Lvl 100+ : WQ and/or CS still viable/worth it for you?

Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
Nigrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Since the amt of exp goes up exponentially that you need to level, while WQ does not give any more at 100 than it did at 99 (or so I'm told).

Getting 1% at 99, means .9% at 100......do you stop at this point?

CS will still give exactly 1%, and takes almost no time/money. With the time you could be WQing, you could do a BH and make waaaay more money than the 70k, and get MORE exp than if you just did world quest alone.

But ive already heard it all, some people do both, some neither, some one or the other.

Some people stopped doing these in the 8x/9x levels even.

Just curious, as it will cost about 7-8 mil in CS alone to hit 101 from 100......cost effective or just buy a skill?

I'm thinking I'm going to be doing CS till 101, but not WQ.
Post edited by Nigrosity - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Shantilia - Sanctuary
    Shantilia - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It is right, that CS, WQ and Cube give the same EXP 100+ that they give at lvl99.

What's not quite right is, that EXP doesn't go up exponentially 100+.

You need ~30,4mil EXP to level from 99 to 100, but to go from 100 to 101 you need nearly 67mil EXP and it gets more than doubled every lvl then.

For CS you get ~0,5% at 100, for WQ ~0,4% and for Cube ~0,7%.
    Shantilia (Veno) Lvl 101 (Main)-Sanctuary
    Sheynea (Sin) Lvl 100 (2. Main :P)-Sanctuary
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I still do CS, Cube, and BHs. I need spirit more than EXP for my sage skills.

CS, Cube = Spirit

BH = Money (usually)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The only reason I hit 101 was as a side effect of getting enough spirit to learn all my demon/lvl 100 skills.

After you get all the skills and you are happy with your genie there isnt any more point really in CS and WQ. Cube and BH make money though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    stopped all of this at level 100 b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I stopped CS/WQ, but I still do BH and Cube. Depends on how patient you are / time you have. I've learned a lot of skills just off of Cube alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I only do wq while doing something else in RL
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Stopped CS at 101 . The cost vs Xp needed for 102 didnt seem worth it to me.

Still do WQ since I can do it afk.

Cube only do it now and again since I need Dragon Gate EX for culti b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you want to hit 101 (which is really easy) keep doing your dalies. At 101, I don't do WQ very often, I still do CS, and i rarely do cube anymore. I try to get the occasional BH done, and I try to do MQ every day. If you do Nirvana, you really want to invest in 5 hyper stones. The first boss will give you over 600k xp with x12 hyper, and you get 45 or so uses from 1 hrs worth, very worth it.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
    Nigrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It is right, that CS, WQ and Cube give the same EXP 100+ that they give at lvl99.

What's not quite right is, that EXP doesn't go up exponentially 100+.

You need ~30,4mil EXP to level from 99 to 100, but to go from 100 to 101 you need nearly 67mil EXP and it gets more than doubled every lvl then.

For CS you get ~0,5% at 100, for WQ ~0,4% and for Cube ~0,7%.

awesome replies everyone, TY

just for the record, the word exponential means "goes up exponentially"

so what you explained as 100+ exp requiresments is the exact definition of exponential increase

and WOWzers, if that's the case then def no more WQ, and prob no CS either since it will take 15 million coin and over a half a year of doing it every day to level xD
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I do my world quest when I bother to actually do it (usually do it while afk and set on auto-path). I do my marriage quest when I bother to log on for 5 minutes. I stopped doing crazy stone because it's a waste of coins. Cube I never really bothered with since I always seem to fail at least once and always land in at least 2 of the money rooms. Bounty Hunter I do when I can find a squad to go with during the 5 minutes that I'm on.

Though I did semi-retire around 50% into level 100...
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I still do WQ/MQ/CS/OHT/ST. It's true it takes a large amount of exp to lvl 100+, however I plan to reach 105 someday b:pleased. I'll never stop dalies. Never missed a single WQ/CS/OHT, and never plan to unless unforeseen events occur.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The only thing I do now (sometimes) is marriage quest. For the exp and spirit I use to level genie and some sage skills.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I'm about level 97 1/2 right now. I stopped doing CS every day (but still did it fairly often) once it got more expensive at level 81. I've done it only rarely since hitting level 90, mostly only if it will level me that day or if I accidentally take the CS quest while doing WQ (why can't I trash CS?). It has obviously slowed my levelling somewhat, but I feel like I can use the 72k a day more effectively on other things. Half a million a week spent on skills, gear, refining, etc. seems like a better investment to me than hitting level 98 2 days sooner.

