The return (potential) of Forks

Forks - Raging Tide
Forks - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Tideswell (East)
So most of my rl things are settling down, the class work is getting easier and the gf is happy, which means I'm actually getting time to sit around and waste again, especially with summer coming up.

I am considering picking up PW again but now that Ive fallen outta the loop with many people and my faction exploded a few weeks after I left. I'm struggling as weather its really a good choice to come back. Also considering the fact that I feel like my toon has been stripped of many of the valuable items and money I acquired after giving my passy to a "friend" to help try to organize some stuff within Resolve....

So easy question, I know very little about a lot of the new features and feel like I may be more of a noob than normal... but....

Is it worth it for me to come back?
Post edited by Forks - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kardaron - Raging Tide
    Kardaron - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Who are you again?
  • Ritalin - Raging Tide
    Ritalin - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No. You have fallen out of Raging Tide thread speak, seeing as you obviously don't know that anything posted in these forums must either be "QQme r teh sux", "Infamu r teh sux", "Why I left X for Y", and random threads by Rawrgh.
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lolz yes you sould come if ur free.....but don't let this game take over your other "prioroties" b:mischievous

Always keep some time aside for the ladies ;)
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Sure if you want to b:chuckle To be honest, I'm planning on possibly stopping PWI for a while since track season is here <___< and i have to catch up my grades since I missed some school..... oh and I have to study for the French II test, advanced biology, 10th grade history, etc. o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i think its "the (potential) return of forks" not sure b:surrender i vote idc because u are a cool guy and all so things will proberly turn out good, but on the other hand PWE is most likely going to **** us all over (again) in the near future so mehb:surrender better do what you like >_>
  • Ritalin - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    brownflamerz how can you call yourself a troll...? You're supposed to give 20 reasons why he shouldn't come back <.>
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I voted for the third option, why? Because no one cares.

Your guild is dead and a level 76 is a nonfactor. Come back if you want to just don't bore us with meaningless threads.

No. You have fallen out of Raging Tide thread speak, seeing as you obviously don't know that anything posted in these forums must either be "QQme r teh sux", "Infamu r teh sux", "Why I left X for Y", and random threads by Rawrgh.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If Forks come back send Fuzzy a msg..

Fuzzy always happy to see old friends return b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luna - Raging Tide
    Luna - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you do come back to stay. Join Varden. It'll be like Resolve never disolved (since Varden owns the lands Resolve did) b:thanksb:chuckle
    9x Psy - Aquaryah - Sanctuary (Main)
    101 Cleric - Nevarya - Sanctuary (Semi-Retired)
    8x Sin - Luna - Raging Tide (Quit Forever)
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Seriously.....these things are getting old as well . Or do you guys just like enlarging QQme and Infamu's e-peens even more ?

On topic : no idea who you are but all I can say is this : if you wanna have any fun & challenging TWs at all , join any other faction besides infamu/qqme b:cute .

/Anti-infamu/QQme Flame shield ON.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • ToyTank - Raging Tide
    ToyTank - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Seriously.....these things are getting old as well . Or do you guys just like enlarging QQme and Infamu's e-peens even more ?

On topic : no idea who you are but all I can say is this : if you wanna have any fun & challenging TWs at all , join any other faction besides infamu/qqme b:cute .

+1

I started playing the game for fun, now its just drama and flame wars.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010

Define "fun" and "challenging" have you taken a look at the TW map recently? Each week the top three factions get a little bit bigger and the other factions get a little bit smaller. This week Night and Tao were both wiped off the map, and other factions on the map seem to share their fate. What's your definition of "fun" and "Challenging"?

If you're in say... Chakra, sure you might have some fun TWs for a while, but anytime Infamy decides to attack their land, it will be a 10 minute war at best, and that's being generous. Haven? I don't know much about what goes on in Couri's head (nor do I want to) But I'm betting that now that Night is out of the picture Leviathan will be heading for haven next. So now you got 2 lands (outbidded and Chakra) that both will most likely sit there for a while, content with thier one land, fighting other factions. As long as the top guilds are busy fighting each other they wont be attacked by QQme or Infamy. Haven like I said, sorry but you have the unfortunate problem of sitting right next to Leviathan. And then Varden, they will probably sit there in their corner of the map. ToyTank attacking Infamy means they don't need to worry about losing land to QQme, and I don't think there are any factions that will be beating them in TW soon, unless they get double/triple teamed. They actually have the unfortunate spot of middle tier in my opinion. Either a short war with some random guild hoping to get land, or a short war against Infamy/QQme/Leviathan.

