Slave drivers?

Options
Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Cleric
I've been in BHes and FBs where particularly nasty BMs, barbs, and DDers treat the cleric as their personal servant. In BH 51, we were getting close to Trioc when our cleric had to leave for RL issues. Ok, no prob. So he leaves, and there's two spots left (we only had five people). I got a cleric and a BM, the cleric from my fac, and the BM from Archosaur. Everyone else is waiting at Trioc, so I port in, run to where they were camping for the time, and our new BM is right behind me. We decide to clear the way a bit for the cleric, so me, the veno, and the wizzie were all killing vampire ladies. BM does a Leroy Jenkins and dies. For the next twenty minutes, he's yelling at us to ress him and we keep telling him to just wait for the cleric because, although we have heal spells, WE CANNOT RESS. So he starts in on the cleric, telling him to hurry up and stuff. (Cleric is flying, as he is trying to save $$$ of course.) Our wizzie told him to stop yelling at the cleric, because he was coming as fast as he could.

Eventually he starts cussing her out, and then I got fed up and told him to cut it out and be patient. He ragequits and goes to find some other squad.
I don't see any point in treating the cleric like your personal servant. They don't HAVE to help you, so it's best to not act as if their only purpose is to follow you around with Ironheart. I feel for any clerics that have been treated this way.
Post edited by Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There's a "KICK" button for a reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have left in the middle of TTs/BHs/FCs during bosses for that kind of ****. I don't tolerate it and neither should anyone else.

Don't let it phase you, just kick or leave and enjoy the QQ spam b:pleased
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Honestly I've been mistreated maybe twice the way some other clerics complain about it. I just let the person have it, leave squad, or ask for a boot, whichever is appropriate. The overwhelming majority of people <3 their human hp pots.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The overwhelming majority of people <3 their human hp pots.

And those that don't tend to end up dead anyway b:quiet

Not that I have anything to do with that, of course
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Drakva - Dreamweaver
    Drakva - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Love to see the support for the healing class~ I've had it happen a couple times where I had to leave for a restroom break or something else, and one person complains that they have to wait. It's as if clerics aren't allowed to have biological functions like DD classes... b:sad
    Using macros is like drinking...do it responsibly.
    Also, did you know clerics can heal themselves? b:puzzled
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Love to see the support for the healing class~ I've had it happen a couple times where I had to leave for a restroom break or something else, and one person complains that they have to wait. It's as if clerics aren't allowed to have biological functions like DD classes... b:sad

Get back into your cage until I need you to heal me! And don't you dare pee on the carpet, you hear me Cleric?!! >:O

But really... this is the main reason I've stopped running BH. Although now.. I kind of need to, I wanna level again b:cry been 90 for over 2 months >.<
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    that's quite a normal situation. you warn the annoying member that if he keeps griefing the other member, he/she will get kicked. some will just stop but others will ignore you and keep on and then you'll have 1 more reason to hit the kick button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Handmaiden - Dreamweaver
    Handmaiden - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That's around where I either leave squad and BL the jerk, or just stop healing them, refuse to rez, etc.
    I don't tolerate that sort of behavior from people, neither do most clerics at higher level.

It's good to see other classes notice this sort of stuff, though, normally people just ignore it or act like it's supposed to happen.
    Relent - 8x HA Veno
    Handmaiden - 9x Cleric
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol, I almost hate to admit it, but I've left squads and reinvited the people who know how to act appropriately if it happens to be the lead being an ****.

We all make mistakes, we all get mad, but there's no excuse for flaming others if things don't happen to work the way you want. Big difference between explaining/asking and flaming idiot btw b:laugh
  • _Neve_ - Heavens Tear
    _Neve_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    when its one person acting like that - kick
    when its the biggest part of the squad thougth there is only one thing too do - keep going till you get too the boss, stand wide back and just watch the barb running in and his hp dropping, and then its just one little klick too townport ^_^
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've been in BHes and FBs where particularly nasty BMs, barbs, and DDers treat the cleric as their personal servant. In BH 51, we were getting close to Trioc when our cleric had to leave for RL issues. Ok, no prob. So he leaves, and there's two spots left (we only had five people). I got a cleric and a BM, the cleric from my fac, and the BM from Archosaur. Everyone else is waiting at Trioc, so I port in, run to where they were camping for the time, and our new BM is right behind me. We decide to clear the way a bit for the cleric, so me, the veno, and the wizzie were all killing vampire ladies. BM does a Leroy Jenkins and dies. For the next twenty minutes, he's yelling at us to ress him and we keep telling him to just wait for the cleric because, although we have heal spells, WE CANNOT RESS. So he starts in on the cleric, telling him to hurry up and stuff. (Cleric is flying, as he is trying to save $$$ of course.) Our wizzie told him to stop yelling at the cleric, because he was coming as fast as he could.

