NOTICE: 4/6 Server Maintenance COMPLETE!!!

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Good afternoon everyone,

We will be having server maintenance tonight from:

11:00pm PDT until 1:00am PDT

So get out the chess set, start thinking about your Firefox Persona, and we'll see you on the forums tonight!
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Patch Notes Version 312
    Released April 6, 2010

Twilight Temple weapons for Tideborn
    New Daggers and Spheres, have been added to the Twilight Temple: Weapons forge for Assassins and Psychics.

Wraith Gate Trophy mode
    Localization is complete for the Wraith Gate Trophy Mode and is now open. The trophy mode for Wraith Gate can only be accessed for players between level 60~80.
    Stealth/Detection Stat
    The Character Info window will now display each character's Stealth and Detection levels.

Vendor Item Save
    The items you have to buy and for sale in your consignment shop will be saved upon logging off. This means you can quickly re-log back on and set up shop without having to organize your items again!

Perfect Horn
    A new chat option is available, the Perfect Horn! This new type of teleacoustic comes with its own set of emoticons, add a short prefix to your text, and the ability to change the font color. Each broadcast using this new chat consumes 1 Perfect Horn which will be available in the PW Boutique.

Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue where the game crashed on computers that do not audio drivers installed.

Sever List headings on the log-in screen fixed.

Security Instructions Link in the log-in screen now directs https://support.perfectworld.com

GM button now directs to https://support.perfectworld.com

Grey Haired Man NPC now correctly appears in Lunar Glade.

Happily Ever After....
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    TEASETIME! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    NUUU TEASING!!!

b:shedtear

...and yes, the Forum's Fantastic Four, posting all in a row!

b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Don't you usually put the down times in the title too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nbfgangsta - Lost City
    Nbfgangsta - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    woop tv night i guess 2 nite
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    stupid warsong distracting me...first page....

why do we need this maintenance...gah

on another note...GMs/mods cheat...this thing wasnt posted yet at 4 pm server lol
    edited April 2010
    stupid warsong distracting me...first page....

why do we need this maintenance...gah

Why?

THIS is why!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yay maintenance!

... Boredom is no doubt gonna take hold before it's over. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Yes, but 90% of the weeks, the maintenance doesnt do ANYTHING
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Woot~~ New Content when i play tomorrow :D

I love good maintainces >.> :P :D
    edited April 2010

*sniffle* DON'T CRUSH MY HOPES AND DREAMS...!

b:shedtear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010

Lies!

We just don't get the full list of what actually happens. Just because you don't see how a movie is made behind the scenes, doesn't mean that movie isn't made, does it?

Precisely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Just because what they're doing isn't public yet doesn't mean nothing happened. Saves us from a 3 hour patch later when they're ready to show us the shiny new stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited April 2010
    Just because what they're doing isn't public yet doesn't mean nothing happened. Saves us from a 3 hour patch later when they're ready to show us the shiny new stuff.

I GUARANTEE IF you did a poll of all players on all the servers....the majority would prefer 1 longer patch maybe once a month as opposed to a short one every week.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Possibility of tossing in a sneak attack patch of our skills in there as well?

That'd make meh a happy fishy^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I hope we get something good after this maintenance! b:pleased

BTW: Plz fix the Magic shell/ AoE buff bug for clerics. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited April 2010
    I GUARANTEE IF you did a poll of all players on all the servers....the majority would prefer 1 longer patch maybe once a month as opposed to a short one every week.

Alrighty. I dare you. DO IT.

b:scorn

...also, expanding on my previous Forum Fantastic Four comment...here's my lineup:

FrankieRaye = Mr. Frank-tastic.

Kantorek = The Chicken

Aryannamage = The Invisible Mod

KonariRaiden = The Human Troll.

Expect issue #1 to hit comic store shelves sometime December 2012.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Alrighty. I dare you. DO IT.

b:scorn

...also, expanding on my previous Forum Fantastic Four comment...here's my lineup:

FrankieRaye = Mr. Frank-tastic.

