need help lvl 80 quest The arch evil

Icingdeath - Dreamweaver
Icingdeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Im lvl 84 and missed this quest is it a chain? i've done one quest in cave of glee but dont know the name was in a squad that leader got fire orb. I'm told I can't get any more culti quests untill i finish this quest. Is my Char dead ended now?
Post edited by Icingdeath - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Im lvl 84 and missed this quest is it a chain? i've done one quest in cave of glee but dont know the name was in a squad that leader got fire orb. I'm told I can't get any more culti quests untill i finish this quest. Is my Char dead ended now?

You mean the Ultimate Fire Orb? I think I saw those sold in West Arch once, but that was ages ago. Anyway, I suggest you search the forum for the Ence's quest guide.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Tayrin - Lost City
    Tayrin - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    There is a level ~5x(?) quest that has two possible outcomes. If you choose one, you get a bunch of SP and NO arch evil quest at ~8x, if you choose the other option, you get a small exp reward & the ~8x arch evil quest.
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I believe it is the end of a chain, the one that started at 50ish. I know of a couple of people who have leveled above it, and one of them is almost level 100 already. It's not essential to the game, whatever it is.
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    There is a level ~5x(?) quest that has two possible outcomes. If you choose one, you get a bunch of SP and NO arch evil quest at ~8x, if you choose the other option, you get a small exp reward & the ~8x arch evil quest.

How it works is that if you chose one, you get the water orb, and if you chose the other, you get the fire orb. I THINK it's exp = fire orb, rep = water orb, but I could be wrong.

That's how I remember the whole thing. Might be wrong, and I was gonna test it, but I completely forgot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    How it works is that if you chose one, you get the water orb, and if you chose the other, you get the fire orb. I THINK it's exp = fire orb, rep = water orb, but I could be wrong.

That's how I remember the whole thing. Might be wrong, and I was gonna test it, but I completely forgot.

Correct.

The procedure is as follows:
    1. Squad with someone who completed the opposite side of that quest chain.
    2. Take the first portion of the quests, where it asks you to kill "X" Transience (Onyx/Alabaster). Your partner will have the opposite Transience.
    3. Kill both, each of you should receive an orb. When both bosses are dead, trade, and give each other the opposite orb.
    *DO NOT turn in the quest yet!
    4. Wait for the respawn, if needed, and kill both Transience bosses again. Now each of you should have a pair of orbs - the one you receive from the kill, and the one of opposite type you traded.

Proceed back to NPC and turn in quests.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Correct.

The procedure is as follows:
    1. Squad with someone who completed the opposite side of that quest chain.
    2. Take the first portion of the quests, where it asks you to kill "X" Transience (Onyx/Alabaster). Your partner will have the opposite Transience.
    3. Kill both, each of you should receive an orb. When both bosses are dead, trade, and give each other the opposite orb.
    *DO NOT turn in the quest yet!
    4. Wait for the respawn, if needed, and kill both Transience bosses again. Now each of you should have a pair of orbs - the one you receive from the kill, and the one of opposite type you traded.

Proceed back to NPC and turn in quests.

Explaining this is a pain in the ****. A MAJOR one. No one ever gets it and the squad ends up arguing more than killing bosses ._.;. I never finished it on this server, and that was after trying to explain it by replacing the orbs and by muffins and bananas... ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Not quite accurate.

While which tower you chose does determine if they'll send you on fire or water orb quest 1st in the 80 quest, it has nothing to do with the spirit or rep choice. In the 5x quest, you pick one of the two towers, from there you chose whether to release/seal a demon, or simply to ignore it & head back to the elder. If you ignore it & head to the elder you get 30 rep & you can get the 80 Arch Evil quest. If you pursue the demon & seal it, you get a bunch of spirit but never get the 80 Arch Evil quest at all.

However, it has nothing to do with sage/demon culti, so if you could not pick up the quest it should have no impact on your later gaming.
  • Icingdeath - Dreamweaver
    Icingdeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ty that explains alot
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ok, so I got the first quest to go and kill onyx t., after killing him, I got the fire orb (looks like I'm one of the few on the forums that got fire instead of water). Now I need to get the water one. Should I have no issues with getting it? Just kill alabaster and i will get it? Or do I have to use some weird voodoo technique here? Also, is the orb a 100% drop? What does it depend on?b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    ok, so I got the first quest to go and kill onyx t., after killing him, I got the fire orb (looks like I'm one of the few on the forums that got fire instead of water). Now I need to get the water one. Should I have no issues with getting it? Just kill alabaster and i will get it? Or do I have to use some weird voodoo technique here? Also, is the orb a 100% drop? What does it depend on?b:thanks

Um, you might have kinda screwed yourself, at least for that quest. Long time bug has been that the 2nd quest in the progression will not drop any orb. The way people have done this quest is to have fire orb & water orb 1st questers in the same party. after they get the drops, they trade, and then get the drops again. That way they leave with both orbs, ready to hand in the 1st & then 2nd quest right after.

You unfortunately have left yourself without a bargaining chip (the ability to trade a fire orb to get a water orb). Now that your fire orb quest has been handed in, that one will no longer drop for you. The only way for you to get a water orb, is from someone on the water orb 1st quest to give it to you, depending on their kindness to go fight it again but you have nothing to offer.

