Get rid of half naked women images on main pages/emails?

13»

Comments

• Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    and to think i once had a crush on u b:spit
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A rock can hurt a person, A persons IQ can't :D, ijs.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hurr I'm either a troll or a mental invalid

Reading a paragraph isn't a wall of text. The reason you come to a forum is to read, so either read or gtfo.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well maybe i dont wanna read the mindless **** that comes out of airylls fingers
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well maybe i dont wanna read the mindless **** that comes out of airylls fingers

The delicious irony.

Also "I can't believe i had a crush on you" lololololololol
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • SpiritReaver - Raging Tide
    SpiritReaver - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Just a little reminder, forums are for discussing, not arguing, I mean calm down ppl geez its just a game b:shutup
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Only about 10% of these forums are even directly related to the game anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    At work/scool you shouldn't be looking at them then. If I can open them in front of my grandmother, and her not go "that's ****" I'd say they're safe enough. (since none of you know her, or ever will, she finds just about everything to be ****, unsuitable. She's in her 70s and hates anything that reveals anything more than the neck and maybe arms (in women) I often can't watch TV around her without hearing the word "****" every 10 minutes or so. commercials, movies, tv shows (spanish ones especially). Websites, email. You name it, it offends her, but PWE emails don't) If you're that stuck on how unsafe it is for a child, as a parent, do your job and stop them from going to it. Why should we all suffer because you don't like your kid seeing it, or because you shouldn't be opening them at work/school anyway. What do you want, 70s women everywhere? I despise the look. I like my characters as they are now, and the site looks nice. Someone said the other sin was a domme, (*gasp* adult-ish reference) and they removed it for this ugly one, but you don't hear me complaining about it. Heck, let's make every character a block, just a little square, that should suit everyone who doesn't like the way this game is rated T(13+, for those in aussie it's PG) and we can all be miserable.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ....? really? there was actually someone who sat down and decided on a compairson of hamster/human years? now there is really someone who needed to get a life! ^_^

and before anyone gets huffy at me, i love hammys! we just dont have one atm, our lil guy died last year, at the ripe old age of 5+ human years. here is a ICHCB i made of him sharing breakfast with me one morning. Hammy was kind of everyones lil babe, and we still miss him.

211qm3b.jpg

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/technohamster/515226

4.7 Human months = 18 hamster years. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's late and I'm bored, so I'll make this short and to the point.

There is NOTHING wrong with the images shown on the PWI homepage, e-mails, and loading screens. They may be women, they may be appealing to the eye, but they are NOT inappropriate. As long as certain areas remain covered the images are perfectly fine to have. Just because the women in the images are attractive does not mean they need to be removed. Gosh you people must never go outside, as has been said before you'll see a lot worse in public and believe me sometimes.. you really don't wanna. At least the images on the site are aesthetically pleasing. So what if there's so cleavage,who cares if the only clothing she has on is a bikini, next you'll be saying a guy without a shirt inappropriate!

If you don't like it find another game, it's not that damn hard. Or suck it up, because it's not a big deal.

Hmm.. not as short as I thought....

Short version: If I can't see her nipples it's not inappropriate! b:angry
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2010

THIS x 9001. It's spring. Chances are your classmates are showing more skin than the PWI's characters anyway.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If I can't see her nipples it's not inappropriate! b:angry

ohh poor zanny, do u wanna see her nipples? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:surrender Personally I don't care since I don't go to work...

But I definitely can't go onto the forums at school if I wanted to... Rofl

b:chuckle I mean, why should you be on the forums if you're at work/school?

Shouldn't you be putting your best effort to get better? b:question
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ohh poor zanny, do u wanna see her nipples? b:chuckle

I'm sure I speak for every straight man when I say...

YYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSb:dirty
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2010

For every straight man! Yesss!
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    For every straight man! Yesss!

For great justice! YESSS!
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You know this is the cause of the "Economic downturn" right here everyone and their brother checkin their email when they are suppose to be working. For shame for shame xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kotasha - Dreamweaver
    Kotasha - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's late and I'm bored, so I'll make this short and to the point.

