class and server help

DeadlySinsx - Heavens Tear
DeadlySinsx - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
ok so ive talk to many about this subject and no one really knows what to tell me. ill start with the shortest part 1st...before i start im going to say that i dont like to cash shop but i have before when i needed a charm desperately and just used USD....
Which server should i play on? Heaven's Tear, or Lost City, OR convince me to another one.
ok...i love love love to pk...but im scared if im on a pvp server, once i hit lvl 30 ill get killed a lot for no reason, lose all my gear, and have to start over again. but i thin once i got to like 6x it would be more fun. my other problem is that i dont want to have to pay 2xxk to get 1 angel scroll just to lose it in 5 seconds...the solution, safety lock. safety lock can get very very annoying. if i want to quest, i have to wait for the timer to run out, sell to npc, bank, then relog. (i usually have my timer set for 1 hour)
now on a pve server i could wait til 6x to even go into pk but id want to do a little here and there with ppl my lvl at 3x and 4x just for fun. i cant even name a hand full that go into pk mode at 3x or 4x or even 5x on pve servers just b/c of all the 9x that are just waiting to see you and blow your brains out just to laugh at you.

next, what character should i play til end game?

blademaster - i like to do damage and be able to tank a lot. they are super easy to quest with unless you are against mag mobs or mobs that like to run for you. but i always get confused with all the builds, like axe, fist, pole, and sword.

wizzy - i like their massive damages, but i hate their squishyness. and i think that they are pretty expensive with weps and that stuff.

cleric - i love to heal and id make a full support, but id be squishy and id always have to have someone in my squad, or id have to meditate after every 2 mobs for 5 mins to get my mp back up from spam healing myself

archer - i currently have one, i love the damage but they are squishy and very expensive. my mana charm is always ticking, it never stops...and i dont like the cost of charms.

veno - i had a veno at lvl 50 but i dont really want to play one. they are good for farming coin but if you dont have a herc, dont even think about trying to get into a bh squad at higher lvls. when i was at 51 and tried to do bh39 i was always asked if i had a herc and when i said no, i got kicked from squad.....

barb - love their tanking. ive never played one b/c of their costs for repairs and i dont wanna have to constantly grind coin to repair stuff.

sin - umm i have one at lvl 20 and i think that they are too squishy and not worth my time to lvl. im not saying they are bad, ive seen what they can do but i just dont think they are for me

phy - same as sin only i like their damages if they are played right.

so if you can help me, i may be able to reward you some how or another if i play on your server. what server and what class and why? please try to relate it to me and the descriptions i gave. sorry that im complicated and just think like this. i just dont know how to solve these problems myself so im asking the best MMO community EVER!!!

thanks

Deadly b:cool
<<----I'm a total NooB and I'm not proud of it! b:cryb:cry

<<----DeadlySins will rule you all sooner or later b:coolb:victory
Post edited by DeadlySinsx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    okie well i like archer and sin bcuz they crit alot and are good in pvp and u can grind easily and its inexpensive. and u have an easy time in dungeon ppl dont expect much of u just hit the boss.

and as far as the servers go well i been on both pvp and pve server for quite a while and its like extremes like on Lost City u get killed non stop over and over. its kill or be killed u dont know who to trust. but on pve server there is like no pvp at all exect for the few high lvl cash shoppers and i seen their pvp its really boring.

so like if u wanna join pvp server make sure you join an anti-pk faction so they can protect you until lvl 80 and then kill kill kill those mfers!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you have the money & time-patient, with the right Build, Gear & super-Refines, a BM is the deadliest Class in this game imo.

With the right Build, Gear, Shards, Refines, a BM can have 8k+ HP, 10k PDef, 10k MDef and 5atk/sec.

Yes, it all requires money, but you also need to backup it with your in-game skills,
    if you yourself is not a noob at playing StunLock, can maximise the use of Skills, know how to use your Genie Skills; plus with the Stat I wrote above, is the deadliest combination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeadlySinsx - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    If you have the money & time-patient, with the right Build, Gear & super-Refines, a BM is the deadliest Class in this game imo.

With the right Build, Gear, Shards, Refines, a BM can have 8k+ HP, 10k PDef, 10k MDef and 5atk/sec.

Yes, it all requires money, but you also need to backup it with your in-game skills,
    if you yourself is not a noob at playing StunLock, can maximise the use of Skills, know how to use your Genie Skills; plus with the Stat I wrote above, is the deadliest combination.

exactly how expensive are we talking? and do you think ill need to cash shop a lot for it?

• MyuMyu - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    exactly how expensive are we talking? and do you think ill need to cash shop a lot for it?

Money requires:
    -Refines about +10 all Gear (if you can make all +12 would be more deadly)
    -buy Shards,
    -buy TT Mats,
    -Buy Coral/Luckybox to get Heaven Book (or buy from other player).

Time requires:
    -Grind at 1k Dungeon alot expecting Mobs there to drop item that can + Reputation (you need Rank8 BM Gear)
    -Go to Cube a lot (need Cube Necklace)
    -Duel / PvP alot to really mastering your in-game Char, Genie & Pharmacy Pots combination, when to use them etc.

