Get rid of half naked women images on main pages/emails?

Options

Comments

• Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I dont have a problem with the images, i would browse the forums / play teh game with its loading screens / check my email all in public places. there is nothing wrong with them. If someone has a problem with them well.. they are sheltered and need to get a grip .. which is not my problem, its thiers. For the record i am female and in my late 20's.

Go into walmart or something and look around you will see more skin exposed.. and its not as pretty b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Originally Posted by Alliptica - Raging Tide
    "who cares if its for 13 or 18. kids still play it and they still see half naked images on the loading screens, characters and emails"

----
    then their parents either know or the kids play w/o them having really seen it. Either way who cares, get back to the topic. This guy's complaining about a drawing of a game character that someone at his school might see as if it's **** or some ****..... like i said get a grip, this thread's pointless.
  • ireseflamewielder
    ireseflamewielder Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *virtual applause*

yes, and many of us have children, who do not want them to see the Vargas girl elf with flower pasties, or the mating mermaids (yes, you read that right...my youngest saw that, and said it looked like pictures in school books of mating dolphins and sea horses).

there are many, much prettier TB artworks on the Chinese site, but for some reason, PWI cheated us out of them, settlling for second quality, but raunchier. if anyone wants to see the pretty stuff, i can post it easily.

I don't mean to be rude by saying this but If you think the artwork is offensive maybe your kids shouldn't be playing PWI. It never passed my mind about the "mating mermaids"

In the end I gotta say your kids may as well not play pwi at all because in every area they will see someone running in bikini.

PS: thx Alasen for bringing that up.
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So I'm in class today sending off an email to a professor and I happen to see that I have an email from pwi about a zhen coupon, I open it up click the display images button and there's a scantily clad woman on my screen...not cool when I'm in a public place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying get rid of all of the half naked tideborns..we still have them in loading screens for the game and such. But some people like to check their email or the forums when they are at school or work and it would be nice to not have to explain oh it's for a game..and then have people thinking you are a pervert or something.

Tldr: make forums and email images safe for work/school

when i'm at school and open pwi forums page i disable loading images on the browser. if you have mozilla firefox is easy: tools...options....content....autoload images (something like that, i'm translating from spanish firefox)
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So I'm in class today sending off an email to a professor and I happen to see that I have an email from pwi about a zhen coupon, I open it up click the display images button and there's a scantily clad woman on my screen...not cool when I'm in a public place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying get rid of all of the half naked tideborns..we still have them in loading screens for the game and such. But some people like to check their email or the forums when they are at school or work and it would be nice to not have to explain oh it's for a game..and then have people thinking you are a pervert or something.

Why would it matter to you what they think of you? The only time I see anyone caring about it would be at work, and it probably isn't the best time to be reading all your e-mail that isn't work related.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Munsu - Lost City
    Munsu - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This isn't really a question of people thinking less of you for looking at this image.

It's more the question that these images make it obvious you are playing a game, and will get your professor to mark you down points or get you fired from your job.

I know most of you will say things like "Well you shouldn't be playing games at work anyway" and that is true. But the fact of the matter is that lot of people do look at forums and browse email at work and what you should or should not do morally is null. This thread is perfectly legit.

And as of my opinion I think the images should be totally naked cause I'm a horny guy ijs.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *Facepalm*

for 18+? on the old site build i saw the game his graded T for Teen >_>

I see many sites that says things like 'Bunny Teens' etc. and these surely not for teens.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    no this thread is NOT perfectly legit. It's a total f'ing waste of space. It's not ****, and the females are even in armor, so anyone thinking it's too .... brazen or revealing needs to go outside sometimes. As far as looking up stuff like forums or emails at work, If they ALLOW it if you have absolutely nothing to do, go for it. But if they don't... and u get fired for it that's your stupidity. As for loking at this stuff while in class well...... personally i'd ask the professor if they'd have a problem with you checking email once in awhile while in class. If they do then DON"T DO IT. I swear.... common sense has completely gone out the window.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I see many sites that says things like 'Bunny Teens' etc. and these surely not for teens.

That sounds more like spam email that direct you to **** sites b:chuckle
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Having the word "Teen" in it =/= being rated T for Teen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Teumessia - Heavens Tear
    Teumessia - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I can only suggest that you disable images in your browser settings when accessing anything related to pwi.
  • Untamedf - Lost City
    Untamedf - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Than blame the parents for not supervising their little ones.

