fb79

_Lyca/l/_ - Dreamweaver
_Lyca/l/_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
was wondering whats the lowest lvl barb that can go in and tank fb79?
Post edited by _Lyca/l/_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• GasLeak - Dreamweaver
    GasLeak - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Assuming you're asking for lvl 75 (your avatar), you should do fine. FB70 is much nastier than 79.
  • _Lyca/l/_ - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    thnx dunno why avatar says 75 lol im actually lvl 79 and someone told a bm in our faction the barb had to be at least lvl 80+ to tank that fb. i did tank the fb at lvl 78 with only 2 clerics in squad with me. just curious as to y some would say u had to be at least 80+ to tank it
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i did tank the fb at lvl 78 with only 2 clerics in squad with me.

Lol, wut? Only two clerics. Do you usually have 3? fb79's bosses are mad weak. You can probably tank them in your late 60s (providing you can keep aggro well).
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Esteven - Heavens Tear
    Esteven - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I tanked a friends 79 when i was 67(2 clerics low-mid 70s), the only boss they didn't let me tank was brig and they had a herc do it. kinda wish they would let me try it b:surrender
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hell i can tank 79, its not that hard. just be good at cancelling, and you should be able to even at 70
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lol ya i dunno wats up with u saying "only 2 clerics" but ya u should be able to tank all the bosses in 79 with one cleric np....and like sumone already said 69 is much harder than 79.....so short answer YES ull be fine
  • _Lyca/l/_ - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    i know the bosses were easy im just sayin we were told that the barb HAD to be 80+ and as to the 2 clerics......one needed fb79 done and the other came along since we couldnt find noone else to help us.
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i know the bosses were easy im just sayin we were told that the barb HAD to be 80+ and as to the 2 clerics......one needed fb79 done and the other came along since we couldnt find noone else to help us.
    People will perpetuate myths they hear and believe... if you're told early on that you have to have AT LEAST two clerics to do Wurlord, then you might be subject to repeat that myth (I mean if it's in the PWiki then it must be true, right? *lol*). In contradiction to that, I was in a squad where I was the only cleric and we did Wurlord successfully (alas the Cosmo-Ape wiped us but meh :p). It really depends on the skill of the players as much if not more than the level of their character...

I'd take a non-herc veno that knows what they're doing over a herc-veno without a clue any day, but you often see solicitatations in WC for "TTx-y need 85+ barb and herc-veno" or substitute that with FCC instead of TT. I've also seen a squad disband on BH69 because they didn't have a barb, but they had 2 clerics and a L89 BM with decent hit points. People get into stereotyped myths of "this instance has to be this squad," but really the only things that have such requirements are like rebirth where you could fail the mission if you dont' have a rainbow squad. Most other stuff, good skill will get you by.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    thnx dunno why avatar says 75 lol im actually lvl 79 and someone told a bm in our faction the barb had to be at least lvl 80+ to tank that fb. i did tank the fb at lvl 78 with only 2 clerics in squad with me. just curious as to y some would say u had to be at least 80+ to tank it

lol. A lvl 75 barb should be able to tank fb89... fb79 should be cake unless you're some weird dex or str build with horrible gear.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lol. A lvl 75 barb should be able to tank fb89... fb79 should be cake unless you're some weird dex or str build with horrible gear.

What do you have against a wand wielding pure magic build barb?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What do you have against a wand wielding pure magic build barb?

Nothing as long as he's really a mage. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    FB69 is harder than FB79 in my opinion.

Of course FB69 is also extremely easy, just not as easy as FB79
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ._. My archer ended up tanking my fb79 & was fine (no barb & apparently +90 bm & archer couldn't keep up...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    People will perpetuate myths they hear and believe... if you're told early on that you have to have AT LEAST two clerics to do Wurlord, then you might be subject to repeat that myth (I mean if it's in the PWiki then it must be true, right? *lol*). In contradiction to that, I was in a squad where I was the only cleric and we did Wurlord successfully (alas the Cosmo-Ape wiped us but meh :p). It really depends on the skill of the players as much if not more than the level of their character...

I'd take a non-herc veno that knows what they're doing over a herc-veno without a clue any day, but you often see solicitatations in WC for "TTx-y need 85+ barb and herc-veno" or substitute that with FCC instead of TT. I've also seen a squad disband on BH69 because they didn't have a barb, but they had 2 clerics and a L89 BM with decent hit points. People get into stereotyped myths of "this instance has to be this squad," but really the only things that have such requirements are like rebirth where you could fail the mission if you dont' have a rainbow squad. Most other stuff, good skill will get you by.

+1.
    /10 char
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Ruli - Heavens Tear
    Ruli - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    1st tanked it on Ruli at 72 for last hope quest, Solo cleric same level, erm my in game wifeyb:kiss
    Ill be honest i tanked 79 before i tanked my 69.