Remember that the orb only drops on the 1st quest, not the 2nd. Also remember that it only drops if they dont have one themself already. So for someone to give it to you, they'd have to give it up before they go fight the boss again, so they can then get another for themself.

Or you can try to find someone selling it but those are usually over priced absurdly.

Sorry to break the bad news. b:sad
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Not quite accurate.

While which tower you chose does determine if they'll send you on fire or water orb quest 1st in the 80 quest, it has nothing to do with the spirit or rep choice. In the 5x quest, you pick one of the two towers, from there you chose whether to release/seal a demon, or simply to ignore it & head back to the elder. If you ignore it & head to the elder you get 30 rep & you can get the 80 Arch Evil quest. If you pursue the demon & seal it, you get a bunch of spirit but never get the 80 Arch Evil quest at all.

However, it has nothing to do with sage/demon culti, so if you could not pick up the quest it should have no impact on your later gaming.

I'm kinda confused with the statements in the paragraph....
    1. "which tower you chose does determine if they'll send you on fire or water orb quest 1st in the 80 quest"

2. "If you pursue the demon & seal it, you get a bunch of spirit but never get the 80 Arch Evil quest at all"
    (Isn't the Arch Evil Quest about getting either the fire or water orb?)

Believe me, I've done the tower quest....choose to seal the demon, and I still do have the Arch Evil quest -don't think I will ever turn that quest in as you can profit from this quest easily :D
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010

If you got a fire orb, you will NOT get a water orb from drop.
    Ever.

What you need to do is find a player who does get a water orb from drop. trade them your fire orb for the water, and kill both bosses again. You'll get another fire, they'll get another water, and then (only then) will you have the complete set.
    Then turn in the first stage of the quest [and] the second stage (where he requests both orbs) at once.

IF YOU TURN IN THE FIRST PART OF THE QUEST, WITH ONLY ONE ORB IN YOUR INVENTORY, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANOTHER ORB FROM DROP.

This is why it's critical you do not turn in any portion of the quest until you have both orbs.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    To eliminate further confusion here's what Kephras is refering to :D

1st part: "Arch Evil" http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/2717 (you get the water orb if it requires you to kill Alabaster Transience instead)
    2nd part: "Fire and Water" http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/2721

To sum it up, you need 2 orbs.
    edited April 2010
    To eliminate further confusion here's what Kephras is refering to :D

1st part: "Arch Evil" http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/2717 (you get the water orb if it requires you to kill Alabaster Transience instead)
    2nd part: "Fire and Water" http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/2721

To sum it up, you need 2 orbs.

Only need 2 orbs. Even tho you need the 1st orb in your possesion to complete the 1st quest, he either doesnt take it from you, or he gives it back on recieving the 2nd quest (not sure which), but you only need to get the other orb for the 2nd quest.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    I think Neo means you need one to trade with. To exchange said orb with your partner.
    1. First orb drop (Trade this one)
    2. Orb you receive from trading
    3. Second orb drop

Though it's true you do only need two for the quest.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    right...just 1 of each type = 2 ^^

Someone should really create a thread on the full quest chain from level 50-80 containing all the quests for this. I often see people posting threads on this quest topic or is there already one but people just don't know about?
    edited April 2010
    right...just 1 of each type = 2 ^^

1 of each type.

But you can only get 1 type and even then only during the 1st quest;

So you need 2 of the 1 type you can get, and trade one of those for the other type that you cant ever acquire naturally, to end up with 1 of each.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You unfortunately have left yourself without a bargaining chip (the ability to trade a fire orb to get a water orb). Now that your fire orb quest has been handed in, that one will no longer drop for you. The only way for you to get a water orb, is from someone on the water orb 1st quest to give it to you, depending on their kindness to go fight it again but you have nothing to offer.

Remember that the orb only drops on the 1st quest, not the 2nd. Also remember that it only drops if they dont have one themself already. So for someone to give it to you, they'd have to give it up before they go fight the boss again, so they can then get another for themself.

Hmmm... The arch evil quest told me to get the fire orb, I did, I turned the quest in, I now have a quest for BOTH orbs, having the FIRE orb in my INVENTORY. I was reading on some tactics about puting it in bank and going to get the 2nd one and then trade and both people are happy. That kinda would make sense. (This refers to the top quoted paragraph, I think you misread what I worte.)

As for the 2nd paragraph, it does not drop from the 2nd questb:shockedREALLY?

Any further confirmation of me **** myself over LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hmmm... The arch evil quest told me to get the fire orb, I did, I turned the quest in, I now have a quest for BOTH orbs, having the FIRE orb in my INVENTORY. I was reading on some tactics about puting it in bank and going to get the 2nd one and then trade and both people are happy. That kinda would make sense. (This refers to the top quoted paragraph, I think you misread what I worte.)

You have screwed yourself over.
    (I think)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited April 2010

You can only get the Fire orb as a drop WHILE you're still on the 1st quest. Now that you've turned in the 1st quest, even if your fire orb is in the bank or someone else's possession, it still will NO LONGER drop for you. Thats why i said you have a problem. You need to get a 2nd fire orb & trade for water orb WHILE STILL on the 1st quest & can actually get fire orbs to drop for you.