My Little Fail Wizard Story

High_Lord - Heavens Tear
High_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Wizard
So...yesterday there was some random dueling thing going on in south arch.

Now this random wizard *coughpimpcough* challenged me to a duel, he was level 95+ with event boots + helm, all his gear +5-6ed.

Now the first time he ****** me up bad. Then when i had chi i duel him again,

It went will of the bodhivista->Drake Bash->few hits->roar of the pride-> few hits=wizard pwned.

Now this wizard couldnt get over the fact that i was beating him, me a level 87 bm. He blamed it on my non existent genie, the next 3 or 4 times i dueled him i won again exactly the same way. He kept blaming it on the genie that i didnt have.

Then another person from TE dueled him, beat him and he said bs(bullshiit), then i dueled him again and beat him, once again it was bs in his eyes.

Now are all wizards like this when they are beaten by someone a fair few levels lower then them with worse gear? do all wizards think that when they get the event gear they are OMGSOPR0LIKEPWNZORS!?LIKEIMINVINCIBLE!?

/endrant
//endofmycoolstory
///baibai
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~Heatwave Leader~
Post edited by High_Lord - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think a lot of people, not everyone, wizard or not wizard, throws a hissy fit when they get owned by someone lower level than them, especially if the person that has the attitude has all the fancy gear, lol. They try to pin point an excuse about something you did or didn't do to try to make them seem the better person.

I'd just lol and move on with it or continue to whoop him if he's the one that initiates the duels lol.
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    Maestro - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Nah, he just doesn't understand that wizards really should not be dueling. Duel + Wizard = Asking to not win,
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Now are all wizards like this when they are beaten by someone a fair few levels lower then them with worse gear? do all wizards think that when they get the event gear they are OMGSOPR0LIKEPWNZORS!?LIKEIMINVINCIBLE!?

I've seen every class act like that so it's not specific to wizards.

Not sure how you got the idea that all wizards act like children when they lose duels from a single case though.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Any wizard will lose fast if they do not know what they are doing. It's not exactly a very forgiving class, in both Duels and PK.

He obviously just didn't know how to get around Will of Bodhivista, probably because he's so used to stunning right at the start.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't know, but BM with expel(doesn't work in duel) is VERY,VERY,VERY easy to kill. And If I use 20s antistunt potion I don't need anything else to beat BM and you can have as much chi as you want.b:chuckle Undine+sutra=dead BM. If you use marrow I use Sage BT =dead BM.
    But PK is different. When expel work I can seal BM for 18s in row.
    First Fow+expel+fow=death BM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    I don't know, but BM with expel(doesn't work in duel) is VERY,VERY,VERY easy to kill. And If I use 20s antistunt potion I don't need anything else to beat BM and you can have as much chi as you want.b:chuckle Undine+sutra=dead BM. If you use marrow I use Sage BT =dead BM.
    But PK is different. When expel work I can seal BM for 18s in row.
    First Fow+expel+fow=death BM
    Assuming that a BM is just standing there and letting you do this. They can easily sneak in a bash or stun in between any of these.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Assuming that a BM is just standing there and letting you do this. They can easily sneak in a bash or stun in between any of these.

When is he sealed? I don't think so. All BM what I was fighting I seal them they come to me and wait while seal went off. But it didn't.b:chuckle + if it all seals is not enough use anti stunt potion. And you are free. All depend on good timing. That is weakness for us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    When is he sealed? I don't think so. All BM what I was fighting I seal them they come to me and wait while seal went off. But it didn't.b:chuckle + if it all seals is not enough use anti stunt potion. And you are free. All depend on good timing. That is weakness for us.
    Then I guess all the BM's you fight are morons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010

If they cannot stunt you they cannot beat you at high levels. That's the key to beat BM. Or like barb they doing ~300 damage on me. Like 100+ levels mobs? Bm hit a little bit harder but nothing big. When I loose duel is because I don't waste antistunt potion and just with FoW is not enough. And if I have barb buff I have 7K HP. No chance for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    They probably won the first time using sleep right off the back. He prolly doesn't understand bodhi ignores sleeps and that the only way to beat a good bm using bodhi (besides starting off w/ spark IF the bm uses drake bash first) is to sutra at the 1, seal, undine, phoenix, pyro, shrink, gush, survive a stun, sleep (when bodhi wears off), shrink, glacial snare, (and god forbid he's not dead yet), seal, sandstorm.

^-- above is the combo I use for good bm's, and of MANY combos i've tested, it's the only one that comes close to being successful (Not using a genie, pots, etc).

And yeah, he threw a hissy fit cuz he didn't know how to play his wiz well and lost to someone who didn't have wtfsauce armor.
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Except almost no one uses Sandstorm at 9x anymore. >>
    60 / 250.
  • Mr_Mokona - Lost City
    Mr_Mokona - Lost City Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Now ok, im not as high as that guy, an ive only been killed by someone nearly 10levels lower than me in duels which i consider "poor circumstances" for a wiz, someone could call an excuse.
    An what i call "poor Circumstances" is dueling inside instances, or very small areas. Inside instances i cant jump, so hard for me to avoid some things, and small areas its just near impossible to kite, one time sticks to mind being killed/dueled by a cocky sin, who thought either i was a noob, or he was the best player ever, because there was no where to move, and even though i could one shot him with a harder hitting spell, he was right there to stun once the duel started. I just didnt really say anything.