Kantorek = Chicken

Aryannamage = The Invisible Mod

KonariRaiden = The Human Troll.

Expect issue #1 to hit comic store shelves sometime December 2012.

Vixed. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Fixed. b:victory

I fixed your fixed.

I also edited my post to make it moar suitable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Polls on these forums carry no weight. I can vote once for every char on any of my accounts. They can easily be abused. You cant guarantee players opinions btw since you don't know all the players or what they are thinking or if their even vocal enough to care to vote.

To be honest maintenance isn't very long so I don't really care. I'm usually asleep when it happens. It's a game not a lifestyle. b:bye
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010

What do you have to back up that guarantee? o_O

Not that it really matters lol. This is the way they do it, and they're not going to change it. Fine by me though, I prefer the five weeks of 10 minutes patches over a 2 hour patch later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    edited April 2010
    Now the question arises...should I try to hijack this thread, like I always try to nowadays...?

...nah...at least not directly. Here, I'll leave a small list of topics y'all can expand upon and discuss. As for me, I'm out for a while. Peace! b:victory
    Comic Books
    Disneyland
    Coke vs. Pepsi
    Star Wars
    The Game
    Pokemon
    Mario Bros.
    How awesome Konariraiden is.
    How awesome maintenance is.
    Awesome partywipes.
    Awesome PK's.
    Awesome awesome's (LOLWUT)
    LIKE A BOSS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010

LIKE A BOSS.

Go with that one... Which ingame boss would you describe yourself as and why ?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010

Go get some facts to back that up before running your mouth, ya?

As has been said, forum polls do not carry an accurate opinion of the player base, because the players that stalk the forums are the minority in comparison to the players that never post on the forums and just play the games. It's far to easy for a poll to be hijacked by players with numerous alts, as well.

Also, I'm with Aadi. I'd rather a small two minute patch every week than a two hour patch once a month, which turns into a five hour patch if they release large amounts of content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Go with that one... Which ingame boss would you describe yourself as and why ?

Better yet.... which ingame boss would best describe lady gaga?b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Have you considered the rather likely possibility that these small "patches that don't do anything" actually allow them to test new features before they're released to the public? And that sometimes this takes several tries before some bugs are dealt with?

That's the explanation that makes the most sense to me, anyways.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Harpy Wraith is so Lady Gaga!
    Also I was wondering if Tideborn skills might make a surprise appearance :D
    But in China they're still officially testing them... so they aren't ready per say...
    Then I thought the Cash Shop might be awesome... - zomg FASHION! But no... just some big ol' patch and new Perfect Horns. I'm not that excited about this patch for some reason, but maybe since its such a major one they'll be more to it then included in the preview! That's what I'm hoping anyhow!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Harpy Wraith is so Lady Gaga!
    Also I was wondering if Tideborn skills might make a surprise appearance :D
    But in China they're still officially testing them... so they aren't ready per say...
    Then I thought the Cash Shop might be awesome... - zomg FASHION! But no... just some big ol' patch and new Perfect Horns. I'm not that excited about this patch for some reason, but maybe since its such a major one they'll be more to it then included in the preview! That's what I'm hoping anyhow!!!

As much as everyone complained when all they did was update fashion...I miss the fashion being updated every week b:sad

Edit: That font looks super nice italicized.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    As much as everyone complained when all they did was update fashion...I miss the fashion being updated every week b:sad

I thought I was the only person who was starting to miss fashion updates on a regular basis. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MadamVixen - Heavens Tear
    MadamVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Woot - maintenance! Hope we get the patch that was previewed b:victory I know its too much to ask for glitches to be fixed, but maybe soon we could get some GOOD new fashion in boutique instead of recycling with the current stuff we have. Would love to see more fashion hair too! b:cute

How's my favourite troll doing??? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 Married to MasterLucian <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=ಢಿ.ಢಿ= <--- Foxy-Sauce-Face (Thx to **KonariRaiden** :D)