autoatacking bannable? :P

Olivassin - Heavens Tear
Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
I know this thread have seen the light (or the dark b:shocked) lots of times but i think it's never being thought like that:

seeing how venos can just leave his pet on a spot where a mob spawns and the pet autoattack the mob when he can attacks him?

Can i put a rock on my "F1", keep on a spot and let it *grind* 24/7 but when i'm online (so i do BHs & stuffs)?

Nope, i think ToS (or wherever) say this is bannable, so i still think it's not so fair that venos can do that.

"Blah blah blah it's not so much exp what you win and venos do that only to lvl their pet" well ok, they're lvling their pet so i really don't care about that bcuz i know its hard to lvl them when u have many, but they shouldn't get EXP, but if the mob that spawns gives 300 EXP and it spawns every minute... its 60 mobs / hour = 18.000 EXP / hour.... during night/sleep (8 hours is recommended) plus work/study (lets put 5 hours at least) plus biological issues like eat (1 hour) plus social life (2 hours) = 18k * (8+5+1+2) = 18k * 16 = 288k EXP. You see, an extra BH every day.

Solution 1 to this injustice: Venos don't get exp from mob if they don't heal the pet or attack it (way to show that she's not afk).

Solution 2 to this injustice: Let put rocks on the keyboard :-P. It's not like a bot lol! it's only "who attacks me, i will kill it".

what do you think about that? :D
Post edited by Olivassin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I believe the rule of thumb is that if you are physically away from your computer for a decent period of time, and gaining experience (for either you or your Veno pet) automatically, that is against the ToS. Generally, if a GM were the PM you and you didn't respond (because you were AFK), that could be grounds for an infraction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I remember way back someone asking a similar question and the GM responding said it was fine.

They then asked if, in addition, they could keep their "pick stuff up" button held down and said GM said that part wasn't allowed.

.... Meh.
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    I believe the rule of thumb is that if you are physically away from your computer for a decent period of time, and gaining experience (for either you or your Veno pet) automatically, that is against the ToS. Generally, if a GM were the PM you and you didn't respond (because you were AFK), that could be grounds for an infraction.

my tittle is semi-wrong my question is not "putting a rock on my keyboard is bannable?" b/c i auto-replied to that myself:
    Can i put a rock on my "F1", keep on a spot and let it *grind* 24/7 but when i'm online (so i do BHs & stuffs)?

Nope, i think ToS (or wherever) say this is bannable
    my thread is more about QQing about veno's autopet attack (who they go "physically away from their computer" and it's the pet who auto atacks aggroed mobs) that i think its unfair.

My question is: am i wrong? or which of the 2 solutions posted on maind thread would be ok?
    edited April 2010
    No matter what the class, no matter what the skill, if they are not physically at their computer for a length of time, and no user input is made, that is considered AFK leveling, and against the ToS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No matter what the class, no matter what the skill, if they are not physically at their computer for a length of time, and no user input is made, that is considered AFK leveling, and against the ToS.

^^ this! !
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    that's bs.. when if i'm not looking at the screen and have my keyboard on my lap watching tv or soemthing
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    How could they even DO that?

Setting your pet to Defend or Auto mode is one thing, but... afking near low mobs won't give the pet any exp, and afking near comparable-level mobs will kill the pet if the veno is afk and doesn't heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited April 2010
    that's bs.. when if i'm not looking at the screen and have my keyboard on my lap watching tv or soemthing

At least in your case, you have the ABILITY to respond if need be. That's the main difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    How could they even DO that?

Setting your pet to Defend or Auto mode is one thing, but... afking near low mobs won't give the pet any exp, and afking near comparable-level mobs will kill the pet if the veno is afk and doesn't heal.

nah, they put it on low level mobs
  • $Feanor$ - Dreamweaver
    $Feanor$ - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    my tittle is semi-wrong my question is not "putting a rock on my keyboard is bannable?" b/c i auto-replied to that myself:

my thread is more about QQing about veno's autopet attack (who they go "physically away from their computer" and it's the pet who auto atacks aggroed mobs) that i think its unfair.

My question is: am i wrong? or which of the 2 solutions posted on maind thread would be ok?

Any mob tat will actually give any proper exp to the veno WILL end up killing the pet after sometime if there is no one healing....wat u are saying is possible with only low lvl mobs which give pathetic exp to both pet and veno. If u are saying that venos with hercs do that then i say its a waste of electricity (stop global warming b:angry) .......rich venos lvl fast neway...b:chuckle and for pets we hve the cube... Btw u do know how the auto attk works right...pets attk only tat mob which attks the veno.....
  • ScottStevens - Dreamweaver
    ScottStevens - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's definitely possible with a nix or herc (didn't try with any other pets), at certain locations where the respawn spot is reliable and only one mob at a time will attack. Yes, the mobs are not at level, but they don't have to be a ton lower than the pet lvl.