In my opinion the ONLY true TWs that will be "Fun" and "Challenging" are the ones that will exist between the dominating factions. Like the war when Infamy attacked Plume City.

TW is designed for the high level players, if you're not in one of the top guilds, I can honestly say that within 3 months, you won't have any fun and challenging TWs.

Also: I wrote this reaaaaaaly late, so if there are any spelling errors, suck it up.

Edit: I think this might be the most on-topic post I've ever made, at least in Raging Tide forums. Gotta go balance it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Define "fun" and "challenging" have you taken a look at the TW map recently? Each week the top three factions get a little bit bigger and the other factions get a little bit smaller. This week Night and Tao were both wiped off the map, and other factions on the map seem to share their fate. What's your definition of "fun" and "Challenging"?

If you're in say... Chakra, sure you might have some fun TWs for a while, but anytime Infamy decides to attack their land, it will be a 10 minute war at best, and that's being generous. Haven? I don't know much about what goes on in Couri's head (nor do I want to) But I'm betting that now that Night is out of the picture Leviathan will be heading for haven next. So now you got 2 lands (outbidded and Chakra) that both will most likely sit there for a while, content with thier one land, fighting other factions. As long as the top guilds are busy fighting each other they wont be attacked by QQme or Infamy. Haven like I said, sorry but you have the unfortunate problem of sitting right next to Leviathan. And then Varden, they will probably sit there in their corner of the map. ToyTank attacking Infamy means they don't need to worry about losing land to QQme, and I don't think there are any factions that will be beating them in TW soon, unless they get double/triple teamed. They actually have the unfortunate spot of middle tier in my opinion. Either a short war with some random guild hoping to get land, or a short war against Infamy/QQme/Leviathan.

In my opinion the ONLY true TWs that will be "Fun" and "Challenging" are the ones that will exist between the dominating factions. Like the war when Infamy attacked Plume City.

TW is designed for the high level players, if you're not in one of the top guilds, I can honestly say that within 3 months, you won't have any fun and challenging TWs.

Also: I wrote this reaaaaaaly late, so if there are any spelling errors, suck it up.

Edit: I think this might be the most on-topic post I've ever made, at least in Raging Tide forums. Gotta go balance it out.

you sound like my physics teacherb:shocked
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Brings back memories...my physics teacher was fat and has worn the same clothes for 3 weeks

I think RT is goin to have some changes in the next 2 months, since the numbers of factions on the map is getting towards 4.

Anyways, I still have enough fun even if TWs are mostly boring and 50% of teles are used for flames.
    Squad chat/faction chat + any instance = rawr, **** action with GSnipes n others <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IPwnUNub - Raging Tide
    IPwnUNub - Raging Tide Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    YO DUDE! Not sure if ya remember me but yea, Last few resolve members standing! b:victory

Back on topic. Man..... Love to see that you are finally cool in RL. Glad to hear that. Well.... If u ask me, resolve didnt TOTALLY Dissolve, come on one of these days and we could have a chat. It will be a long story~
  • Triton - Raging Tide
    Triton - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hiya Sporks. Remember me? We'll i stayed with Resolve till the last day it stood standing. I kinda quit this server after it happened. Anyways if you have free time then sure go back to playing, but beware...this server fails.
    No i am not"Triton" from DW. I came from sanctuary and my name is based on mythology. b:bye
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010

me like how you say threads by Rawrgh doesn't get old.
    ^_^
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I never said the fun will last for long . It's how this game works so gotta enjoy it while you can . I'm still sad I started 2 months after it opened b:sad . And TW being made only for high lvls ? LOL ....Ppl rush to late game & then realize they are bored to death .

If you check the 1st pages of all server forums you'd notice that most of the fun ppl had in PWI was at low-mid ( I personally prefer the mid) lvls wayyyyyyyyyyy back .

Gonna say this even if no1 cares :

From a personal point of view playing as a wiz ( and take note that it's a class that mostly show's off late game ) on sanctuary I can say that I lots of fun at the 5x-8x lvl range and a bit after I hit 90 too but that didn't last long .
    And yes I was in one of the top 2 guilds in the server ( actually the only 2 who owned land at the time ) and sure it was fun at 1st but it started to get boring
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Ritalin - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Oh goody, flames! b:thanks
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I honestly think that if you come back, you will be bored.
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    me like how you say threads by Rawrgh doesn't get old.
    ^_^
    They don't.

I never said the fun will last for long . It's how this game works so gotta enjoy it while you can . I'm still sad I started 2 months after it opened . And TW being made only for high lvls ? LOL ....Ppl rush to late game & then realize they are bored to death .

If you check the 1st pages of all server forums you'd notice that most of the fun ppl had in PWI was at low-mid ( I personally prefer the mid) lvls wayyyyyyyyyyy back .

