tips to become a better wizard.

Thirion - Dreamweaver
Thirion - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Wizard
(sorry for my english)
so any way, once upon a time, i made a wizard.

and it was cool and stuff. every thing i learned from the forums, i implented the knowledge into the wizard.
long story short- it SUCKed. stupid guide lines and worse tips on upgrading my wizard. i was effected by wiz kiddies who were too excited about their ult's and what not...

any way. at lvl 71, after 10 levels of reset- into LA, my wiz became so poor and weak, that i gave up on him, and made a new wizard.
and this new wizard is awsome!! rich and powerfull.

so here some tips, on to how your wizard should be (my new wiz is currently lvl 69, nice number, DUH)

first of all, go pure arcane. that is 1 str, 9 mag - every 2 levels. why not LA you ask? becuase LA only suit PVP servers, and even then, you DIE. yes, you DIE at any case, against any one, any time, any Pk/Tw/PVP modes. it doesn't matter if you got LA or PA on. but with pure arcane, you can do helluva more damage, bigger mana pool, and the dex-crit-ratio isn't that much of a difference.

here are the skill's that you should care about, from lvl 1 to 69:

Pyrogram - lvl 10. - because i said so.
Gush - lvl 10. - because i said so.
Stone Rain - lvl 10. - because i said so.
Glacial Embrace - lvl 10. - because the mana regen, suprisingly, is quite a pot saver. i dont sit any more, and i feel like a veno on drugs.
Stone Barrier - lvl 10. - some say that stone barrier is more importent then glacial embrace.. THEIR WRONG. you'r a wiz! you'r made of glass, and thats like adding MORE glass! you can wait with that untill lvl 69 for all i care. thogh, you will need it someday, so do upgrade it.
The Dragon's Breath - lvl 7. - no more then that! lvl 8-10 wil make you steal aggro, and you dont wana do that...
Wellspring Quaff - lvl 5. - Duh. because i said so. you can upgrade it higher later, if you want to TT with more mana pool, but if you ask me, save the coins.
Sandstorm - lvl 10. -ok, so at lvl 69 you cant get it to lvl 10 yet, its gona be lvl 8. but one thing i do have to say about it... dont rush with it. you'r barely gona use sandstorm on mobs and critters, so feel free like a hippie, and think twice, if you got the coins to spare for it.
Distance Shrink - lvl 10. because i said so.
Essential Sutra - lvl 1. duh

and here some skills for strategy. keep them at lvl 1, because any higher lvl on that, will be of no difference to your combat style, and you need the coins for gold (unless calamity (b:surrender) will spread their fortune with the needy).

Divine Pyrogram - lvl 1. also, because there's barely any difference betwin divine and normal pyro, because that divine takes longer time to cast, and because you dont sutra-combo, untill you reach lvl 80, when it matters.
Morning Dew - lvl 1. because it's your first aid kit spell. and you'r not gona cube, unless you'r a heavy Boutique donald trump. up untill lvl 70+. and this post is for lvl 1-69.
.. yea, i know morning dew, at lvl 7, is importent for cubing. but let's face it, wizard+cube=emo kid.
Glacial Snare - lvl 1. like divine pyrogramd. glacial snare to gush..
Black Ice Dragon Strike - lvl 1. to show off =) the 20k crit damage % exist only to make you smile, for 3 seconds. yea, you'r gona need it after lvl 75, if you wana TW.
Force of Will - lvl 1. because, like i said many times befor. lvl 2-10 make no difference in a long run. if you fight 1 mob 1v1, he will die befor you'r even gona think about using it. it exist so if you pull 2, you could bash one back, as you kill your target.
Will of the Phoenix - lvl 1. because .. like force of will.

any other skill that i haven't mentioned, doesnt worth me typing about it. all because you dont need it + it's useless, and you should not even learn it, unless you need to reach a higher tech skill. so keep the useless at lvl 1, untill it matters. OR, the skill requirment is for higher lvl then 69, and this tips are only good for lvl 1-69... for any of you who hasn't realised this yet xD

OK. now that im off the skill tips, here are other things you wana do, or not do, in your near future of development:
DONT BUY THE LAME IRON HAMMERS, from the boutique. their probebly worth betwin 1 mil to 2.5 mil in your server, and for first use, you get a weapon, that is only good for lvl 50-60. and trust me on this, you'r not gona remember lvl 50-60 once you lvl to 61. useless, expensive, and your regular weapon from lvl 43+ would suit you better. and if not, TEAM with someone!

