Need A Lil' Guidance/Help.

Nyz - Lost City
Nyz - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cleric
hello, i am a level 42 Pure Int cleric build.
(9 Mag 1 Str) every 2 levels, and i think i have messed up.
could anyone work out what my Mag and Str should be at level 42 pure int?
i tried myself, but i get confused easily b:surrender
and i'm failing at getting the formula for working it out.
all help will be greatly appreciated.
b:dirty
Post edited by Nyz - Lost City on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Base at level 1: 5
    Every 2 levels, not counting the first, you put in 9 mag and 1 str. So from 1 --> 42 means you leveled up 41 times. I'll work with 40 since it divides evenly. 40/2 = 20

That means you should have put in 9 * 20 = 180 mag and 20 str by level 41. Now, keeping in mind your base amounts, your unmodified stats should be: 185 mag and 25 str.

At 42 you have 5 extra points to allocate. So that's up to you. At 43, if you follow the pattern, you'll have 189 mag and 26 str.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    why do you think you have messed up?

do you have enough strength to wear arcane items and magic weapon at minimal lvl required?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Nyz - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Every 2 levels you gain 9 mag and 1 str, so 42/2 = 21

That means you should have put in 9 * 21 = 189 mag and 21 str. Now add 5 to both of those and your stats should be, without any gear bonuses: 194 mag and 26 str.

thank goodness we have a genius in our midst. and if it's not too much to ask, have i been putting my str on on odd or even levels?
    it's because i took a break for this account and lost track of what i was doing. b:angry
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    thank goodness we have a genius in our midst. and if it's not too much to ask, have i been putting my str on on odd or even levels?
    it's because i took a break for this account and lost track of what i was doing. b:angry

Nah I just like math. Also, I edited my post. I was a bit off and divided wrong cause I forgot to factor in that you'd have a full 10 points to work with at 43.

As for knowing the sequence that you put str in, I have no idea and there's no way for me to know since it's an arbitrary arithmetic sequence (that is, it makes no diff whether you put 5 + 4 mag or 4 + 5 mag) =/

I put in str every other level, but that was just me.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Nyz - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Nah I just like math. Also, I edited my post. I was a bit off and divided wrong cause I forgot to factor in that you'd have a full 10 points to work with at 43.

As for knowing the sequence that you put str in, I have no idea and there's no way for me to know since it's an arbitrary arithmetic sequence (that is, it makes no diff whether you put 5 + 4 mag or 4 + 5 mag) =/

I put in str every other level, but that was just me.

okok, so i how should i continue with the Pure Int build? What level should i add strength in and such to get back on track?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    What are your current stats? If they don't fall into the numbers I gave you, then just adjust it for a few levels. You cannot be that off.

Good luck b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyz - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    What are your current stats? If they don't fall into the numbers I gave you, then just adjust it for a few levels. You cannot be that off.

Good luck b:victory

26strength and 189 mag. so should i leave str now until level 45? then continue with leveling strength every odd level, so 45, 47, 49, etc.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    26strength and 189 mag. so should i leave str now until level 45? then continue with leveling strength every odd level, so 45, 47, 49, etc.

Exactly, just add mag until 45. Side note: I always find it easier to remember if I just don't add the points until I have 10. Then I can do 1 str, 9 mag at once and not have to remember whether or not I added str last level or not.

Before that I used to says "Well it's ODD to add str to a magic character, so I add it on ODD levels!" Dx

Hi b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Nyz - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Exactly, just add mag until 45. Side note: I always find it easier to remember if I just don't add the points until I have 10. Then I can do 1 str, 9 mag at once and not have to remember whether or not I added str last level or not.

Before that I used to says "Well it's ODD to add str to a magic character, so I add it on ODD levels!" Dx

Hi b:bye

^That.
    is why i love you nic. b:dirty
    Did you delete me on Aadi you silly woman? ;)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    ^That.
    is why i love you nic. b:dirty
    Did you delete me on Aadi you silly woman? ;)

Yeah cause you quit and my fl got full, bum. Besides I'm barely on Aadi to do more than catshop, WQ, and ress people, I've got a sin alt. That and I've been consumed with rl things. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Nyz - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Yeah cause you quit and my fl got full, bum. Besides I'm barely on Aadi to do more than catshop, WQ, and ress people, I've got a sin alt. That and I've been consumed with rl things. b:cute

add me on any account. i'm bored and i'm still red. i wanna do something with my old pal :)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    add me on any account. i'm bored and i'm still red. i wanna do something with my old pal :)

I'm not "on" right now, I'm catshopping, surfing the web, chatting on facebook, and reading a visual novel. I've had people that PM me every day to do their BHs, and it's gotten to the point where they just say "Are you ever here?" because...I'm almost never there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Every 2 levels, not counting the first, you put in 9 mag and 1 str. So from 1 --> 42 means you leveled up 41 times. I'll work with 40 since it divides evenly. 40/2 = 20

That means you should have put in 9 * 20 = 180 mag and 20 str by level 41. Now, keeping in mind your base amounts, your unmodified stats should be: 185 mag and 25 str.

At 42 you have 5 extra points to allocate. So that's up to you. At 43, if you follow the pattern, you'll have 189 mag and 26 str.

You sound like an Archerb:chuckle
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Just for the sake of it, adding 1 str every two levels comes out to the formula:

str = ceil( level / 2 ) + 4

where ceil() takes the ceiling of a number - i.e. rounds up to an integer if level/2 is not an integer.

Because of the ceil (which only seems applicable for arcane headgear, and possibly leggings?) adding 1 strength at odd levels is appropriate.

To wear a magic weapon, the formula should be magic = level * 3 + 4, but the actual requirements vary at higher levels and by weapon (point: ancient arbor: level * 3). level * 3 + 4 is the most you'll ever need (point: emerald: level * 3 + 4). Wands seem to take the most magic and patakas the least.
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    bha pure build bore the hell out of me all i have 2 say well have fun being 1 shooted
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    You sound like an Archerb:chuckle

Am not! b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]