Get rid of half naked women images on main pages/emails?

Aia - Raging Tide
Aia - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
So I'm in class today sending off an email to a professor and I happen to see that I have an email from pwi about a zhen coupon, I open it up click the display images button and there's a scantily clad woman on my screen...not cool when I'm in a public place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying get rid of all of the half naked tideborns..we still have them in loading screens for the game and such. But some people like to check their email or the forums when they are at school or work and it would be nice to not have to explain oh it's for a game..and then have people thinking you are a pervert or something.

Tldr: make forums and email images safe for work/school
Post edited by Aia - Raging Tide on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You PROBABLY shouldn't be here regardless if you're at work/school.

Just throwing that out there.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lol what? that image? thats not a bad image thats hardly even a makes you think image

I would say denied
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Agree with if you're at work/school maybe you shouldn't be opening game emails. Wait until later. It's not like it's majorly pressing information or anything that you need to know about right now. It will be there later when you're at home or where ever not so public.

b:surrenderb:bye
  • Genghis_Khan - Harshlands
    Genghis_Khan - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont go on at school then.. there is nothing wrong with a half naked women.. actually there isnt ANYTHIGN wrong with a full naked women..b:pleased

this is not a religious site or a conservative website.... its a game .. deal with it I am sure you are as old as me (19 years old) or older..
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Okay I just have to intervene here

The OP did not site any personal moral or religious beliefs concerning the images. So many people on the forums love to jump on people who aren't happy with something due to morals...but this is a matter of making things safe for work. So no need to spew nonsense about the OP being moralistic.

Also, I suppose all of you have NEVER done things off-topic at your workplace, or even in a public place...the issue here is that when you are out, even in a coffeeshop let's say, and someone happens to see a weird fantastical half naked image on your page it's kinda creepy.

IMO it would be nice to tone down the forum images, and email as well, since I really think people check off topic email at work/school. In game, it can be whatever. I think this is a valid suggestion to be considered.
  • XxXBainXxx - Archosaur
    XxXBainXxx - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I agree, half-naked image of women need to be removed. Replace them with full frontal nudity please. Thank you.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Okay I just have to intervene here

The OP did not site any personal moral or religious beliefs concerning the images. So many people on the forums love to jump on people who aren't happy with something due to morals...but this is a matter of making things safe for work. So no need to spew nonsense about the OP being moralistic.

Also, I suppose all of you have NEVER done things off-topic at your workplace, or even in a public place...the issue here is that when you are out, even in a coffeeshop let's say, and someone happens to see a weird fantastical half naked image on your page it's kinda creepy.

IMO it would be nice to tone down the forum images, and email as well, since I really think people check off topic email at work/school. In game, it can be whatever. I think this is a valid suggestion to be considered.

Nobody did that and the forum image she is wearing full armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I agree, half-naked image of women need to be removed. Replace them with full frontal nudity please. Thank you.

lol irl :P
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    *virtual applause*

yes, and many of us have children, who do not want them to see the Vargas girl elf with flower pasties, or the mating mermaids (yes, you read that right...my youngest saw that, and said it looked like pictures in school books of mating dolphins and sea horses).

there are many, much prettier TB artworks on the Chinese site, but for some reason, PWI cheated us out of them, settlling for second quality, but raunchier. if anyone wants to see the pretty stuff, i can post it easily.

So I'm in class today sending off an email to a professor and I happen to see that I have an email from pwi about a zhen coupon, I open it up click the display images button and there's a scantily clad woman on my screen...not cool when I'm in a public place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying get rid of all of the half naked tideborns..we still have them in loading screens for the game and such. But some people like to check their email or the forums when they are at school or work and it would be nice to not have to explain oh it's for a game..and then have people thinking you are a pervert or something.

Tldr: make forums and email images safe for work/school
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    once i was on the forums at the college back when we had the messed up site design and the sexy tideborn with leather was taking up a large portion of the screen and no one seemed to care b:pleased
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lol, this post is just funny. idk how old are you but ... i assure you that you teacher see real naked woman everyday unless thats and old ugly and filthy chap that doesnt have woman. you want or not that that kind of nudity is everywhere (eg. billboards, perss) and it's not considered as perversion by majority.
    edited April 2010

+1 this idea wins!
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    uhhh this isn't ****..... get a grip. and like someone above said the "women" on the forum page is wearing armor.......

