Just a suggestion.. about holding a sword when it's not in combat mode..

Options
hecker
hecker Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
It'll be so nice if we have the ability to put our weapons around the waist area, or the back of the character if it's a bigger weapon, if we are just in town chilling...

It looks silly when we are not fighting and everyone's holding their swords in town.

It's just a suggestions, don't flame me please =o)
Post edited by hecker on

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    hecker wrote: »
    It'll be so nice if we have the ability to put our weapons around the waist area, or the back of the character if it's a bigger weapon, if we are just in town chilling...

It looks silly when we are not fighting and everyone's holding their swords in town.

I did not think about that but it is funny. Anyway, you can always put your weapons back on your inventory if you do not want to show them around.
  • Loxin - Lost City
    Loxin - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I know it would look alot cooler if they did that...
    altho I doupt its functionalty tho.
    and it would be a bit harder on the programmers.
  • Metacon - Sanctuary
    Metacon - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i think you are wright on this one that was one of the small things that made wow cool and as far as it being harder on the programers it not that hard to do if a pixel game can do it iam sure a 3d game such as PW can
  • Metacon - Sanctuary
    Metacon - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    left out it chould just be a emote just push one of the key to put it away/bring it out
  • Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear
    Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It would be neat to be able to do that, I suppose. Not just limit it to swords and/or only in towns either. Look at Lord of the Rings (please excuse the reference), the characters have their weapons put away when they aren't hacking, slashing, and bow firing. They certainly aren't carrying them in their hands all day.

However, looking at it from a programming stand point, it's simpler to tell people to just unequip their weapons rather than code a whole new animation for every type of weapon for every class.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    left out it chould just be a emote just push one of the key to put it away/bring it out

When I drag a piece of wearable equipment onto one of my function bars, I can sheath and wield that weapon (or armor) by pushing that key.
  • Loxin - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Im guessing you an ex-WoW player too eh?

it they do the next mass expansion (if they have one)
    they could probebly include all these little add on features, like making it an option to have the wepon side holster.

and maby more of the other little Ideas around here.b:laugh
  • hecker
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Haha.. WoW has all these little things that really kept me into it but i quitted quite a long while ago since i couldn't take their cartoonish graphics anymore...

As for mmorpg, i mean these little things (besides actual gameplay) play a big part of the game as a whole. Since this game is taken place in asia (china to be specific, according to the world map), they should have swords with like those ones that we see in those chinese-movies that they put the sword into like ah "blade protector"... a thing that when you don't use your sword, you just fit your sword inside so only the handle will show but the blade area will be covered with the "blade protector" to protect its sharpness? that would be cool....

but just a suggestion.... these little things make ppl (at least me) happy. haha!
  • invinciblesuperman
    invinciblesuperman Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    haha i like the idea it looks so mutch cooler that way than holding it stupidly and thinking what to do with it b:pleased
  • Loxin - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Haha.. WoW has all these little things that really kept me into it but i quitted quite a long while ago since i couldn't take their cartoonish graphics anymore...

As for mmorpg, i mean these little things (besides actual gameplay) play a big part of the game as a whole. Since this game is taken place in asia (china to be specific, according to the world map), they should have swords with like those ones that we see in those chinese-movies that they put the sword into like ah "blade protector"... a thing that when you don't use your sword, you just fit your sword inside so only the handle will show but the blade area will be covered with the "blade protector" to protect its sharpness? that would be cool....

but just a suggestion.... these little things make ppl (at least me) happy. haha!
    I really do belive there is a formula to making the perfect MMORPG.
    on of the factors is to make the game as much a real life as possible, it improves the game play by making the player WANT to be their characters, for realism. Then there is the fantacy part to it, things that ARE NOT possible in real-life. the best reference would be to the fabled tales of the past, (the quest for the grail, dragons, mythical monsters).
    and I think one of the major Good or Bad factors is the actual game play, does the player have things to do? will they feel like their getting somewhere? can they REALLY make a difference and stand out?
    stuff like that.

I actualy have this awesome MMO idea that im working out, and I want to carry it with my thru college so that I can one day make it. so like im going to ITT tech to study game design and development.b:victory
  • hecker
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I really do belive there is a formula to making the perfect MMORPG.
    on of the factors is to make the game as much a real life as possible, it improves the game play by making the player WANT to be their characters, for realism. Then there is the fantacy part to it, things that ARE NOT possible in real-life. the best reference would be to the fabled tales of the past, (the quest for the grail, dragons, mythical monsters).
    and I think one of the major Good or Bad factors is the actual game play, does the player have things to do? will they feel like their getting somewhere? can they REALLY make a difference and stand out?
    stuff like that.

I actualy have this awesome MMO idea that im working out, and I want to carry it with my thru college so that I can one day make it. so like im going to ITT tech to study game design and development.b:victory

Exactly.... so little things do make a difference.... for example (people please correct me if i am wrong), like LOTR online, when you ride a mount, it's like a horse without the leash, without the horse mask, so in the reality perspective, how does your character control the mount without anything that you can pull with? In WoW, at least they have those things on the horse so it feels a little more realistic.... those mmorpg companies often forget about these minor stuffs but these little changes are so important to the non-grinders (people who really want to enjoy the game in a different way, besides leveling non-stop).

Haha.. and good luck on your project!
  • NastashaNeko - Heavens Tear
    NastashaNeko - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

I totally agree! ES and JD do it why not PWI??
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yes, I would love to see this implemented. I've thought about how everyones always got the weapons draw as well. Just a little addition that coule make everything a little bit better.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yeah its always little things like that, such as drawing swords. How about every time you are in a safe zone its on your back or in a scabbard and when you come out of the safe zone you draw your sword.
    With an axe/hammer you can have it on your back, same with bows. Im not sure about magic weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Iccyfoxx - Heavens Tear
    Iccyfoxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    A holster on your character's back, or a sheath on your side! Love the idea! Just doesn't work to well with magic weapons that aren't magic swords... I mean, come on. A staff that's as tall as my character on my back? Really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to ForsakenX for the sig.
    Killing with flair.
    "Suck my Magmite!"-xXFoxxyXx
  • Aquaja - Dreamweaver
    Aquaja - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i like the idea
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

That "sword protector" would be called a sheath. And sheathes happen to appear just about everywhere swords do. It's common sense, really. If a lot of people carry around big sharp metal sticks, eventually someone's gonna think, "let's put something over these edges so they don't cut someone to ribbons by accident".

But yes, sheathes would be a very good addition. Pole weapons can be propped over your shoulder while walking and set on the ground while you stand still. Quivers of arrows and ammo pouches for the archers, as well as having the bow slung across your back or slingshot in a holster. Handaxes carried on your back with the handles extending past your shoulders, and hammers in a harness on your waist. Wands held like a staff, and used as such when walking. The glaives slung across your back like the bows. Daggers attached to your belt. And, finally, artifacts. Hm. No clue about those, so anybody else have an idea?
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaos_mohawk - Sanctuary
    Chaos_mohawk - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    evn if just as soon as you enter a safezone it automatically hides the weapon like sheathing or back slinging etc except it just doesnt show it, then when you leave a safezone it automatically shows it again it would slow some lag doing this because in archo computers wont get slowed by having to bebicate to making the glow on leg and tt weps etc