Need help with the Auction House please

neyjour
neyjour Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
For the last few days I've been trying to figure out how to use the Auction House. I've also looked at a couple guides/tutorials, but they pretty much just list what each function is and don't really go into any detail of how to use them. I really need some help please! I've used Auction Houses before in WoW and **** and had no trouble at all figuring out how to use them, but this one is making me feel extremely ****. :(

1) What exactly is "ID" number? What is it's purpose? And how do you figure out what the ID number of an item is? When I mouse-over an item in my inventory I don't see anything that indicates an ID number.

2) How do you pull up all items of the same type in the main auction window? For example, I want to look at all "Helmets" to compare level, price, etc. But all I've been able to figure out how to do is pull up a single item. And is the "Use Filter" button broken? When I select an item and click it, nothing pops up in the main auction window. Although I accidentally found out that double left-clicking works.

3) What are the numbers in brackets before the name of an item? I thought that indicated how many of a particular item was up for sale, but after pulling them up in the main auction window, the numbers don't match.

4) How on earth do you use the search function in the filter window? It only allows a max of 10 characters and that's not nearly enough to type in the name of most items. Also, I tried just entering in a short word (eg. "Sword") and nothing came up, even though there are many items listed with "Sword" in the name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    neyjour wrote: »
    For the last few days I've been trying to figure out how to use the Auction House. I've also looked at a couple guides/tutorials, but they pretty much just list what each function is and don't really go into any detail of how to use them. I really need some help please! I've used Auction Houses before in WoW and **** and had no trouble at all figuring out how to use them, but this one is making me feel extremely ****. :(

1) What exactly is "ID" number? What is it's purpose? And how do you figure out what the ID number of an item is? When I mouse-over an item in my inventory I don't see anything that indicates an ID number.

2) How do you pull up all items of the same type in the main auction window? For example, I want to look at all "Helmets" to compare level, price, etc. But all I've been able to figure out how to do is pull up a single item. And is the "Use Filter" button broken? When I select an item and click it, nothing pops up in the main auction window. Although I accidentally found out that double left-clicking works.

3) What are the numbers in brackets before the name of an item? I thought that indicated how many of a particular item was up for sale, but after pulling them up in the main auction window, the numbers don't match.

4) How on earth do you use the search function in the filter window? It only allows a max of 10 characters and that's not nearly enough to type in the name of most items. Also, I tried just entering in a short word (eg. "Sword") and nothing came up, even though there are many items listed with "Sword" in the name.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/advinfo/auction_house
    Go to the above link and read 1st.If u still have any questions,then ask.It shld answer most of your questions.
  • neyjour
    edited April 2010
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/advinfo/auction_house
    Go to the above link and read 1st.If u still have any questions,then ask.It shld answer most of your questions.

Thanks for the link, but it doesn't answer any of my questions.
  • Buknoybobo - Sanctuary
    Buknoybobo - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2010

1.)the ID NO.-well if you see a good item but can't decide if you really want it,then you can copy the ID NO. and come back later,use it on the search to view that item again.
    2.)How do you pull up all of the same type in the main auction window-well click helmets and browse over them,pick the name of the helmet you want and there all done.
    3.)What are the numbers in brackets before the name of an item-if the item is an equipment then it indicates the level you can wear that item.
    4.)How on earth do you use the search function-answered in NO. 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SUPAH TINEH SUPAH SLAM!!!b:angry
    my keyboard is broken so if there are any wrong spellings then just try to understad them
  • neyjour
    edited April 2010
    1.)the ID NO.-well if you see a good item but can't decide if you really want it,then you can copy the ID NO. and come back later,use it on the search to view that item again.
    2.)How do you pull up all of the same type in the main auction window-well click helmets and browse over them,pick the name of the helmet you want and there all done.
    3.)What are the numbers in brackets before the name of an item-if the item is an equipment then it indicates the level you can wear that item.
    4.)How on earth do you use the search function-answered in NO. 1

1) Okay, I see. Thanks.

2) So there's no way to bring up all the Helmets in the main auction window to compare their prices, etc.? You can only view one item at a time?

3) Thanks!

4) So there's no way to search for an item by it's name? Everything has to be done by ID number? Or by navigating through the menus and sub-menus, then scrolling through the lists to find what you're looking for. That's really messed up... :(

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear, but I do appreciate it. :)
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The name of item are fixed. So anything you can search with name, you can search with filter.
  • Baruna - Lost City
    Baruna - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010

1. The ID number is the number of the auction so you can tell apart two different auctions which auction the same type of item. You can "Favorite" auctions too in order to be able to come back later and see those items under "My Favorites" tab.

2. When you say "pull", you don't mean pulling items from your inventory into the Auction window, right?
    When you want to filter items in order to compare prices: click "Filter items", a window pops up, browse Armor --> Helmets for example and choose (double-click) and helmet for the lvl you are interested in. The window closes and the helmets for that lvl auctioned right now should appear in the main window. If nothing comes up, there are likely no items of that type offered at the moment.

The rest has been already answered.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Regarding your fourth question:
    You can only search by name IN CHINESE. The thread Auction House: Search Filters lists a few that you can use by copy-pasting, but in general the search option is useless.