Kids should not be playing this game, unless their parents agreed to let them play. I am sure PWI would be more than happy to ban any accounts of any minors that are playing without parental permission.

my bro his only 14 AND his playing a horror game that his for 18+

and our mom allowing him as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hmm hi?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If you have children and you're finding the artwork offensive, what in the name of all things holy are you letting them play the game for? The bikini sets are more revealing than the images are, there are a lot of people out their who will hit on other people to the point it's harassment, there are even certain monsters and bosses in this game that seem to have very heavy sex appeal about them. I am so sick and tired of seeing a parent say "This isn't suitable for my eight year old!" about the artwork for the game - which sells the game to it's players [sexy women, revealing armor, badass armor, etc. etc.] - and yet you don't seem to realise that letting your child play this game is probably worse than letting them view the artwork.

Grow a brain. Perfect World International was not deigned for your eight year old child, it was designed for a teen-to-adult market which are presumed to be made up of more male than female because it used to be common knowledge that the gamer population is more male than female anyway, although this is changing. Stop fighting for **** to change because your kid plays this game, because this game wasn't designed with your kid in mind. You let them play it, you damn well deal with it without saying the company is doing anything wrong.

Yes, that was aimed at all you nit-picking parents. I say it again: grow a brain before you open your mouth, or let your fingers loose on the keyboard.

To the OP in general, you can load a browser page while blocking the image content of the page. This does mean you won't see any images, but if the site is too "not safe for work" otherwise than this solution should suffice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you know Airyll.... you should become a mod, you're on here enough. lol Usually i see you blasting people for no damn reason but this time i agree with you.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you know Airyll.... you should become a mod, you're on here enough. lol Usually i see you blasting people for no damn reason but this time i agree with you.

Konari is your local forum-goer who should become a mod well before I do. That and, while I moderate about three forums and personally run another two, I wouldn't really enjoy moderating these forums in particular. Partly because I probably wouldn't be deemed as doing my job properly; any interesting topic of discussion going on that, with the new forum rules, I would have to close, I would leave open anyway. These forums need more good discussions going on. That and, I would have to do everything in that polite and coordinated manner. No damns, no sarcasm, just very... well, nicer.

I would really cry if I couldn't use my sarcasm while berating someone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

The real pervert is who thinks perverted when he sees some mmorpg's picture without showing any sexual offense.
    I know, cuz I am one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    For non-humans you have to use a age calculator.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Crossing_Calculator

me can has 200 nintendo points?
    b:beg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teumessia - Heavens Tear
    Teumessia - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ... picture without showing any sexual offense...

According to rule 34 there is no such picture, anywhere.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

It was the only age calculator that specificaly said human to hamster lol that is why I linked it... they also had a link to it from an hamster breeders site. Go figure.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It was the only age calculator that specificaly said human to hamster lol that is why I linked it... they also had a link to it from an hamster breeders site. Go figure.

so me can't has 200 nintendo points?
    b:sad
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/technohamster/515226

4.7 Human months = 18 hamster years. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To the OP:

For me personally, it's not a big deal. I understand when in public places it can be "weird" but it's just not a problem for me.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Meh, never cared much for it... I had worse stuff opened on my laptop's browser at a Starbucks. Notably some huh... adult website *cough*. If you know me or watch my posts, you kinda see it coming from there.

But these things don't bother me. I'm very well able to log on PW and not stare at **** or, more likely, half-naked men (if there were any.)

(Though that male psychic's eyes on the banner... won't deny it looks good o.o).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

i wouldnt consider somebody who argues all day about a video game exactly mod worthy
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i wouldnt consider somebody who argues all day about a video game exactly mod worthy

Totally, because that's all I do. Clearly you haven't read all my posts.

Oh, and FYI, I moderate three or so forums already - two of which are video game based - and run two forums of my own. I can administrate forums just fine. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Totally, because that's all I do. Clearly you haven't read all my posts.

with all of your walls of text, i would grow old and die before i finish reading
    -retired-

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    with all of your walls of text, i would grow old and die before i finish reading

Do you even know what a wall of text is? Guess not, because none of my posts are walls of text.

They might be long, which would be more "tl'dr" for people like you with very short attention spans, but they aren't "walls of text" because they use grammar and paragraphs, among other things.

Before you try insult people, go and learn what something actually means. Otherwise you look really stupid when you try and insult somebody, and couldn't even do it properly. Moron. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Go ahead Airyll flame me! FLAME FLAME FLAME woooooooooo!
    -retired-

• Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    :( is there something wrong with having half naked woman on your computer? I prefer full nude though. I am a guy ^_^.

I feel dirty now. :(
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Go ahead Airyll flame me! FLAME FLAME FLAME woooooooooo!

I rest my case regarding the fact that you, my friend, are an idiot.

With this, I'm going to leave this topic be. Nearly six in the morning and I really don't care for the people with less IQ then a rock right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.