Gush slow effect

Tawnos - Dreamweaver
Tawnos - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
Please read the whole suggestion before start flaming.

As far as I can tell gush slow effect is practically null especially on PVP. I dont know if it gets better at end levels but at low-level is really useless.

Wizards are the weakest class in the game. Yes I understand that at end game wizards can deal a really amazing damage however they are really weak. If gush were to have a real slow down effect that will make wizards fighting strategy a little bit better. However like most suggestion this will likely never happen.

Also pyroblast should have some chance of doing damage over time on top of its regular damage. By giving the main spells extra effects the gameplay can become more fun because you wont cast just thinking in the element type but also the effect. This makes sense especially if you take in consideration that all wizards skills have a casting time and usually a long one compared to other classes skills.

OK now I am ready for every other class player in the game and even some wizards to start discrediting this suggestion!
Post edited by Tawnos - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    as a high level wizard i'll tell you, wizards are one of the most well-balanced class in PW @ high levels. the slowing effect of gush is quite good and in the future you will replace it with the 90% slowing effect of GLACIAL SNARE skill, especially in pve.

@ low levels wizards is maybe the most frustrating class of the game, but if u have the right patience and will, you'll become stronger than u can think.

wizards are good and balanced as they actually are in my opinion, on the other side there are classes that should be nerfed as well, for example the phoneix of venomancers MUST be nerfed, along with assasin's capacity to oneshot arcane ppl from invisible without any chance of reply.

the problem is NOT the oneshot, cause many classes actually can oneshot.
    the problem is that they can do it whitout being seen, while for example a wiz casting blade tempest can be seen from miles ago and let u take all the time u need to be prepared for the hit.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    wizards are good and balanced as they actually are in my opinion, on the other side there are classes that should be nerfed as well, for example the phoneix of venomancers MUST be nerfed, along with assasin's capacity to oneshot arcane ppl from invisible without any chance of reply.

I am afraid that if they dont start nefing the others or giving a more fun gameplay to low level wizards by the time I become a high level wizard it will suck as much as low level wizards.

So I will never get the chance to have a fun wizard. Some of us cant afford to play 4 hours every day to level up fast to get some fun. And I really dont want to switch class. I have been a mage in every RPG I have played. Including pen and paper RPGs.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I am afraid that if they dont start nefing the others or giving a more fun gameplay to low level wizards by the time I become a high level wizard it will suck as much as low level wizards.

So I will never get the chance to have a fun wizard. Some of us cant afford to play 4 hours every day to level up fast to get some fun. And I really dont want to switch class. I have been a mage in every RPG I have played. Including pen and paper RPGs.
    There isn't going to be a nerf, because we don't need a nerf.

Just take a glance around the wizard forum and their damage logs. That should be motivation enough.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    this is not a game where the more u play the faster you level up, cause after lvl 60 is nearly impossible to lvl up just farming around or doing ordinary quests.

if you are not gonna pay hyper exp stones or oracles (i never used them, except for 5 hyper exp stones i won for a event) your only way to lvl up will become the DAILY QUESTS.

@ lvl30 you'll get your crazy stone quest
    @ lvl40 you'll get bh quests

then yo'ull have the WQ at lvl 70 and many others going on. so if the only way to lvl up IS daily quests, you dont have to stay hours and hours playing, u just have to do these dailies (around 2 hours per day if u wanna do them all, and you are not obligated to)

happy gaming, if things wont change btw wizard IS ACTUALLY an awesome class @ high lvl, despite of those phoneix & assasins, they are not the whole game!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    this is not a game where the more u play the faster you level up, cause after lvl 60 is nearly impossible to lvl up just farming around or doing ordinary quests.
    Excuse me? That's the only way that you could level back in 08 when I started. It's far from impossible, just that all these new gen players are so damn lazy.
    if you are not gonna pay hyper exp stones or oracles (i never used them, except for 5 hyper exp stones i won for a event) your only way to lvl up will become the DAILY QUESTS.
    That only applies to 90+
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    well ok that is possible, but there are ppl that got used to farm-style games, and ppl that arent used to them.

in my opinion, farming mobs for more than 2 hours is absolutely crazy, but for many ppl is not.

just points of view, i was trying to give Tawnos an incentive to play PW as a wizard

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    lvl30 you'll get your crazy stone quest

crazy stone quest?
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    go to west district of archosaur: you'll find a npc which name i dont remember, btw if u go in "find quest" log you'll find the quest "crazy stones"

that is your first daily quest, you can accomplish it every day once and @ low lvls it gives even 30% exp lol

the only thing that it asks you to do is to go to a merchant in archosaur, buy 5 gems from him and give them to another npc, then wait 10 minutes. after those 10 minutes you turn in the quest to the first npc and you'll get the exp & spirit.

do it each day, you'll see how fast u can lvl up

lvl 30-31 is 100 times faster than 29-30 lol (or quite)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010

do it each day, you'll see how fast u can lvl up

I am level 36 now! It will help me?
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I am level 36 now! It will help me?

No, it wont help you.

/sarcasm off
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    you can do it each day, from level 30 to level 100.

obviously the % of exp it gives is reduced going on leveling up, now that im lv97 it gives me only 1,8% exp, but its still cool cause @ my lvl 0,1% exp is something like 50 mobs or maybe more lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    you can do it each day, from level 30 to level 100.

obviously the % of exp it gives is reduced going on leveling up, now that im lv97 it gives me only 1,8% exp, but its still cool cause @ my lvl 0,1% exp is something like 50 mobs or maybe more lol

Thanks a lot! I will try it tonight!