Blocking attacks with sparks

Yulk - Heavens Tear
Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello newer players, ever thought about automatically blocking an attack? You want to see a 100% miss? Well this thread is for you.

2010-04-1802-34-13.jpg

You can resist every single attacks 100% of the time, only if you use sparks, which is learned at level 29, level 59 and level 89. Just remember it only lasts for a quick second. This helps in both PVE and PVP. You just have to know when to time your sparks. For example, this backstabbing scorpion, I have to be at certain meter before it tries to do an attack. I use spark to deflect the attack.

Sparks get slower as you use higher levels though, but you will be resisting attacks longer because of longer resist...

Enjoy :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
Post edited by Yulk - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You know, I'm actually surprised that no one ever mentioned this before. o_O

It actually is really useful to know and learn. Can't really be used that often though (unless you're a fist BM with lots of -interval or a sin) since it does require at least 1 spark but it saved my squishy **** quite a few times on bosses with AoEs.

Edit: Well, genie skills and chi pots exist so I guess it could be used more often if you wanted. =/
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    can a GM please delete / fix this ? XD

ugh... can't edit...

To my knowledge the edit button works.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It succesfuly blocks skills and effects also (just to add)

For example ->

Veno is trying to purge you
    Use Spark
    Purge has no effect.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    To my knowledge the edit button works.

ahh, well I had issues trying to fix the post so the beginners could read it.

Thanks to gms, finally fixed b:pleased

Edit: Oh can you screen shot that Rikako? I'd love to see this. I would add it immune to curses / purge o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• LaraiaAroh - Dreamweaver
    LaraiaAroh - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That's really helpful. :) Thanks. <3
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Useful spark information: triple spark clears poison.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Useful spark information: triple spark clears poison.

awesome o.o, I'll add that to the guide. It would be cool showing screen shots though i'll add it on database
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Single spark isn't reallly good, the imunity is only 1 second long and the attack bonus is bad.

Double spark heals for 10%, and the imunity is 2 seconds long.

Triple spark casts purify on the user, and heals them 20% of their max hp too. Both of these facts are often over looked, but if you're sparking faily regularly, the 20% adds up quickly. Imunity is 3 seconds.

Its also useful to time your spark with charms and potion cooldowns, especially at 89+. The 20% healing and the 3 seconds of spark goes a long way during those 10 long seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    rikako wrote: »
    It succesfuly blocks skills and effects also (just to add)

For example ->

Veno is trying to purge you
    Use Spark
    Purge has no effect.

Actually, purge will still work. Even worse, itll purge the spark itself, meaning you wasted anywhere from 100-300 chi.

Yes, they're OP b:surrender
  • EronKillstar - Dreamweaver
    EronKillstar - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Single spark isn't reallly good, the imunity is only 1 second long and the attack bonus is bad.

Double spark heals for 10%, and the imunity is 2 seconds long.

spark effects are different between classes. On my barb for example, a double spark gives 10% HP (as well as the normal stuff). On my veno on the other hand, double spark gives 10% MP.
  • Hidoro - Sanctuary
    Hidoro - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Actually, purge will still work. Even worse, itll purge the spark itself, meaning you wasted anywhere from 100-300 chi.

Yes, they're OP b:surrender

You sure the skill purge hit you during your immunity time? If it hits afterword, it would remove the buffs.