DO team with people for questing. and do your BH, and EAT your vegtables!
Learn blacksmith, if you havent already, and Learn APOTHACERY - it's a must. mana food, such as realgar+golden herbs recipe, it would make you weep out of joy, of how you'r not a useless drag in any TT to come.

if you followed this tips of mine, and you dont buy stuff from the boutique, or buy boutique gold period - you should be standing on a fortune of 4 milion coins (wow!) at lvl 69 somthing.
YAY. now go buy a land mount! as cheap as they come! 1 land mount is a great improment. infact, you should buy one when you can afford to.
with this land mount invetment, not only you can farm mats for wines and what not, you can also save time, and injoy the game by x10 more.

oh, and just to finish this post, just incase you havent realised, your job is to shoot, and if you 1v1 a mob, dont let him hurt you. blink back every time the move is gaining on you, and use the phonix to push melee mobs back.
archers are your biggest enemy. find a melee team player assist to help you, if you get over your head.

that's ALL you need to know. now go back into your world and think about how smart you became!

(if i forgot somthing, SORRY. post under if you got some sort of enlightment, but do mind that any **** that ruin the game play will be BURNED)
Post edited by Thirion - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Cute b:victory
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Max wellspring asap. Why?

Let's assume we're 90+ here for kicks. Look at sage/demon spark. If you're pure magic at 90+, you'll have a mana pool of nearly 15k with the wellspring MP bonus. Spark, and you'll regenerate about 4.5K MP. If you're sage, you can also count on pyrogram charging your sparks quite a bit faster (Nearly half a spark every time it procs). This nearly makes it so you're almost completely self-sufficient MP wise, almost never having to pot (Assuming you don't use MP charms) unless you like to spam Undine.
    Pfft. Max it ASAP. Using this along with force of will gives you the ability to share grinding bragging rights with a venomancer

Repair bills? Lolwut?
    Divine Pyrogram - lvl 1. also, because there's barely any difference betwin divine and normal pyro, because that divine takes longer time to cast, and because you dont sutra-combo, untill you reach lvl 80, when it matters.

Damage difference between Glacial → gush and D. Pyro → Pyro is much larger than you let on. And glacial debuffs movement speed so badly that they might as well not be moving at all. Max to your level ASAP.

TL;DR → Your skill guide sucks.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I agree with Amour b:cuteb:pleased

The old guides arent always right, but more right than this one. But if this is your style, then keep doing it like this =] I think every wiz should devellop his/her own playing style and if they like it its good.

...your style just isn't mine. I disagree with many things you said, and I think that at lvl69 you can't say enough about the usefullness of some skills yet. Im just not really having time to explain what exactly but I'm sure others here will do xD
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This thread is the trolliest thread under the bridge.

edit: Hi Amour b:wave
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Mr_Mokona - Lost City
    Mr_Mokona - Lost City Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The old guides arent always right, but more right than this one. But if this is your style, then keep doing it like this =] I think every wiz should devellop his/her own playing style and if they like it its good.

...your style just isn't mine. I disagree with many things you said, and I think that at lvl69 you can't say enough about the usefullness of some skills yet. Im just not really having time to explain what exactly but I'm sure others here will do xD

Pretty much what i think.
    The stickied guides we already have give a good basic understanding and knowlege on wizards and thier skills.
    They also eventually say things which are thier opinions, but your "guide" if were classing it as that is very oppinionated.

I dissagree with alot that you have said, that is not to say that you are wrong.
    It is VERY important that you gain a style of play that works for you as an individual player. So if it works for you then it you shouldnt give a **** what you, me or bobby mcgee thinks. But you shouldnt dictate your way to others.
    I dunno what it is, but your post seems somewhat arrogant...
    Not excessive, like some people, and i understand youv taken the time to write this, but its not exactly anything new or helpful, to both new and experienced players.

