I'm a lvl 66 Cleric and I can't heal Barb fast in BH

Mayagita - Heavens Tear
Mayagita - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cleric
Greeting's,

When I became a cleric and started to get into my 30-40 lvl's, I noticed I was very slow at casting my spell's, and that I was very squishy.
I reset my attributes to mostly Magic, then Vitality, Strength and Dext. I didn't really see much of a difference. I wear light arcane armor, and a wand infused w/ citrine.

My question's are:

1.) Why am I so slow when casting healing etc, it really bothers me and my squad members when I can't heal the tank fast enough, grrr. He wants me to use lvl 10 Ironheart, and I stack it, but it doesn't heal him as fast as the main Plume heal (can't think of the name right now, blahh), and even then he usually dies when he fights say; Zimo.

2.) I've heard thet armor w/ channeling helps w/ that, but I don't know much about that.

3.) Anything you feel, might benefit Cleric's.

Thank you

*I apologize in advance if this has already been covered on the threads here.
Post edited by Mayagita - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You cannot stat vit if you're wearing light armor; are you wearing light armor for your level or like 20 levels below? Your weapon should also be sharded with sapphire, not citrine, for added healing/attacking power, and make sure your weapon is up to date as well. At your level you should be using the Ancient Arbor.

It's not that your heals aren't fast enough, it's that they're not strong enough. By sacrificing mag points into vit, str, and dex, you're sacrificing a big chunk of healing power. Channeling gears might help with your problem, though at your level it would be hard to find such gears. Aim for channeling on your neck, belt, and rings, and +mag attack on your rings. Your main heal should be Ironheart blessing, not any other heal. Definitely not Blessing of the Purehearted. As a non-pure mag cleric, you should be spamming Ironheart Blessing--casting it nonstop on tank to allow it to stack heavily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Mayagita - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    You cannot stat vit if you're wearing light armor; are you wearing light armor for your level or like 20 levels below? Your weapon should also be sharded with sapphire, not citrine, for added healing/attacking power, and make sure your weapon is up to date as well. At your level you should be using the Ancient Arbor.

It's not that your heals aren't fast enough, it's that they're not strong enough. By sacrificing mag points into vit, str, and dex, you're sacrificing a big chunk of healing power. Channeling gears might help with your problem, though at your level it would be hard to find such gears. Aim for channeling on your neck, belt, and rings, and +mag attack on your rings. Your main heal should be Ironheart blessing, not any other heal. Definitely not Blessing of the Purehearted. As a non-pure mag cleric, you should be spamming Ironheart Blessing--casting it nonstop on tank to allow it to stack heavily.

Thank you so much for your fast reply. I should have given you my attribues in numbers.
    Str 36, Vit 69, Mag 238, Dex 5.
    So I teake all points out of everything except Magic? Also, I always wondered why my armor was a lvl 8, lol.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Don't take anything out of strength... you'll need that to wield your magic weapons and wear robes.

Yeah, you might help to take a little out of vit. I capped mine at 30, and it seems to work well enough. b:victory

The main thing is to make sure your Ironheart and your buffs are all level 10 (physical and magical defense buffs especially, where tanks are concerned).

Make no mistake... Zimo does hit barbs pretty hard (magic attack vs a class that focuses on physical defense >_< ), but heavily stacked IHs should be able to match Zimo. Once the tank's hp has stabilized, I also like to toss in Stream of Rejuvination (a powerful heal with a nice hp bump), but that's merely personal preference. (All other heals are not recommended. They either take too long to cast, or have little payoff.)

It also sometimes helps to start stacking before the boss is pulled. Just pump out an IH or two while the puller pulls. It takes timing, of course, to make sure you don't get healing aggro, but that little bit of regen can help during those shaky first seconds of a boss battle.

For the fb59 bosses, you might also consider letting a different class tank. Wizzies generally have good armor for deflecting mag atk, and can hold aggro well enough; it's just a matter of making sure they don't get hit too bad initially, before you can stack your IHs.

Another skill to keep handy: purify. Watch your tank for debuff icons, so you can knock them out asap. Wyvern, for example, has a nasty increased damage taken debuff that needs to be purified as soon as you see it.

As was said, it's all about making sure you have the magical abilities to sustain all this. Make sure your weapon is up-to-date, and get as many magic+ and magic attack equips as possible... especially if you're going to keep that vitality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thank you so much for your fast reply. I should have given you my attribues in numbers.
    Str 36, Vit 69, Mag 238, Dex 5.
    So I teake all points out of everything except Magic? Also, I always wondered why my armor was a lvl 8, lol.

How can you wear LA with 5 dex? Your stats are fairly good for an AA cleric, albeit needing 2 more str.
    Also, do you have a relatively up-to-date wep?
    EDIT: Also, there is no level 8 LA, aside from some leggings. Are you sure you don't mean Grade 8? (says Lv. 8 right under "Light _____")
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I doubt when she said "Light arcane" she actually meant Light Armor, probably Arcane because it's the "lightest" armor. You're a tad behind on STR by one or two points I believe, but it's not a big deal, just keep adding it every two levels for arcane armor and you'll be fine.

