is it worth installing?

hemoglobin
hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
havent been on pwi in about 6 months or so. Has it gotten better?
Post edited by hemoglobin on

Comments

• Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    2 words, hell no!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Only if you have a thick credit card. Perfect World is still mainly for people with a perfect wallet.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    it can be fun if you dont wnt to be the best but other wise im sad to say its not worth itb:surrender
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Dont update till you see an official announcment from a GM here that the Horn is gone for good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • OpalAthame - Dreamweaver
    OpalAthame - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Atm 90% of the players are pissed about a new kind of world telecoustic called the perfect horn. Why is it bad? Because you will have no way to filter it, no matter what chat you are on you will be forced to see what people messeges with the horns, which might not be something you want to hear about b:spit

Oh and they can be in different colors, so you never know if someones pming you or talking in squad chat or what. Its all a mess of colors.

Right now is a bad time to start playing again lol
  • _azure_ - Sanctuary
    _azure_ - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ill have to agree with the thought on it depending by the size of ur wallet. Yes that god forsaken horn has been put in and anni packs have once again returned from coral to now 'year of the tiger' same ol **** but now with a tiger mount and a few other tidbits thrown in.

Free to play, Pay to win. Honestly I would say don't bother. There's better games out there
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Whatever reason you uninstalled for 6 months ago, I can assure you it has only gotten worse.

PW is a fairly decent game, but as far as I can see, there have been absolutely no improvements whatsoever except cash shop related ones.
  • Glowfish - Lost City
    Glowfish - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i think it's gotten better. i stopped playing april last year and came back in January. My perspective:

1) it's easier to level - there is a new daily that gives you buttloads of experience, plus the tideborn quests.
    2) new classes - if you were bored of the old ones there's two new ones to explore
    3) more riding and flying mounts
    4) more fashion

sure, heaps more things to waste your real life money on, but it's tonnes more fun than another 'world' mmo. and it's still free to play, so it can be fun as long as you don't suffer from cash shop envy.

b:victory
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    who cares what other people think just come back if you want to, see if you like it and if not uninstall.
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Run, run faaar away!

b:chuckle Just kidding, try it out. You won't know if you really like the new content if you don't try it for yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I would say, just reinstall and see for yourself.

GMs no longer moderate the game, so it's more or less a free for all. If you wanna be an ****, their's no one there to stop you anymore. :/

It is easier to lvl now with new dailys, but it's more costly in terms of coin...so be prepared to farm/grind a lot, just to cover the costs.

Yeah, whatever your reason for quitting in the first place? You likely won't find the game any better now.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • skyraiserdm
    skyraiserdm Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Or wait another 6 months, then leveling will be even faster and easier, cash shop even bigger and maybe warsoul available for credit cards... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Let's just say I about a year ago... and have logged in every so often for the past 6 months... yeah the game has been on a steady downhill... steady downhill with a few steep cliffs...
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    In a word, No.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • DeathsLiife - Heavens Tear
    DeathsLiife - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i didnt pay a singel rl money.

Well the only change is that u lvl faster. New clases are just interesting till lvl 20 then it gets repeatable. like every other char.

Its kind of boring now cause nobody is questing all just doing bhs. :D
    after lvl70 when wq starts the game gets really boring. Im just doing my dailys in 3 hours thats all left for this game. And i am doing the dailys cause i can tell my friends soon i have a lvl 100 char in pwi. But it not fun anymore.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Atm 90% of the players are pissed about a new kind of world telecoustic called the perfect horn. Why is it bad? Because you will have no way to filter it, no matter what chat you are on you will be forced to see what people messeges with the horns, which might not be something you want to hear about b:spit

Oh and they can be in different colors, so you never know if someones pming you or talking in squad chat or what. Its all a mess of colors.

Right now is a bad time to start playing again lol

At the moment? All the god dam time people are pissed for no reason...........

That being the case if you stopped playing because of supposedly bad tactics by gms then you won't find respite cause you are always going to get that no matter what the game. If you left just to leave then sure come back its still a good game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well, I suppose you could re-download it now but don't expect to make any bit of a living without either a Debit/Credit, an old rich character to come back to, or a hell of a lot of grinding time. They're nurfing stuff under our noses now, too and not telling us.

I guess it's better now than it will be in two months though, and it'll be better then than it will in the next two months ect...

EDIT: Sheesh, you know it's bad when you get responses like this on a thread of this kind, this fast. Says more about the game than anything. It didn't used to be this way. >_>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    No it's not. Bye! b:bye
  • StarlessAeon - Lost City
    StarlessAeon - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    no,cash shopless pvp is impossible,switch to p2p games,now
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Its kind of boring now cause nobody is questing all just doing bhs.

That's not quite correct. I checked the Bounty Hunter once --- he sent me to Frostcovered-Whatever to kill some boss. That was the last time I clicked on him :-)

You just don't meet the casual players, but I'm sure there's another one or two.
    after lvl70 when wq starts the game gets really boring.

I don't know what the WQ is, but it's already boring. I'd say it started at around 61 for me, when I ran out of doable quests. Since then it's been a few quests each level, and lots of grinding (not that quests and grinding are very different, but for some reason it feels different. I'm still doing quests --- Dragon ones, and One Man Army. But for some reason these count as grinding for me. Which is even weirder as quests ask for a lot more kills/items, which is a lot more grinding than 40 kills for One Man Army).

Anyway, I still need to research builds on another game, so I "can't" move out just yet. I have no reason to "move in" every day either, though.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Not reading everyone's posts, just the OP:

I personally would say that it is worth it to install. However, if your looking to be the best player in the game, or want to lvl quickly/not grind/not quest, PWI is not the game for you unless you want to spend lots of cash.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @tremblewith i think thats the way it is for every f2p mmo
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Daose - Harshlands
    Daose - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Is the game better? In some ways yes, in some ways no. Try it for yourself to see if it's worth playing still. I sure wish I could play right now, but my freakin garbage ISP has the crappiest ping rates known to man...(I'm talking like, 2000+ ms)

That's not quite correct. I checked the Bounty Hunter once --- he sent me to Frostcovered-Whatever to kill some boss. That was the last time I clicked on him :-)
    I

BH's are sooo easy to do with a party tho....
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Only if you have a thick credit card. Perfect World is still mainly for people with a perfect wallet.

This is not true, unless you collect fashion and want the best PVP ****. I only spent about 50 dollars on this game (bought mount, wings, charms...). I can basically grind enough coins for my weapon / armor and do tricky things to earn some extra money (hunt for underpriced items in cat shops). But I hate PVP so I don't need uber gear. I can PVE easily anywhere with average stuff b:victory
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @tremblewith i think thats the way it is for every f2p mmo

Not EVERY, but yeah I know. I was merely posting my response to the OP b:pleased
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hemoglobin wrote: »

interesting question. I returned like a month ago after 7 months out.

The game has improved for some players but getting worse for others.

When we did not have BH and the new means to get quick exps, we were complaining of lack of quests and lack of exps. Therefore, people were spending time grinding, doing zen with friends, TT, helping people with bosses tough quest etc or they would simply get bored and left the game.

Now, we get quick exps but the place looks a bit like a private server as most of the people are doing FCC, BH and TT. I have not seen zen recently, neither grinding and good luck finding help for your boss or tough quest.

Again, for some people the game is better but for others is simply worst.