Lend Items

daluoxian
daluoxian Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
I think there should be a system to lend items to a player temporarily.

Like this. . .

Lend Item
1hour
3hours
24hours
till log off

With a price per item lent.

Items cannot be dropped once lent.

It just would be nice to lend someone a weapon for a dungeon without actually "trading" it to them.
Post edited by daluoxian on

Comments

• Glowfish - Lost City
    Glowfish - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    that's a cool idea...

but people could exploit it...loan all their gear from one char to another and go pking without worrying about equipment dropping, with no need to buy guardians or use safety lock.

maybe if you could only loan one item at a time. i dunno.

what kind of price are you talking about? gold/silver/coin?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    As long as the items can drop, and are not protected by guardian angels, I think it could work. That would remove the chance of people exploiting the lending as a safety lock.

You borrow a item, and you will have a 100% chance the item will drop if you get killed, and no way to protect it. Now you know to only lend items to people you trust, and no way to abuse that by gettting uber gear on loan to go pk, since the risk would be way too high.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    How about that the loaned item goes back to the owner upon death, not dropping...

oh, well. its possible that person A borrows item from B and, either B himself or B's guildie friends or whoever pks A to get money and item back lol

maybe like, never drops when white, 100% drop when pink/red.
  • Fox_Angel - Harshlands
    Fox_Angel - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think itd be a cool idea
    Nuclear launch detected.

KainAlon: OOOMMMGGGGG
    Xenark: HOLY!!! It's the end of the world....Maybe?
    Cackle: OH GOD A NUCLEAR LAUNCH
    Hermit_Sage: Take Cover
    Kaalt: holy shea we doomed
    xluthienx: OMG PWI HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR
    Crescentia: EVERYONE GRAB A CLERIC AND MAKE THEM BB
    Slodki_PL: AAAAA EVERYBODY DOWN!!!
    Vodevil: GMs are drunks
    Fox_Angel: The bomb was detected but never went off.....darn it
    Saya_: Its still flying here
  • Solae - Raging Tide
    Solae - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    so its kind of like auction house ?
    it sounds pretty good, but there should be something like yu can loan only once or twice a week to avoid people super gearing up players
    levl 8x cleric on ragingg tidee; Solae
  • Fox_Angel - Harshlands
    Fox_Angel - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well you should also make it so you can't lend items to the same acc. It won't prevent it, but its suck going bk and forth b:chuckle
    Nuclear launch detected.

KainAlon: OOOMMMGGGGG
    Xenark: HOLY!!! It's the end of the world....Maybe?
    Cackle: OH GOD A NUCLEAR LAUNCH
    Hermit_Sage: Take Cover
    Kaalt: holy shea we doomed
    xluthienx: OMG PWI HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR
    Crescentia: EVERYONE GRAB A CLERIC AND MAKE THEM BB
    Slodki_PL: AAAAA EVERYBODY DOWN!!!
    Vodevil: GMs are drunks
    Fox_Angel: The bomb was detected but never went off.....darn it
    Saya_: Its still flying here
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The only problem I see would be getting all the best items on loan for PK and/or TW. A person could borrow stuff from players in several different factions. That strikes me as somewhat unfair. Lending items like mounts or clothes, however, would be great, because you know these expensive items are coming back to you, even if the person borrowing them is actually out to scam you (or worse, gets banned while he has your items).

I think the only thing required is that while an item is being borrowed, the borrower cannot PK or TW. If they enter PK or TW, the borrowed items are immediately returned to their owner (via the mailbox system just as with the Auction House). Same thing if they are banned (although this might need to subject the lender to some discipline as well ... case by case investigation would be likely).

Otherwise I like this idea.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Warpath_JA - Heavens Tear
    Warpath_JA - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    As long as the items can drop, and are not protected by guardian angels, I think it could work. That would remove the chance of people exploiting the lending as a safety lock.

You borrow a item, and you will have a 100% chance the item will drop if you get killed, and no way to protect it. Now you know to only lend items to people you trust, and no way to abuse that by gettting uber gear on loan to go pk, since the risk would be way too high.

this is a terible idea about being able to lose the item by getting pk'd, lets say you had a verry powerfull weapon someone rented it, with out it being protected from being dropped/broke then they could sell it, insted make it so it can't be droped, broken or traded that would keep people from exploiting it, because stuff that can be dropped can also be traded/sold, now if it was protected and they lets say dropped it to give to a friend
    after renting it insted of it being dropped it gets sent to the renters mailbox, but the topic of renting items for people to use does sound verry good.
  • oliedaking
    oliedaking Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ive got it! you can only lend/borrow one item per day and if the person dies pvp with that item the item goes back to the original owner and the person gets 2 hours red name. Max lending time 24 hours.
  • Zephirin - Dreamweaver
    Zephirin - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    oliedaking wrote: »
    Ive got it! you can only lend/borrow one item per day and if the person dies pvp with that item the item goes back to the original owner and the person gets 2 hours red name. Max lending time 24 hours.

One item at a time is better, that way if you died and need the item back you can still use it after, and going red is a horrible penalty. Having the item go back to the original owner upon death is enough.

Full support to this idea.
  • daluoxian
    edited April 2010
    Yea ive seen this in a few other games and it tends to work out well. im fairly sure that this wouldnt be put in the game because PWI just doesnt take our advise, well as far as i know. It would be cool but i just wanted to share my idea with other people.

Im just happy people like my idea
  • WildMutt - Sanctuary
    WildMutt - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    you play ********* im guessing lol
  • Warpath_JA - Heavens Tear
    Warpath_JA - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    oliedaking wrote: »

Thats a prety good idea, and if you don't mind my adding, if the borrower tries to sell/trade/drop the borrowed item it'd get sent back to the renter.
  • daluoxian
    edited April 2010
    Yea, so if the person drops the item it automatically returns to the lenders mailbox.
  • therealhisssna
    therealhisssna Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    DEAR GOD PLEASE dont turn this into ********* i wanna be able to quit one of my charecters and transfer all of stuff to one account by trading WITHOUT A TRADE LIMIT
    please dont get a trade limit the lending this could be good but it leeds to the trade limit so noobs dont get ripped off but whatever i mean come on just put the prices of each item below if i wanna give me friends a armored bear for a stick of butter then i shud be able to
  • Poxzozxoqz - Harshlands
    Poxzozxoqz - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Good idea, just have to make sure it can only be used in pve.
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    this is in general a bad idea since theres too many variables to consider, one being people abusing it for permanent SL
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    DEAR GOD PLEASE dont turn this into ********* i wanna be able to quit one of my charecters and transfer all of stuff to one account by trading WITHOUT A TRADE LIMIT
    please dont get a trade limit the lending this could be good but it leeds to the trade limit so noobs dont get ripped off but whatever i mean come on just put the prices of each item below if i wanna give me friends a armored bear for a stick of butter then i shud be able to

I used to play the game you're referring to, it wasn't item lending that led to the trade limit, it was real world trading. I know that game sucks, but at least get your facts straight.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    this is in general a bad idea since theres too many variables to consider, one being people abusing it for permanent SL

That's why you only allow one item at a time to be lent, even if they constantly borrow the item they can still drop other gear.
  • Heket - Harshlands
    Heket - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So once item is lent then it will be the same as bound item, and ever time the item is lent you will have to pay for the "bound" item , so say i want to lend my gathstorm to someone, it would cost them 10k and the money is paid to me, and the pros are, the item cant be dropped even if SL is off. But you can only lend for a certain amount of time.