Assassin Weapons?

bkloes
bkloes Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Assassin
So I am new to the game and I squaded with my first sin and it seemed like they had daggers and a bow. Does this mean that then have both ranged and melee weapons available? Thank you, I know its a simple question but I cant seem to find it anywhere.
Post edited by bkloes on

Comments

• StainedBlade - Heavens Tear
    StainedBlade - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Daggers are the only weapons assassins get skills with. Bows are effective weapons too. Fists/Claws can be effective if you want more attack rate but no skills with that either.

-Flop Flop- I'm a fish
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A good bow helps you damage mobs at range and then you hot key back to daggers when they get close to finish them off. Bows are also good with some bosses that AOE so that you can still do some good damage without getting hurt too bad or pissing off the party's cleric.
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin
  • Ahknatn - Heavens Tear
    Ahknatn - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    assasin skiils only work with daggers but the class is practicly designed to use bows, both archs and sins are dex classes meaning sins can use bows, but because dags are a sin only wepy only they can use them.
    whan a monster is not a mag or range (or one of the poisoners)
    you shoot until they aproach, puncture, tackling strike(or deep sting if you dont have takling yet), then run a distance and shoot it down. if they do the slowing down atack simply use windpush.
    get the different weapons on ur hotkeys btw*
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    After level 20, you should ALWAYS have a bow on you, whether the mobs you are killing will require a bow or not. Sometimes you can use your environment to use just the bow to kill. For example, at the mines when you go to kill Werewolf Spearmen, there is a cliff that you can stand on and shoot the Werewolves from and they have to run around to get to you. Use your environment right, and you will never have to take damage or use your daggers. The same can be done for the Quillhogs and Apprentices in the same spot, even though they are range. You just have to back up from the edge for them.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Bows are quite useful in BH59 when many mobs go ninja on you and leave melee running around trying to hit them...

Also for exploding mobs. Slash slash slash -> Throatcut -> Snipe snipe snipe. Enemy goes boom at distance and your hp unharmed.

Be creative with the bows, it's kind of fun. b:victory
  • bkloes
    bkloes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well after my initial post I am checking out a sin......Easiest 0-20 I have done so far....Almost too easy. gf (psychic) and did it in 5 hours b:laugh

So I am hot keying between my weapons....How does the sin bow compare to a regular archer attack? Since they are both dexterity based is the damage similar? I know they get skills to add effect but generally is it the same?
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Let's just say that I have outdamaged an Archer on a mob when he was only about 2 levels below me, and that was while he was using skills.

I haven't tested it myself, but I assume that they are pretty much equal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    at lower lvls they are equal or near equal. eventually Archers get bow mastery and increased range which makes them better(as it should be) but Sins are still good with a bow. though sins can bridge that gap a little with Wolf Emblem making their crits hit for more for 30 seconds.
  • Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary
    Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Let's just say that I have outdamaged an Archer on a mob when he was only about 2 levels below me, and that was while he was using skills.

I haven't tested it myself, but I assume that they are pretty much equal.

Sir. You are awesome for this. + 1 internet for youb:victory
    The Pker's Prayer
    ~~~
    The Angels in Heaven
    (Now I lay you down to sleep)
    Simply wont let me
    (I pray the lord your soul to keep)
    Enter quietly
    (And if I die before you)
    Ill see you in hell
    (That shall be his first mistake)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]