Do I have a correct BM build???

MightyChick - Harshlands
MightyChick - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Blademaster
well I'm now a lvl 26 blademaster now I want to know if I have a correct bm build...I was in a confusion when 1 of my friends told me that my stat build is wrong...

anyway...my stat build is this:

vit: 42
str: 80
mag: 5
dex: 18

the reason on why I'm asking this is....simply I don't wanna **** my build...my friend told me that I should change my build...so my question is:...should I put more points on dex than vit so that I can equip more than 1 weapon?...or simply continue my stat allocation even though my dex is low??

thank u for all your answers
Post edited by MightyChick - Harshlands on

Comments

• LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well if you continue with low dex like that, you'll be a pure axe build. Which ain't that bad considering they get a **** load of AoE and are one of the better build's for a BM. Along with that, Vit is a very useful item to have. If you get a good amount of it, you won't end up needing charms/clerics or other healing items for when your grind.

My suggestion to you:

Cap your vit around 80
    Cap your str at w/e you want
    Cap dex at w/e you want
    NEVER ADD POINTS INTO MAG!
  • Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    Zyfou - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well if you continue with low dex like that, you'll be a pure axe build. Which ain't that bad considering they get a **** load of AoE and are one of the better build's for a BM. Along with that, Vit is a very useful item to have. If you get a good amount of it, you won't end up needing charms/clerics or other healing items for when your grind.

My suggestion to you:

Cap your vit around 80
    Cap your str at w/e you want
    Cap dex at w/e you want
    NEVER ADD POINTS INTO MAG!

Cap it at 80? I had it about that much without gear until I started learning Axes and Fists. Now I'm trying to get rid of my vit so I can use all these weapons at my level.

If you plan on using just one weapon for your char, then yeah putting those extra points into vit might not be a bad idea in the lower levels, maybe. However, higher grade equipment in the high levels give better refinement bonuses for HP, and is also able to add higher grade HP shards. You're also able to get a lot of gear that has +vit bonuses, like full TT90 HA set. Makes me wish I payed more attention before I leveled up so I wouldn't have to invest in resets =P.

I'm not complaining, since I've started multipathing I've been 10 times more effective in squads, solo, and learning all kinds of new tricks you can do from combining skills from different weapon paths.

I think the general vit cap around here is around 30-50? I know I'll have that much when I'm done restatting.
  • MightyChick - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    thx for the suggestions....b:kiss
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    cap vit at 50

add more dex so you can at least use swords and poles

have funb:bye
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Don't 'cap' your vit. Add as much as you like till you hit 90. Keep your Vit and Dex balanced... restat at 90 (or at 80 if for some reason you're foolishly compelled to get 80 gold) when it's worth sharding and refining your armor.

You're on a PvP server, don't gimp your survivability at lower levels.

Intermediate Restat Note is only 5 gold. By the time you hit 90, a restat note or two will be the least of your concerns.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Snugglepuffs - Archosaur
    Snugglepuffs - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm capping my vit at 30... o.O

3 str
    1 vit
    1 dex

3 str
    2 dex onwards

b:laughBut hey, im just a noobb:laugh
  • daikaz
    daikaz Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    We BMs are one of the most, if not the most versatile class, so **** up a build is hard unless you add points into mag (don't EVER do that), as said above, neglecting vit in hopes of getting extra hp at higher levels can:

a) make you an easy target since you live in a PvP server
    b) make you a burden into a squad, since your low survival ability will overwork the cleric, a BM is expected to take care of himself unless he's the main tank

I started as a sword build, and had to restat to be able to use axes, just a basic reset note cuz i was noob enough to add points to mag, my bad, then around 81 i decided it was time to put my sword back on my waist and start using fists, so i restated again using an intermediate reset-all, which was only 5 gold, i wouldn't have used those point in anything else, since they were vital for solo and squad purpouses, having a good hp bar is never a bad thing, remember, you're not a main DD, leave that to wizzys, you're a support/control class expected to save the squishy and even tank if the barb dies (or just be the main tank if there's no kitty around)

Also, your build depends on what weapon you want to use, and if you want to use more than one, focusing on a single path is good until around 65-70, when you start performing specific tasks, we're given 4 weapon paths for a reason, so using only 1 weapon at higher levels is ignoring potential, don't try to use all weapons a low levels tho! i recommend branching to 2nd weapon around 65-70, then 3rd weapon around 75-80, all 4 is definitely possible, but it's up to your consideration if it's worth it, masteries are expensive, and so are skills
    edited April 2010
    daikaz wrote: »
    We BMs are one of the most, if not the most versatile class, so **** up a build is hard unless you add points into mag (don't EVER do that), as said above, neglecting vit in hopes of getting extra hp at higher levels can:

a) make you an easy target since you live in a PvP server
    b) make you a burden into a squad, since your low survival ability will overwork the cleric, a BM is expected to take care of himself unless he's the main tank