Community/ Socialization requires:
    -TT Team to farm TT Mats
    -SM Team to farm Reputation
    -Faction that go to TW so you can make Special Pharmacy Pots at Elder.

If you dont want to Cash Shop, maybe can follow this dude here:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=648262
    (exchange time & patient <-> money)

>_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ^NO! do not +10 all your gear that will cost u thousands of dollars!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
    edited April 2010
    Money requires:
    -Refines about +10 all Gear (if you can make all +12 would be more deadly)
    -buy Shards,
    -buy TT Mats,
    -Buy Coral/Luckybox to get Heaven Book (or buy from other player).

Time requires:
    -Grind at 1k Dungeon alot expecting Mobs there to drop item that can + Reputation (you need Rank8 BM Gear)
    -Go to Cube a lot (need Cube Necklace)
    -Duel / PvP alot to really mastering your in-game Char, Genie & Pharmacy Pots combination, when to use them etc.

Community/ Socialization requires:
    -TT Team to farm TT Mats
    -SM Team to farm Reputation
    -Faction that go to TW so you can make Special Pharmacy Pots at Elder.

If you dont want to Cash Shop, maybe can follow this dude here:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=648262
    (exchange time & patient <-> money)

>_<

lol i was reading that think that he posted...very interesting. 1k dungeon? like one thousand streams? and whats SM team? sorry i know im a noob b:cry

and your talking about fist bm correct?

edited April 2010
    ^NO! do not +10 all your gear that will cost u thousands of dollars!

idk how much coin that would cost if you didnt cash shop it..

• MyuMyu - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    1k dungeon? like one thousand streams? and whats SM team?

umm yes One-Thousand Stream City.
    2 Dungeons that you can enter once you get your 1st Fairy at lvl89..

about SM Team, this one:
    http://janelh.wikidot.com/achievement-quest

sorry, the name is Trophy Mode..
    >_<... i forgot whats the name in PWI.. I should've search bfore writing SM..
    http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?tag=pwi-patch-notes

Yes Fist BM, need TT100 Red Fist for the Build, and need to mix-match TT Armor (Heavy & Light) to maximize the ASPD and balancing the PDef & MDef.
    do not +10 all your gear that will cost u thousands of dollars!

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    umm yes One-Thousand Stream City.
    2 Dungeons that you can enter once you get your 1st Fairy at lvl89..

about SM Team, this one:
    http://janelh.wikidot.com/achievement-quest

sorry, the name is Trophy Mode..
    >_<... i forgot whats the name in PWI.. I should've search bfore writing SM..
    http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?tag=pwi-patch-notes

Yes Fist BM, need TT100 Red Fist for the Build, and need to mix-match TT Armor (Heavy & Light) to maximize the ASPD and balancing the PDef & MDef.

b:surrender

so what is my build going to be?

5str 4dex and 1 vit every 2 lvls?

• MyuMyu - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    so what is my build going to be?

5str 4dex and 1 vit every 2 lvls?

nope, raise no Vit.
    later re-Stat your Vit & Mag to 3.

The build is more to be a killing machine 1 vs 1, so need to pour into Str more.
    HP can be gained throu Refines, and if you're very good at StunLock, you dont need to be afraid of how much HP you have.

mix-match Drake Bash, Heaven's Flame, Glacial Spike, Dragon Bane, Bolt, Dispel/ Spark Pharmacy Pots & Genie Skills to its max.

Even Barb with 20k HP & Phoenix will feel like a butter in front of Chainsaw with that Build & good player behind the comp.

*ps: Lag kills you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Uhm, if you're going to spend that much money on equips, any class will be deadly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    The reason why I choose BM bcos of their ability to StunLock, Fist Mastery, the ability to wear mix-match HA/LA without being a fail build.

why Fist mastery? Fist weapon supports you to be able to have 5atk/sec.
    of course AR & Barb can wear Fist to (or any other Class), but their damage on Fist wont be high as BM bcos they dont have Fist M.

and it's all just my own opinion thou :P thats why I highlighted imo on my 1st Post here.
    b:flower
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    The reason why I choose BM bcos of their ability to StunLock, Fist Mastery, the ability to wear mix-match HA/LA without being a fail build.

why Fist mastery? Fist weapon supports you to be able to have 5atk/sec.
    of course AR & Barb can wear Fist to (or any other Class), but their damage on Fist wont be high as BM bcos they dont have Fist M.

and it's all just my own opinion thou :P thats why I highlighted imo on my 1st Post here.
    b:flower
    That's fine, I just meant that if you're going to spend that much money, you don't need to bother about your class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2010
    ok so what is my build supposed to be? And with lowish hp for a bm....will I be ok at 2x 3x 4x and even 5x just doing quests and bh's?

