTS) trade-able so players can have some chance of gathering enough to get the gear.

who is the "you" in the quote? is there some sort of "make trade-able" stone that isn't showing up to me in the boutique?

TBH actually farming the lvl 5 forest wisdom is a complete waste of time. you get ~240 hp more and 8~9 vit more than the grade 1 helmet. All the forest wisdoms get the same refining bonus. and they all have +10 strength. the lvl 1 requires 320 spirits and can be accomplished in a couple weeks without too much dedication.

In the time you spend farming the top level helm, or the money it now takes to get one, you could easily afford 4 vit stones, which will give anyone more HP than the top level helm, and will run you about 120M less, unless you happen to find someone selling the helm from an anni pack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    who is the "you" in the quote? is there some sort of "make trade-able" stone that isn't showing up to me in the boutique?

I think the "you" was the developers. She was trying to show support for them to introduce a way to make the spirits trade-able I believe.

Also, I havent seen anyone say anything about my Tide of Elysium question. Is it equally unlikely? I know the mobs in Old Valley of the Scarred are supposed to be much easier to kill is the only reason I ask.

*Edit* I just looked at PWI Database and the first Tide of Elysium that's better than standard TT 90 boots is the first gold one (5440 eyes). So if that one is completely infeasible, then down goes that idea too.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    3rd map and 2nd map have different mats and the way to get them is the same

killing thousand and thousand mob and quests

+

in 3rd map it have more people and more pker if u on pvp server but mob have half hp of the 2nd map

3rd map also have lot more range mob then 2nd map
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence

• drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Also, I havent seen anyone say anything about my Tide of Elysium question. Is it equally unlikely? I know the mobs in Old Valley of the Scarred are supposed to be much easier to kill is the only reason I ask.

Short answer: I'm not sure.

Long answer: Yes, they're easier to kill, but you also need to kill more of them for each quest (100 vs. 60). It also depends somewhat on your class. For me, as a venomancer, I actually find the Unicorn Forest mobs easier to deal with. Also, as you saw, I think you need to go up to a higher reward tier before the boots become useful. Even the first tier helmet is better than my current one (though not by much), but tier 1 the boots would be horrible for me (though that obviously depends somewhat on your own current gear).
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    first tier of both are really not good , oht forge can give u better stuff

Dominating Waterforce (OHT)
    Ence Scar (tier 1)

• Korsov - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    first tier of both are really not good , oht forge can give u better stuff]

I have a pretty decent Dominating Waterforce right now, but I was interested because all of the Forest's Wisdom helmets refine like the best one (g 14 I believe).
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    first tier of both are really not good , oht forge can give u better stuff

You're right, but the key word there is "can." An OHT helmet can be better than my current helmet. The Ence's Scar will be. I've made dozens of OHT helmets already (maybe hundreds), and so far, no luck.
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    This is a bit off-topic from my original question, but seeming as the Forest's Wisdom seems to be out of reach for me (non-cash-shopper so the 40 Best of Luck would be rough b:surrender), but what are some top alternatives? I have a 2 Star Dominating Waterforce, refined twice with HP +135 as its add. The reason I picked it up though is for its 4 sockets. I cant decide if this is the helmet I want to stick with or if I want to look to the Ancient Behemoth's Helm (TT 90 Gold) or try for a Warsoul of Earth helmet or just try for the first or second level Forest's Wisdom.. All of these seem more possible alternatives for me, based on their cost, compared to the best Forest's Wisdom. Thoughts?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Just wait for a pack that has helm of holy in it. With those the price is only 30m or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Just wait for a pack that has helm of holy in it. With those the price is only 30m or so.

i rally doubt they will add new pak with helmet in it since they added the choice to stupidly pay 40 best token for it which is 200m instead of the price it was around 30-40m