Eventually he starts cussing her out, and then I got fed up and told him to cut it out and be patient. He ragequits and goes to find some other squad.
    I don't see any point in treating the cleric like your personal servant. They don't HAVE to help you, so it's best to not act as if their only purpose is to follow you around with Ironheart. I feel for any clerics that have been treated this way.

TY! *hugs*
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
  • Vivyenne - Heavens Tear
    Vivyenne - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^
    Totally agrees ~hugz~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amaliee - Archosaur
    Amaliee - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I hope when he rage-quit he wasn't rezzed at that point! :P

Also in those types of situations, when you're calling in someone else to finish up an instance, I always offer to pay what in this case would have been 5k to have them teleport in. It makes all the sense in the world as it allows them to arrive quicker, and they haven't gotten the benefit or coin of a full run after all. Point is there are ways around things like that, resorting to immature comments doesn't help anything.

Good on you for sticking up for your cleric! lol :)
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That's a bh39 btw b:chuckle

But yeah - if it's one member, kick them. If they happen to be the lead, disband squad and start over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • iluvprpl
    iluvprpl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I totally agree guys. Some people are such noobs and all they think a cleric does is heal and rez. And sometimes its just straight-up impatience. People need to just relax and let the cleric come to where you are before spamming them with heal/rez requests. Especially in dungeouns, the cleric's priority is themselves, the tank, then the rest. If you're a DD and grab aggro, dont expect to be healed right away. It's not just you and the cleric in the squad.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I agree with the original poster. Some people are immature and treat clerics like ****, expecting us to put up with it like saints. I remember once having a barb for bh51 that was such a jerk and an imcompentent tank (acted like a spoiled brat) that everyone else unanimously voted to get of him, which was no big since he wasn't the only barb in squad. What we did was leave squad and started over without him. Bh went smoothly after that. b:victory

Next time you encounter someone obnoxious like that, just boot him, start over, or, if possible, get him to give you lead. That barb was smart enough to know that we'd kick him if we got lead, but he still wasn't protected from the boot. XD

I'm glad the wiz spoke up though. I always like it when people support the cleric, because our job is tougher than it looks, but nonetheless important. =)
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ah, you should have kicked him.

When people start bossing me around, they usually do it once. It's usually runners who do that and I have to tell them that they better be in my range or they'll die because I'm not chasing them when I have to heal other people. I used to put up with it during the lower levels but now that I'm in the 50s, I think players should know better by now.

Yesterday, I had to deal with a pretty sucky BM who kept rushing forward and then losing aggro thus killing the two sins in the squad repeatedly. When I told him we needed to wait for the second cleric after resing the party for a second time, he gave every excuse in the world, blaming everyone but himself. I lost my patience after he said that *I* needed to calm down because he was the only one who died and all I need to do is heal (I guess he was too busy rushing forward to notice.) so the next time he died, I let him stay dead until the rest of the squad caught up. b:chuckle To add insult to injury, the other sins killed a couple of mobs without trouble as we waited and one of them remarked how smoothly it went. He behaved himself after that. b:chuckle
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • ShadowMiss - Raging Tide
    ShadowMiss - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I rarely have that problem, since my squads are usally made out of my lovely faction (and I'm the only one that's actually doing the damn quests and the lvl 90s don' really nreed healing much because they're fighting the lvl 20s of my quests).

But here's what you do. Tell everyone who agrees that the guy is a jackass to stop fighting/healing for a moment and wait. Tell him you're 'just getting the chi for a big cleric spell that shoukld make you powerful enough to ko this time, and start killing random low-levels. When he looks close to dying and starts yelling at you for a heal, just quietly say 'no' and watch him die.

