Options
    archer>pvp, cleric>pve
    When axes aren't enough, use Kung Fu

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ewen - Harshlands
    Ewen - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hard to compare almost completely different classes. I myself chose cleric over archer (yes, I was thinking about an archer too), because I found out that its easier to find a squad for bhs and stuff as a cleric. I also never liked the idea of buying arrows (they're cheap, but anyways, they could run out in bad places..).

The advantages for archer might be higher damage, longer range and the fact that they do ok damage even without skills -> less mp is consumed. For cleric the advantages might be easy squading, damage is not decrased when the target is next to you and that you actually can help people b:victory Disadvantages.. well, for cleric its obviously the MP cost and for archer (imo) the need of arrows and the damage decrase when the target comes too close.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me. Seems that the forums change the quality of the picture a bit. b:sad
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    archer>flirting, cleric>dancing
  • blackmaster379
    blackmaster379 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    xswex123 wrote: »
    what's best?

Depends on your Game-Style...

If u like support people and healing, then you're a Cleric.
    If u like dealing great DamagePerSecond and do PVP, then you're an Archer.

Also: There is no "Best Class" in PWI.
    Every Class has his good sides and bad sides.

Try reading guides.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!" ~ Kephras - HeavensTear.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    archer>pvp, cleric>pve

You need both of them for TW though.There is a big difference as to who the best is Archers are good at doing their thing and Cleric are good at doing theirs.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    what's best?

If there was a ''best'' class then there would be no reason for the other to exist now would there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oliedaking
    oliedaking Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Archer is good for pvp and deals high damage, it can also be the most expensive

cleric is good pve and deals high damage - it is more sustainable using less pots etc. so it is also cheaper however it sucks at pvp
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oliedaking wrote: »

cleric is good pve and deals high damage - it is more sustainable using less pots etc. so it is also cheaper however it sucks at pvp

lol? The only accurate part of this post is that EA's do high damage.... EP's are way more expensive and in no way suck at PvP. Actually it's quite the opposite. It's the idiot EP's that just sit there and tank hits that suck, not the class itself.

EDIT: You're a lvl57 EA based on your post in another thread. You really shouldn't be commenting on PvP at your level...
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Depends on how much money you're going to spend on the game. If it's 5k USD+, go archer; otherwise, cleric.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *sigh* theres no such thing as a best class. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Choze - Dreamweaver
    Choze - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong.....

Archers cost nowhere near as much as clerics to play. Archers also see a limited window where the are good at pvp (both low and high lvls they get pwned). And contrary to people's belief, clerics can pvp, it just requires a bit of skill and practice.

Archer = cheap, but growing quite rare so you'll still get groups

Cleric = you'll always be broke, but you'll also always be wanted/usefull.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Archers are actually more reliant on their gear since they have low-damage skills and low defense.

LA is the worst armor in the game since you have to waste twice as many points on STR as you have to with Arcane and LA has the lowest total defense (mag resist + phys def).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Choze, I disagree. I haven't been broke since like....level 20. And if you look at the -interval gear an archer can get...well, it's not "cheap."
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If it's 5k USD+, go archer; otherwise, cleric.

If you're spending more than 2k USD, any class will be pretty amazing. With that kind of spending, I'd say claw/fist BM or veno to be honest.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • OHa - Heavens Tear
    OHa - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If you're spending more than 2k USD, any class will be pretty amazing. With that kind of spending, I'd say claw/fist BM or veno to be honest.

Or you could spend 2 k toward Wizzie and 1 shot Claw BM for lulz b:laugh
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    @Michael_dark: what I kind of had in mind with that money was the rank 8 chest, which gives another .1 interval. While the -6 channel from the cleric rank 8 chest is obviously good, esp. with its other stats...I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about.

And given the choice between archer or bm with that kind of money, I would definitely go with bm. But that discussion is beyond the scope of this thread b:surrender
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    what's best?

Neither one. Dont make an at all elf if you wanna be "best".

If you want high spike dmg make a wizard instead of a cleric. If you want the highest dps make a fist BM instead of archer.