Over all, i disagree with alot that you have said, and many others will also.
    But if this is your style then stick to it and be happy ^_~
  • hilltrot
    hilltrot Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't necessarily believe in his guide, but he isn't arrogant. (I am a cash shopper, so his guide isn't really for me. . .) This guy was frustrated with the guides currently available so after he believed he found a better way, he shared it with everyone. He wasn't arrogant, he was expressing frustration.

Arrogance is when somebody demands their guide become a sticky. Or demands their friend's guide become a sticky. That's arrogance.

I hate it when people say someone is arrogant because they denounce advice from a so-called "expert". *They* are the ones who are being arrogant. Their "expert" is ordained by God, so no one had better say anything bad about their advice.

Are you claiming he is arrogant because he claims his advice is better? If someone comes to the forum with another class guide or leveling suggestion should they really present it if they don't feel it is better than others in at least some way?

"Hello everyone, I thought I'd waste everyone's time with lousy and stupid leveling guides."

There is a point at which modesty is not a virtue.

The complete lack of logic on game forums astounds me.
  • DangerouZ - Dreamweaver
    DangerouZ - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i dont understand why ppl make wizards out to be hard pve wise, find ur combo that works for you and boom dead mobs, find a mob that u cant figure out a combo for, can always kite it with gush, on my previous wizards i hardly ever died pre 60, thats all tips really needed, wizards arent hard, its ppl who fail at playing them that make them hard, u have to pay attn as a wiz, god forbid.
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    your guide sucks.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    *infiltrates Wizard Forum Barrier*

69 is too low a level to say which skills are more useful.Wait till u get to Sage/Demon.
    Now,that's the time to debate.

Now,to find a way out before I get hit by some random spell b:avoid

edit:
    random:I'm rolling a wiz
  • Thirion - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    @Amour ~ thank you b:victory

@Astoru ~ dont assume. if i state, many times, that this tips are for lvl 1-69, then i mean it. if you'r still thinking about lvl 90+, then you got a problem with reading :|
    i already stated, that the skill i was talking about were skills that are needed, and any over-investment in them will make you pay more coins, coins that are needed for gold-coin profits. the 500,000k you'r gona spand on 1 skill, could be the 2 milion of tomorrow, in gold-coin trade.
    --
    and about the phoenix? yea.. not in the lvls 1-69, that would be just dump. the phoenix isnt strong enough, and there are NO grinding mobs, that are worth grinding. the whole point of being at lvls 1-69, is to lvls quick to 70+. and THEN you can grind happily and profitly.
    that's at least my opinion.
    repair bills= NON to barely, only to fix the weapon bill, which is.. what, 3000? 4000?

@Isjitar ~ and i disagree with you :| the old guides, as they hold some truth to them, are 1. confusing (LA choise? no way!) 2. planning your game play for lvl 90+, and alot can go wrong in the middle. - and this is why i keep stating.. tips for lvl 1-69.
    and like i said, my first wizard been played with the sticky guides first, and now his an LA wizard, with all the skills that i should've got, by the stickie guides. and now his POOR and WEAK.

so yes. any wizard should develop this his own method, about playing his own player.
    but i hope you agree, that this game doesnt leave much room to people who developed badly. just as you wont take a heavy armored wizard with you into TT. and yes.. there are wizards like that who still play the game, and thats why you dont see many wizards around.. because they quit at lvl 20, and reroll to BM'S.

now.. yea, at lvl 69 i cant say alot about some skills usefullness. i know the ults are importent, sutra combo skills are importent, and what not.
    but raising them at such a low lvl.. is just un-efficient. the main reason why wizards say that "wizard class is the poor'st in the game. :\ so yea..

@Nakhimov ~ "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."
    if you are emotional about it, go see a shrink b:sad

@Mr_Mokona ~ mmhm.. well, it is my opinion xD
    i tryed to change my game style. but any other style would probebly be less efficient :|
    so basicly. yea, the idea of this game, and any other game, is to have fun. but wizards, unlike other class's, take stategy and thinking. my tips are here to help them form the best-safe strategy, and is much more intended to new players, then experienced players.

@hilltrot ~ ty! you hit the target :D this is all coming from my second-wizard experience.
    thogh i did claimed that my advice are better. but i also restricted my tips to some. my tips wont work for any lvl higher then 69, and would not allow you to pvp, or cube, or any thing else- other then BH, TT, PVE. and as a pure DD. (i dont belive in "assist wizard", or you dd, or you dont.)

