Windows 7 64bit RAM: 0 Game Settings

Options
MeXyCaN - Archosaur
MeXyCaN - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Support Desk
Is there plans for PWI to fix running the game in 64 bit so it utilizes all my 8GB of ram instead of "Zero"? I have windows 7 64 bit and I was forced to run PWI outside the x86 progams folder or outside the 64bit programs folder. Re-installed my game in the C: drive and am currently running it in xp mod just to utilze 1024 RAM.

This was the only way i can run the game with improvements in reducing lag.

Example: if you open your launcher and click on "Game Settings", the 3rd line down states "RAM:". If you running the game in windows 7 mode, the RAM: indicates "0". When in TW, i get about 5 frames per sec.

After reinstalling in the C: and running in XP mode along with admin, if you go to "Game Settings" again, you will notice the RAM: stating 1024 MB instead of "0" when running in windows 7. I'm getting less lag but still about 15-20 frames.

How can I get this number to include all 8GB memory?

Has anyone noticed this or is having the same issues as myself? Has anyone found a solution?

This has nothing to do with drivers as all my MB, windows, and vid drivers are up to date as well as bios. I didnt post any of my setting as I feel this is a PWI issue running on windows 7 64-bit.
!!!!MeXy FeVeR!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by MeXyCaN - Archosaur on

Comments

• J_Brightstar - Sanctuary
    J_Brightstar - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I recently bought a new hard drive and installed Windows 7, 64 bit. I downloaded PWI, and I've had no problems. As a matter of fact, lag in West Arch is pretty much gone. My RAM also shows as 0, but I'm not going to worry about it since the game is running much better than before (except the crash bug I've had since I started playing that i'm looking for a thread on). It may be that the game just doesn't recognize the amount of RAM, not that it isn't using it.
  • Glowfish - Lost City
    Glowfish - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i'm running a 64-bit Vista O/S on a laptop with 8Gb RAM and am not having any troubles at all. I find any lag is generally related to my internet connection or graphics settings, not my RAM.

By default the game doesn't even install to the x86 Program Files folder, it installs to C:\Perfect World Entertainment or something like that...so maybe that was the first problem?
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Odd issue. I have PW installed under the Program Files x86 (the folder doesn't affect the way its gonna run lol) on Windows 7 64bit and it displays my RAM correctly. Try running in Admin mode, it might not have full access to system info on your current account.

th_ScreenShot199.png

Not sure why you have 8GB on a non-server machine... check PWI in the Task Manager, it should just allocate RAM normally. Lag in TW is related to the graphics card, not the RAM. My RAM usage barely goes up in TW, but my graphics card fan starts spinning like a ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
This discussion has been closed.