Adults Please?

Comments

• Perikita - Raging Tide
    Perikita - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for this thread - I used to think I might be the oldest player in the game. I am 54 and I really enjoy good company, no matter what's the real age. Is there anyone older than me on Raging Tide? If not, I claim the title "Raging Tide Grandpa"... :)
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for this thread - I used to think I might be the oldest player in the game. I am 54 and I really enjoy good company, no matter what's the real age. Is there anyone older than me on Raging Tide? If not, I claim the title "Raging Tide Grandpa"... :)

Dreamweaver grandma? my friends nan is 70 b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Is there anyone in heavens tears that isnt horny, a ****, or noob that would like to hang out? b:laugh

ummm... im on HT, im an adult, usually i behave mature, most of my guild are adults too (oldest i know of about 60), but im not sure we meet 'not horny' requirement... we tease each other a lot and can be pretty lewd sometimes b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ummm... im on HT, im an adult

lies b:sad

adults on HT is an ancient myth used to scare away the kids from stealing their parents credit cards D:
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lies b:sad

adults on HT is an ancient myth used to scare away the kids from stealing their parents credit cards D:

b:laugh
    does that mean im a kid or ancient? as a woman id prefer the 1st, on the other hand dont want to write off some adult activities... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Random_ - Dreamweaver
    Random_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Generally, the maturity of players increases with level, (for a variety of reasons, I guess. I just seem to find more mature players the higher level I get).

At lower levels, you could have 'troll' alts, or people just bothering the newbs (I once ran into a barb from Bushido, which is an 18+ higher level faction, who was following people around Etherblade and generally being annoying-- with no armor or weapons on). You also have people that just joined the game... and the ones that can't get along with squads will quit by BH time.

I didn't meet a really mature 'friend' in PWi until I was 4x on my main (a veno), and 2x on my BM-- last year. She's 16, and has a sister that plays that is 12-- and I swear, you would not guess that the sister is that young. Ever.

Getting a faction definitely helps, though, I second whoever mentioned faction-hopping. It's really unlikely you're going to find the perfect faction the first one you join. That, or you can just hold off from factions (but random squads for BH, not having a faction to help you, etc means you're gonna run into the immature players a lot more).

As for people being immature and inappropriate-- you have blacklist for a reason. If someone starts being a repeat offender, block them.

That said, immature people will always be in the game.

-14 years old.
    Lvl7xBM||Lvl6xHAWizzie||Lvl6xVeno||Lvl6x'sin||Lvl5xCleric
    LA Fox-Veno, Psy, Pure Wizzie, LA Wizzie, HA 'sin, and Barb in the works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Playin' since April of '09
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    38yrs old... but who's counting :)

I must admit... I do appreciate playing with those who have some life experience, it always adds another dimension. Nevertheless... playing with anyone who plays well is fine with me :)
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:laugh
    does that mean im a kid or ancient? as a woman id prefer the 1st, on the other hand dont want to write off some adult activities... b:cute

well aged and matured like fine wines, something that is a sort of delicacy; and savored for special occasions ;P

so i wouldn't write you off as ancient =<
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Generally, the maturity of players increases with level, (for a variety of reasons, I guess. I just seem to find more mature players the higher level I get).

At lower levels, you could have 'troll' alts, or people just bothering the newbs (I once ran into a barb from Bushido, which is an 18+ higher level faction, who was following people around Etherblade and generally being annoying-- with no armor or weapons on). You also have people that just joined the game... and the ones that can't get along with squads will quit by BH time.

Similar exp. I had rerolled elven alts with a buncha guildies, and this cleric had fun trying to KS us and trying to duel with us, with elven starter armor and weap. I might have believed him... if I hadn't helped him out the day before, on my main, on some oracle boss people end up getting from some 50's or 60's quest.

I said that in local chat, and he just poofed on the spot. There was a huge grin on my face after...

Also had a 50+ something BM doing this while I was on my barb. I had interviewed him for my faction a few days prior to this happening, and he wasn't fit to join.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
    Genghis_Khan - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i am 19 years old.. an adult!
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    nope, you may be the oldest on your server, but not the game. my husband is 55, and im rolling over the hill to 50 next month! we may have the biggest actual family ingame, though, with 2 of our 4 kids regular players. its a lot of fun when we all get together, grab a couple of folks from the guild and do intstances, BHs and things

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The irony of this is a lot of the younger people I've played with have been more mature than a lot of older players. I't snot age, it's maturity.

