Boutique item to change sage/demon?

ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear
ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
I've heard from someone that PWI plans to put something in boutique that allows us to change from sage to demon or vice versa?

Is this true?
Post edited by ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've heard from someone that PWI plans to put something in boutique that allows us to change from sage to demon or vice versa?

Is this true?

Yes.
    It is.
    We will also be able to switch characters to other servers.
    >_>
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This is old news.

The next expansion is focusing around the ability to change from Sage cultivation to Demon, and was probably put in place for any of our local fish who decided to choose their cultivation path before all their skills were included in the game.

Yes, it's true you'll be able to switch skills.

Whether it's a boutique item or not is debatable. I doubt they'd do a whole expansion just to include a boutique item. Common sense suggests it's probably a quest of some kind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear
    TeresaSyri - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This is old news.

The next expansion is focusing around the ability to change from Sage cultivation to Demon, and was probably put in place for any of our local fish who decided to choose their cultivation path before all their skills were included in the game.

Yes, it's true you'll be able to switch skills.

Whether it's a boutique item or not is debatable. I doubt they'd do a whole expansion just to include a boutique item. Common sense suggests it's probably a quest of some kind.

I hope that's true. There are a lot of skills I like included for demon clerics I'd really like to have. Dunno if it's enough for me to switch but... would be nice to have the option... without having to pay for it with an arm and a leg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear
    ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for they quick response. Any clue from GMs?
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for they quick response. Any clue from GMs?

When it comes to upcoming content, the GMs cannot say anything.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I hope that's true. There are a lot of skills I like included for demon clerics I'd really like to have. Dunno if it's enough for me to switch but... would be nice to have the option... without having to pay for it with an arm and a leg.

What you need to remember though is that, even if the switch ends up being free, you still end up having to pay an arm and a leg in order to relearn all your skills to Demon/Sage.

Either way, whether the switch is free or you do end up having to pay for it, it's a very costly option and a lot of people have already raged about the fact that this would reset your skills, probably without refunding the amount of spirit and coin you paid to learn Sage/Demon skills in the first place.

But, I do agree. Since one of the focal points of this expansion is the ability to switch it would undermine the whole thing to then just make it a $80 boutique item with no process behind it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    *raises eyebrow*

links please
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    can we have proof before pretending to be foremost experts on said topics?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • urbandetox
    urbandetox Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yea, can someone please post the source for this?

If this is true, it'd be my dream come true! I can finally get back to resetting my skills and enjoy the game again. THANK YOU PWI! b:thanks
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    urbandetox wrote: »
    Yea, can someone please post the source for this?

If this is true, it'd be my dream come true! I can finally get back to resetting my skills and enjoy the game again. THANK YOU PWI! b:thanks

Source is PW china's website.

They have just started a Beta for a new content update, and one of the pieces of information gleamed from the Googlenese translation is that it "might" become possible to change culti's.

I say "might" because we all know how bad Google translation is.

Note: If someone is playing the Beta or has translated the information properly then they might know more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Source is PW china's website.

They have just started a Beta for a new content update, and one of the pieces of information gleamed from the Googlenese translation is that it "might" become possible to change culti's.

I say "might" because we all know how bad Google translation is.

Note: If someone is playing the Beta or has translated the information properly then they might know more.

Someone in this forum said that it is for the beta testers, so that they can compare Sage and Demon for TBs. I really doubt the culti change is possible, but who I am to say. I mean, who could have guessed more races after the initial ones, since PWI only had three for the first four years.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver
    _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Prepare for a phantasmagoric panoply of magical powers!
    Your abilities will be mine!
  • ////III - Harshlands12
    ////III - Harshlands12 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    does it come with refunds for my 17 sage barb skills?
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ok, this is what I inferred from the chinese post:

Basically, it allows switching between demon and sage.

You will need to complete lvl100 cultivation. There is no limit to the number of times you wish to switch.

To perform a switch you will need to buy a boutique item (29 gold?) as well as 200 'stones' which can be acquired by buying another boutique item (2 gold?) that has a chance to get 10,20 or 50 'stones'.

All sage/demon skills will be resetted to lvl10, others will remain as they are.

I guess this is mostly aimed at tideborns.

^^ wat i posted from the other thread.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ^^ wat i posted from the other thread.

Did you go from the translation or the original Chinese? From the translation I see that higher level skills have a higher cost to convert and they get turned into a corresponding skill.

This suggests to me that they aren't reset to 10 but that converting all your skills will be expensive. Anyone who can actually read Chinese can confirm?
    http://event50.wanmei.com/w2i/201003/unbounded/zhuanhuan.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited April 2010
    Did you go from the translation or the original Chinese? From the translation I see that higher level skills have a higher cost to convert and they get turned into a corresponding skill.

This suggests to me that they aren't reset to 10 but that converting all your skills will be expensive. Anyone who can actually read Chinese can confirm?

hmm..I was looking at the original chinese post. There is only the cost incurred to switch between sage and demon. Those boutique items pictured do exactly that.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeah i read about the culti change pretty long ago before they started the beta tests. Didn't know it would cost gold tho, just said it included some sort of instance that had to be completed after lvl 100 culti.