/end thread
    edited April 2010
    *virtual applause*

yes, and many of us have children, who do not want them to see the Vargas girl elf with flower pasties, or the mating mermaids (yes, you read that right...my youngest saw that, and said it looked like pictures in school books of mating dolphins and sea horses).

there are many, much prettier TB artworks on the Chinese site, but for some reason, PWI cheated us out of them, settlling for second quality, but raunchier. if anyone wants to see the pretty stuff, i can post it easily.

Question: if your children are that young why are they playing PW?

secondly.. do you own a TV? do u go outside? see any billboards? beer commercials? this kind of stuff is everywhere and is normal... we are in the 21st century not the 8th century. thanks
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Here we go again...
    How about working while you at work? Or learning new things at school?
    And frankly, most people don't give a damn what you are watching on that screen. Unless it is some really weird and kinky stuff.
    Please leave animated/static images of a game characters alone.
    edited April 2010
    ya like someone said above me... THIS IS NOT ****.. if you think the picture of a half naked elf /veno is ****.... i suggest you watch actual **** to find out the differenceb:laugh
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    ya like someone said above me... THIS IS NOT ****.. if you think the picture of a half naked elf /veno is ****.... i suggest you watch actual **** to find out the differenceb:laugh
    If it doesn't involve tentacles, clown costume and an orange - it is not a ****. ; )
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If it doesn't involve tentacles, clown costume and an orange - it is not a ****. ; )

Lol wut?

O.O
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Sumona - Heavens Tear
    Sumona - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's a game lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Lol wut?

O.O

That would be stuff that should not be watched at work/school. Then people would get a bit worried.
    Looking at an email/forum with cartoonish images of a female character and thinking "Wow, that is some heavy and hardcore stuff" probably shows a bit of naivete and/or confusion about real women.
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    *virtual applause*

If they are too young to see the images, than, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, as their mother, to make sure they don't look at them.

This game is for players 18+ or 13+ WITH PARENTAL CONSENT. If your kids are too young, than keep them away from the game. It clearly states on the TOS, that people may get exposed to mature content.

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms
    Read sections 5 and 10
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Untamedf - Lost City
    Untamedf - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If they are too young to see the images, that, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, as their mother, to make sure they don't look at them.

This game is for players 18+ or 13+ WITH PARENTAL CONSENT. If your kids are too young, than keep them away from the game. It clearly states on the TOS, that people may get exposed to mature content.

*Facepalm*

for 18+? on the old site build i saw the game his graded T for Teen >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hmm hi?
    edited April 2010
    *Facepalm*

for 18+? on the main page i see its graded T for Teen >_>

Read the TOS.....

Section 5

"By creating an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that you are at least age 18 and agree to these Terms, or that you are over 13 years of age and your parents or legal guardian have read and agreed to these Terms, and you understand and agree that we are relying upon that representation in allowing you to use the Service. Only one person may use an Account."
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Untamedf - Lost City
    Untamedf - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Read the TOS, it may help you.....

Section 5

"By creating an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that you are at least age 18 and agree to these Terms, or that you are over 13 years of age and your parents or legal guardian have read and agreed to these Terms, and you understand and agree that we are relying upon that representation in allowing you to use the Service. Only one person may use an Account."

aww =l b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hmm hi?
    edited April 2010
    aww =l b:shutup

Its ok.

:)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Read the TOS.....

Section 5

now does this apply to non-humans as well?
    b:puzzled
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    now does this apply to non-humans as well?
    b:puzzled
    b:surrender

For non-humans you have to use a age calculator.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Crossing_Calculator
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    who cares if its for 13 or 18. kids still play it and they still see half naked images on the loading screens, characters and emails b:shocked
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
    edited April 2010
    who cares if its for 13 or 18. kids still play it and they still see half naked images on the loading screens, characters and emails b:shocked

Than blame the parents for not supervising their little ones.

Kids should not be playing this game, unless their parents agreed to let them play. I am sure PWI would be more than happy to ban any accounts of any minors that are playing without parental permission.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    When you're 18, you're not a kid anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.