Gonna say this even if no1 cares :

From a personal point of view playing as a wiz ( and take note that it's a class that mostly show's off late game ) on sanctuary I can say that I lots of fun at the 5x-8x lvl range and a bit after I hit 90 too but that didn't last long .
    And yes I was in one of the top 2 guilds in the server ( actually the only 2 who owned land at the time ) and sure it was fun at 1st but it started to get boring

Doesn't matter if being lower level is more fun or not. The fact is, if you cannot keep up in gear and levels then you will not be a factor in TW, plain and simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jin_Tao - Raging Tide
    Jin_Tao - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hey forks its me Rokaru. i reckon u should come back most of us started playing again.
  • Soujiro_Z - Raging Tide
    Soujiro_Z - Raging Tide Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    we dont really care dude :D

Resolve was a fail anyways.....if u wanna have fun join Leviathan or Varden
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited April 2010

In my opinion the ONLY true TWs that will be "Fun" and "Challenging" are the ones that will exist between the dominating factions

Then you are in luck now that the map is down to more or less 5 guilds. It impossible to predict the future outcome of battles but one thing Fuzzy is sure of is that the chances of Infamy getting their hands on the entire map becomes less and less likely as each weekend rolls by.

Why you ask?

Well, it seems obvious to Fuzzy. Yes, they were able to grab a nice chunk of territory fast. Yes, they attracted some of the highest levels on the server to begin with. However, it being so simple to attain a higher level at this point that each week the other guilds are closing the gap. The way Fuzzy sees it, the other guilds only have room to grow stronger while Infamy can only stagnate. We close the gap faster and faster each week but Infamy having high levels already leaves no room for growth.

So don't worry on that note Rawrgh, you will get the TW's you ask for and don't expect to keep rolling the way Infamy has been.

Doesn't matter if being lower level is more fun or not. The fact is, if you cannot keep up in gear and levels then you will not be a factor in TW, plain and simple.

This may be true, but ummm... when Fuzzy looks at OP.... where does he even mention wanting to be a factor or even wanting to TW so me not sure where this thread go so off his question....

Come back if you want to just don't bore us with meaningless threads.

Fuzzy think Rawrgh need read his own words here... There the odd post worth replying to, even the odd one you write with some good humour in it, but you spam so much meaningless nonsense it makes our forum unbearable to read sometimes....

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    Well, it seems obvious to Fuzzy. Yes, they were able to grab a nice chunk of territory fast. Yes, they attracted some of the highest levels on the server to begin with. However, it being so simple to attain a higher level at this point that each week the other guilds are closing the gap. The way Fuzzy sees it, the other guilds only have room to grow stronger while Infamy can only stagnate. We close the gap faster and faster each week but Infamy having high levels already leaves no room for growth.

So don't worry on that note Rawrgh, you will get the TW's you ask for and don't expect to keep rolling the way Infamy has been.

Sounds awesome I can't wait.

This may be true, but ummm... when Fuzzy looks at OP.... where does he even mention wanting to be a factor or even wanting to TW so me not sure where this thread go so off his question....

Rules of the internet fuzzy, the topic of any thread can be changed at any time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ritalin - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    rawrgh is my role model troll :<.
  • Scwirpeo - Raging Tide
    Scwirpeo - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ya i think u shuld come back and if u do return most of us old resolve members from the begining would take up arms for you once again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jin_Tao - Raging Tide
    Jin_Tao - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Dont worry bout the negativity of these nubs Forks.This game is not broken yet.
    Resolve is gone but we are still here.Many of ur mates from before RT are here.

So if u decide to comeback inbox me b:bye
  • Somebody - Raging Tide
    Somebody - Raging Tide Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i for one would be happy if you came back.
    i hope you still remember me though :P been in resolve since day 1 and was last man standing!!
    even right now i got access to the Resolve faction as it lays with my friends alt xD
    i'd be happy to see you show up and i think the rest of Chakra (faction made with leftovers of resolve) would be happy to see you in game again and maybe even to join up with us.
    anyway i hope to talk to you again soon ;) i'm glad things are working out for you again.

ofc i voted yes for you to come back. a lot has changed but we can still have fun
  • Agreon - Raging Tide
    Agreon - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Heey Forks,
    Good to hear from you. Imma say i would be happy if u came back, always got room for you. About that gear thing, we can help you. about that knowledge thing, we can help you. About that Rawrgh thing, he is just one guy, he is meaningless as he himself puts it.
    You however mean a lot more then one guy, your return could gather one hell of a lot of ppl.

I hope to see you around,
    Agreon