Top 5 QQers of HL

2»

Comments

• Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lawl i think ill go take some practice from desiree thenb:cryb:laughb:cry
    bleed doesnt tick 2-3k, maybe when ur target has like 0 pdef.
    As far as i know its more like 1-2k what it ticks, but it ticks like 3 times thats what it makes it so OP.

And yes veno is very strong w/o nix, so just continue fighting and dont revive pet <---first lesson learnt.

and yes DarkFart im butthurt and pls dont report me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • VOid__ - Harshlands
    VOid__ - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    damn faildom.. u kinda annoying for the whole server..
    ( can we black list ppl on forum too ? b:chuckle)
  • Nieka - Harshlands
    Nieka - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Can i vote for myself lol b:cute
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    anyway on topic; i think DarkFart and MrConce are the biggest QQersb:surrender
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    Dark_Fate - Harshlands Posts: 968 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Ur answer is right in that video, as i said between 1-2k.
    and im taking it that ur point of that vid is venos can just bleed and kite? well most ppl are charmed so that kinda doesnt work, when ur charmed there is no point at all to kite, but if an EA is uncharmed with huge refines i dont see why we shouldnt kite a bit.
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    bleed doesnt tick 2-3k, maybe when ur target has like 0 pdef.
    I'm just using the random number that was used earlier in the thread. In practice where you can Ironwood Scarab the target, bleed can easily reach up to 2k+, especially on average geared wizards and clerics that are purged. Assuming that Dark_Fate still has the crappy gear he had the last time I checked (half a year ago), his pdef would be roughly 4k, which would be lowered to roughly 3k when Ironwooded. A shame I went demon (hoping the path-changing update from PW-CN comes here soon!)
    And yes veno is very strong w/o nix, so just continue fighting and dont revive pet <---first lesson learnt.
    You are misunderstanding me. Suppose you are attacking a target and the target decides to kill your nix first. Your nix has landed its Flesh Ream - it has served its purpose: the target's charm has ticked. You now have 8 seconds to deal an amount equal to the target's full HP. A veno has the same magic damage as an average cleric except without the tempest nuke. Full HP in 8 seconds is easily achievable (ignore barbs - I never bother trying to fight a well geared barb unless I have at least two sparks ready or I am fully buffed). This is assuming that you are able to survive the opponent's attacks, which is a reasonable assumption considering that your charm has not ticked yet.

Thats why most experienced veno PKers don't immediately holy path away to safe zone to rez their nix after it has died but take the opportunity to kill off the target while the target's charm is still in cooldown. In the scenario that the nix has died before landing its Flesh Ream and thus it is a single veno vs charmed opponent scenario, it is smarter to indeed kite and rez your nix quickly as venos generally do not have high constant damage nor high spike damage (the exception being if you have a highly refined weapon or if you have triple spark ready). It is completely possible, however, and just requires experience on timing your attacks and nuking. Purge + amp + extreme poison + double/triple spark can easily kill any opponent assuming you yourself can survive the ordeal (absolute domain, tree of protection, Dew of Star Protection, HP jiaozis, fox form).

Extensive PK practice (i.e. anticipated PvP, not ganks) with players of the same level as you and gear equal to or better than yours will teach you quite a lot that Alt+F1 won't.

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crackdealer - Harshlands
    Crackdealer - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    2 points to make here:

1. Yes, Ironwood Scarab. I'm not sure I know any veno's, excluding Icon, who didn't use this skill pre-bleed.

2. Maybe I'm crazy, but when did amp go out the window? I know I used it like a **** when I played a veno on LC.

I agree with Desiree on this one. Bleed is pretty broken, but if you can't kill for sht without it then you need to reroll; I hear Maplestory is still F2P.
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    2. Maybe I'm crazy, but when did amp go out the window? I know I used it like a **** when I played a veno on LC.

I actually tested this. Any pdef reduction skills increases bleed damage (i.e. ironwood, tangle mire), but not amp. Amp will just increase the normal attack damage from the nix (which is pretty low anyway at ~200-500 per peck) and of course your own magical attacks; however, it takes a full 6 seconds for you to wait for the fox form to cool down, during which a single extra venomous scarab will probably be better. The only time I really use amp is when I'm already in fox form for purging or when the target is a high HP BM/barb. There have been many silly fights which I have lost (or at least missed an earlier chance of winning) because I decided to go fox form to amp the target but also buying the target a few extra seconds of charm cooldown/holy path time.

