Please fix the charm glitch...

Taarloor - Harshlands
Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Fix the bug where high attk rate chars can kill me without my charm ticking or doing enough damage to bypass charm.

Its a really lame glitch giving sins/fist BMs unfair edge.

Fix nao pl0x?
Post edited by Taarloor - Harshlands on

Comments

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If they do enough damage to bypass your charm tick....doesn't that mean you got 1 hit?
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If they do enough damage to bypass your charm tick....doesn't that mean you got 1 hit?

No lol he doesn't mean it like that....
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2010

no for some reason it takes charms almost a sec to tick after having lower than 50% :/
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yesterday my charm didnt tick at all when some sin slapped me and no it wasnt 1hit 3 or 4 hits QQ :(
  • brownflamer
    edited April 2010
    And this gives sins and fist BM an advantage....

It it fair?

Is it unfair?

YOU decide b:laugh
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Dun worry, I'm sure PW's working on it..

charm2.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    When it comes to fixing bugs, don't expect it to happen any time soon, if ever.
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    bumping this up again, can a GM or someone acknowledge this problem?b:surrender
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have not experienced this yet. But i think its like how my charm doesn't tick if im tanking a boss and the cleric heal just as my hp goes below 50%.

Guess its because it takes about 0.25-0.5 seconds for a charm to activate itself and get you back full health. A player with around 5 aps will be able to deal some serious dmg during that time.

Doubt they fix it tho, they might not even consider it a glitch. They will say go charge some zen and get more hp so you can tank 5 aps fists while waiting for the charm to work properly.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Post charm amount before and after "glitch" and see if it ticked or not.
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I dont see the bug getting fixed soon.. report the ones that abuse it to kill you ^^
    abusing a bug is banable :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StarmanSuper - Harshlands
    StarmanSuper - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I dont see the bug getting fixed soon.. report the ones that abuse it to kill you ^^

Only if it's intentional.
  • Cryin - Heavens Tear
    Cryin - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2010

i LOL'ed so hard b:laughb:laugh

So what you mean is, ima kick **** assassin, and i kick some wizzie **** before he even realise it ... although he as a charm and he died so fast that the charm couldn't tick ... At then end the wizzie tells me:

" AHAHAHAHA i powned you"
    and i: " You what ? =O"
    Him again: " Ima report you to the GMie cause you killed me before my charm tick, you meanie" .....

Plz stop QQ about every single stupid minor uselless thing ... b:chuckleb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Only love breaks a heart." b:thanks
  • brownflamer
    edited April 2010
    Only if it's intentional.

^this

there's a famous saying: "Don't hate the playa....hate the game!"
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010

rofllmao.
    THERE IS NO BUG!

this is just something no one thought of. Lag and uber-gear comes into place. Ban the ones abusing it? HOW THE ** CAN YOU BAN SOMEONE FOR NORMAL ATTACKING YOU? HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU STOP A CHAR THAT HITS 5 TIMES/SEC TO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS CHARM TICK DELAY?.

Seriously now, whoever thinks this will be fixed is an oracle noob. Veteran players know that something like this will NEVER be fixed. I died a lot of times in laggy TWs without any charm ticks, respawned in base and saw 5x1500 hit appear after that in dmg log. Those would have never killed me normally, but because of lag, all the hits came in the same time/no charm tick/me dead. Same **** happens in RB when u get 1ked, just a slight different scenario

Honestly PWI is just getting more broken every day, players are finding more and more holes that no one bother to cover/no one knew they existed.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cryin - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    rofllmao.
    THERE IS NO BUG!

this is just something no one thought of. Lag and uber-gear comes into place. Ban the ones abusing it? HOW THE ** CAN YOU BAN SOMEONE FOR NORMAL ATTACKING YOU? HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU STOP A CHAR THAT HITS 5 TIMES/SEC TO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS CHARM TICK DELAY?.

Seriously now, whoever thinks this will be fixed is an oracle noob. Veteran players know that something like this will NEVER be fixed. I died a lot of times in laggy TWs without any charm ticks, respawned in base and saw 5x1500 hit appear after that in dmg log. Those would have never killed me normally, but because of lag, all the hits came in the same time/no charm tick/me dead. Same **** happens in RB when u get 1ked, just a slight different scenario

Honestly PWI is just getting more broken every day, players are finding more and more holes that no one bother to cover/no one knew they existed.