• Foxyhit - Harshlands
    Foxyhit - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    to me the best endgame classes r barb and wizzys
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Try out all the classes, see which one you like the most, and play that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MyuMyu - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    ok so what is my build supposed to be? And with lowish hp for a bm....will I be ok at 2x 3x 4x and even 5x just doing quests and bh's?

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6c9a233315843f81
    as a BM, on lv 5x onward will be hard bcos of many Quests to fight Magic Mob (hate the swamp).

1 vs 1 Magic Mob is fine bcos of Fist #2 Skill, Axe #1 Skill, Roar & Genie's Skill Balance, but if you're being ganked, yes.. it will always be a problem..

Better find Cleric to duo, or wait until you reach higher lvl to do that Quest.

Do you play DotA? BM in Perfect World, same like Wizard, are 2 Late Heroes here.
    BM & Wizard will be really shine once they reach 100+
    I can't compare with Assassin & Psy bcos I haven't really play them to see their potential..

I played Full Str BM with no Vit till lvl6x and find no prob with Quest/Grinding, in fact, I use HP Pot rarely (I use HP Regen Pharmacy pots), I only need MP Pot.

Once you finished your 29 Culti, Spark Burst is your friend.
    Once you finished your 39 Culti, Kick #2 Skill is your friend to fight Magic Mobs.
    (of course @29 can use Axe #1 Skill, but it requires 1 Spark, so cannot use it often)
    Try out all the classes, see which one you like the most, and play that.

b:kiss True that. Bcos no matter how you hear some reviews from other about how godly xx Char is, if you don't like playing it, that review will be useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    ok awesome. im going to play a bm out and see how it goes. now that the class is settled, what server should i play on?

• Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ok awesome. im going to play a bm out and see how it goes. now that the class is settled, what server should i play on?

Prepare to be not needed in TTs. You will always be a second pick to an archer, you will have no HP or power of any sort unless you pay thousands of dollars. The only thing you can do as a BM is Frost and RB, ok you get to level 100 with your BM , then what ? Can't deal 5atk/per sec ( you need thousands of dollars to afford that ) , Archers do much better damage , you are not needed in any of the 3-X TTs ( And thats yous 99 gear btw ). You can't DD as well as Archers or Wizzies and you can't tank as well as barbs. To be successful with a BM you need to be a cash shopper or merchant, fist,claw/axe path.b:bye

As for server, PvE sucks, BH - TT , TT - BH. That's all you do , and the only peeps who PK are mad cash shoppers or extremely brave people who don't mind being a one shot for aforementioned cash shoppers.
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Torges - Sanctuary
    Torges - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    to me the best endgame classes r barb and wizzys

i agree with that
    edited April 2010
    @max

are you a bm on which ever pvp server you play on now?
    what server do you play on now?
    what lvl are you?
    if i choose the pvp server you are on, could i get some tips and pointers from you?

• Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Can't deal 5atk/per sec ( you need thousands of dollars to afford that ) , Archers do much better damage , you are not needed in any of the 3-X TTs ( And thats yous 99 gear btw ). You can't DD as well as Archers or Wizzies and you can't tank as well as barbs. To be successful with a BM you need to be a cash shopper or merchant, fist,claw/axe path.b:bye

this is pretty much truth, the most deadly bm's are fist style bm's and unless you can afford the gear your out of luck here. Most any class will have its behind handed to it if you dont have good gear. And good gear is gonna cost an arm leg and a kidney to get b:surrender
    The cheapest in pvp probably is a veno with nix if you let your pet do all the work. and if you get herc as well you can solo pve with ease. your still looking at $200 per pet though

as far as PvP server's harshland's is newer then lost city so in theory should have a lower population of higher levels (theory here, i dont play either one)
    Arch is the newest PvE server Heaven's Tear is the oldest

PVP on PVE servers is mostly just high levels who have already pimped out thier gear, and a few here and there who just wanna have fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    -bump-

still dont know what server i should play on....any advice, or comments? pls?

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    -bump-

still dont know what server i should play on....any advice, or comments? pls?

Go to LC if you like to PK, it's not that bad for low levels. I play a veno there, and even though there are some people who randomly kill low level chars, you can pretty much go past them by flying up high and going a bit farther to quest.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Go to LC if you like to PK, it's not that bad for low levels. I play a veno there, and even though there are some people who randomly kill low level chars, you can pretty much go past them by flying up high and going a bit farther to quest.
    Only time I was ever really killed was when I was questing near hidden orchid. Other than that, I was fine questing. I stopped at lvl 40, though, when I got my bh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Only time I was ever really killed was when I was questing near hidden orchid. Other than that, I was fine questing. I stopped at lvl 40, though, when I got my bh.
    Well, according to your join Date, you only came in when LC's PKing of fresh lvl 30+ players started to die down a lot. Around my 30s and up, we had to constantly watch our backs for higher lvl red names who constantly hunted us -.-
    But now, it's only around PvP hotspots which are mainly Silver Pool, Hidden Orchid and the Swamps when before it used to also include Secret Passage, Heaven's Tear and around Orchid Temple. The game was more interesting back then, but now...it's not the sameb:sad
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool