Best character combination

wildfalcon
wildfalcon Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
A friend and I have just started playing, we've yet to make our characters, so I'm wondering if anyone could tell me some good starting combinations for two characters? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

~Falcon~
Post edited by wildfalcon on

Comments

• *chitose* - Heavens Tear
    *chitose* - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Definitely one offensive and one defensive. If it's me, I recommend a BM and a Cleric. BM can be used as tanks (not as good as barbarian though) but with high damage (waaay better than a barbarian), so they can shield the Cleric. And the Cleric can heal the BM, making the BM sooo strong. (trust me, you can kill small boss mobs just with a BM and a Cleric)

BUT. You will only meet each other for doing quests together after level 20+ since at level 19- you will only get quests for your respective levels. Still worth it. ^^ You have more 100+ lvl to live with after that. ^^ Anyway, you can always fly or teleport to your friend's place to help.
  • Sherekahn - Lost City
    Sherekahn - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    barbarian + wizard

barbarians HATE wizards!!!! except when they're on the same side :3
  • dboy288
    dboy288 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    How about the best character for pvp and all around killing stuff ?
  • Vexille - Harshlands
    Vexille - Harshlands Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    dboy288 wrote: »
    How about the best character for pvp and all around killing stuff ?

Every char can be the best in PVP if u know how to control it...

For leveling and stuff i recommend BM + Cleric combination too...
  • dboy288
    dboy288 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Every char can be the best in PVP if u know how to control it...

For leveling and stuff i recommend BM + Cleric combination too...

I know this is probably a stupid question but I'm new... what's a bm ?? blademaster ? and what would a tideborn be ?
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    BM=blademaster, just as you expected

tideborn is a race, consisting of the classes psychic and assasin.

assassins are like alternate fist BM's with what seems like some better skills. unlike a fist BM - their damage is determined apparently by dex rather than str.

psychics seem to be a conglomeration of the other three caster classes - wizard, cleric, and veno. they have buffs, debuffs, and nukes. many skills appear to be PvP oriented on this class (ie, the charm/potion debuff).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear
    Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Barb and Cleric is also another good combination. They can take out bosses and mobs by themselves most of the time.
  • eduardjonh
    eduardjonh Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hi i am new to this game and i don't know what character is the best ? Can some one help me?
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    eduardjonh wrote: »
    Hi i am new to this game and i don't know what character is the best ? Can some one help me?

There is no 'best' class, down to your playstyle.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • eduardjonh
    edited April 2010
    I know is not a best character but what i am i am looking for is a good character for the beginning. I used to play other games like Silkroad... and i know the basics n i was looking for a BM.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I know is not a best character but what i am i am looking for is a good character for the beginning. I used to play other games like Silkroad... and i know the basics n i was looking for a BM.

Veno is easiest to start with to get used to the game mechanics and if you like to solo things a lot. Basically, you could look at a veno as a combination of each of the other classes' main purposes and benefits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • eduardjonh
    edited April 2010
    Veno is easiest to start with to get used to the game mechanics and if you like to solo things a lot. Basically, you could look at a veno as a combination of each of the other classes' main purposes and benefits.

I started with the BM to see how it is n after that. But anyway thnx for the advice.
  • I_Am_A_Man_ - Dreamweaver
    I_Am_A_Man_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I say that a Cleric is the best becuase they can heal and attack good.
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I say that a Cleric is the best becuase they can heal and attack good.

I luff my cleric, can always heal myself when I get in a bad spot b:chuckle
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
  • Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    survivability i like barb + cleric
    damage/fast grinding i love bm + veno

Honestly as others have stated, all classes have their pros & cons. Best is to play each of them and see which one you like the most b:pleased
  • jeffhardy544
    jeffhardy544 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ok all the character in perfect world are good all character are the same power
  • Capitolina - Lost City
    Capitolina - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    About the combination either cleric+barb or cleric+bm it depends on how fast you want to level (being the second choice the best for fast leveling) .
    Ok all the character in perfect world are good all character are the same power

It depends on each one's point of view.
    For example for me there's no better class to play than veno but that's because it's the best class for the way i play.
    Others might say cleric, barb, bm, etc...
    I recommend to every new player to take each class to level 19 and see which one suits them best.
  • Mr_Anderson - Lost City
    Mr_Anderson - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    based on the discussion so far, can i ask what would be the best compliment to a psychic?