Keep in mind, most venos that do this do it for lvling the pet as the OP stated. The experience gained is not great (less than the OP's formula because he didn't include time taken to kill the mob). And really, if you are leaving PWI on all day then you are much better off merchandising in a catshop than getting 150-200k xp. The money you make will improve your character much more.
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    QQ about Veno..
    The mob has to be around the same lvl as your pet or it won't get enough exp, max exp is 15 per mob for a pet.
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • ScottStevens - Dreamweaver
    ScottStevens - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @$Feanor$ if you leave a pet on defend it will atk a mob if it itself is attacked, the veno doesn't have to be attacked. I leveled a nix from around 60 to 80-something (my current level at the time) with afk leveling on a single mobs. And yes, the mob has to be lower level, but 5-7 pet xp per kill is better than nothing. The nix can do this because of its high hp regen, got back to full health before next mob spawned.

I tested with a herc too, worked as well, but with room 4 there's not much point.

And now with the lvl100 easy kill flying mobs by RT there's not much point to afk leveling nixes either.
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    yeah, i only saw venos with herc/nix doing that

ok so you're telling me i can report afking venos with pet auto atacking and they will get banned? :O

that will be fun b:chuckle *RAWR*
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ah, I have a good response to this one.

Something that Frankie had said before here.

It basically says it's ok to jam buttons if you're physically at your computer (another topic I know). But if you follow the discussion, you will know that AFK-ness is discussed in the topic. If you're AFK and you do it, it is against the ToS and is not allowed.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    nah, they put it on low level mobs
    But WHY? XD Low mobs won't give the pet any exp.
    It basically says it's ok to jam buttons if you're physically at your computer (another topic I know). But if you follow the discussion, you will know that AFK-ness is discussed in the topic. If you're AFK and you do it, it is against the ToS and is not allowed.
    I'm not disagreeing with Frankie or the ToS here, but for the sake of playing devil's advocate: why is that where the line's drawn? It almost sounds like the ToS is saying "oh sure, you can grind for exp in the cheapest ways imaginable, just as long as you're physically wasting your life doing it." :P

Case in point: venos who spawn-camp Kun Kun. One such veno denied my barb access to the kill he needed for nearly a half hour before getting bored and leaving. I submitted a ticket about this and was told basically "oh well, lolz." -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Venos cant leave pet to auto attack and gain exp because the pet will die without heals. Well unless its like lvl 10 mobs but than you wont get any exp <.<

In zhen parties i open barrage and go afk to, is that banable? Or in rebirth, i open barrage and go afk to sometimes one easy waves, just like all the other DDs and the cleric.

Or clerics that heals a BMs thats aoe-grinding. They often just fly and click follow and use heal macro and go afk - while gaining exp. Ban hammer?

Really think only thing that will get you banned is using a third party program, that makes you both pick loot, kill mobs and pot. That i am pretty sure of.

So many ways of leveling in this game allows you and encourages you to afk while leveling, thats why clerics have a skill like BB and wizards/archers have a continuous aoe-skill <.<
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Venos cant leave pet to auto attack and gain exp because the pet will die without heals. Well unless its like lvl 10 mobs but than you wont get any exp <.<

In zhen parties i open barrage and go afk to, is that banable? Or in rebirth, i open barrage and go afk to sometimes one easy waves, just like all the other DDs and the cleric.

Or clerics that heals a BMs thats aoe-grinding. They often just fly and click follow and use heal macro and go afk - while gaining exp. Ban hammer?

Really think only thing that will get you banned is using a third party program, that makes you both pick loot, kill mobs and pot. That i am pretty sure of.

So many ways of leveling in this game allows you and encourages you to afk while leveling, thats why clerics have a skill like BB and wizards/archers have a continuous aoe-skill <.<

Everything is "banable" since PWI reserves the right to deny access to its service for whatever reason. Gaining experience while AFK is something GMs have consistently said is a ToS violation so there is not much point in trying to discuss aspects of various cases.

AFK + Gaining XP = ToS violation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Gaining experience while AFK is something GMs have consistently said is a ToS violation so there is not much point in trying to discuss aspects of various cases.

AFK + Gaining XP = ToS violation

Correctomundo!
This discussion has been closed.