SO TRUE!!! xD

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i LOL'ed so hard b:laughb:laugh

So what you mean is, ima kick **** assassin, and i kick some wizzie **** before he even realise it ... although he as a charm and he died so fast that the charm couldn't tick ... At then end the wizzie tells me:

" AHAHAHAHA i powned you"
    and i: " You what ? =O"
    Him again: " Ima report you to the GMie cause you killed me before my charm tick, you meanie" .....

Plz stop QQ about every single stupid minor uselless thing ... b:chuckleb:victory

1st Im not QQing at all, just giving a solution.. And yea ofcourse I meant when its intentional.. but now to think of it how do you tell if someone intentionally abuses your charm, hmm..

Leave me alone I just woke up when I made that post D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cryin - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    1st Im not QQing at all, just giving a solution.. And yea ofcourse I meant when its intentional.. but now to think of it how do you tell if someone intentionally abuses your charm, hmm..

Leave me alone I just woke up when I made that post D:

Ok then .. I forgive you b:pleased

But once again, there's NO BUG AT ALL ... Like that has been said TOP-Gear alot of -int b.hits, is all part of the game charms are just some adds to help you out ... Who cares if the freaking charm is slowminded and not tick in time b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    meh if you lost 50%+ hp in less than a second, how long would it take even if ur charm ticked?
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well, with some lag coming into place, you can have a 2.5 sec delay. 2.5 sec means about 13 hits? I mean, yeah, I can see an arcane drop dead in 13 fist/daggers hits, especially tripple/double sparked.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well, with some lag coming into place, you can have a 2.5 sec delay. 2.5 sec means about 13 hits? I mean, yeah, I can see an arcane drop dead in 13 fist/daggers hits, especially tripple/double sparked.

i see myself die in 13 if all crits on 3 spark.. lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    ummm, 1.5 seconds is the difference between casting expel on them or not, its alot. ijs.
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    I dont think the developers brainstorming session, when designing the charms went like:

Dev 1: "Well, I think at 50% it should kick in and take the character back to 100% hp, and we'll make it 10 seconds cooldown before it can tick again"

Tard Dev: "Oh yea and we should fully make it not work if someone gets all the interval gear, coz that gear is sooo hard to get."

It just didnt happen.

Fix problem please.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think the game is telling you to get moar haychpee's
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I dont think the developers brainstorming session, when designing the charms went like:

Dev 1: "Well, I think at 50% it should kick in and take the character back to 100% hp, and we'll make it 10 seconds cooldown before it can tick again"

Tard Dev: "Oh yea and we should fully make it not work if someone gets all the interval gear, coz that gear is sooo hard to get."

It just didnt happen.

Fix problem please.

Thats like asking developers to fix skill delay or lag <.<

A charm is like anything in this game, it will always activate after a little delay. Same if you talk to NPC, use a skill, use a pot, send a party invite, type something etc etc etc

Only way to "fix problem" would be nerfing all classes with insane dps.

Not saying i approve of people killing me before my charm even have time to kick in, but not really sure what can be done about it since nothing in an MMO is instant.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thats like asking developers to fix skill delay or lag <.<

A charm is like anything in this game, it will always activate after a little delay. Same if you talk to NPC, use a skill, use a pot, send a party invite, type something etc etc etc

Only way to "fix problem" would be nerfing all classes with insane dps.

Not saying i approve of people killing me before my charm even have time to kick in, but not really sure what can be done about it since nothing in an MMO is instant.

Simple solution is hit a hp pot, it allows for that fraction of the second the hp charm needs to tick.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Fix the bug where high attk rate chars can kill me without my charm ticking or doing enough damage to bypass charm.

Its a really lame glitch giving sins/fist BMs unfair edge.

Fix nao pl0x?

Lag less. Charm ticks are figured on your pc. and yes there is a latency in getting that information to the server.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Dun worry, I'm sure PW's working on it..

charm2.jpg

I laughed so hard at this. Well done.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • ninjakatt
    ninjakatt Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This "glitch" is more from lag than anything else. I had that problem on days I lagged most so I learned to not use it and I die lot less often since I'm more cautious in combat. You see, if you learn to not have charm wiping your back, you will become better gamer. This is exactly what's wrong with the game. People rely on charms so much that they are backfiring now causing mass QQ. Learn to play without cash shop items is all I have to say.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lag less. Charm ticks are figured on your pc. and yes there is a latency in getting that information to the server.

If thats true then it looks like realy big and exploitable misdesign. Eg. someone last time was talking about charm switching off and with such fact you can block it on your own.