Daggers-Rank VI vs G13 Nirvana.

Deathiris - Sanctuary
Deathiris - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Assassin
The only daggers I know of w/ -.1 interval are.

Dream Breaker (Rank VI)- http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26049
and Barrier Thorn: Nirvana- http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26598

When I first started out to make a 5.0 dagger sin I was so far away (still am) that I didn't really look that closely at the two weapon choices and just assumed that the Nirvana daggers would just be so frigging awesome AND refine better that they would be worth the extra cost for someone aiming for DPS.

Today I looked at them again (Yay for maintenance time n_n) and was like b:shocked they're both G13!! and +184 max physical attack! On Pwcalc I got an average of 8,074.5 for Dream Breaker and only 7,672 for Nirvana daggers -.- (both +10 2x garnet gems)
- http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=288232cf6552afc4

Considering that 100 rapture $$ >>> then rank VI, and that rank VI would give me a decent chest armor instead of the lvl 60 one, and that Dream Breaker comes with 2 sockets 100% of the time is there any reason why a DPS sin would prefer the G13 nirvana daggers over the rank VI ones? (besides the fact that the rank VI daggers aren't in the game yet xD)

Anyone want to correct me and dramatically scream "Nooooooo!" before I sell all my raptures?
Post edited by Deathiris - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Check if the dream breaker is actually available first.
    Last time i checked, 1 day ago, it was not.
    This is my signature. It is my sin in stealth mode.
  • EvAxx - Sanctuary
    EvAxx - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think Rank VI > Nirvana unless you recast it with at least -.1 atk/speed which are the ultimate DPS sin daggers afaik.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    you make very good points. but your forgetting the recast value. theres a chance for zerksb:shocked and maybe even purge daggers. that would be sickness. they could also have the added attack like the rank 6 do. and if you dont like em its only a **** ton of farming to try again :)
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    nirvana have higher minimum, rank 6 much higher maximum

both refine the same.

rank6 aren't out yet

1st stage nirvana aren't really better than rank6

recast nirvana with -.1 and zerk = b:shocked

you can also potentially get 2 of the following:

Maximum Physical Attack +106
    Maximum Physical Attack +130
    Interval Between Hits -0.05 seconds
    Interval Between Hits -0.1 seconds (not shown on pwdatabase but is possible. unsure what else may be possible)
    Range +1
    HP: +350
    Strength +18~19
    Dexterity +18~19
    Magic +18~19
    Vitality +18~19
    Critical Hit Rate +1%
    Critical Hit Rate +2%
    Accuracy +30%
    Atk. Level +1
    Atk. Level +2
    Atk. Level +3
    Def. Level +2

and one of these:
    Critical Hit Rate +3%
    Critical Hit Rate +4%
    Sacrificial Strike: Has a chance to inflict double damage
    at the cost of losing 5% HP.
    God of Frenzy: A blessed frenzy warrior! Has a higher chance to deal double damage.
        Costs 5% Max HP.

you could get 3 attack levels, -.1 int and zerk.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Was actually just thinking bout this topic earlier (during class b:avoid). Bookmarking this thread for future reference.

I haven't looked into recasting and is really a noob when comes to the subject. These's like a "main" stats then 2 "minor" ones? Is the -0.1 the main one and will always be there when you recast then you get 2 random stats?
  • Mohilan - Lost City
    Mohilan - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    you could get 3 attack levels, -.1 int and zerk.

Better:
    -0.05 seconds
    -0.1 seconds
    and advanced zerk b:dirty
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Idk if I'd want zerk daggers on a interval Sin lol. We have enough fire power as it is. lvl 100 AA and LA already die within seconds with just -0.2 interval. HA takes longer but that'll change after the 79 skill.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    5 attacks /sec with zerk would probably be suicide lol

And yes, nirvada recast gives you 3 adds: 1 main add(the last 4 options given), and 2 minor add (the first row)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Was actually just thinking bout this topic earlier (during class b:avoid). Bookmarking this thread for future reference.

I haven't looked into recasting and is really a noob when comes to the subject. These's like a "main" stats then 2 "minor" ones? Is the -0.1 the main one and will always be there when you recast then you get 2 random stats?

look at the list i have in blue above. the first set you get 2 of. the second set you get 1 of.
    the only thing i'm not certain of is if there is MORE on the first list.

Idk if I'd want zerk daggers on a interval Sin lol. We have enough fire power as it is. lvl 100 AA and LA already die within seconds with just -0.2 interval. HA takes longer but that'll change after the 79 skill.

i did a number run when sins came out and someone asked about this as to wether it was a good idea or not.....and i just spent some time looking for it....
    number crunch for ya:

lets say your base hits are 2k (modest number) and you have 5k HP
    bloodpaint gives you back 40 HP
    Criticals give back 80 HP Zerks also give back 80HP
    Zerk Crits would give 160 HP back at the cost of 250 HP

so you lose 90 HP every zerk crit and 170 HP every zerk

also if you did 4k Damage base:
    BP gives 80 HP
    Crit gives 160
    Zerk crit gives 320.
    you would gain 70 HP on zerk crits and lose 90 HP on just zerks (assuming 5k hp still)

the higher you refine your dagger, the More HP you will steal. the higher you raise you HP, the more you will lose. that doesnt mean keep your HP low however. better to have 10k and lose 500 hp than have 5k and lose 250 b:cute

(numbers have been used for simple purposes and are in no way showing the actual dmg you will do as i dont know them yet b:victory)

this also doesnt take in the average number of swings between your zerks that will replenish your life, just a per chance basis of what you would see.

with all that said, imagine a Wolf Emblem, Triple Spark(when we get it), Zerk-Crit Headhunt b:dirty

basically you wont really kill yourself zerking unless you zerk every hit and dont crit them.
    also this was made based on 2% bloodpaint. sage sins will have even better life gain.

you would still gain HP over time, just not as much. at the cost of doing so much more damage i think it's worth it
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    I've heard something about "rerolling" the stats if the recasted stats are not what you wanted. Does that apply to both major and minor stats? Does it cost more crystals?
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    yes. it completely re-rolls all 3 stats so you cant choose which you want to keep. it takes 7 crystals to recast. you do not lose refines or gems when reforging so you can do it at any time later on if you chose to without having to re-refine.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    The zerk calculation is based on PvE damage tho. I get about 50-60 HP each normal hit on daily mobs in OHT. That'll be significantly less when against HA in PvP or even less on Barbs in tiger form. Fighting HA is not about have more damage anymore, now with demon spark. It's more of if you can live long enough to do enough to overcome their charm. I still won't be getting zerk daggers if given the choice, considering what our 79 skill should do.
    edited April 2010
    The zerk calculation is based on PvE damage tho. I get about 50-60 HP each normal hit on daily mobs in OHT. That'll be significantly less when against HA in PvP or even less on Barbs in tiger form.

Eehm, doesn't zerk simply double your dmg?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Eehm, doesn't zerk simply double your dmg?

After PvP reduction cuts it in 1/4, then pdef from HA cuts it even more, sure.
    edited April 2010
    After PvP reduction cuts it in 1/4, then pdef from HA cuts it even more, sure.

Still doubles the dmg you would have done without bezerk.

It's no calculation, it's simply double dmg at the cost of 5% hp (which stacks with crit)
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Still doubles the dmg you would have done without bezerk.

It's no calculation, it's simply double dmg at the cost of 5% hp (which stacks with crit)

Yeah I know. I mean the end result will still be less damage than the numbers he crunched for PvE, which had no reduction of any kind. So his theory of BP still recovers HP with zerk works for PvE, but you don't gain as much HP back when you are fighting HA in PvP even with zerk doubling the final damage.

100 PvE dmg = 25 PvP dmg = 50 zerk dmg =100 zerk-crit dmg. The last 2 numbers will be less after factoring in physical defense and etc.
  • Deathiris - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    For the G15 zerk hp loss vs bloodpaint hp gain you should also consider zerk crit hp gains and the additional benefit of doing damage that should be illegal.

"-.1 interval"
    so.... yes not listed in Database, or from the wanmei site (really old from when nirvana weapon pictures were first released). It makes a big difference if -.1 intv is a possible add on G15 daggers (for fists users too with regards to fist which is another topic). If you could post or link some solid evidence supporting this would really be appreciated.

Theory- Regardless of -.1 intv or -.05 or getting -.05 x2 on g15 daggers with enough $$ it would seem that the G15 dagger would generate the highest DPS (rank 8 chest if only -.05 intv on dagger).

Reality- >_> I don't have $$ to burn for this game, is why the original question was G13 vs Rank VI (and yes it will take awhile >_>)

Considering the extra cost of G13, the additional benefits associated w/ rank VI, the "fact" (?) that Rank VI has higher overall damage, and that I can farm badges pretty easily (5.0 fist archer ftw ^ ^V) I'm going to start praying for the release of sage weapons (and lvl 11 skills ><) and go with dreambreaker, unless I'm missing something and Barrier Thorn somehow does more damage (database lists different refine values though both g13 weapons, ofc database could be wrong)

S> 33 raptures 1,000 rep each b:chuckle
  • Mohilan - Lost City
    Mohilan - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yes. it completely re-rolls all 3 stats so you cant choose which you want to keep. it takes 7 crystals to recast. you do not lose refines or gems when recasting so you can do it at any time later on if you chose to without having to re-refine.