If you wanna be best at sneaking up and pking squishy classes make an assassin.

If you just wanna be the strongest class 1v1 and badass in general and **** in everyone in pvp make a demon barb. If you're poor and still wanna be strong in pvp, and only spend 200-250 USD on the game, and make a nix owner.

Clerics and archers are kinda all around decent, but not really best at anything, beside clerics being the best support class.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Or you could spend 2 k toward Wizzie and 1 shot Claw BM for lulz b:laugh

If you're only gonna spend $2k you're not gonna one-shot a claw bm.
    @Michael_dark: what I kind of had in mind with that money was the rank 8 chest, which gives another .1 interval. While the -6 channel from the cleric rank 8 chest is obviously good, esp. with its other stats...I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about.

And given the choice between archer or bm with that kind of money, I would definitely go with bm. But that discussion is beyond the scope of this thread b:surrender

If you can afford Rank 8, go mage, definitely.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Clerics and archers are kinda all around decent, but not really best at anything, beside clerics being the best support class.

I would say Cleric are great at keeping others alive and Archers are great a pinning things down maybe some conditions viscous and serregated.These two are designed to do two separate things not the same.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • OHa - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If you're only gonna spend $2k you're not gonna one-shot a claw bm.

If you can afford Rank 8, go mage, definitely.

By the way how much would it cost to get to rank 8 ( in terms of $ ) ? That seems like a lot of rep , 200 k b:sad
    edited April 2010
    Options
    By the way how much would it cost to get to rank 8 ( in terms of $ ) ? That seems like a lot of rep , 200 k b:sad

Between 2-3k USD.... that's not even including refines either.
  • OHa - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Between 2-3k USD.... that's not even including refines either.

Thanks ... OUCH
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    when it comes to clerics and PvP, there are alot of advantages such as debuffs, freeze, sleep, mag damage, phy damag, buffs, heal. However, there is no "win" combo or skill. Its a matter of shifting the fight to your advantage and proper timing.

In PvE its the same thing albiet at a different pace. In dungeons, you have to think actively all the time. there's no auto attack or macro for good clericing.

In terms of money, clerics make it fast with proper technique. I AOE poison mobs and earn money at a rate of 400k an hour. MP used to be a big issue for clerics a year a go. However with the market being bloated with tokens, MP is hardly an issue anymore.

Clerics can be a good class to play, but they are not easy.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    there is no "win" combo

Sleep > mdef break > triple spark >extreme poison > tempest

I thought that was pretty much the typical cleric combo. Unless you're Kelbin or LaTrappe, that's pretty much what every cleric will attempt.
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Also: There is no "Best Class" in PWI.

thats a lie apparently veno with herc is win and on pvp veno with nix is win too :P
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sleep > mdef break > triple spark >extreme poison > tempest

I thought that was pretty much the typical cleric combo. Unless you're Kelbin or LaTrappe, that's pretty much what every cleric will attempt.

Wouldn't mdef break will remove sleep? Just asking never have a mid level cleric.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

That is one of the dumbest comments I've ever read. I can cast two spells and kill the average archer my level +/- 5. One to to bust their puny shell and one to kill them. In a clerics v. archer duel it comes down to who attacks first. If I'm ambushed, and the archer is using a decent weapon I might die before using Guardian Light or buffering their damage with enough healing. But prepared clerics most certainly do not suck in PvP.

Both classes are extremely useful in squads. Clerics perhaps more so (healing, reviving, purifying). However archers are helpful too (drawing Argo away from casters, majorly debuffing bosses, high damage).

Both classes are very powerful in PvP as well. They have decent "control" skills (clerics: sleep, freeze | archers: freeze, stun, seal(?)). Both deal very high damage (Clerics: magical and physical attacks, overwhelming power from high level spells | Archers: huge range, fast attack speed, high critical rates).

ilystah wrote: »
    Wouldn't mdef break will remove sleep? Just asking never have a mid level cleric.
    Debuffs don't wake up people you've put to sleep. Feel free to cast as many seals and genie-debuffs as you like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    archer FTW
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    cleric FTW
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    >.>
    <.<
    both classes ftw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2