New Item: Perfect Horn UPDATE

Comments

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    if they are so freaking worried about losing business, they should look at the numbers of players who are NOT playing or who have left, because of the PeeHorn. I think the business they would have had from them, potential buyers of the new fashion (which i would have bought, were i playing) and the new tiger pack (which i would loved to have been able to get....***WANT*** that tiger in the WORST way! ^o^) would make difference in their decision to run and yank out that damn item.

I'd have thought this would be an emergancy seeing as a lot of ppl are staying away from the game (me included) some due to having young eyes around them and not being able to filter what is seen & happening on their screens at any one time dont forget the game is only T rated and from the wording ive seen shouted out on the horns it goes way far beyond T rated

For the sake of shutting the game down for a few hrs yeah ok maybe 24hrs they would rather risk a much more severe penalty? its their own fault if this happens for not thinking b4 implementing such a system its not our fault or our familys or younger players faults.

I c it from their business point of viewas well and i would have thought they would have been worried too because its only gonna take a handful of complaints in the right direction and PWE are gonna be kicking themselfs its T rated licensed for a reason its no joke when some imbeciles dont think about what they are shouting out on horns and for PWE to have given them the power to be doing so well massive Facepalm b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    if they are so freaking worried about losing business, they should look at the numbers of players who are NOT playing or who have left, because of the PeeHorn. I think the business they would have had from them, potential buyers of the new fashion (which i would have bought, were i playing) and the new tiger pack (which i would loved to have been able to get....***WANT*** that tiger in the WORST way! ^o^) would make difference in their decision to run and yank out that damn item.

I actually feel a trifle dirty leaping to PWI's defense (yes, the horns were ill-conceived and malign), but at least they're slated for removal. Having worked on an MMO previous to coming here, I believe it when the GMs stated it's a little more complicated than "Okay, this goes away now." **** around with data on a live server can have some ill, and often unexpected consequences if you goof up in even the slightest way.

It does suck that we've gotta wait a week (okay, half a week now) for them to be removed, but the knowledge they're going makes it tolerable.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I actually feel a trifle dirty leaping to PWI's defense (yes, the horns were ill-conceived and malign), but at least they're slated for removal. Having worked on an MMO previous to coming here, I believe it when the GMs stated it's a little more complicated than "Okay, this goes away now." **** around with data on a live server can have some ill, and often unexpected consequences if you goof up in even the slightest way.

It does suck that we've gotta wait a week (okay, half a week now) for them to be removed, but the knowledge they're going makes it tolerable.

I have to add as well that this is a step in the right direction. I was almost certain that PWI wouldn't do anything about this, maybe acknowledge that they could be better and then leave them in. I'm sure some of these posts, especially the ones that have weathered all the packs and sales, had the same opinion. But they're doing something, which is better than I would have expected, and more than they've done in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    To be honest when it went down everywhere all I once I assumed they pulled the plug on Perfect World.

Looks like I assumed wrong huh?
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have to add as well that this is a step in the right direction. I was almost certain that PWI wouldn't do anything about this, maybe acknowledge that they could be better and then leave them in. I'm sure some of these posts, especially the ones that have weathered all the packs and sales, had the same opinion. But they're doing something, which is better than I would have expected, and more than they've done in the past.

This . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • KillaKiya - Sanctuary
    KillaKiya - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Sure i understand this i am a reasonable person but its rather annoying and very irresponsible that it happened in the first place its like giving a 5 yr old a fog horn in the middle of a supermarket then telling them not to use it..... u just know whats gonna happen!!!

As for them then telling myself and others to ss and report any rudeness/misuse on WC/horns after experiencing this due to their irresponsibility mmmm... what can i say, my response has to be a company thats rolling in $190+ mil a yr cant afford to employ a moderator for WC (seem to have enuf mods here on forums) or even ppl with enough intelliegance to realise a badly designed idea when one crops up? surely u must look at all good and bad points and weigh up pros and cons when changing something like the overal chat systems?

Under the circumstances im just not sure its worth risking going back onto the game until this is sorted so the sooner the better for meand others like me after all isnt everyone else enjoying a 2x exp/drops? which means for those not being able to go to the game because of what is happening arent they the ones missing out?
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Under the circumstances im just not sure its worth risking going back onto the game until this is sorted so the sooner the better for meand others like me after all isnt everyone else enjoying a 2x exp/drops? which means for those not being able to go to the game because of what is happening arent they the ones missing out?

Not logging in is your own choice, and if you forfeit your chances at 2x anything, that is also your decision.
    I understand Horn spam is frustrating, really I do. And I think HT we've got only a very MILD case of it compared to what other servers might be suffering. I'm merely pointing out that electing not to log in is not PWE's fault, even if your reasons for not doing so are.
  • Random_ - Dreamweaver
    Random_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Can't agree with this more. Exactly what I thought would happen/what I think about them taking it out even a week later.
    Lvl7xBM||Lvl6xHAWizzie||Lvl6xVeno||Lvl6x'sin||Lvl5xCleric
    LA Fox-Veno, Psy, Pure Wizzie, LA Wizzie, HA 'sin, and Barb in the works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Playin' since April of '09
  • KillaKiya - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Not logging in is your own choice, and if you forfeit your chances at 2x anything, that is also your decision.
    I understand Horn spam is frustrating, really I do. And I think HT we've got only a very MILD case of it compared to what other servers might be suffering. I'm merely pointing out that electing not to log in is not PWE's fault, even if your reasons for not doing so are.

Fair comment and one i accept fully but what about all the kids loosing out whose parents have banned them from playing the T rated game becos of this?
  • KillaKiya - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010

Im pretty sure what with all the swearing and sexually explicit conversations on Horn convos that cannot be filtered they have no choice but to do something about it on next patch due to licencing regulations its not like its something that is just bought it effects the whole population on pwi there is no way for the stuff to be filtered away from young eyes
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What part of that did you not get. yes they can add remove things without the server down IF they scheduled it with the last down time. All sales, added items ect are all set in motion at the last down time. The only way to remove this item would to be have a downtime as it is not a scheduled removal. On Tuesday they did not have any plans to remove it.

That is why the duke rose set had to bring the server down when it had to be removed suddenly. and with it it HAD to be removed every second it was left was a second more damage it was doing to the economy. While annoying and i hate them these horns are not going to destroy the game like that issue so dont really warrant a unscheduled downtime imo

Um i just woke up ..... but what the hell? WHAT downtime? If they don't need to shut anything down to put things in the boutique or take them out, there IS no downtime cause the servers don't go down. You're bringing up a example of duke rose that's completely different. They HAD to shut it down then to remove the code that made the duke shout. I'm not exactly sure how the boutique works but like i said before they've already put in packs and taken them out before w/o shutting us down....

I'd like to point out that i don't really care one way or the other anymore.. hel it's friday already. 4 more days they'll be gone.... but then we got the people hoarding them to sell anyway....
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    Varscona - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ^ you have no idea what you're talking about

read what she said again and make sense of it. Duke Rose set was fashion that sold for millions of coins to npc by a bug, thus it was destroying the economy. There was an emergency maintenance to get rid of it.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    I have no idea what i'm talking about? Well neither does she to be honest. No one knows exactly how the boutique works. But considering the fact they DO NOT need to shut the servers down to change the boutique leads me to believe they could've done this from day one.

Edit: oh umm she said duke rose SET? the fashion? lol thought she said the Duke as in Duke Black.... told you i just woke up..... i don't know what happened then but u DO know they recently took coral packs and threw them in and out of the boutique w/o shutting us down don't you?
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Um i just woke up ..... but what the hell? WHAT downtime? If they don't need to shut anything down to put things in the boutique or take them out, there IS no downtime cause the servers don't go down. You're bringing up a example of duke rose that's completely different. They HAD to shut it down then to remove the code that made the duke shout. I'm not exactly sure how the boutique works but like i said before they've already put in packs and taken them out before w/o shutting us down....

I'd like to point out that i don't really care one way or the other anymore.. hel it's friday already. 4 more days they'll be gone.... but then we got the people hoarding them to sell anyway....

Slight correction. Back when...THAT incident happened, the coding of the PWI Client did not allow the GM's to remove any items from the Boutique while the server was live. That is why any new Cash Shop sales were put out during maintenance, as that was the only time the GM's could edit the item sales.

Nowadays, the coding has changed, and now the GM's are actually able to remove and add Boutique items even when the server is live. The probable reason behind them waiting until maintanence is slight fear of removing a hidden key component the Perfect Horns might be concealing, which might result in another Friday the 13th Duke Rose Incident.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    lol what happened with this duke rose set? i only came back recently a few months ago
    edited April 2010
    lol what happened with this duke rose set? i only came back recently a few months ago

A bug in the coding of the Duke Rose set (it was actually released a LOT earlier in PWI, but taken out due to the following bug, which is now fixed), allowed a certain manipluation of the fashion, which gave the player items that could be NPC'd for OUTRAGEOUS amounts of coin. Needless to say, it tsunami'd the economy very quickly, which resulted in an emergency shutdown and rollback of the servers. The funny part of all this; it was Friday the 13th...or close to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Lyzertt - Sanctuary
    Lyzertt - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    thank you for getting on top of this and planning the removal of horns...

however, as a 'better' world chat they do have a place in PWI. they cost more and therefore benefit the PW staff, and they are fancy... so for those that can afford them they are kinda cool; and they suggest user status, which can be handy while trading and such.

just make them World Chat only, or a feature that can be used in any Chat, but only one at a time... and only within the Chat that u can normally contribute to, not server wide!

i personally use the allowed 'color code ****' to make some Faction Chat or Squad Chat messages stand out. and the emotional additive of the Horns is kinda cool too BTW.

also, in the future, make sure features remain noninvasive, please.

and while u're at it, make a new type of non-important system message, so TW Bids and Statuses, and maybe Marriages, can be blocked in Faction/Squad Chat. For those of us uninterested they're just annoying. those messages are, after all, just system generated world chats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Myriad is now recruiting active players on the Sanctuary server, lvl 55+ pls.
    We have a forum, and we do regular FBs, TTs, and FCCs. PM me for invite.
    Or visit our website and submit an application @ myriad.guildlaunch.com
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    wow.... that's.... quite a bug Kona sheesh lol
    edited April 2010
    wow.... that's.... quite a bug Kona sheesh lol

You're tellin' me. I think that's the only time they actually had to do an "Emergency Server Shutdown".

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• wolfdog1
    wolfdog1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    the perfect horns need to go away they disrupt game play we turn off world and common chat in faction and squad chat so we are not flooded with chat clutter and nonsence so REMOVE THE STUPID HORNS ALREADY WILL YOU
    edited April 2010
    wolfdog1 wrote: »
    the perfect horns need to go away they disrupt game play we turn off world and common chat in faction and squad chat so we are not flooded with chat clutter and nonsence so REMOVE THE STUPID HORNS ALREADY WILL YOU

Patience is a virtue, friend. They've already said they will; a watched pot never boils, and all that...

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Slight correction. Back when...THAT incident happened, the coding of the PWI Client did not allow the GM's to remove any items from the Boutique while the server was live. That is why any new Cash Shop sales were put out during maintenance, as that was the only time the GM's could edit the item sales.

