Question on Gear/Refines

Options
/DangerouZ - Lost City
/DangerouZ - Lost City Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Wizard
ive decided i want to roll a wizard cuz i always play mage type classes, my question is this, im goin to be pve to 9x be4 i even think bout pvp/tw, so in getting to 9x, shud i put in 20-50 vit, or would ah gear with hp adds be smarter and around 7x or 8x maybe +2 or +3 it. cuz id like to avoid vit points if at all possible, i know if worse comes to worse i can always kite with gush but generally what would be the better way of gettin hp and cost efficient, thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A wiz at low lvls is always going to be tough. If you are worried about dying too much you can try a light armor wiz but then you will probably want to restat to pure later. I went pure from the beginning. It was tough and I died lots but I'm not regretting it now. Make sure you use your physical defense barrier.

For hp I would say it's most efficient to get it as adds on gear or use stones in your armor. Adding vit points to a wiz is very inefficient as we only get a few hp points for every vit point we add. (I can't remember the exact number). Once you get up around the 60's you'll be happy you used those points in magic instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amasaya - Heavens Tear
    Amasaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Everyone keeps saying how it gets much easier when you get to level 60... Well, it didn't work for me like that.. Mostly because of two factors.

#1 Swamps b:shocked During swamps I added 20 vit because I was tired of dying so much over and over...
    #2 BH 59 Failsquads b:angry
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    Belheldar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1 vit =10 hp i think
  • Dvalinn - Lost City
    Dvalinn - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    #2 BH 59 Failsquads b:angry
    How is this even possible.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Everyone keeps saying how it gets much easier when you get to level 60... Well, it didn't work for me like that.. Mostly because of two factors.

#1 Swamps b:shocked During swamps I added 20 vit because I was tired of dying so much over and over...

i died too few time in swamp, i allways tryed make squad from quests and if dont was i made 1h quest .
  • Amasaya - Heavens Tear
    Amasaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How is this even possible.

DOH! Well everything is possible when you're tired :) I wanted to say "BH51"
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I was already wondering lol. BH 59 is the easiest thing ever for a wiz. Back in the days I was always tanking the entire BH's (note, we just had water and fire vally for BH back than, and those are abit easyer than say earth).
    Tanking 4 water mag mobs while the barb just died and walking away from it is the best feeling ever (ofc with cleric, but still, once you get 75+ you can use crabmeat and solo them)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There isn't anything wrong with putting in up to 50 vit. A lot of mages do it, that's an extra 500 hp. 1 vit = 10 hp. This has been a topic hit on a lot, the damage difference is almost negligible in pvp, 200pvp damage I believe. So if you want some extra survivability, go for it. You're not going to totally gimp yourself.
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Since no one has really answered your question...
    I believe 50 vit is a PvP thing. If you want to PvE to 90 ignoring pvp and then be pure mag for pvp at 90+ just stick with it from the start. I don't find much use for hp in pve, just play smart and use force of will and phoenix and snare/gush.

If however you're going to use 50 vit after 90 for PvP then just stick it in now and go level.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]