@DangerouZ ~ the higher lvl you gained, the harder it is to pve. mobs become stronger, and more rangefull. i guess that's the base of the claim :\

@I_sage_i - Harshlands ~ THANK YOU! :D
  • Thirion - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010

69 is too low a level to say which skills are more useful.Wait till u get to Sage/Demon.
    Now,that's the time to debate.

Now,to find a way out before I get hit by some random spell b:avoid

edit:
    random:I'm rolling a wiz

lol. if you'r rolling wizard, good luck ;) use my tips if you find them usefull. you can also use other guides, but consider this- you will probebly gona need to pull coins and resources to support this wizard >_>; for extra skills and what not.
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @Isjitar ~ and i disagree with you :| the old guides, as they hold some truth to them, are 1. confusing (LA choise? no way!) 2. planning your game play for lvl 90+, and alot can go wrong in the middle. - and this is why i keep stating.. tips for lvl 1-69.
    and like i said, my first wizard been played with the sticky guides first, and now his an LA wizard, with all the skills that i should've got, by the stickie guides. and now his POOR and WEAK.

so yes. any wizard should develop this his own method, about playing his own player.
    but i hope you agree, that this game doesnt leave much room to people who developed badly. just as you wont take a heavy armored wizard with you into TT. and yes.. there are wizards like that who still play the game, and thats why you dont see many wizards around.. because they quit at lvl 20, and reroll to BM'S.

now.. yea, at lvl 69 i cant say alot about some skills usefullness. i know the ults are importent, sutra combo skills are importent, and what not.
    but raising them at such a low lvl.. is just un-efficient. the main reason why wizards say that "wizard class is the poor'st in the game. :\ so yea..

well, I never said the old sticky guides need to be followed exactly, I said they are a base if you really have no idea what to do but they shouldnt be more than that. I am extremely agaisnt following a guide exactly. You need to understand your skills anyways or you cant play a class, no matter what guide you follow. And if you understand your skills, you actually dont really need a guide anymore. The way I see guides is as a bunch of ideas where you can think about, and maybe learn something from.
    And about your "LA NO WAY" statement.. I know some very good LA wizards. They know how to play that built and it is just their style. That it isnt meant for you (also not for me, I've always been pure ^^) doesnt mean it's not good for anyone at all.

for your 2.... i dont really understand what you mean? If you mean that I look back at it from the view of a lvl90+.. I do remember how it was to be lvl69-, really. I know the horrors of the swamps, of dying fast, and so on. If you mean that people plan their wiz with the endgame levels in mind... what's wrong with that? A good endgame built has to grow, and you need to decide your own way how you make it grow. Also, you say tips for lvl1-69. You cant really compare lvl1 to lvl69 >.> better say tips from lvl39-69 or something like that...

And yes I agree with you that the game doesnt leave much room to those that develloped badly... but thats why they develloped badly. Its bad. If it was good there would be more room for them, right? And personally, I like it that there are so little wizards at higher lvls ^^ we're rare, and we know that many gave up, we're 'elite' xD

The sticky guide tells you wich skills to get, and I agree with most they say.. but I cant remember if they also say WHEN you need to get them. Ofcourse, dont level your ulti's when you still need other important skills. But for that you need insight, you need to understand your skills and built. And that's what makes you to a good wiz ^^ The ones that gave up dont have this. So here again, the sticky guides are just... guidelines you can follow, tips, ideas.. nothing more, you should decide yourself what you follow and what not.

ooh and omg you spelled my name right <3
    so many people can't, for some reason :'(
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i didnt read all of it but i saw

black ice dragon = lvl 1

and i got mad and left
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    (sorry for my english)
    so any way, once upon a time, i made a wizard.

and it was cool and stuff. every thing i learned from the forums, i implented the knowledge into the wizard.
    long story short- it SUCKed. stupid guide lines and worse tips on upgrading my wizard. i was effected by wiz kiddies who were too excited about their ult's and what not...

any way. at lvl 71, after 10 levels of reset- into LA, my wiz became so poor and weak, that i gave up on him, and made a new wizard.
    and this new wizard is awsome!! rich and powerfull.

so here some tips, on to how your wizard should be (my new wiz is currently lvl 69, nice number, DUH)

first of all, go pure arcane. that is 1 str, 9 mag - every 2 levels. why not LA you ask? becuase LA only suit PVP servers, and even then, you DIE. yes, you DIE at any case, against any one, any time, any Pk/Tw/PVP modes. it doesn't matter if you got LA or PA on. but with pure arcane, you can do helluva more damage, bigger mana pool, and the dex-crit-ratio isn't that much of a difference.