Nowadays, the coding has changed, and now the GM's are actually able to remove and add Boutique items even when the server is live. The probable reason behind them waiting until maintanence is slight fear of removing a hidden key component the Perfect Horns might be concealing, which might result in another Friday the 13th Duke Rose Incident.

look back to what frankie said earlier in this thread though
    Fox, do you remember the whole "Duke Rose" disaster from so long ago? The last time we removed an item from the cash shop for emergency reasons, it took a day-long maintenance, during which time the servers had to be taken down.

So before you call for us to do it again, please think of all the players who are willing to wait a week rather than lose an entire day of gaming.
    then this
    Those removals are scheduled, not emergency.

leads me to believe what i stated earlier it is planned and set up while the servers are down for weekly matience, if they have to remove something suddenly with no preplanning servers will have to come down.
    so basicly all the new coding did was allow them to set a time in teh future to add or remove an item, not allow them to make suden unplanned changes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    look back to what frankie said earlier in this thread though

then this

leads me to believe what i stated earlier it is planned and set up while the servers are down for weekly matience, if they have to remove something suddenly with no preplanning servers will have to come down.
    so basicly all the new coding did was allow them to set a time in teh future to add or remove an item, not allow them to make suden unplanned changes

That could very well, be the case. Nowadays, I tend to see it as a sort of coincidence. As before, there was a certain event..."Mount Madness", I believe it was called. It was an event where every hour, for five hours, a new mount would be immediately released into the Cash Shop, with no downtime or maintenance required.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Patience is a virtue, friend. They've already said they will; a watched pot never boils, and all that...

b:laugh

I watched a pot.... recover 5k of my MPb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That could very well, be the case. Nowadays, I tend to see it as a sort of coincidence. As before, there was a certain event..."Mount Madness", I believe it was called. It was an event where every hour, for five hours, a new mount would be immediately released into the Cash Shop, with no downtime or maintenance required.

yes i remember it but they knew before hand what mounts they were going to be doing, so again it was preplanned and set up. I might be wrong however just assuming, only they know for sure of course
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    I watched a pot.... recover 5k of my MPb:surrender

. . .

*facepalm*

...hahh...Fate...

b:embarrass
    yes i remember it but they knew before hand what mounts they were going to be doing, so again it was preplanned and set up. I might be wrong however just assuming, only they know for sure of course

...it's a conspiracy...

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Celestyna is correct.

Konari, the sale you're referring to would again be classified as the "scheduled" type.
    edited April 2010
    Celestyna is correct.

Konari, the sale you're referring to would again be classified as the "scheduled" type.

Ah...

...so that's how ya do it. Those "sudden" sales aren't so sudden after all...

b:sin

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• rebasack
    rebasack Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I dont understand the point of the horns to begin with, theres already telecoustics.
    Why not just modify the telecoustics to do the fancy fonts, colors etc and just put the smiley set in as a new smiley set?

and DEFINITLY make it so people can continue to filter out world chat if they choose.b:angry
  • Random_ - Dreamweaver
    Random_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    2009-09-2014-15-21.jpg

Just to show a progression of time+what exactly is forced into our private chats. >> Left my personal convo in to show there /was/ a conversation going on during this.

I know you're working on it, but during 'prime time' hours, it'l be just like this for the longest time. Since then it's been relatively silent, but, I also BL'd half the people (as well as my friend did) so I'm not sure if the spamming continued. A certain God of the Horns has also earned a permanent place on my list for being able to completely bump squad chat outta my box when it's normal sized.

This stuff is not banned in WC, so it's not gonna be bannable in horns...

After they're removed from the boutique, what are we gonna do about the rest of them, 'specially if people use them in half-half not-bannable but-still-annoying ways?

Also, my friend later said he keeps mistaking my messages for horns and horns for my messages. Like said before, this can happen to bosses and squads and factions and such...
    Lvl7xBM||Lvl6xHAWizzie||Lvl6xVeno||Lvl6x'sin||Lvl5xCleric
    LA Fox-Veno, Psy, Pure Wizzie, LA Wizzie, HA 'sin, and Barb in the works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Playin' since April of '09
This discussion has been closed.