Not true. b:bye
    Of course you loose all adds when u recast. Thats why they introduced the new chienkun stones with which u can transfer ur gems/refines/sockets to your recasted gear without loosing them. But thats also ridiculously expensive... Better to recast until you get ur wanted adds, then refine and put gems into it
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Not true. b:bye
    Of course you loose all adds when u recast. Thats why they introduced the new chienkun stones with which u can transfer ur gems/refines/sockets to your recasted gear without loosing them. But thats also ridiculously expensive... Better to recast until you get ur wanted adds, then refine and put gems into it

excuse me... i meant reforging, which is what he was talking about. i'll fix it b:surrender
    For the G15 zerk hp loss vs bloodpaint hp gain you should also consider zerk crit hp gains and the additional benefit of doing damage that should be illegal.

"-.1 interval"
    so.... yes not listed in Database, or from the wanmei site (really old from when nirvana weapon pictures were first released). It makes a big difference if -.1 intv is a possible add on G15 daggers (for fists users too with regards to fist which is another topic). If you could post or link some solid evidence supporting this would really be appreciated.

Theory- Regardless of -.1 intv or -.05 or getting -.05 x2 on g15 daggers with enough $$ it would seem that the G15 dagger would generate the highest DPS (rank 8 chest if only -.05 intv on dagger).

Reality- >_> I don't have $$ to burn for this game, is why the original question was G13 vs Rank VI (and yes it will take awhile >_>)

Considering the extra cost of G13, the additional benefits associated w/ rank VI, the "fact" (?) that Rank VI has higher overall damage, and that I can farm badges pretty easily (5.0 fist archer ftw ^ ^V) I'm going to start praying for the release of sage weapons (and lvl 11 skills ><) and go with dreambreaker, unless I'm missing something and Barrier Thorn somehow does more damage (database lists different refine values though both g13 weapons, ofc database could be wrong)

S> 33 raptures 1,000 rep each b:chuckle

after re-reading i think i get it so...... i still have NO idea wth you're saying in the first part. as to -.1 int yes you can people have it. search for it.

as for refine difference i dont know.

also farming nirvana daggers is about as easy as farming for rank 6 anyway.

Yeah I know. I mean the end result will still be less damage than the numbers he crunched for PvE, which had no reduction of any kind. So his theory of BP still recovers HP with zerk works for PvE, but you don't gain as much HP back when you are fighting HA in PvP even with zerk doubling the final damage.

100 PvE dmg = 25 PvP dmg = 50 zerk dmg =100 zerk-crit dmg. The last 2 numbers will be less after factoring in physical defense and etc.

in PvP you WANT zerk for higher damage. it's all about killing them quickly and getting through that charm jsut like you said. you WANT more damage for that.
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think his point was, you'd be losing a lot more HP in PvP than in PvE with zerk daggers, especially at high interval (meaning more likely zerk will proc). Unless you watch your HP and constantly hit pots (theoretically) you'd be leaving yourself pretty vulnerable.

I dunno, I'm tempted to go with RankVI just because I like the name, and they're somewhat the same anyways xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    I'm going for rank VI for sure. I'm already getting rank VI plate as my end-game chest anyways, so the extra cost for the daggers will be less than having to make TT90 with ADS, not able use those daggers, decompose them to make TT99, then get crystals for recast.
  • Deathiris - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    TT99 gold souledge is now TT90 green not the TT90 gold so no 2x ADS needed n_n

but ya still going for rank vi ones.
    missing 1 badge, sitting on a lump of tokens, sending in tickets [lost cause ino u.u], and contemplating the cost of g13 + time it would take to get to 100 vs time until rank vi released =.=

Grr... I have no idea how sins w/ rank 6 and all badges who have been waiting MONTHS have not imploded from frustration ><.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2010

O? Sucks for those that made them before the update then. b:chuckle
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Find other things to do, like learning to play the market n__n My focus now has become: make money, then worry about gear. lol. Then again I never had a "loaded" main before I started my assassin, so.. maybe I'm the only one thinking I need funds first before I start gathering gear together ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suiten_satsu - Sanctuary
    Suiten_satsu - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010

but ya still going for rank vi ones.
    missing 1 badge, sitting on a lump of tokens, sending in tickets [lost cause ino u.u], and contemplating the cost of g13 + time it would take to get to 100 vs time until rank vi released =.=

Grr... I have no idea how sins w/ rank 6 and all badges who have been waiting MONTHS have not imploded from frustration ><.

b:surrender b:sad b:cry
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Anyone got a picture of rank VI from other version? b:dirty