After that tell him that you wanna see some changes otherwise I'm going to ressurect your fat **** and you'll see one of the following:
    1) He will kick you out (but good luck fighting without a cleric).
    2)He will verbally abuse you some more. (be persistant)
    3)he will be all sweet and lovely until you ressurect him and then he will be a jerk **** again (don't heal him.. EVER)
    4) He will angrily tell you he's sorry and just not tsalk to you any more (SCORE)
    5)He will be nice to you. (Zomg thanks Shadowmiss *gives her 100gold*)
    6)Magical puppies will appear from fairyland and ressurect him (damnit! not only am I insane, he's also ressurected)
  • Creag - Raging Tide
    Creag - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well I feel happy now. I laugh when I die, because I know I gave it my best shot and didn't run away like a lil (Censored?!). b:laugh

But... Why does he have to act like such a big meanie? b:sad

BTW, this is my new barb. Other one tanked Quin at 38. ^__^ I died in that hall, saving a DD from a lantern. lol
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Are you sure they werent a mentally **** person? I mean seriously. You would have a hard time finding that sort of person even if you pulled someone random off the road.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I know what you mean. People are so nice and happy when i say ill do bh with them, i mean who wouldn't want a cleric. Sometimes its little things that irk me. Like people telling me how to do my job. Im a cleric, i dont need a barb telling me to spam IH during a boss...i know, im not using pure hearted over here. Then the things that REALLY annoy me. People blaze through all the mobs that assplode and take aoe damage at an insane pace when im around, everyone's reckless as hell. As there's 6 of them and 1 of me, i try to use chronomatic healing beam so i dont have to heal everyone one by one...and they run away from my aoe , to the next mob and more often than not, someone dies and gets pissy.

Worst of all is when someone like a sin or a low level BM will run way a head of me, pull an ENTIRE room without warning me, and im not exaggeration when i say entire. Die, and spaz on me because i didn't heal them...being on the other side of the map and all.

Even after sticking around an extra 45 min after my bh was done so others got theirs, its rare i get a simple ty after burning my mana to death...lol
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Creag - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm starting to get put-off from building my Cleric... b:surrender
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm starting to get put-off from building my Cleric... b:surrender
    i actually think its rare tho. Like a unlucky lottery.b:surrender

i hear a crapton of these stories and i dont think ive experienced any for myself and ive been playing cleric since nov2008
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Creag - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i actually think its rare tho. Like a unlucky lottery.b:surrender

i hear a crapton of these stories and i dont think ive experienced any for myself and ive been playing cleric since nov2008

Yay! ^__^ b:thanks Hugs for everyone :3
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hmm...one of my favorite things I like when playing a cleric is not putting up with jerks...wait...i don't put up with jerks on my bm either...hmm.... I sense a trend.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Creag - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hmm...one of my favorite things I like when playing a cleric is not putting up with jerks...wait...i don't put up with jerks on my bm either...hmm.... I sense a trend.

b:pleased

But what of the jerks? :o Do they all huddle into a small group and wait for dark before coming out and terrorize Arch? b:shocked lol b:laugh

If you really think about it, a cleric is the most needed class. Not the DD or tank. They can all do damage and take it, but none of them can HEAL b:victory

EDIT: Actually some can heal... But Clerics are specifically for healing and buffing. So we win, lol
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm just saying.

I agree with most everything that's been said in this thread and I definitely think that clerics get yelled at and pushed around a lot, which is rather obnoxious..

BUT..

1. If you get invited to a BH that is already at the boss, you don't take your sweet-**** time flying there. That's rude to the rest of the squad. You port in and run like hell.

2. I have met a good number of clerics who DO get a little god-complex in their head and they sort of adopt an attitude of "I'M the cleric, you'll wait for ME to get there, you better not make ME angry because I'll leave the squad and THEN what will you do, I want it my way derp derp derp". I mean, we all do it at times because we're clerics and we need that little ego-boost, but it gets to a point where it's like.. get over yourself. It's so much more effective to just try to be a GOOD cleric and have your squad really appreciate you being there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza