Truth about PWI.

Beldor - Harshlands
Beldor - Harshlands Posts: 70 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
"The reason why Perfect World was so popular in the beginning and grew so big it was cause people had to work and work together in game. It was a great community at first, not only was gameplay fun but the people who had the willing to work for their levels and gears made the game much funer, especially when it came to mass PVP and TW. Only since the anniversary packs has PW satisifaction gone way down [as you can understand of course it's become a Full Cash-Shop game now"

By thadrow,

I almost cried reading this, couldnt have said any better. Its so **** damn true QQ
Post edited by Beldor - Harshlands on

Comments

• Beldor - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    PWI, bring us a new server without any packs or anything related, so we can feel the real PW again b:cry
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    "The reason why Perfect World was so popular in the beginning and grew so big it was cause people had to work and work together in game. It was a great community at first, not only was gameplay fun but the people who had the willing to work for their levels and gears made the game much funer, especially when it came to mass PVP and TW. Only since the anniversary packs has PW satisifaction gone way down [as you can understand of course it's become a Full Cash-Shop game now"

By thadrow,

I almost cried reading this, couldnt have said any better. Its so **** damn true QQ

It was not any different before the anypacks.... does anyone remember the player with the level 20something +10 bow? I am sure he did not cash shop at all to get the bow to +10.....

What the anypacks did was give the casual cash shopper a chance at items that before, were reserved to large guilds and heavy cash shoppers. The packs, love or hate them, actualy even the playing field amoung all players.

So, yes, there was some complaining and some ragequits over the packs (and lots of those ragequit players came back from that other game... while other complained, but still play, and got the packs themselves), the casual player was pretty happy about them.

In the end, people adapt, and nicer gear is available to more people, which makes more people happy.

Regarding a new server without CS..... And you are offering to cover all the costs associated with the server/maintenance/bandwith/staff?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Beldor - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    It was not any different before the anypacks.... does anyone remember the player with the level 20something +10 bow? I am sure he did not cash shop at all to get the bow to +10.....

What the anypacks did was give the casual cash shopper a chance at items that before, were reserved to large guilds and heavy cash shoppers. The packs, love or hate them, actualy even the playing field amoung all players.

So, yes, there was some complaining and some ragequits over the packs (and lots of those ragequit players came back from that other game... while other complained, but still play, and got the packs themselves), the casual player was pretty happy about them.

In the end, people adapt, and nicer gear is available to more people, which makes more people happy.

Regarding a new server without CS..... And you are offering to cover all the costs associated with the server/maintenance/bandwith/staff?

". . . a new server without any packs or anything related . . ." Learn how to read, I didnt mention CS, but packs. Theres a difference. And Yea, I would say the same thing If I was op cs'er I wouldnt even bother.
    edited April 2010
    ". . . a new server without any packs or anything related . . ." Learn how to read, I didnt mention CS, but packs. Theres a difference. And Yea, I would say the same thing If I was heavy cs'er I wouldnt even bother.

Learn how to write. Your lack of explanations has nothing to do with my reading skills.

If you dont clarify your post, people will have to assume. Anything related to packs include tele stones, charms, shards, tokens, angels, etc, since all those can be obtained by the packs or by using tokens.

That would leave aerogears, mounts and fashions (and mats) as items in the CS that are not "related" to packs.

The big money makers are the consumables, since you have to keep buying them, I am sure it would not happen, unless somehow PW were to introduce a P2P server, with option CS for fashion/mounts/aerogear.

If you were talking about the packs alone (all the different types of packs), than you should have said without packs, and not include the part "or anything related"
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Beldor - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Learn how to write. Your lack of explanations has nothing to do with my reading skills.

If you dont clarify your post, people will have to assume. Anything related to packs include tele stones, charms, shards, tokens, angels, etc, since all those can be obtained by the packs or by using tokens.

That would leave aerogears, mounts and fashions (and mats) as items in the CS that are nore "related" to packs.

Since the big money makers are the consumables, since you have to keep buying them, I am sure it would not happen.

If you were talking about the packs alone (all the different types of packs), than you should have said without packs, and not include the part "or anything related"

Lol You do know what I meant when I mentioned "anything related", you're just being an ****. If you couldnt figure that out, well how about living your real life besides a pixel'd life so you could learn something usefull?
    And lol "Learn how to write" write? I would say type. perhaps you should be the one who needs to learn how to read / "write"

PS: Not answering anymore replies, not worth QQing about something they dont really care, just wasting time.
    edited April 2010
    Lol You do know what I meant when I mentioned "anything related", you're just being an ****. If you couldnt figure that out, well how about living your real life besides a pixel'd life so you could learn something usefull?

PS: Not answering anymore replies, not worth QQing about something they dont really care, just wasting time.

I think it is worth to explore it, but not as a QQ.

If there is enough demand for a CS-free P2P server, I am sure PW will figure out how to do it. Even a P2P server where the only items from CS would be fashions/mounts/aerogear would be very popular among some of the more hardcore PVPers.

There are other games that blend the concept of P2P and microtransactions in the same game, like that new MMO that boldly goes where nobody has gone before, if you catch the reference.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Q_Q
    enough with the Q's
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Jazmin, youre blind or trying bring excuse for yourself. I can say from my non CS perspective that everything is totally ***'d up. I got frost wand for 20M (obviously sign from packs) on lvl85, it cost me almost no effort. I've been in frost whole two times just to look wtf is that and die on first boss. IRC if you farm it you need 3 touch of 7 from end of TT2-2 (you have to be with someone to get past gate) that even with 2x is not cheap nor easy to farm and of course green weapon to decomp and some frost stuff. Same applies to lunar, nirvana, trophy mode capes, warsoul etc.

Sorry but if you are trying to say thats challenging and fun then I'm sory for you.
    edited April 2010
    Jazmin, youre blind or trying bring excuse for yourself. I can say from my non CS perspective that everything is totally ***'d up. I got frost wand for 20M (obviously sign from packs) on lvl85, it cost me almost no effort. I've been in frost whole two times just to look wtf is that and die on first boss. IRC if you farm it you need 3 touch of 7 from end of TT2-2 (you have to be with someone to get past gate) that even with 2x is not cheap nor easy to farm and of course green weapon to decomp and some frost stuff. Same applies to lunar, nirvana, trophy mode capes, warsoul etc.

Sorry but if you are trying to say thats challenging and fun then I'm sory for you.

I am sure those 20mil did not fall off the sky. You had to make a small effort to make 20million coins, right? specialy if you dont cash shop.

You cannot make frost weapons....... All the mats to make them have been remove from drops in the game. Green weapons/gear drop from the bosses, as well as gold ones. The drop rate is very low, similar to gold mats in TT or lower.

If at level 85 you have been to frost twice and got killed on the first boss, I am sure you are in no position to comment on how challanging it is to get the gear. There are several ways to get the gear from frost, including weapons.

Lunar gear can be made, the cost to make one, assuming you were to buy all the mats, is around 65-80mil. Which happens to be the same as people are selling the ones they get from packs. There are people that farm lunar, and the mats to make gear/weapons are available for purchase. If you rather farm your own gear, you can do that as well.

Same with TT gear, and nirvana. You can run the instances yourself, and get the mats, or you can buy them from someone else.

The only items that the packs have that threw the all "cost" thing out of wack are the high end shards.
    IF you were to make a diomand of the tiger by combining shards, it would cost you 16billion coins, and take almost 30 days of combining. You can buy one for around 5mil in HT. (obviously the "free" 10million coins are not a good thing either).

The gear prices you get from packs are not too far from the costs if you were to make the gear yourself (except of the FF gear, since it can no longer be made, you can only get it from drops).
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2010

That would leave aerogears, mounts and fashions (and mats) as items in the CS that are not "related" to packs.

The big money makers are the consumables, since you have to keep buying them, I am sure it would not happen, unless somehow PW were to introduce a P2P server, with option CS for fashion/mounts/aerogear.

i understood exactly what he was saying. sorry that you did not, but no reason to get angry over it. next time just read a bit slower and don't assume things that are not there.

i agree that packs made things much less fun. i am sure the people who actually worked to earn the gear that now can be cash shopped were a bit unhappy. think about working hard to earn something and then someone can swipe a card for what took you months.

imo the cash shopping player should have an advantage. but some things should remain that you have to actually work for. otherwise what is the point of playing? see who can swipe faster for more gold? at that point Vegas would have a better chance for a return on your money.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Are you sure Jazmin? I think Sensoid Emptiness is not any boss drop and I'm not sure but I think I've seen that you can craft curvades from other mats now, just curvades itself can't be dropped.

