Feeding A Ground Mount

Riverwell - Archosaur
Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I just got a ground mount and I was wondering if there was any point in actually feeding them? It already had no loyalty, and I'm not using it to attack so...

Idk, there just didn't really seem to be any advantages.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-
Previous Enemy Executor
Current SentineI Member
-
"I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
Post edited by Riverwell - Archosaur on

Comments

• Cailleach - Harshlands
    Cailleach - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The higher its loyalty, the less chance there is for you to be dismounted when you take a hit.

Also, the higher the loyalty, the faster it levels up. Maximum level is 11 though, and each level gives +0.1 m/s speed.
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    edited April 2010
    Ohhkay, I see. Thank you for the reply. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yeh gotta feed it so u dont get kicked off the mount
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • NemoVtr - Sanctuary
    NemoVtr - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I just got a ground mount and I was wondering if there was any point in actually feeding them? It already had no loyalty, and I'm not using it to attack so...

Idk, there just didn't really seem to be any advantages.

yes buy or make a tome for yur class wont ever have to feed it but 1 time unless it dies in battle
  • EronKillstar - Dreamweaver
    EronKillstar - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    mounts dont dieb:bye

that aside though, tomes do keep your pets from going hungry. so if you have one you come out pretty well to just buy a few of those "expensive" pet waters from the pet manager when you hatch your mount. Feed it to full loyalty (about 10 of them IIRC) and you wont ever have to feed your pet again, and it levels faster.

Level 80 stash box has Christmas tome, btw.
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well, ignoring that those tomes are cash items, and you can't get to lvl 80 supply stash without using perfect iron hammers which are (you guessed it, hopefully) cash items... do these tomes work on combat pets as well, or just mounts?
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • EronKillstar - Dreamweaver
    EronKillstar - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    they work on all pets. so the cost of feeding a herc goes away, and will only need to be fed if it dies, in order to restore loyalty for damage output and xp gain.

and people sell the Christmas Tome in catshops/wc. Some even give them away to faction members when they get a better tome.
  • Hidoro - Sanctuary
    Hidoro - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    For more information on what EronKillstar is talking about, PWI has change the pet where you don't have to feed it anymore beside what he said about damage output and exp gain. That also includes mount.
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    edited April 2010
    Oh wow. Thanks everyone for the resposes. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The best way to get a tome with using the boutique is to buy tokens best of luck go to pwi agent and get mystical pages there.You then want to look for mystical fragments and go to the 1 Thousand Streams and make up your tome.You can find the following tokens and mystical fragments in catshops.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • swaggerman
    swaggerman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The higher its loyalty, the less chance there is for you to be dismounted when you take a hit.

Also, the higher the loyalty, the faster it levels up. Maximum level is 11 though, and each level gives +0.1 m/s speed.

Ok i just wanna know how do you feed your ground mount like what to give them? and where to get it
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    swaggerman wrote: »
    Ok i just wanna know how do you feed your ground mount like what to give them? and where to get it
    The Pet Managers sell food for pets and ground mounts. Just right-click the food in your inventory, or drag it to a speedbar and click it there to feed your pet/ground mount.

Also, please do not post in threads that have been dead for over 30 days. Thread necro is frowned upon here. Next time just start a new thread instead. Thanks. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
This discussion has been closed.