However spending 35-40 gold and having to get all skills again is a pretty cheap price to pay if it means you can finally enjoy your character again. Sure as hell its cheaper than having to level up a new archer/barb/BM ect to 100+

If you like me for example is an archer that was dumb enough to go sage over 1 and a half year ago, this is a very good opportunity. I know many in my position that will change to demon and that also dont care about having to buy the skills all over again.

New patches and event/Nirvana gear, easily obtainable 89/92 skills made demon so much better for pretty much all classes in terms of pvp. Its so much easier to stack interval/channeling/crit for both casters and phy classes now, and if youre demon you already gets that from skills, so you can stack it even higher.

Sage will obviously always have a spot as a pretty cheap and useful pve-class, but most players want more than that once they hit 100+.

Really only sage wizards and venos that are somewhat balanced compared to demon in terms of dmg and pvp.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Someone in this forum said that it is for the beta testers, so that they can compare Sage and Demon for TBs. I really doubt the culti change is possible, but who I am to say. I mean, who could have guessed more races after the initial ones, since PWI only had three for the first four years.

That was me. What I said was that it could be just for the beta testers and that based on the information we had at that point (close to nothing), we really couldn't know for sure. Truth is, I have no idea whether it's just for the beta, permanent, will or won't make it to PWI, or if it never really happened at all except in a misinterpretation of a bad translation.
  • Bellatriix - Archosaur
    Bellatriix - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Do you keep your original Sage/Demon skills?

Cause, if so, lolgamebreak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I got a ss of acu and bella spawning.."
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    drjiggle wrote: »
    That was me. What I said was that it could be just for the beta testers and that based on the information we had at that point (close to nothing), we really couldn't know for sure. Truth is, I have no idea whether it's just for the beta, permanent, will or won't make it to PWI, or if it never really happened at all except in a misinterpretation of a bad translation.

I think it will eventually come PWI too. It might take a few months, but I think it will.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That would really be awesome to have that option.
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
    edited April 2010
    If that link from PW China is accurate, then it is almost a certainty that it will come to PWI. It is just a matter of time.
  • cronoslave
    cronoslave Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    According to that link you wont have to relearn the sage/demon skills you already have. Nice.
  • ////III - Harshlands12
    ////III - Harshlands12 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    so whats there to stop ppl from learning chea **** skills like sage archer quick shot and go demon and instantly save 20 mil?
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    After switching, all demon/sage skills learned will be reverted back to lvl 10. Any skills less than lvl 10 will stay the same level after conversion. It Chinese PW, it costs 29 boutique gold and 200 mirages for the switch. Looks like they're also selling a mirage box that contains 10, 20, or 50 mirages in the Chinese version.

技能转换说明:仙魔转换后,除部分技能会被自动转换为对应的修真技能外,其他所有仙(魔)技能将全部被还原到仙魔技能之前的普通技能。技能等级为10级。不满10级的普通技能,将保留原等级不变。玩家转换后需重新学习新修真的仙魔技能。

Also, all the skills you dragged onto those quick bars will be removed so you have to arrange them again.

EDIT: It was all according to this site.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    cronoslave wrote: »
    According to that link you wont have to relearn the sage/demon skills you already have. Nice.

Not sure TBH.
    Skills Conversion Description: Fairy Magic converted the exception of certain skills will be automatically converted to the corresponding My comprehension skills, all the other sen (magic) skills will all be restored to normal before the fairy magic skills, skills. Skill level is 10. Players need to learn new converted comprehension for the fairy magic skills.

Seems a bit of both . . Gotta love dodgy translations
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    "技能转换说明:仙魔转换后,除部分技能会被自动转换为对应的修真技能外,其他所有仙(魔)技能将全部被还原 到仙魔技能之前的普通技能。技能等级为10级。不满10级的普通技能,将保留原等级不变。玩家转换后需重新 学习新修真的仙魔技能。"

"Skills Conversion Description: Fairy Magic converted the exception of certain skills will be automatically converted to the corresponding My comprehension skills, all the other sen (magic) skills will all be restored to normal before the fairy magic skills, skills. Skill level is 10. Players need to learn new converted comprehension for the fairy magic skills. "

That's google translation of what's written above it.

"After switching, all demon/sage skills learned will be reverted back to lvl 10. Any skills less than lvl 10 will stay the same level after conversion. It Chinese PW, it costs 29 boutique gold and 200 mirages for the switch. Looks like they're also selling a mirage box that contains 10, 20, or 50 mirages in the Chinese version."

That's the right translation from someone who's fluent in Chinese.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
    edited April 2010
    As RoidAbuse and I have said, all existing sage/demon skills will be resetted to lvl10 after the switch. You will need to relearn them again. As to whether you will be compensated, it is not mentioned in the link.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    It Chinese PW, it costs 29 boutique gold and 200 mirages for the switch.

I wonder how " that " will translate to PWI .. 50 ? 60 gold ? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]