But really...this has nothing to do with being a wiz and loosing.
    Ive never really heard that wiz complain more than any other class when loosing a duel?
    There are people who will complain, or make up an excuse to why they lost, because they think they are unbeatable, or what you did was unfair.
    I cant really say about the genie, if you really werent using one then the guys an idiot.
    But the amount of times any class uses the excuse that they were lagging, or that they hit the wrong buttons. Nothing new =P
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2010

uh hello? Did you read?

Expel silences the target for 8 seconds. FoW silences the target for 5 seconds(but gives you 3 seconds to attack the target). You can easily expel the target then use a sutra combo to beat them.

And vacuities allow you to not get stun for 20 seconds...
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited April 2010
    Usage of genies has traditionally (at least on my server) not been respected in duels. I strongly oppose it as well, even the utilization of holy path.

I've always looked down on people who become solely dependent on their genies for survival and can't use their own class skills alone.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I did a few duels back in the 80s and some in the 90s, but mostly to see dmg on skills.
    I don't like the duels because of the charm tick.
    I mean, a duel can cost me now everywhere from 3k to 5.5k HP on the charm, so ** duels.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I never looked down on genies in duels, except if the skill is gonna do major damage. I'm more of pker so my genie was like an extension of my character.

Me and my friend Pettra used to duel constantly back when we played, if she complained about me using my genie I just bought her enough perfect stones for her to use her genie for a day. I needed it for her though, she was an MDef ornament, pure build cleric. Without undine I hit her for 900's, plus she had the annoying habit of using purify every time I undined Q.Q
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Usage of genies has traditionally (at least on my server) not been respected in duels. I strongly oppose it as well, even the utilization of holy path.

I've always looked down on people who become solely dependent on their genies for survival and can't use their own class skills alone.

I dont rely on my genie, i use my genie to make my skills stronger. If you look at my genie skills, they all enhance my power as a wizard. Its not my fault a certain person cant find the perfect genie combo for their class/themselves. I worked my **** off wasting spirit and time thinking out my perfect genie and you are saying i cant use it? GTFO.

People who use genie as an excuse are just trying to cover up for their failness imo.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    uh hello? Did you read?

Expel silences the target for 8 seconds. FoW silences the target for 5 seconds(but gives you 3 seconds to attack the target). You can easily expel the target then use a sutra combo to beat them.

And vacuities allow you to not get stun for 20 seconds...
    Why in gods name would you use apoc in a duel? b:shocked Such a waste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    To Cholla:
    I don't mind a genie heal at the end of a duel right before it ends to avoid charm tick - and I never made a comment on healing pots. And I do duel with full chi - it's understood on both sides before the duel starts.

To Miz:
    I don't have a fail genie - I'm saying that duels are usually done W/O genies. And if you can't win a duel without it, it means you're dependent on it and can't utilize your own class skills on their own - I know several people who can't survive in a duel without holy path+ToP - which is truly pathetic imo. This is what I am criticizing. And this completely turns your argument - people who are completely dependent on genies use them to cover up their failness because they can't survive with their own germane skills. Sure you can amp with Spark after undine - that doesn't change much in a duel when undine's already nerfed your def - so do it. Lastly, if you're going to make a mature argumentative post, don't use "GTFO." Makes you look like a fool.
    Use your 'perfect genie' in pking - the goals are different. Goal of pking is to kill. Goal of dueling is to compare skills (dueling w/o a genie shows a lot more skill).
    Note: If both players agree to using a genie before the duel, THAT is ok.

To Witch (also applies to Miz):
    I'm sure you wouldn't want someone using Abs domain, or Holy pathing away right after you sutra'd, or even holy pathing after you've got glacial slow on them. Or healing w/ second wind, or even using expel if you were some melee class user. All the above skills are not damage-dealing. (Note: I have had experience w/ people who ACTUALLY use these skills in duels).
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Healing and heavy damaging are the only ones I have a real problem with, although it was hilarious to watch two barbs dueling in tiger form, invoking and ToPing.

Holy path is hilarious in duels. After TheMac hit sage he was determined to try his sage spark on me, so as soon as he sparked I holy pathed away and we spent a good 10-20 minutes fighting around arch. I finally beat him in the pool below the warsoul forge. He never dueled me again after that :(

If people tell me not to use genies I'll just sky kite them, once they tell me not to fly then I'll ground kite them, if they ***** about that then I'll just ignore them.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
    edited April 2010
    I ground kite all the time :P, but without holy path, just distance shrink.
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    cool story bro b:bye
    so u beat a random nub wizzie O.o u want a trophy and tv show to go with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Zuunu - Heavens Tear
    Zuunu - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    cool story bro b:bye
    so u beat a random nub wizzie O.o u want a trophy and tv show to go with that?

*High fives* Nice. b:thanks
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    post 89 its really no biggy, if you have full chi

Robe+ LA user: Undine + Sutra + FoW + Gush + BT = profit, if not dead, another gush does the trick xD, i actually use it when pking, get them to at least 60% hp and BT for death b:victory.

Barbs are way too much for me >.> but 2 spark + sutra is cool.

BMs are the same as barbs so meh.

havn't dueled a lot, more pvp though. duels aren't really that worthy.

Using genies is aight, not pots though XD, but u can sleep + sutra heal once and do ur stuff if ur low on hp and u have distance. b:surrender
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."