Sharpened tooth arrow?

Options
Tiudo - Sanctuary
Tiudo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Archer
Hey, I'm a noob archer lol (lvl 60-ish). I don't really like TTs and stuff but I BH every day and help my friends with FBs. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to lvl STA only for boss kills? Or stick with normal attacks? People have different opinion about it... :S I'm so undecided. Thanks for the help.
Post edited by Tiudo - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Vasilisk - Harshlands
    Vasilisk - Harshlands Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Going to 70, 80, 90 u will do more and more instances with bosses. After lvl 70 (about ~75) u can go to GV - it's nice for fast lvling, but maxed by lvl ST and BOA is very very welcome.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Going to 70, 80, 90 u will do more and more instances with bosses. After lvl 70 (about ~75) u can go to GV - it's nice for fast lvling, but maxed by lvl ST and BOA is very very welcome.

sharp on mobs decrease exp gained by quiet a bit... even if the mobs dies after sharp wears off... the exp is still far less then if the mobs die by regular un-hp debuffed means. but nobody usually cares if you sharp mobs (most even would want you to), since like 99.9% of the archers are unaware that sharp lowers exp gained.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Msmunholy - Lost City
    Msmunholy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    its an AOE that decreases the max HP y would u not get it?
  • Tiudo - Sanctuary
    Tiudo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that STA guide is very useful! I think I misunderstood the description of this skill, but I'm definitely going to lvl it. It makes more sense now. I'm always careful with lvling skills, because I do not want to mess up my char and start over =P My faction doesn't have high lvl archers and I very rarely meet really GOOD ones, so it's always better to ask in the forum first, right?! b:victory
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that STA guide is very useful! I think I misunderstood the description of this skill, but I'm definitely going to lvl it. It makes more sense now. I'm always careful with lvling skills, because I do not want to mess up my char and start over =P My faction doesn't have high lvl archers and I very rarely meet really GOOD ones, so it's always better to ask in the forum first, right?! b:victory

Don't stress about leveling the 'wrong' skills. You are always making more and more spirit and coins so it becomes increasingly easier to catch up on under-leveled important skills.

You don't need to worry about mana consumption since as you level you become less and less reliant on skills and mana efficiency becomes less and less important

For example with tokens at 12K I can buy 5K MP pots for only 500 coins each. Thats enough to fill up all my MP twice over. DQ items at my level sell to NPCs for like 10 times that. That means that every DQ that drops is the equivalent to 10 mp pots! **** mana efficiency, I leveled knockback to lvl 11 (as well as every other skill).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There's always Focus Powder too. Cheap (if not free from gathering your own herbs), effective, and lets you save those yuanxiaos for Barrage (or send them to a cleric alt for BB). :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).