Why are some posts closed and others deleted?

////III - Harshlands3
////III - Harshlands3 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Hi all, I made a post recently pondering about new PvP server (please don't flame me, that's not the main idea of this post) and it was deleted. There was another post pondering the exact same thing and was simply closed. I was just wondering is there a protocol in which posts to close and which to delete? If you have time to close posts you must have time for a quick response mods, ty :P

anyway here is the other post that was simply closed
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=690152

and obviously i cant access the deleted post but i can assure u it was deleted :P
Post edited by ////III - Harshlands3 on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Probably deleted because you acknowledged that a mod would close it, which shows that you know it shouldn't have been posted in the first place and didn't really need an explanation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    this has been happening frequently, i alrdy made a thread about it. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=691902
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • ////III - Harshlands3
    edited April 2010
    so, based on what ur saying Dyskrasia, correct me if im wrong but it's the other poster's ignorance and stupidity that saved his post from being deleted??

In that case...let me get my stupid look on.

finger crossed "please dont close this please dont close this"
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Nah it is not deleted, it is moved into the X-Zone where nobody ever heard of it again.
    Seriously, if you load the forum page just when the mod just move it to the X-Zone you will see the thread appear as "Moved", but if you try to open it it will just said you don't have permission. If you try again later it will say it does not exist.
    The reason why it is delete: GM IS BOTTING!!! :O
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lol... what I said wasn't fact :P but if I had to guess that's what I'd go with. But obviously if someone seems unaware that there's something wrong with their thread, they're most likely going to get an explanation. If it looks like they already know that their post is going to be closed/deleted, I wouldn't waste my time telling them why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • ////III - Harshlands3
    edited April 2010
    icic that makes more sense. be great to get a moderator's voice on this though. it seems that they are too busy deleting. i guess thats the meaning of the word "irony".
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lol... what I said wasn't fact :P but if I had to guess that's what I'd go with. But obviously if someone seems unaware that there's something wrong with their thread, they're most likely going to get an explanation. If it looks like they already know that their post is going to be closed/deleted, I wouldn't waste my time telling them why.

Thing is there wasn't anything wrong with his thread, because he was informing people, and making something convenient for GM's, when they check like he said. I mean I understand if they say,"Sorry I'm closing this." But just bombing a innocent thread I don't see often.
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Then why were my 2 threads closed, when i explained at the beginning that I was attempting to gather evidence into one thread so that any GM that logs on tomorrow could see evidence, from the players, what designs might have been plagiarized. In my second attempt, i put a request (was within the first three sentences) for a GM/Mod to sent my a reason if they deleted my second thread.
  • ////III - Harshlands3
    edited April 2010
    censorship ftw?

dont think an online gaming forum is an appropriate place to activate our 1st amendment freedom of press abilities >.<

mods dont take me wrong im not complaining or anything. at this point i am utterly filled with curiosity to know if you are a human being or a computer program. i swear on my grandfather's grave that it is all i want to know at this point, no sarcasm whatsoever
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    I'm tempted at this point to make a thread for the stolen images again.
    Or if it was posted in a thread that it'd get nuked.
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    mayhaps u'll have better luck then me.
  • ////III - Harshlands3
    edited April 2010
    lol nuked :P

based on what atros what sayin apparently if u post anything like that (he did twice) they get removed without a word.
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    lock incoming? btw, its because its seen as spam
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    lock incoming?
    EDIT:
    How is alerting people that things were stolen spam. That's ridiculous.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    today there was a wild lvl 100 spamming the general discussion page and the mod got scared and didnt know what to do so they deleted it all and then i guess the mod got delete-happy lol
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    good old (not gonna name), it didn't seem like something he'd post normally tho, i wonder if someone **** him
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you have a concern regarding a thread move/deletion etc please utilise the pm function of this board or send a ticket to Customer Support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.