Any way play w/out Broadband?

mirandam
mirandam Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Support Desk
I'm out of town and on a laptop vs at home with my faithful PC that does have Broadband. I tried DLing and Installing PWI on this comp but have discovered I do not have Broadband at this location. Is there anyway to play without Broadband? Or must I wait til I return back to my handy dandy PC?

Appreciate any help. I'm not exactly technically inclined.

Thanks!
Post edited by mirandam on

Comments

• Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I can play on a wireless connection quite well, if you can find one :).
  • mirandam
    edited April 2010
    I am actually on wireless, but after I finally got the game Dled and installed on this computer, I could click the shortcut/desktop icon and the Start screen would come up. Both bars would be fine, Start button would orange so I would click it. Then the Update Server screen would pop up. I clicked all and tried both Patch 1 and 2. It would just take me back to the Start screen to do it over and over and over again. I know that there is no broadband on this computer or location so I was wondering if that was what the problem is.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Hm, sounds unusual. I would recommend downloading the patch through the website and then manually updating the client - maybe that will work?
  • mirandam
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I tried that as well. Then I submitted a help ticket and was told to uninstall and then try downloading again, however, out here in the boonies with Satellite, it takes approximately 12 hours to DL. So . . . yeah, just going to give up on it and wait til I get back to my PC to play. Oh well, I should be able to survive with out PWI for a few days! lol
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Ah sorry to hear it takes so long ><. Have fun anyway!
This discussion has been closed.