Project Fashion Male Winners! Final Poll!

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
main_details_banner_projectfashion_022310.jpg

After going receiving close to 2000 submissions, parsing the total down to a serviceable 300, cutting those down to a top 20 per gender, and working with 12 different judges, we are finally down to a top 5 fashions for each gender!

All 10 creators of these fashions will receive one Wardrobe Stone as well as one entire fashion set (headwear, top, bottom, and shoes) of their choice from the Boutique!

We are now in the final stage of this contest - the forum poll!

Remember, whichever design (one per gender) gets the most votes in one week will be considered the winner of the event, and will win the

Grand Prize of 10,000 ZEN!

The polls will close Friday April 16th at 6pm Pacific!

First up: Male fashions!
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• frankieraye
    edited April 2010
    Design A

Zblackjacksetsmall.jpg

Design B

ZDesign045small.jpg

Design C

ZMaleBASet.jpg
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2010
    Design D

Zmensmall.jpg

Design E

ZNinja.jpg

Good luck to all!
  • Roxiann - Heavens Tear
    Roxiann - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I love design C. Nice work whoever did C!

The male designs are actually alot better then the females.
    Lvl 7x Cleric
    Lvl 3x Veno
    Lvl 3X Archer

Its just a game ^^
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    "A" is acceptable.

"B" is ok but similiar to what we already have

"C" is laughably bad.

"D" and "E" are pretty lousy, but kids would buy them so I'm sure they will do well. Actually "E' looks like someone just cut out a random google search picture of a ninja and turned it in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver
    _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    son of a magnum! please, judges show your face! what was the judgment based on? uglyness or coloring?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Prepare for a phantasmagoric panoply of magical powers!
    Your abilities will be mine!
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    "A" is acceptable.

"B" and "C" are laughably bad.

"D" and "E" are pretty lousy, but kids would buy them so I'm sure they will do well.

I had to agree with all of this.

Well maybe not for C as such. C looked okay and yet... it seems so lacking I'm not sure how you can tell the pieces of fash apart.

D I kinda liked actually, but I don't know if a monster arm counts as fashion. Cool design but I don't really think it worked for the contest. However, that same monster arm is really going to appeal to the guys who wanted "badass" fash for guys on the game.

E I just snorted at. Honestly, that was one of the best designs? Methinks not. It's also a fashion set that wouldn't work for barbs. Headgear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Revoltech - Lost City
    Revoltech - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    D I kinda liked actually, but I don't know if a monster arm counts as fashion. Cool design but I don't really think it worked for the contest. However, that same monster arm is really going to appeal to the guys who wanted "badass" fash for guys on the game.

I want the monster arm b:laugh. I hate that there aren't enough "badass" fash for males in the game...
    edited April 2010
    Methinks not. It's also a fashion set that wouldn't work for barbs. Headgear.

Has PWE ever even pretended to care about things like that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Has PWE ever even pretended to care about things like that?

Point taken.

But I still can't help but to let my heart bleed for the barbarians in this. They're getting such the bad end of the stick. [And like they need a monster arm anyway when they're giant anthropomorphic beasts. >.> ]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    I won't hide the fact that (and I'm gonna get hounded for this) I DON'T support the true form movement. Not for a second. . .

But the fact that the devs are really THAT lazy that the can't program in some simple **** so the barbs can wear headgear? That just goes into my every growing "PWE Genuinely Doesn't Care Aboubt PWI" file.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ninja plz....... i have a Sin i haven't leveled yet lol XD

D kinda looks more like a Vampire or something....... honestly i think PW should give the guy who made that some free gold and keep it for Forsaken World that's coming out. It'd fit perfect. lol
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    I won't hide the fact that (and I'm gonna get hounded for this) I DON'T support the true form movement. Not for a second. . .

But the fact that the devs are really THAT lazy that the can't program in some simple **** so the barbs can wear headgear? That just goes into my every growing "PWE Genuinely Doesn't Care Aboubt PWI" file.

I don't support the true form movement either. Know why?
    TRUE FORM. How obvious does it need to be that the barb's TRUE form is a tiger? They even called it that. If anything, I'd support a venomancer "True Form" drive, because at least they don't have their animal form named True Form.

Not that I'm saying it wouldn't be cool to have giant wolves around, but there is a reason it's called True Form and not Tiger Form in game.

And yeah, agree on the second. I admit there's some headgear that wouldn't make sense on a barb [ninja headgear, anybody? Final design here, anybody? -acough-] but there's some fashion I'd love to see on barbs. Like... a barb in a beret. I would love to see a barb in a beret.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelloprime - Heavens Tear
    Nelloprime - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If they were gonna use a generic ninja design for this, I wish they would've used my generic ninja design. In fact, the only reason I sent an entry in at all was because I figured they were due for a ninja design.
    edited April 2010
    Methinks I like the way your mind works, young Airyll . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    that's yours? it's perfect for a sin man, not bad at all.
  • Nelloprime - Heavens Tear
    Nelloprime - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    that's yours? it's perfect for a sin man, not bad at all.

If that was directed at me: No, that's not mine. Mine was less generic ninja, and more Strider Hiryu. Though that's still pretty generic, I suppose.

If that wasn't directed at me, disregard this post.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    oh you said u wish they WOULD HAVE used yours.... lol my bad.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I could have sworn that I saw Much better selections on the Fashion Contest Thread>_>..

... these all seem kinda "erf" to me>_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    D FTW then ......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Ryoku_ - Dreamweaver
    Ryoku_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    -.-; you gotta be kidding me D is winning -.-; thats just stupid thats one fashion i wont be buying and hell i own alot of fashion -.-;
  • losstarot
    losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I like how all the fashioned are ripped off from certain characters and that D is ripped from the character I'm named after (although it's a shame I didn't submit it).
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What happened to choice F?

Option F:None of the above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Damn, third page.

Well, voicing my displeasure anyway, and NOT because my design isn't up there.
    To clarify:
    -Not upset that I lost - rather, upset that I look at these designs (C and E, in particular) and think "I lost to THAT?"
    -Props to PWE, Frankie & the other GMs for having an event where we can pick winners, instead of some faceless jury.
    -Because as seen above, and with the previous screenshot contest, the "faceless jury" of PWE HQ has demonstrated a remarkable lack of taste and judgment in these things.

...I was going to go through and pick apart each design, but frankly - I'm wasting my time. Just like the screenshots picks from last month, the winners are the winners, yay for them. But Frankie? You guys really need to find better judges on this stuff.

EDIT: Not voting. No matter what we pick, we get the shaft again.
    EDIT2: Oh, by the way? We've already got a Ninja set coming out.
    Ninja TB. How about that.
    EDIT3: Yes, made a third one.
  • Aliceaelin - Sanctuary
    Aliceaelin - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't like ANY of them. Kephras's design was better than these. b:infuriated

edit: right, and A looks similarly like this or this boring...boring...boring
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AliceAelin.deviantart.com
  • Uosa - Heavens Tear
    Uosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A = Hipster Bartender (ie: the Tait Nucleus)

The ninja is actually a pretty cool idea.
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm sorry, but out of 2000 entries we only had 5 entries for male outfits I guess?

I havent submitted anything, cause I can't draw/photoshop for ****, but man how bad are these designs....

There have GOT to have been better entries then this, I was actually looking forward to this, on the chance of gettting some not-so-asian fashion for us guys, but I will never buy any of thisb:sad
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Balthier:
    I am a bit disappointed my Valiant set wasn't one of the 5, but I'm not terribly surprised either. Barbs aren't allowed to have hairstyles, and I suppose pointing out a feasible way it could be done was just shooting myself in the foot.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    like Keph of course i am disappointed that my submission didnt even make it to a vote but that those that did are pretty meh... I also so many better in the fashion contest thread.

first one is so similar to existing "business" suit type as to perhaps be an option for pick and mix fashion.. 2nd choice reminds me of the superstar fashion with extra coverage. C is okay, D is interesting at least in its design.. as for D.. ok ninjas are meant for stealth etc.. but could it be any plainer. its not like anywhere in pwi gets dark enough that you would blend in the shadows wearing that..

me.. i had high hopes for some new interesting fashions.. guess i should never have hope where pwi is involved these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A: The overall design is quite nice, but lacking in imagination. More plain trousers for the guys? Another shirt and tie option? Just kinda screams meh!
    B: Bit too similar to the Helmsley fashion already available. T-bar shoes are a bit girly for my tastes too. There are a few nice details giving it more of a biker look though.
    C: Reminds me of the male vampire set, recently released. Only a less "rubbery" version (trying to keep it clean). I'm sure most guys would love to have fashion that was mostly black, and so this would probably prove quite popular were it to be released. However, it lacks finer detail and is a bit plain looking.
    D: Saw this and thought "Devil may cry" - I assume that's where the demonised hand thing came from. I don't see this fashion working in game - the hand wouldn't work with weapons and would look plain wrong on barb classes. I also couldn't even begin to imagine lime green, or fuschia pink version of this set!
    E: Bit of a cop-out really. I agree with the comments about barbs and head-gear - how would this work? Actually, any class other than humans - would elf ninjas have little feathers sticking out of their hats? Fish people have gills showing? Etc etc. Lacks imagination.

The set I'd least oppose to seeing in game would be C. Though a more refined (and less vampire set copy) version of this.

Sorry if my comments offend, but they are my thoughts on the designs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm guessing the "judges" chose the sets based on their resemblance with already planned fashion sets.wmgjhz%20(11).gif

Either way, I won't be wearing any of these.wmgjhz%20(3).gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
This discussion has been closed.