Rank II armor, yes? no?

AmarthUmelda - Raging Tide
AmarthUmelda - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Archer
I'm a 61 mostly-pure dext archer with Armor of Barbarian Shaman top. Should i get Rank II armor? or is that generally considered a down-grade? Should I get ANY more Rank # armor?

Also, I'm NOT spending the IRL cash on a Perfect Iron Hammer to break my supply crate, 'specially now that I'm beyond the usefulness of General Sumner's Longbow. Should I spend the coins to buy a hammer (should I find some1 selling one) when I get the cash just so I can get the rest of the crate's? or are they worthless?

One FINAL question: I bought a mold for Solarslayer for 100k. It does roughly the same damage as Swiftwind and I like the slow (should it come up just as Frost runs out, mobs will NEVER touch me b:chuckle). Was this wise? I am planing on manufacturing a Swiftwind so I can get the lvl 80-99 TT x-bows, but Swiftwind just doesn't appeal to me.....am I a noob for this?
TKS for any forthcoming advice.
My _____ are...
Archer: fun
Blademaster: Awesome
Wizard: BIDS. <-- Coming soon
Cleric: New, idk yet :)
Post edited by AmarthUmelda - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    There is no rank II armor. Rank III lets you get a pair of mediocre level 60 leggings, which are generally obsolete by the time you get 2500 rep.

Rank IV, however, is the offensive armor of choice for most archers. It has the much-coveted -0.05 interval between hits property. Translation: It makes you shoot faster. Defensively, it's terrible compared to the 7x/8x gear you'll have by the time you get it, but no other chest armor has -interval besides the rank IV, VI, and VIII archer and assassin plates.
  • Ksir - Raging Tide
    Ksir - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I dont think that youre a noob for doing that. Since solarslayer does just a tad bit more damage than swiftwind (i think) and solar slayer has a slow effect. Do not think however that the slow effect is any good since it has only a 5% chance of activating and itd be most useful if the slow effect happened as soon as frost wore out which will be a very rare occurance.

I would still recommend making your swiftwind since i still have to make my swiftwind (im level 71 btw) so i can use the ttt70/80/90 crossbows. If you do make both youll be able to see which one you like better and what not and you can make your own choice.
  • AmarthUmelda - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    ok, tks Brigid and Ksir, 'cept there MUST be rank II armor, since I have a lvl 60 Rank belt [which isn't rank I], Seal of the Assasin, and I can also get the chest and leg Assasin armor at Dreamweaver Port, even though my rep is still ~1700... nethoughts?
    My _____ are...
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    There is no rank II armor. Rank III lets you get a pair of mediocre level 60 leggings, which are generally obsolete by the time you get 2500 rep.

Rank IV, however, is the offensive armor of choice for most archers. It has the much-coveted -0.05 interval between hits property. Translation: It makes you shoot faster. Defensively, it's terrible compared to the 7x/8x gear you'll have by the time you get it, but no other chest armor has -interval besides the rank IV, VI, and VIII archer and assassin plates.

Rank VII chest also has -interval. Also rank IV chest is on par defensivly with the 3* chest most people wear in their 70s, and I wear it more than my tanking top (though I probably shouldn't).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ok, tks Brigid and Ksir, 'cept there MUST be rank II armor, since I have a lvl 60 Rank belt [which isn't rank I], Seal of the Assasin, and I can also get the chest and leg Assasin armor at Dreamweaver Port, even though my rep is still ~1700... nethoughts?

The belt is the only piece of that set you can get with Rank II. The legs are the Rank III piece mentioned above as inferior to whatever you would have anyway by the time you get that rank. And the chest is the Rank IV piece.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Rank VII chest also has -interval. Also rank IV chest is on par defensivly with the 3* chest most people wear in their 70s, and I wear it more than my tanking top (though I probably shouldn't).

Good point. Rank VII completely slipped my mind though, because anything above rank VI just isn't realistic unless you buy it. And if you're going to buy it, you're going to go for rank VIII, rather than stop at VII.

As for rank IV, yes, it has stats on par with 3-star level 70 LA. However, 99% of people aren't going to get it until the 80s, unless they deliberately hold back and grind rep. That said, I still wear it in lieu of the level 87 mold Armor of Millenary Bless. -0.1 interval bracers, rank 4 top, +6 Wind and the Clouds, and Demon Quickshot means I get to go pew pew really, really fast all the time b:victory
  • AmarthUmelda - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    ok, tks. I think it makes sense now....
    My _____ are...