Post-event crapulence

FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Now that the drop/xp event is over, how do you deal with it? What do you do to make xp/cash now?
I'm trying to clear my questlog right now, maybe doing some grinding later on, still on a mission to save up for a Herc.
Post edited by FoxyCleo - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ////III - Harshlands12
    ////III - Harshlands12 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    dont forget trolling on forum, cuz thats what ur doing now :P

k all jokes aside, dont forget that what we now have is normalcy, 2x was a gift. The problem with human beings is that anything that they are used to, they take it for granted. For example, if man never learns about ice cream, they'd be perfectly content with drinking ice water on a hot day. To deal with that, learn the fact that extranalities are...just what they are - extras. Be happy with whats there, and life will be a little brighter :P
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Now that the drop/xp event is over, how do you deal with it? What do you do to make xp/cash now?

It's nice to have a break from all the Nirvana and 3-3 runs... for the first week I was doing nirvana 4-6 times a day only to be replaced midway with doing 3-3 4-6 times a day.

Now I'm just sitting at my spot in south arch enjoying not being pulled into an instance to help farm... and I still have yet to be paid on several gold mats, so that'll be nice when that comes in. :)
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    there will be no change in my farming habits b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    there will be no change in my farming habits b:victory

After a nice break, I'll go back and start doing Nirvana and 3-3 again... I did so many in the last 3 weeks a few days off is welcome. :)
  • Bellatriix - Archosaur
    Bellatriix - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hyper-EXP grind. b:cute

Though, I do very much so miss mobs dropping me like 3 DQs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I got a ss of acu and bella spawning.."
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    After a nice break, I'll go back and start doing Nirvana and 3-3 again... I did so many in the last 3 weeks a few days off is welcome. :)

b:surrender there is a specific goal in mind that is not a time frame. the exp/drop event was just a bonus to that goal b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I wasn't really farming during 2x to begin with. So I'm simply continuing to sell my Cube items and do dailies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    b:surrender there is a specific goal in mind that is not a time frame. the exp/drop event was just a bonus to that goal b:cute

Sure, and I agree... however all the calls for instances has pretty much died down and I don't feel the rush to make sure they're done... lol That doesn't mean I won't enjoy doing them still, the 2x was just a nice bonus. :)
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Well I sat on Nightscream Island all the time for 6 levels, grinded away and only left for BHs or to help out guildies :) Now I can't see Pirates anymore :p Or Oblivion Soup, for that matter.
    Money slowed down alot tho, questing is not really effective :/
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's nice to have a break from all the Nirvana and 3-3 runs... for the first week I was doing nirvana 4-6 times a day only to be replaced midway with doing 3-3 4-6 times a day.

Now I'm just sitting at my spot in south arch enjoying not being pulled into an instance to help farm... and I still have yet to be paid on several gold mats, so that'll be nice when that comes in. :)

During the 1st* x2 event I was farming all day. Got my 99s & saved a bunch to afford sort of decent refines

During this latest one... Um I think I done maybe like one full3-3 cause it was part of bh. Then a few cardboss runs here & there... Kept getting a lot of nirvana calls but meh ._. maybe did take it for granted, perhaps got tired of all the farming by now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i cant be bothered to grind ever again!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    I grind alot actually, for cash. Double drop helped a ton. Feels like they not just halved the droprate now.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Same thing I was doing before x2 drops, TT2-3 followed by Hypered FC, although I'll probably do AE less often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:chuckle If I was still playing the game... I wouldn't notice the difference. I've decided to stop leveling in-game and focus on real life b:laugh

But if I had to make money without the event, I'd just have to say... I'm always broke so it doesn't matter. I could sell my fashion but I love it too much >__<

I'd just quest probably.
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • EIodi - Sanctuary
    EIodi - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i cant be bothered to grind ever again!

This. xD
    Lv 5x Psychic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AKA Adeacia - Shura (Jade Dynasty)
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oh noes! How ever will you guys "deal with" regular drop rate and exp.

I love how the constant babying by pw has made players completely dependent. Tokens are now an essential part of your economy. Dailies are essential for leveling. If you want to join a land owning faction, it's essential you crack open some hypers and camp FCC. If you wanna own in pk, it's essential you find event gears and refine them high.

I'd love to see how 95% of you guys would manage if one day PWI suddenly announced "ok guys, we have enough profit.... so we're scrapping... anni-packs, hyper exp, tokens, 2x events, bounty hunter, public quests, nirvana, coin boxes, and boutique-oracle-sales 4eva...oh and we nerfed the exp in frost for mats again!" b:chuckle
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    oh Noes! How Ever Will You Guys "deal With" Regular Drop Rate And Exp.

I Love How The Constant Babying By Pw Has Made Players Completely Dependent. Tokens Are Now An essential Part Of Your Economy. Dailies Are Essential For Leveling. If You Want To Join A Land Owning Faction, It's Essential You Crack Open Some Hypers And Camp Fcc. If You Wanna Own In Pk, It's Essential You Find Event Gears And Refine Them High.

I'd Love To See How 95% Of You Guys Would Manage If One Day Pwi Suddenly Announced "ok Guys, We Have Enough Profit.... So We're Scrapping... Anni-packs, Hyper Exp, Tokens, 2x Events, Bounty Hunter, Public Quests, Nirvana, Coin Boxes, And Boutique-oracle-sales 4eva...oh And We Nerfed The Exp In Frost For Mats Again!" B:chuckle

Qq?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    stacking up my quests for fb51 and then getting a fash set :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    .............2x drop rate is over?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks