Genie Expel question

Ursa - Dreamweaver
Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Wizard
Anyone used this skill for solo AoE grind?
I wonder if mobs will reset when this skill is used, because I've red that ppl are using this skill to expel tanks just to ** up a WB fight...
I'm planning on having some fun in 3rd map, and this would come in handy as I can drop the mobs in less than 8 seconds (maximum of 3 DB ticks) ... but if aggro resets is pretty much useless.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Ursa - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Anyone used this skill for solo AoE grind?
    I wonder if mobs will reset when this skill is used, because I've red that ppl are using this skill to expel tanks just to ** up a WB fight...
    I'm planning on having some fun in 3rd map, and this would come in handy as I can drop the mobs in less than 8 seconds (maximum of 3 DB ticks) ... but if aggro resets is pretty much useless.

When I'm zhenning in 3rd map I'm using ToP. It heals me very good and enough. I take 20+ mobs(almost all map where the zhenning mobs are) and with ToP I'm totally safe. While I take drops from mobs, the ToP is ready again.

IF YOU WANT I can try it for you, because I have it on same genie as ToP. Just let me know.b:pleased And when I came home from work I can try it if it reset aggro.

http://www.glowfoto.com/viewimage.php?img=09-132058L&rand=9508&t=jpg&m=03&y=2010&srv=img6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    it doesnt reset
    i use it in DB all the time
    b:bye
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    yeah, that would be nice.
    I'm using TOP too, and it works just fine, but I've been thinking of Expell as a good alternative: no need to heal if no one touches you. My Neon is +10 so I pretty much drop everything in 3 ticks (except magic resist and increase life). I can pull about 20-25 mobs and handling them with ToP + one of the HP pots they drop. Only cleric buffed I have 8k pdef and 5200 HP. I have about 60k left on this charm and I with ToP +1 pot/pull I can manage up to 25 mobs/pull without a charm tick. I'm thinking in restatting about 20 mag to vit also...but I have to be careful with that, not to drop the magic attk so much that I would need 4 ticks for killing normal mobs, cause that will **** up my entire plan... :)
    What interests me is to avoid the phys dmg for the first two waves of hits. ToP does that nicely but it's all about timing. Expel, if it works, will make life a lot more easier, cause at the 9th second (3rd DB tick) I'm left with at most 3 mobs standing, and with a HP pot I could basically walk around without worry about anything.

it doesnt reset
    i use it in DB all the time

thank you. That would make my life sooooooooo easy and I'll be able to pull the whole map (now I pull about 40-50% of it, and don't yell at me, I'm still experimenting in 3rd map, just open it over the week-end).

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    the reset thing is only caused when someone doesn't hit the mobs for a while.

i used to duo with an archer while grinding and it was quite easy to gather some mobs and let archer do barrage while doing will of phoenix and when i had enough chi i'd ice dragon while archer was building chi with other attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It works really nice on third map, I tried it out.

1) Pull all mobs
    2) Open up DB
    3) Press Expel
    4) Watch the "Resist, Resist, Resist..." text while mobs drop
    5) Rinse and repeat
    b:chuckle

You can also use sage wellspring quaff before db for a little extra boost, kills increases life mobs faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    well thank you sir.
    That's what I wanted to hear. This would actually make me lvl to 100, since I can get in map3 all the XP/coins I need.

*goes home and resets genies affinity.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    A side note: The most efficient way in my opinion is to gather the mobs with a riding mount, that way you get most in one run. If you use holy path, you won't have energy for expel in time. I usually let em just knock me down when I am done gathering, since stowing the pet manually takes some time as well..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    I just fly over them then drop when I'm done.
    Fastest way is indeed with mount ...those mobs have sick aggro

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have to try it with expel also. Thanks for advices.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    like said above open DB wait for something to hit u hit expel and watch the resists fly off yer head for 10 secs after they're all dead.
    when i first got it i thought it seals u its gonna knock me out of DB but no yer sealed and banging away while sealed and immune to p. dam.
    And its much better than AD because the CD is 1 sec.
    So all u really have to wait is for yer genie to have enuff energy.
    Only downfall is no magic protection.
  • Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
    Nigrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What is exactly is "third map"? Old Valley of the Scarred?

And will this have a chance to work for people with say, normal gear? I don't have anything better than a 97 mold weapon right now, +4'ed, is it even worth it or do I need to shell out $500 for a +10 Neon xD
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    works with 97 mold weapon too :P

collect all mobs, expel, wait, 1 hp pot, take out increased mag and gain chi

*sigh* 24/7 always the same veno blocking the place in scarred :P

btw.. hyy xeggy^^
    i like potato
  • Axisboldone - Heavens Tear
    Axisboldone - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hmmm, well good to know. I have assumed to this point solo grinding as a wizo is silly talk. I will try this.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Hai Hex :D Just ks that darn veno, you can easily just take aggro.. It's not like it is her private place over there.. Just send her to cube room 4 or TT b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    oh boy ! i just got expel and i nvr used it.. and all the while i thought it seals the 'target'. Means i thought i get to choose who i wanna seal -.- omggggg !

So now i realise from what U guys say, is that the User seals himself and gets Immune to physical ? I only see 1 good point in PK is when I get stun locked by BM ... thats awesome. But if the lock misses and im outta his range with teleport, i prolly cant attk him -.- Reversed effects.

As for grinding, sorry, whats 3rd map ? Sounds pretty neat and I wanna try that =D Im full arcane with 6.3k HP buffed and around 71% pdef reduction full buff, wonder if i'll survive.
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    In open pk (which means all but duels and tw) you can use it on other players. So you basically have a seal without drawback, since you don't do physical damage.

Third Map refers to the Valley of the Scarred, since it is the third map you can unlock with the chrono quest chain. First is OHT, Second Unicorn Forest and fourth Desert.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    oh boy ! i just got expel and i nvr used it.. and all the while i thought it seals the 'target'. Means i thought i get to choose who i wanna seal -.- omggggg !

So now i realise from what U guys say, is that the User seals himself and gets Immune to physical ? I only see 1 good point in PK is when I get stun locked by BM ... thats awesome. But if the lock misses and im outta his range with teleport, i prolly cant attk him -.- Reversed effects.

As for grinding, sorry, whats 3rd map ? Sounds pretty neat and I wanna try that =D Im full arcane with 6.3k HP buffed and around 71% pdef reduction full buff, wonder if i'll survive.

You can use it against other players in PK, as well as yourself. A robe's best friend. Though sometimes it seems to fail in PK when i try to seal the other, and end up sealing myself. =/

But if I do get it off.. Expel - Triple spark - 2 spark pot - undine - Force of Will - Sage dragon - LOLUDEAD?.

With sage DB and expel you should be just fine pulling the entire map and AOEing them. With a few HP pots, it's child's play. =)

I prefer Expel over tree of protection, because chances are a bish would try to sneak up and lower your HP enough to make you die to mobs. If you take no Damage at all with expel, that wouldn't be a problem; more then enough time to avoid dieing to mobs. But then again, that's on a PvP server, so yeah.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Hai Hex :D Just ks that darn veno, you can easily just take aggro.. It's not like it is her private place over there.. Just send her to cube room 4 or TT b:bye

I think that veno sleeps there, but I don't care. I just go there and do my job. Unless someone tells me specifically "hey, I'm on Hypers, can I please have the place for another x minutes" I just go and lure/kill at will.

And yeah, to answer my original post myself, I put lvl 9 expel on my genie. I was grinding with ToP before, but Expel is much more convenient and with a way longer protection time. Besides, repair bill goes down a lot since mobs don't really hit you.
    basically I can have at the moment 9.5 seconds of Phys imunity. That insures every mob (except mag res)is going down by the time the effect wears off.
    So basically at the moment the limit of mobs lured is just how many of them are on the map, I don't need pots (unless I end up with 3 or more Magic resist ones - rarely happens) and gear doesn't really matters - except weapon. I could have half the HP I have right now and still be able to aoe grind the whole 3rd map just using the genie Expel.
    I'll make a vid of a few pulls and tricks I discovered and put it on youtube, then you can add it to your grinding guide. Would be a shame not to have it there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i do need a low pot to prevent my charm from ticking -.- (but they drop more pots then i use)
    awww i guess i need a pot cause i didnt get demon-db yet :P

any other mobs like those in third map?
    i like potato
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Which gives better exp? FC or AOE Grinding?
    The doctor will see you now.
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    the problem u prolly got with the pvp with expel is it can only be used on friendly targets.
    AKA someone without swords over them.
    So if u wanna use it for pvp open with it otherwise it casts on yerself if you try after fight starts.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    the problem u prolly got with the pvp with expel is it can only be used on friendly targets.
    AKA someone without swords over them.
    So if u wanna use it for pvp open with it otherwise it casts on yerself if you try after fight starts.

Um, no. Friendly is any other player except one in a duel with you, or one in a TW.
  • Cosoc - Sanctuary
    Cosoc - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    does expel work against physical magic damage, like plume shot?
    can u get stunned out of expel?
    eg db + expel against a bm, then he stuns u... does this interupt expel?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]