There is NOTHING wrong with the images shown on the PWI homepage, e-mails, and loading screens. They may be women, they may be appealing to the eye, but they are NOT inappropriate. As long as certain areas remain covered the images are perfectly fine to have. Just because the women in the images are attractive does not mean they need to be removed. Gosh you people must never go outside, as has been said before you'll see a lot worse in public and believe me sometimes.. you really don't wanna. At least the images on the site are aesthetically pleasing. So what if there's so cleavage,who cares if the only clothing she has on is a bikini, next you'll be saying a guy without a shirt inappropriate!

If you don't like it find another game, it's not that damn hard. Or suck it up, because it's not a big deal.

Hmm.. not as short as I thought....

^^This +1000000

If the OP has issues opening emails from PW at school ... DON'T OPEN PW EMAILS AT SCHOOL.
    Most people (I hope) know what a female body looks like by the age 13 or so when you're able to play this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010

i loled, of course you wanna see em!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:surrender Personally I don't care since I don't go to work...

But I definitely can't go onto the forums at school if I wanted to... Rofl

b:chuckle I mean, why should you be on the forums if you're at work/school?

Shouldn't you be putting your best effort to get better? b:question

There are some times when you really don't have anything else to do. For example, I take a programming class where they cater to the lowest common denominator. Because I'm the only one who actually has any clue what I'm doing, I'm done with everything he asks in five minutes, while the classes are 45 minutes long each. When the forums aren't ultra-slow, I'm on here...if not I'm playing minesweeper or reading a visual novel b:surrender
    ^^This +1000000

If the OP has issues opening emails from PW at school ... DON'T OPEN PW EMAILS AT SCHOOL.
    Most people (I hope) know what a female body looks like by the age 13 or so when you're able to play this game.

Although I agree with you on not opening PWI emails if it's that big of an issue...the reasoning that 'we know what it looks like' is completely bogus and it really bothers me when people use that reasoning.

A teacher knows what swear words sound like. Chances are they use them outside of school. So do thirteen year olds. That doesn't mean the thirteen year olds should be swearing at their teachers. By your logic, that should be perfectly fine because they both have heard them before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Vive - Lost City
    Vive - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    *virtual applause*

yes, and many of us have children, who do not want them to see the Vargas girl elf with flower pasties, or the mating mermaids (yes, you read that right...my youngest saw that, and said it looked like pictures in school books of mating dolphins and sea horses).

there are many, much prettier TB artworks on the Chinese site, but for some reason, PWI cheated us out of them, settlling for second quality, but raunchier. if anyone wants to see the pretty stuff, i can post it easily.

Mating mermaids? I think I missed that b:surrender
    I would love it if you could post those pretty stuff though :)
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    How to read the forums safely:
    1. Right-click
    2. View Page Source
    3. Read forums
    4. ??????
    5. PROFIT!11!!1
    yes, and many of us have children, who do not want them to see the Vargas girl elf with flower pasties, or the mating mermaids (yes, you read that right...my youngest saw that, and said it looked like pictures in school books of mating dolphins and sea horses).

How could you let your youngest look at pictures of mating dolphins and sea horses? That is ****!!!!
    What are they teaching in school nowadays.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • ToXicKrisis - Sanctuary
    ToXicKrisis - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, well i think i can speak for about most of the younger teen players in saying, we LOVE those half naked women on the title screen in stuff, but we dont like that "reaction" we get below the belt when we see those hot busty women/ creature girls in a sexy "i want you" position, if anything make em hot and revealin in-game so we need to earn ;)
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2010
    yes, and many of us have children, who do not want them to see the Vargas girl elf with flower pasties, or the mating mermaids (yes, you read that right
    Not like they won't see the same thing ingame.

Plenty of people run around in bikini/underwear in a beach, why is it so wrong to see it on a screen? b:scorn
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    is this necro ? o.Oa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    is this necro ? o.Oa

Yes. Yes, it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
This discussion has been closed.