BTW: Why I'm not in position to talk? I'm frost noob that doesn't know how the instance looks like and I'm running around with frost wand that I shouldn't have. Am I mentally ill or there's really something wrong?

Another thing is about CV mats, tell me how much they would cost if there was no weps from packs then comment.

Oh, I forgot youre pr0 so you know better, I don't know how frost looks at all so I shouldn't say a word.
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    Varscona - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2010

uh no...

Anypacks gave cash shoppers a chance at items that they would have had to ****ing work for. it didn't even the playing fields at all because otherwise, everyone, cash shopper or not, would've had to farm for it or buy with coins, not open a pack and go WEEEEEE. moderate cash shoppers dont win big, they may buy like 20 packs at a time and get all tokens, it's those that buy like 500 at a time that get ridiculous amounts of gear. the playing field is obviously not even from the gear discrepancy amongst players

heavenrage boots - farm OVS
    helms of holy punishment - farm OUF
    lunar wing trophy, regular wing trophy - run trophy mode in their respective dungeons frost wep - run frost
    lunar weapons and orns - run lunar, then run TT
    cube necklace, warsong belt - hmm i wonder
    warsoul helm - tournament
    uncanny crystals - farm nirvana

lets see...what else have they released...o yeah

orange mats from TT3-3, ancient devil's soul from TT2-3, souledges from TT99 greens,
    rep, chips, and of course, straight up millions of coins injected into the game
    lol wtf...
  • Buffs_R_Us - Lost City
    Buffs_R_Us - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Seriously...you are an idiot. Even a 5 year old could have understood what was being said. NVM I forgot you are one of those know-it-alls so no point explaining anything to someone as mentally challenged as yourself.

On a side note it will never happen. PWI only cares about how much cash they can bleed out of its players. Customer service is horrible. Bug fixing is non-existent. Hell they even keep on changing their pay to win packs to lower the odds of getting a decent item so that people have to spend even more money.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    cube necklace, warsong belt - hmm i wonder

For Vain necky iirc you need 30 cogs that you get from successful 51-60 cube and few warsoul mats.
  • Buffs_R_Us - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    For Vain necky iirc you need 30 cogs that you get from successful 51-60 cube and few warsoul mats.

Wow you are not very intelligent either. The point was that cube neck and warsong belt explain where they come from in their names. They were not asking where they came from.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Wow you are not very intelligent either. The point was that cube neck and warsong belt explain where they come from in their names. They were not asking where they came from.

Stop using drugs please.
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    Varscona - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i remember 1 person in LC being the first to get cube necky long before packs came around. it was posted in general discussions and it was something cool

now you see it on people who haven't even run cube.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I remember some people getting the cube necklace too on HT, Duke shouted too. lol

In old PWi, we zhenned our lvls. Oracle noobs probably wont even recognized the following zhen terms used in World Chat

-NS
    -Seasprays
    -Fishing
    -Rockens
    -Spiders

PWi has changed for the worst. I rarely charge zen, its nice, but ehhhh got other things to pay for like education, bills, textbooks, other blah stuff. lol

It just sucks seeing other barbs with higher HP, better gears, refines and such who only played this game for like......3 months.

If you want to be the best, you must charge zen, or be a patient, lucky, good merchant. lol

Back then, the average player could be someone, now its the one who has the most money.

Must be nice I gotta say. lol But its whatever, I eventually will have good gears with high refines.b:victory

Also, seeing lots of people with Nirvana gears too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Buffs_R_Us - Lost City
    edited April 2010

Also, seeing lots of people with Nirvana gears too.

and a lot of them have never even set foot in nirvana.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's a free game... ofcourse they gona milk ppl for all they can... what u think they can support themselves on? PWI is a business... I'm sure the packs are quite profitable to them... Even though according to some it's killing the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    --*Server then*
    *Server now*
    Old school people
    New kids

Life before any lvl enhancing items (bar exp scroll) was good, only the players from then will remember it, the new kids don't have a clue what we mean by how it was then, its totally over their head

this game was ruined long ago and there have already been several posts on it, at the end of the day, nobody cares because all or most of the old school people have left so <2009 server time is an urban myth.

long live old school PWI
  • Q__o - Harshlands
    Q__o - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Stop using drugs please.

fail :P

10char
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Closing this thread due to flaming. If discussion about this topic is to be continued, please do so without resorting to personal attacks.
This discussion has been closed.