Pyrogram - lvl 10. - because i said so.
    Gush - lvl 10. - because i said so.
    Stone Rain - lvl 10. - because i said so.
    Glacial Embrace - lvl 10. - because the mana regen, suprisingly, is quite a pot saver. i dont sit any more, and i feel like a veno on drugs.
    Stone Barrier - lvl 10. - some say that stone barrier is more importent then glacial embrace.. THEIR WRONG. you'r a wiz! you'r made of glass, and thats like adding MORE glass! you can wait with that untill lvl 69 for all i care. thogh, you will need it someday, so do upgrade it.
    The Dragon's Breath - lvl 7. - no more then that! lvl 8-10 wil make you steal aggro, and you dont wana do that...
    Wellspring Quaff - lvl 5. - Duh. because i said so. you can upgrade it higher later, if you want to TT with more mana pool, but if you ask me, save the coins.
    Sandstorm - lvl 10. -ok, so at lvl 69 you cant get it to lvl 10 yet, its gona be lvl 8. but one thing i do have to say about it... dont rush with it. you'r barely gona use sandstorm on mobs and critters, so feel free like a hippie, and think twice, if you got the coins to spare for it.
    Distance Shrink - lvl 10. because i said so.
    Essential Sutra - lvl 1. duh

and here some skills for strategy. keep them at lvl 1, because any higher lvl on that, will be of no difference to your combat style, and you need the coins for gold (unless calamity (b:surrender) will spread their fortune with the needy).

Morning Dew - lvl 1. because it's your first aid kit spell. and you'r not gona cube, unless you'r a heavy Boutique donald trump. up untill lvl 70+. and this post is for lvl 1-69.
    .. yea, i know morning dew, at lvl 7, is importent for cubing. but let's face it, wizard+cube=emo kid.
    Black Ice Dragon Strike - lvl 1. to show off =) the 20k crit damage % exist only to make you smile, for 3 seconds. yea, you'r gona need it after lvl 75, if you wana TW.
    Force of Will - lvl 1. because, like i said many times befor. lvl 2-10 make no difference in a long run. if you fight 1 mob 1v1, he will die befor you'r even gona think about using it. it exist so if you pull 2, you could bash one back, as you kill your target.

any other skill that i haven't mentioned, doesnt worth me typing about it. all because you dont need it + it's useless, and you should not even learn it, unless you need to reach a higher tech skill. so keep the useless at lvl 1, untill it matters. OR, the skill requirment is for higher lvl then 69, and this tips are only good for lvl 1-69... for any of you who hasn't realised this yet xD

OK. now that im off the skill tips, here are other things you wana do, or not do, in your near future of development:
    DONT BUY THE LAME IRON HAMMERS, from the boutique. their probebly worth betwin 1 mil to 2.5 mil in your server, and for first use, you get a weapon, that is only good for lvl 50-60. and trust me on this, you'r not gona remember lvl 50-60 once you lvl to 61. useless, expensive, and your regular weapon from lvl 43+ would suit you better. and if not, TEAM with someone!

DO team with people for questing. and do your BH, and EAT your vegtables!
    Learn blacksmith, if you havent already, and Learn APOTHACERY - it's a must. mana food, such as realgar+golden herbs recipe, it would make you weep out of joy, of how you'r not a useless drag in any TT to come.

if you followed this tips of mine, and you dont buy stuff from the boutique, or buy boutique gold period - you should be standing on a fortune of 4 milion coins (wow!) at lvl 69 somthing.
    YAY. now go buy a land mount! as cheap as they come! 1 land mount is a great improment. infact, you should buy one when you can afford to.
    with this land mount invetment, not only you can farm mats for wines and what not, you can also save time, and injoy the game by x10 more.

oh, and just to finish this post, just incase you havent realised, your job is to shoot, and if you 1v1 a mob, dont let him hurt you. blink back every time the move is gaining on you, and use the phonix to push melee mobs back.
    archers are your biggest enemy. find a melee team player assist to help you, if you get over your head.

that's ALL you need to know. now go back into your world and think about how smart you became!