I started as a sword build, and had to restat to be able to use axes, just a basic reset note cuz i was noob enough to add points to mag, my bad, then around 81 i decided it was time to put my sword back on my waist and start using fists, so i restated again using an intermediate reset-all, which was only 5 gold, i wouldn't have used those point in anything else, since they were vital for solo and squad purpouses, having a good hp bar is never a bad thing, remember, you're not a main DD, leave that to wizzys, you're a support/control class expected to save the squishy and even tank if the barb dies (or just be the main tank if there's no kitty around)

Also, your build depends on what weapon you want to use, and if you want to use more than one, focusing on a single path is good until around 65-70, when you start performing specific tasks, we're given 4 weapon paths for a reason, so using only 1 weapon at higher levels is ignoring potential, don't try to use all weapons a low levels tho! i recommend branching to 2nd weapon around 65-70, then 3rd weapon around 75-80, all 4 is definitely possible, but it's up to your consideration if it's worth it, masteries are expensive, and so are skills

so I see thx for the answer..!!:)
  • NoYpIIIxxAkO - Harshlands
    NoYpIIIxxAkO - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Don't 'cap' your vit. Add as much as you like till you hit 90. Keep your Vit and Dex balanced... restat at 90 (or at 80 if for some reason you're foolishly compelled to get 80 gold) when it's worth sharding and refining your armor.

You're on a PvP server, don't gimp your survivability at lower levels.

Intermediate Restat Note is only 5 gold. By the time you hit 90, a restat note or two will be the least of your concerns.

as far as u know...you're on a PvP server!!!

well BMs with low dex may be harsh because with low accuracy(since they can hardly hit an archer or an assassin)...u can make your accuracy high by sharding accuracy gem to your weapons....also by the time u get 90...refine is needed in your gear...

restat if u want to...(I did restat when my BM is lvl 94...with 2 intermediate resets)

if u don't want to restat it's up to you

to my concern...add as much vit as u like...also with dex...also with str...BUT NOT IN MAG :))

EDIT: well you're suggestion was right for her since you live in PvP server xD
  • lovernaruto
    lovernaruto Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well...you're really working with your vit...but not in dex lol

well let's see______

vit is necessary since u live in PvP server u can survive at your own will if you're PKing barbs, veno, wizard, psychic, and cleric BUT believe me, if you're gonna PK classes such as archer, assassin, or a axe-fist bm(or bm with high accuracy and evasion) at your lvl range, you will barely land a hit on them since they got high evasion, high accuracy, high critical% PLUS high damage!!

I recommend by the time u got your XS (calamity axes) refine it to +2 or +3 then put sockets on it then shard with immaculate accuracy shard (forgot the name of the shard that gives accuracy to weapons since I quit the game long time ago) that work may help u PK those high evasion players

well have fun with your build
    for me you got a nice stat allocation
    there's nothing wrong with it
    with such high HP and high dmg
    YOU'LL PWN IN PVP :))xD
  • Shadow_angel - Raging Tide
    Shadow_angel - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well...nice build for a pure axe BM

at your lvl (or maybe the time you got high lvl) don't stop putting vitality it's very useful when u want to AoE grind solo or zhen party u can easily kill those freaking mobs..

well I recommend now...(since you're pure axe build this build is great)

for every EVEN NUMBER level

3 str
    1 vit
    1 dex

for every ODD NUMBER level

3 str
    2 vit

hope that helps b:laugh

EDIT: if you want to be a pure axe BM, u should stop a 50 dex since TT90 gold weapon needs 49 dex
    if you want to use other weapon path add dex as much as u like or maybe restat
  • lovernaruto
    lovernaruto Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well...nice build for a pure axe BM

at your lvl (or maybe the time you got high lvl) don't stop putting vitality it's very useful when u want to AoE grind solo or zhen party u can easily kill those freaking mobs..

well I recommend now...(since you're pure axe build this build is great)

for every EVEN NUMBER level

3 str
    1 vit
    1 dex

for every ODD NUMBER level

3 str
    2 vit

hope that helps b:laugh

EDIT: if you want to be a pure axe BM, u should stop a 50 dex since TT90 gold weapon needs 49 dex
    if you want to use other weapon path add dex as much as u like or maybe restat

IN SHORT: add dex every other level xD
  • Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    Zyfou - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    as far as u know...you're on a PvP server!!!

well BMs with low dex may be harsh because with low accuracy(since they can hardly hit an archer or an assassin)...u can make your accuracy high by sharding accuracy gem to your weapons....also by the time u get 90...refine is needed in your gear...