Alternatively, if you're the kind of person who is good with timing (and has a non-laggy computer), you can set your nix to manual control (or have Pounce as its selected skill), go in and amp, then human form and simultaneously ironwood + force Flesh Ream. Only works if the target isn't focused on you (and thus doesn't immediately kite when amped - you may have to Lucky scarab first before ironwood + force Flesh Ream) and so doesn't kite for those few spell casting seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crackdealer - Harshlands
    Crackdealer - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Not gonna lie, never cared to see if it affected bleed damage, I used it because it pretty much ****s any class and makes it an easy target. Except barbs, but barbs can't kill anything anyways, so just set the QQbird to auto attack it till it's charm dies or it runs away saying "Zzz heiro waste"
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Not gonna lie, never cared to see if it affected bleed damage, I used it because it pretty much ****s any class and makes it an easy target. Except barbs, but barbs can't kill anything anyways, so just set the QQbird to auto attack it till it's charm dies or it runs away saying "Zzz heiro waste"

tested
    tangling mire+lvl101 nix bleed =7.4k
    enough to tick and nearly kill another archer with 5-6k hp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    lawl i always open with ironwood but w/e.

also LOL@ nix auto attack <
    FAIL

and yes if pet has already put bleed on some1 and then dies sure, try some skills but if it fails then all u can do is gtfo and revive pet.

And darkfart i really have no idea what ur talking about but u mean 7.4 total damage? most ppl who pvp are charmed remember..

veno would be kinda underpowered w/o bleed bug so there is no need to nerf it, the problem is too many ppl on this serrver dont know their class while they have **** OP gear, take iamkiller for example.. ppl with such gear should be able to roll atleast any veno or mage but yet his +12 bow doesnt always seem to save him in 1v1.
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    darkfart
    10 characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    damn typo =\
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • VOid__ - Harshlands
    VOid__ - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lawl i always open with ironwood but w/e.

also LOL@ nix auto attack <
    FAIL

and yes if pet has already put bleed on some1 and then dies sure, try some skills but if it fails then all u can do is gtfo and revive pet.

And darkfart i really have no idea what ur talking about but u mean 7.4 total damage? most ppl who pvp are charmed remember..

veno would be kinda underpowered w/o bleed bug so there is no need to nerf it, the problem is too many ppl on this serrver dont know their class while they have **** OP gear, take iamkiller for example.. ppl with such gear should be able to roll atleast any veno or mage but yet his +12 bow doesnt always seem to save him in 1v1.

shhh guys.. hes the best b:shocked
    no need to talk
  • Dark_Fate - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    shhh guys.. hes the best b:shocked
    no need to talk

he is the one that lord brendle secretly was praising so be careful emo if u'll die in pain and criesb:shockedb:sadb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Acrelar - Harshlands
    Acrelar - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    veno would be kinda underpowered w/o bleed bug so there is no need to nerf it

right,you can decrease enemy's pdef so your nix hits for more with ironwood, also the bleed ticks get higher, you get the best skill in the game, purge and have a nice amp to top that off to kill things inbetween the 10-second charmtick increasing your burst potential even more.

you have a 2second spark skill that basically makes you unkillable for the whole duration.

Tell yourself that you rerolled veno because veno is balanced and not overpowered, the server knows you suck,it's alright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by Scarlet
  • Taboo - Harshlands
    Taboo - Harshlands Posts: 1,420 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Tell yourself that you rerolled sin because sin is balanced and not overpowered, the server knows you suck,it's alright.

Redirected towards ultimate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Meh so much hate, and we know why people hate, because they are butthurt.
    Always the same people saying it, i know i did a pretty good job at owning zulu and kylin(they dont bring 4-5 people just for fun, they cant beat me alone) hence all the hate.

GO make a HA/Vit veno with a very crappy weap, and try to fight any lvl 99+ with 5K or more HP, then u will notice how u probably cant do much.

And zulu would already have disbanded if Brendle played.
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009