Considering starting playing again - LF help

Options
Naevo - Lost City
Naevo - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm a boy, and soon I'm a man who played PW for about 2 years in total (other versions). I got myself a character up to lvl 79 cleric before I quit, and now I can't find any other MMORPG that is as appealing as PW was to me the time I played it.

What I need help with, is sort of what, when and where-related. I feel I'm quite familiar with each class' pros and cons except for assassin and psychic.

I see myself as a casual-gamer, I'm able to play 2-3+ hours a day AT LEAST, and I won't have/won't choose the opportunity to use the cash shop a lot. I'm thinking of starting a venomancer of the purpose to "boost" myself in lvls since I won't resort to oracles/esos/hyper-lvling much other than what I can get from in-game farming. That actually goes for anything obtainable in-game. And maybe someday I will use what I've gotten from my veno to start and boost a new character of another class.
NOTE: I may be able to participate in TWs.

What you can help me with is just about anything, I want to know anything you can offer me in the form of information of what can and will be useful throughout my whole gaming experience.

THANKS! b:victory
Post edited by Naevo - Lost City on

Comments

• Naevo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    shameful bump
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It would help for you to be a little more specific with what you want help with, but really, just playing gives the best help just by experience. I would suggest joining a faction that likes to help people learn, rather than just helping them do their quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Naevo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm a boy, and soon I'm a man who played PW for about 2 years in total (other versions). I got myself a character up to lvl 79 cleric before I quit, and now I can't find any other MMORPG that is as appealing as PW was to me the time I played it.

What I need help with, is sort of what, when and where-related. I feel I'm quite familiar with each class' pros and cons except for assassin and psychic.

I see myself as a casual-gamer, I'm able to play 2-3+ hours a day AT LEAST, and I won't have/won't choose the opportunity to use the cash shop a lot. I'm thinking of starting a venomancer of the purpose to "boost" myself in lvls since I won't resort to oracles/esos/hyper-lvling much other than what I can get from in-game farming. That actually goes for anything obtainable in-game. And maybe someday I will use what I've gotten from my veno to start and boost a new character of another class.
    NOTE: I may be able to participate in TWs.

What you can help me with is just about anything, I want to know anything you can offer me in the form of information of what can and will be useful throughout my whole gaming experience.

THANKS! b:victory
    It would help for you to be a little more specific with what you want help with, but really, just playing gives the best help just by experience. I would suggest joining a faction that likes to help people learn, rather than just helping them do their quests.

I know how to do quests, and the in and outs of most FBs and TTs, it's just that PWI is a bit different from what I'm used to. Mostly what I wanted/needed help with is to know the smarter way to a successful character. Gear/money-wise that is.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well. Save your money. Don't buy anything thats unnecessary. Sell item drops to players instead of dropping them or npcing them. I'm not sure how it would be much different than other PW versions. I played MY myself for a while before coming here, and the only difference I saw was translations. Veno is a good choice for money making. Less repair bills and such. Can't offer much in the way of gears since I don't even pay attention to mine other than my weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Naevo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I mainly thought there was some major economy-differences, but I was obviously wrong.
    Your answer was probably the best and most correct one, so thank you for that. ^^
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well. Save your money. Don't buy anything thats unnecessary. Sell item drops to players instead of dropping them or npcing them. I'm not sure how it would be much different than other PW versions. I played MY myself for a while before coming here, and the only difference I saw was translations. Veno is a good choice for money making. Less repair bills and such. Can't offer much in the way of gears since I don't even pay attention to mine other than my weapon.

No need to worry about armors until 70+ IMO. Weapons are probably the most important other than pets for Venos.

I agree with what Shivalia said though, keep an eye on your spending and set up a catshop to sell items/drops. Many players have a catshop account that they use to fund their regular toons. If you find a nice niche, that might be good for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Start a Herc/Nix fund for yourself from lvl 1. At around 80+ you'll need one. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    FEAR THE TIDES BORN >:) muahahah
  • Naevo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Start a Herc/Nix fund for yourself from lvl 1. At around 80+ you'll need one. b:laugh

I'm 100% guaranteed I'll be excluded from group-based content if I'm not getting myself either of those? b:sad
    FEAR THE TIDES BORN >:) muahahah

You bet I will... on a PvE-server! b:laugh Which I'm choosing because of the non-cashshopping btw.
  • Lemuria - Harshlands
    Lemuria - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm 100% guaranteed I'll be excluded from group-based content if I'm not getting myself either of those?
    You can get by without, but not easily. Herc venos are prime material for FC squads and most other dungeon-based romps and are chosen almost exclusively over non-herc Venos. There are similar tanking mobs you can use instead of Hercules, but none which offer his unrivalled defense and HP.

And for TW, Phoenix is godly. Again, there are pets you can use instead of Phoenix (and many still do, since they spent all their disposable cash on Herc), and Phoenix is the less important of the two, but there's still that exclusivity involved in any PvP content since they're just that much stronger.
    You bet I will... on a PvE-server! Which I'm choosing because of the non-cashshopping btw.
    There are plenty of players on PvP servers who don't use the cash shop either. At higher levels it doesn't matter whether you're on PvE or PvP as the race to become better equipped than your peers still results in many players buying boutique to fund it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naevo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There are plenty of players on PvP servers who don't use the cash shop either. At higher levels it doesn't matter whether you're on PvE or PvP as the race to become better equipped than your peers still results in many players buying boutique to fund it.

I kinda thought it wasn't the best idea to struggle my way to 'good' gear and then risk the loss of it in PvP-fights. But as I can see there's still some decent PvP going on on the PvE-servers... or?