I might be the hugest noob BM on my server, but I thought Misty Forest Rings (+50% Accuracy) solved that problem while allowing people to shard their weapons with Garnets?

I thought sharding +Accuracy to your weapons was a barb thing. b:surrender
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I might be the hugest noob BM on my server, but I thought Misty Forest Rings (+50% Accuracy) solved that problem while allowing people to shard their weapons with Garnets?

Barbs should shard for accuracy as well as pure vit BMs. A dex or hybrid build should shard garnets.

Also, accuracy shards do not receive any bonus for being in a weapon, but garnets do.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited April 2010

yeah I was thinking of those Misty Forest Rings because it gives a decent boost to accuracy BUT at my lvl range, still I can't equip those...also I'm thinking of Sign of Forest: Chaos because it has nice stats...but Misty Forest Rings is nice too!! when I became high lvl I'll keep note to that rings xD
    Barbs should shard for accuracy as well as pure vit BMs. A dex or hybrid build should shard garnets.

Also, accuracy shards do not receive any bonus for being in a weapon, but garnets do.

well maybe I'll start sharding 1 or 2 garnets in my weapon...my Xeno's Sledgehammer has 2 sockets in it i think so I'm thinking I will refine it then shard it xD (ohhhh I can use that sledgehammer in lvl 41b:dirty)

EDIT: that should be Sign of Frost: Chaos wrong name xD
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well I'm now a lvl 26 blademaster now I want to know if I have a correct bm build...I was in a confusion when 1 of my friends told me that my stat build is wrong...

the reason on why I'm asking this is....simply I don't wanna **** my build...my friend told me that I should change my build...so my question is:...should I put more points on dex than vit so that I can equip more than 1 weapon?...or simply continue my stat allocation even though my dex is low??

That is basically my build it is a pretty good build but will have problem with multi-weping in future if keep doing that build can do a Axe main Pole secondary if do not want this have to start NOW putting Dex alot of it i myself made this mistake and now i put like 3-4 Dex level get enough for Pole cause Sword or fist long gone for me(level 62)
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
    edited April 2010
    That is basically my build it is a pretty good build but will have problem with multi-weping in future if keep doing that build can do a Axe main Pole secondary if do not want this have to start NOW putting Dex alot of it i myself made this mistake and now i put like 3-4 Dex level get enough for Pole cause Sword or fist long gone for me(level 62)

well yeah I'm experiencing that problem now but it doesnt matter xD
  • Torges - Sanctuary
    Torges - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010

If u want to be an Axe-Blademaster, then you're good on your way! =)
  • AirunElMarem - Heavens Tear
    AirunElMarem - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't really know why did you open this topic, now we have all kind of guides, and as you see other players just quarell here.

Decide what do you want to do, and choose that build what really fit that type of BM. Pro BMs already wrote down their experience. It's easy just read those topics.

If you read those topic you will know what happens if you cap your vit, and what if you don't cap. What happen if you go for only one weapon etc...
  • sc00ps
    sc00ps Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys, I didnt want to open a new thread for this question so I post it here hoping someone coudl lighten me:

Following Lynduras sticky blademaster guide I ended up with 5str 3dex every two lvls to be able to use both dual- and poleblades.

I started playing PWI in a duo with a friend - he's a wizard - on pve-server.
    Most the time he deals the big numbers while I take care of his bud by controlling and threaten the crowd.
    So I wonder what to do with my 2 sparepoints - should I go for dex because of evasion- and hit-rating or is it better to build up a hp-buffer by statting vit?
    Or should I just go 7str 3dex beacuse a dead enemy is a good enemy?^^

thank u for ur time
    regards,
    sc00ps
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Why not just go 6str/4dex. This will open up axes for your level (the aoes are better the spears) and fists ( the auto attack rate is just awesome)

have fun.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sc00ps
    sc00ps Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Because I dont like axes and hammers, blades and poles are the weapons of my choice - only the stun-skill I have to use hammers/axes with sounds worth switching to hammer/axe during combat.
    Well, what suits better for playing with my wizard mate, statting vit or dex?
    my stats atm at lvl 14:
    500 hp
    279 mp
    vit: 5
    str: 35
    dex: 23
    ph. def.: 405
    ph. atk.: 93-159