Grade 8 armor, probably what you're wearing, is absolutely fine if you are 6x. That's about where armor is at that level. Unlike requisite levels, Grade levels don't go nearly as high, up to 15 or so, so don't think much about the grade 8.

Your vit is rather high for a cleric, but not that uncommon. If I were you, I would leave it entirely alone and just add 9 Mag and 1 Str every 2 levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Mayagita - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    I doubt when she said "Light arcane" she actually meant Light Armor, probably Arcane because it's the "lightest" armor. You're a tad behind on STR by one or two points I believe, but it's not a big deal, just keep adding it every two levels for arcane armor and you'll be fine.

Grade 8 armor, probably what you're wearing, is absolutely fine if you are 6x. That's about where armor is at that level. Unlike requisite levels, Grade levels don't go nearly as high, up to 15 or so, so don't think much about the grade 8.

Your vit is rather high for a cleric, but not that uncommon. If I were you, I would leave it entirely alone and just add 9 Mag and 1 Str every 2 levels.

Ok, thank you so much, this has really set my mind to rest. I was a bit worried.
    Aadi, I took your suggestion I just got an Ancient Arbor magic sword w/ sapphire. I like it so far.

Thank both of you for the great tips that I will indeed follow. "Smiles".
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ok, thank you so much, this has really set my mind to rest. I was a bit worried.
    Aadi, I took your suggestion I just got an Ancient Arbor magic sword w/ sapphire. I like it so far.

Thank both of you for the great tips that I will indeed follow. "Smiles".

:) b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Trayous - Sanctuary
    Trayous - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Was this just a one of case ? because some Barbs dont put alot of effort into there armour and think there HP alone is enough. When encountering Magic mobs its not and healing becomes more intensive.

Once the tank has agro then asume he needs constant IH's and then moderate to how his HP drops but dont stop just because his HP seems to stay maxed thats probably cause your IH's are doing the trick , just slow down on casting intervals .
  • Nieka - Harshlands
    Nieka - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Greeting's,

When I became a cleric and started to get into my 30-40 lvl's, I noticed I was very slow at casting my spell's, and that I was very squishy.
    I reset my attributes to mostly Magic, then Vitality, Strength and Dext. I didn't really see much of a difference. I wear light arcane armor, and a wand infused w/ citrine.

My question's are:

1.) Why am I so slow when casting healing etc, it really bothers me and my squad members when I can't heal the tank fast enough, grrr. He wants me to use lvl 10 Ironheart, and I stack it, but it doesn't heal him as fast as the main Plume heal (can't think of the name right now, blahh), and even then he usually dies when he fights say; Zimo.

2.) I've heard thet armor w/ channeling helps w/ that, but I don't know much about that.

3.) Anything you feel, might benefit Cleric's.

Thank you

*I apologize in advance if this has already been covered on the threads here.

kk there are two things you need to look at when it comes to healing. the first the your base magical attack and lvl of the skill your using. if you notice the healing skills have alot to do with your base magical attack so you heal for more you need more magic. the
    The second thing is your channeling time. if you think that your spells are to slow then try for gear that gives -channeling there are rings and molds for gear that will give you this.
    Alot of clerics like to stack there character with vit and i disagree a pure mag cleric will hit harder and heal for more. although it will be a pain in the lower lvl's because of your low hp it will pay off when you get into the higher lvls.
    Two things i would like to see you do is cahnge back to an arcane build and from now on dont put citrine on a weapon either put stone of the savent which gives -3 channeling or saphire shards which give you more mag attack.

I hope i have been helpfull and keep playing a cleric. GOOD LUCK
  • Salpix - Harshlands
    Salpix - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I agree with these peeps. It may either be that your weapon should get updated to change your base magic to change the effect of your healing, or maybe your tank is lame, and perhaps doesnt know how to tank. b:victory
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    most barbs and blademasters (especially until 90) have tiny elemental resistances because they wear both protection (phys) belt and necklace and shard armoury either with citrines (hp) or garnets (phys). it's their own fault being squishies versus magic bosses. but... at your lvl you should be aware of the differences between arcane, light and heavy so you'd know barbarians aren't the best tanks for the 5 bosses in valley of disaster(fb59).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sounds like a combination of the wrong healing spell (if you were mixing purehearteds in) and an overconfidant - underskilled/equipped barb. Stack ironheart and don't stop casting it - if the barb can't stay alive with that, odds are it's his problem, not yours. The mobs in bh59 are all magic attack, so barbs tend to have trouble in there. Don't stop casting it = don't take your finger off the button. I've met too many new clerics who think pressing the hotkey to cast a heal every 5-10 seconds counts as spamming heals :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    that would not we me i spamm always being not pure and all well untill i see hp being 100 to 98% then i spamm less often cos u gota purify 2 and aoe heal so its a full job watching alls hp up and downb:laugh
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You could also use well spring surge if you you see the barbs red bar going down.Don't forget the rest of your sqd either keep an eye on them.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.