I still do WQ every day. I just find a time when I'm doing something else (eating, making dinner, watching TV, work, reading forums), and autopath to a new stop every 5-10 minutes when I get a chance. Worst case scenario, if I just can't find the time for it, I might do part of it today and then finish it up tomorrow.

I really can't see any of this changing significantly after 100 except that I might stop doing any of it. The difference between 100 and 101 seems pretty irrelevent at this point.
    edited April 2010
    so what you explained as 100+ exp requiresments is the exact definition of exponential increase

Actually it doesn't go up exponentially.

99-100 30m
    100-101 68m
    101-102 268m
    102-103 536m
    103-104 1.33b

So it roughly doubles, then quadruples, then doubles again and then about 2.5x....
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Since the amt of exp goes up exponentially that you need to level, while WQ does not give any more at 100 than it did at 99 (or so I'm told).

Getting 1% at 99, means .9% at 100......do you stop at this point?

CS will still give exactly 1%, and takes almost no time/money. With the time you could be WQing, you could do a BH and make waaaay more money than the 70k, and get MORE exp than if you just did world quest alone.

But ive already heard it all, some people do both, some neither, some one or the other.

Some people stopped doing these in the 8x/9x levels even.

Just curious, as it will cost about 7-8 mil in CS alone to hit 101 from 100......cost effective or just buy a skill?

i dont do bh, cube, wq, cs or any other daily. i do school teacher if i remember.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I stopped doing dailies after I hit 100. CS chewed the little money I had, WQ is too boring. I still do them occasional BH when I feel like it and MQ when I am VERY bored.
    I still do WQ/MQ/CS/OHT/ST. I'll never stop dalies. Never missed a single WQ/CS/OHT, and never plan to unless unforeseen events occur.

b:embarrass
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Araya_Souren - Sanctuary
    Araya_Souren - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Actually it doesn't go up exponentially.

99-100 30m
    100-101 68m
    101-102 268m
    102-103 536m
    103-104 1.33b

So it roughly doubles, then quadruples, then doubles again and then about 2.5x....

Maybe they converted the exp to lvl 150 for this version in lvl 105 and this will be the solid cap?After seeing this i can't imagine what hell having 45 more levels would be o.0
    edited April 2010
    Maybe they converted the exp to lvl 150 for this version in lvl 105 and this will be the solid cap?After seeing this i can't imagine what hell having 45 more levels would be o.0

The level cap for PW-Bejing and PWI has always been 105.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have stopped and won't do anymore CS as it costs to much and I would rather use the shards on myself.I may stop doing WQ and do nothing but BHs and TTs when I get close to 100 if I do.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Not worth it. There is no reason for me to get to lv101 only do BH for money because that is what a bounty should pay out is it not?
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I stopped doing wq at level 75. The amount of time it took vs. how much money I could make doing tt/grinding wasn't worth the time I was out running books around. I've never regretted stopping. I still do cs and the OHT daily (cause its really easy and actually NETS you money) and the bh's. Usually just 1 a day tho.

I'm content with the speed I level. I've not even played this character a year yet. If you truly enjoy playing your character its about enjoying playing, not how fast you level anyways. I don't enjoy running books for WQ so I don't do it. I do enjoy FF runs etc.. so I focus on what I enjoy.

If its about the exp for you, I know a lvl 99 cleric who still faithfully does her wq every day. She likes the free exp. But if you think about it, if you could grind enough to buy an oracle to level you the same amount in 10 mins instead of an hour or more doing wq... that would be so much faster and easier. :) Either way, just enjoy playing your game, your way!
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If I will farm exp., then I'll buy 50 Guardian Scrolls, becouse 10 level res skill (cleric's revive) burns +600k exp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I stopped doing CS at 81, not worth it for the money it costs when I could just use that money to buy wines I could afford to do it but, just a waste of money when BH/FC gives way more XP.

I do WQ occasionaly, sometimes when I feel like browsing youtube or if I have homework then I'll do WQ. Nothing better than getting xp for watching youtube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i might stop after lv102. But reaching 101 with CS, WQ, cube, and implement of BH made 100>101 rather easy. yeah it was worth doing it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I do cube regularily and also CS.
    Having map3 open is a source of cash for daily stuff (wines, teleports, etc) and also a source of XP/SP if you aoe grind with Hyper stones.

Since I hit 100 I put all my XP in genie since I'm saving SP for skills and my genie went from 93.5 to 96. So you can imagine how much XP I made in less than 10 days I guess, since the transfer rate is something like 93-96%

Now I'm on full stop in PWI until BoI Close Beta ends.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]