Also, FoxRunning, this is a weird complaint, but why do you always quote text after your response to said text? It weirds me out for some reason. b:surrender
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If age is a concern go back to eHarmony. With games, maturity, quality of person/character, grammatical skills are what I care about. And quite frankly 12~17 pull that off at a hell of a lot higher average than 18+. Then again people lie about their age too, for whatever reasons. I've had someone say they were 22 then later confess they were actually 12 when they found out I didn't care about chronological status. They lied simply because they didn't want to be rejected for how old they were.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    20 and going to be 21 this thursday b:surrender Sorry can only be as mature as the ppl around me ehm... who isn't horney at all these days? -cough- b:scorn
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • SpiritReaver - Raging Tide
    SpiritReaver - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Age can have very little to do with maturity. Im 17 and very mature, some people may be years older than me and be reckless and imature. Just letting you know that every person is different, do not judge someone by age, it can be very inacurate.
  • _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I am 33 years old (=
    and i have been playing games online since Phantasy Star Online on my Sega Dreamcast with a slow **** 56K modem b:laugh think that was like 10 years ago
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -
  • OpalAthame - Dreamweaver
    OpalAthame - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've met a ton of 30+ people here, some that were 40+ 50+ even 60+. And my friend had met a 70something year old man that plays aswell(Whos quite the personality). There is also a faction on my server that has only 30+ people in it I think. Though I see that as a attempt to weed out immature players, its useless. I've met men that were around 30 years old that acted like my teenage brother, one of them got stupid enough to randomly boot people from our faction one day and leave without warning, then procceded to hop from about 10 different factions that week. I know very well that adults can be immature as well, but unfortunately I haven't met a mature teen yet, would like to though so I can be sure I'm not the only one.

Would also like to thank you guys for sticking up for the younger people! b:victory
    I really appriciate it =]
  • A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear
    A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My age is 45

I can, at times be very immature if things don't go my way.
    My language is fare from clean.
    I like to flirt but it's only fun.
    I never ever cyber with anyone and I do not PM strangers that I'm a horny guy looking for fresh meat.

What does mature really mean in your world? Am I mature?
  • FailMuch - Harshlands
    FailMuch - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've just turned 20 & there are 16yr olds playing this game more mature then me, i just don't see the point in "acting" mature just coz ur older then a set amount of ppl b:victory
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Eh I've seen the best and worst of both. A few of the most mature people I know are low teens and high 40s/50s. A few of the most immature people I know are spoiled prepubescent low teens and overly sensitive drama queen netnanny 40s/50s. Generalizing is okay I guess when you run into this far more often than not, but there is no real consistency concerning age.

I'm also 27.
  • pooritan
    pooritan Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i remember that someone said something funny about this topic

25% of the players are children
    25% are adults
    the rest 50% are childish adults

like in real life or everywhere you go it matters who you like or come along with
    sometimes age does matter, sometimes not
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    um my second day yes.... not my first time in PW... i havnt been here in over a year... i know what kinds of players are here... thats why i was asking where all the mature people are at? maybe i worded my original post wrong... i often do that and people get all pissed off... that wasnt my intentions...

let me ask this again and reword it...

Is there anyone in heavens tears that isnt horny, a ****, or noob that would like to hang out? b:laugh[/QUOTE

sure..I'm 19...gettin married soon
    and I'm on my cleric instead of Psy
    jut pm LaCuraciona in-game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
  • XTigermanxx - Heavens Tear
    XTigermanxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The WC is a sterling example of immaturity - for example, squishy cookies ;3 the term "smexy" that kind of thing... Also many people date other players that they do not know in real life, probably don't even know their real name, yet say they love them like everything and say they are "beautiful" or "hot", but don't even know the person's real appearance. It is rather sad and people need to get laid more often.

...To say in complete honesty, I am 12. However, I am not amused by dirty talk immaturity, rudeness, or cyber dating/sex. The furthest i wish to make in this game in a "relationship", is just to be friends or quest/grind partners. I'm not going to ask to charge up a pixely loading ramp... It's disgusting, and the roleplay sex is performed by fat kids who can't control puberty, and/or are smart enough to realise they are not going to get laid in this life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I have a message to all who stand in my way: pray.

Indomitus Barbarus: Latin for Untamed Barbarian
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The WC is a sterling example of immaturity - for example, squishy cookies ;3 the term "smexy" that kind of thing... Also many people date other players that they do not know in real life, probably don't even know their real name, yet say they love them like everything and say they are "beautiful" or "hot", but don't even know the person's real appearance. It is rather sad and people need to get laid more often.
    No way, it's Dr. Phail -- if he browsed internet forums and had a lot more hair. b:bye
    edited April 2010
    If there is anything I need to say to people who try to "fawk", "***" "smex" or any of the sort to animated characters controled by fat americans, it is this:

Blow my feline pixely fantasized @%$#.... Or, alternatively, get f**ked. And I mean in real life, not in a chat room roleplaying.

• Cufaen - Sanctuary
    Cufaen - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You're ALL kids. I'm 56!
    "Lead me, follow me but get out of my way!"
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No way, it's Dr. Phail -- if he browsed internet forums and had a lot more hair. b:bye

I think that's his son actually. Lmfao... b:laugh

Wow. A 12 year old typing like this. I'm impressed. O_O

But c'mon, you're taking it WAAAY too seriously. I mean like... some are really true people. It's not always the case, that people are lying about their names, age, sex...etc. Some people lie and some other don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Is there any actual mature adults that play this game? Everyone i meet is a teen and im 34...

Geez, youngsters everywhere :-)
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
    edited April 2010
    Geez, youngsters everywhere :-)
    That doesn't stop the fact that there are still people like that... I've seen people lie about their virginity to get online dates. The definition of sad in the dictionary should state:

Sad (tristis): Players using asterisks to roleplay sexuality. Often caused due to obesity.

• Glowfish - Lost City
    Glowfish - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i have the same problem. 29. most people i run into are half my age.

makes looking for a husband kind of awkward right? lol

anyway, i find most people that cash shop are at least 18+

any adults on Lost City say hi if you see me around ^_^ b:bye