(if i forgot somthing, SORRY. post under if you got some sort of enlightment, but do mind that any **** that ruin the game play will be BURNED)

nice try for a joke, I hope no one is taking this seriously

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I am! In fact I'm going to start playing my Wizard again! But gosh, I sure wish I hadn't already maxxed WotP, Morning Dew, and GS for my level! Oh man I'm so stupid!

But... seriously... nice attempt to help new Wizards, but the guides out there are just fine.
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Some spell - because i said so.
    Some spell - because i said so.
    Above words explain so much ...
    To not steal agro - don't attack or unequip weapon.

My Wizard attack enemy always wiith full power. But if you can't hold agro - don't be kamikadze.

As soon as my Wizard maxed all available for his level (71) skills except Frost Blade and Emberstorm, I can say that all other skills are very useful (for my Wizard).

Including Hailstorm in combo with Will of the Phoenix and other AoE skills.

And no need to wait until level 90 to understand this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tivas - Archosaur
    Tivas - Archosaur Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ive been doing bhs 51 and 59 and i really dont agree to have max FOW at lvl 60s, cause the agro goes for barb, venos pets and with bms stuns i never use it at all, but i agree on Will of the Phoenix its great....

So my thought by now is to add on lv lmore to sandstorm(lvl63) and put divine at lvl 10(kvk64)
    After that ill just add lvls to water spell to have another bomb to hit(fire or earth mobs from bhs)
    Btw i havent put BIDS or BT yet cause at lv l1 they do **** dmg, only put 1lvl to the earth one cause of the stuns it gives am i doing right and my plan for lvls 60s???
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    you know, I always love when lvl 70s have a "moment" and they think they figured out what skills to learn, when, what's best and what's not.
    Makes me LOL almost as much as 80s fighting about Sage/Demon skills.

At low lvl as a wizard you need to max the skills that you use more frequently. Some prefer GS over DP, some dont' use them at all. Some like DOT spells some are ignoring them completely. What all should understand is that wizard has enough skills to give everyone a choice, and around lvl 80-85 when you can spend some time in RB and 85-90 when you can easily gather XP/SP in FC everyone should have enough SP to level all the skills.

After 90, and especially 95, with more than +7 on a lunar weapon every skill that was ignored can become a good alternative in the right conditions.

The beauty of playing a wizard is the number of skills available, from DoT to Nukes and Ultis. We have everything for every possible scenario. We have all we need to have fun and enjoy the game, and that's my advice to every lowbie thinking he just figured out probably the most complex class in the game: go out there, have fun, never for a moment think you know everything or that your way is "the way"!

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vascanonus - Raging Tide
    Vascanonus - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2010

black ice dragon = lvl 1

and i got mad and left

This, as well as

Divine Pyrogram - lvl 1
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2010

black ice dragon = lvl 1

and i got mad and left

why? if u dont do pvp then bt do more dmg on mobs or 2spark burst +skills (cause longer duration) .

i dont see too much sense to pump up before lv80 who dont want use in tw.

(ok i lved but i dont spent any spirit to genie with wizz so i lved bt/bids/3nuke/3mastery same time but alot ppl cant do this)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    .......wait....what be that?
    (O.o)'
    oh noes~
    our barriers has fallen!
    (>.<)
    sound teh alarms!
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    .......wait....what be that?
    (O.o)'
    oh noes~
    our barriers has fallen!
    (>.<)
    sound teh alarms!
    b:shocked

magic why the hell are u still 89 get 100 already i use to be same lvl as u
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    then u discovered FC .... ^^
    BTW, call me in on those FC runs, goes really fast with two of us in it ^^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    then u discovered FC .... ^^
    BTW, call me in on those FC runs, goes really fast with two of us in it ^^

b:cutecall me in too, we can all pwn it!
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze