What's up with all the Archer hate?

Headshot_XD - Sanctuary
Headshot_XD - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Archer
There seems to be more and more threads that QQ about archers, and how badly they suck. I don't understand what's changed, a couple months back before the Rising Tide expansion ppl used to QQ about how archers are OP PK kings. Has the creation of the assassin just stolen our thunder or are people just over reacting 'cos they can't play our class. All this hate makes meh sad b:cryb:surrender.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There can be only one Lord of the Elves
And he does NOT SHARE POWER!!!!
Post edited by Headshot_XD - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Just wanted to say I love my archer. He's only lvl79 and despite dying all the time (I still think like a barb) he's amazing.

It was funny that my archer got invited to a 3-1 last night instead of my barb-at least it was funny to me.

Anyways, every class has it's ups and downs. Those that know how to play their respective toons are beasts to deal with, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Don't see what changed either, except that Sin is best 1v1 pker atm. however suck mass pvp. Archer was never best 1v1, so dont see any change. For DD'ing yes sin can get a lil more DD, but archer STA makes up for that / more on high hp bosses.

I like archer and atm training one hehe
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Anyone who says an end game Archer sucks clearly does not know how to play one. /opinion
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    End-game archers face much different problems in PvP. No longer can they rely on their evasion, because all the melee classes either have misty's (Or some kind of something that adds accuracy) and/or lots of dex. Magic classes start getting their end-game weapons, which make that dreadfully low magic defense that archers have all that more noticeable.

It's not that they suck. It's just that you can't play them the same as a 7x-8x archer.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    only archers that dont complain about sucking are multi-billionairs irl. or trancend...
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    sins can be dealt with with genie skills. they're just terribly creepy because they're really ugly and appear out of nowhere. the first time i was ganked by a sin, i freaked and clicked on my own character instead. they can lock you down for quite some time, you have to survive that somehow and retaliate. i've fought only 2 sins, both 9x, i don't think they **** as hard as mages.

anyways, archers are probably better off in group PvP than solo.
    Don't see what changed either

what changed is stuff like this

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=593889d16448f345

this has been mentioned since i joined the game. at 8x and up, when people start working on their gear, they simply become much harder for archers to kill while fully buffed. the same can't really be said of archers.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Brutu - Heavens Tear
    Brutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The reason is, before the 40s even pure dex archers would have a decent amount of trouble leveling if they don't use the right skills as their crit rate around that level is still quite low.

Ofcourse when the player gets to 40+ he starts dueling, well archers typically have problems in duels as genies aren't used and the enemy normally runs straight up to you before the duel starts.... But normally this was all eclipsed by the higher level archers telling them archers rock 80+ at both pvp and pve.

The reason archers do so much damage inspite of their fire rate is two fold... High dex adds high damage and high dex adds high crit rate and therefore 1/3 of the time and better(in the 90s) the archer will be getting double damage which significantly increases the damage output, well with the advent of the tideborn expansion assassins have the same ability yet can attack much, much quicker then archers and also completely kill an archer(unless the archer's skill is much higher then that of the assassin's that is)in pvp and duels so typically the average archer begins to feel useless at all levels.

Personally I love my archer, however these would probably be the reasons why people are complaining.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    There seems to be more and more threads that QQ about archers, and how badly they suck. I don't understand what's changed, a couple months back before the Rising Tide expansion ppl used to QQ about how archers are OP PK kings. Has the creation of the assassin just stolen our thunder or are people just over reacting 'cos they can't play our class. All this hate makes meh sad b:cryb:surrender.

No there has always been QQ about archers being weak and 100% cash shop dependent endgame.

There has never been QQ about archers being OP. Really only lvl 60-80 arcane users with 0 phy def that occasionally cries about archers being to strong. Players that also will get soloed by a phoenix or 1 shoot by BM/Barbs.

Really nothing different now than 6 months ago.

Only people that never QQ about archers being weak endgame are big cash shoppers and a few skilled gamers like Transcend that could even do well in pvp playing a strength build wizard.

Archers aren't AS bad ad some people claim though. You just need a lot of coins to out- gear your opponents, learn to kite and drop, get at least +10 weapon, interval gear and demon stun + quick shoot and you're fine.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ok, I am epically sure that they don't know how to play the class, like myself... But they don't suck, its just that I wasn't meant for them... and genie? I loled at that... thats just saying the same thing, I only use genie as a shield or potion to save powders and pots for every char besides wizard, veno and cleric, thats it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    NO OFFENCE BUT who cares about PVP?!? I hate it. Lately, people forget about PVE and it makes me sad. 99% of the game is PVE. that's how you get exp. and I LOVE my archer for PVE. Today I was watching a BM AoEing close to me. He collected 6 mobs and killed them, while I killed 11 mobs from range (1v1) in the same time. I lost no HP and only a small amount of mana, unlike the BM. Also, I have low repair fee. I LOVE my archer for grinding, questing, farming and I wouldn't switch to an other class. Also great for BH / TT / etc. if ya know how to not steal aggro ;P and you don't need THE BEST gear for PVE. I just get decent stuff and only upgrade my bow to +2 or +3 and still, no mobs can reach me. I don't need uber armor, they can't even hit me. Archers rock!!!! b:victory
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ugysekell wrote: »
    NO OFFENCE BUT who cares about PVP?!? I hate it. Lately, people forget about PVE and it makes me sad. 99% of the game is PVE. that's how you get exp. and I LOVE my archer for PVE. Today I was watching a BM AoEing close to me. He collected 6 mobs and killed them, while I killed 11 mobs from range (1v1) in the same time. I lost no HP and only a small amount of mana, unlike the BM. Also, I have low repair fee. I LOVE my archer for grinding, questing, farming and I wouldn't switch to an other class. Also great for BH / TT / etc. if ya know how to not steal aggro ;P and you don't need THE BEST gear for PVE. I just get decent stuff and only upgrade my bow to +2 or +3 and still, no mobs can reach me. I don't need uber armor, they can't even hit me. Archers rock!!!! b:victory

Uhm even though I don't care for PVP either, I hate it as well b:chuckle but the majority of players pvp a lot ( I suppose? ) I like my barb for PVE. I can take punishment and dish it right back out b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Suzume_chan - Heavens Tear
    Suzume_chan - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My thoughts exactly. Before the tb I never saw this much people QQing about it...
    Anyway, archers are harder to play then maybe a barb and veno and so on, but that doesn't make them bad.
    I love playing mine though it hasnt reached high lvls yet b:chuckle
    b:cute
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2010

thats true put if u do only +2/3 armor after 90 u can get few "f
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    NO OFFENCE BUT who cares about PVP?!?

Most serious endgame archers care about PvP.

Very few endgame archers complain about PvE, unless you count those complaints about TT drop order.
  • Meanpie - Lost City
    Meanpie - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't have any trouble in PvP (including against Sins). Saying 9x Archers get rolled by everyone is just silly. My gear is average and I'm competitive with people with similar gear. I'm not saying that I'm really good, but I've never thought archers were terrible. I thought we were crazy OP at 7x. Wizards and Clerics were a joke and Melee's couldn't hit me. I saw few 7x Veno's with a nix so they couldn't do anything either. I'm not an end game archer yet so I can't say how much it will change in the next 7 levels. I love being an archer and all the level 100 Archer's I've talked to feel the same way. As for the "Who cares about PvP"? I don't know why anyone would play this game without the PvP. I would have quit around level 40 if it weren't for PvP. I feel the PvE in this game is relatively boring compared to other video games. The fact that I can play with or against real people is what makes this game fun for me.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't have any trouble in PvP (including against Sins). Saying 9x Archers get rolled by everyone is just silly. My gear is average and I'm competitive with people with similar gear. I'm not saying that I'm really good, but I've never thought archers were terrible. I thought we were crazy OP at 7x. Wizards and Clerics were a joke and Melee's couldn't hit me. I saw few 7x Veno's with a nix so they couldn't do anything either. I'm not an end game archer yet so I can't say how much it will change in the next 7 levels. I love being an archer and all the level 100 Archer's I've talked to feel the same way. As for the "Who cares about PvP"? I don't know why anyone would play this game without the PvP. I would have quit around level 40 if it weren't for PvP. I feel the PvE in this game is relatively boring compared to other video games. The fact that I can play with or against real people is what makes this game fun for me.

It changes because players Hp and defense gets so much higher. Even arcane users 99+ will have over 10-20k phy def once they start getting lvl 11 skills and endgame gear. BMs and Barbs will have both high mag def and high phy def. Your metal skills does low dmg unless you triple spark + crit, your phy attack does low dmg to. Get use to hitting wizards for 500-700 dmg even tho you have a +10+11 weapon.

Archers kinda lack high dmg skills in general, we dont get amazing ulti upgrades at 99 that 1 shoots people or can bypass their charm. I will hit a wiz for 900 dmg with my +10 weapon and he can turn around and hit me for 13k with a +5 weapon if im dumb enough to tank it.

Archers also have the lowest defenses in the game due to LA armor and 3 vit ( i guess sins will have similar defenses). So archers require a lot of money on refines endgame.

It just gets a lot harder killing people 1v1. But archers still have best range which is a huge advantage, high crit rate and demon quick shoot for dps. Just have to start timing both WoG, shield, genie skills and immune pots to avoid getting 1 shoot. Cant really tank other players at all like you use to, they will hit you a lot harder than you will hit them even if you have same gear and refines.
  • Meanpie - Lost City
    Meanpie - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Of course, our terrible defense is to be expected. Anyone who has played an archer can feel their survivability getting worse and worse as they level. Archers have the worst survivability even before end game and I believe you when you say it only gets worse. From the moment an Archer hits level 80 it gets harder and harder to PvP with each passing level. I was simply saying that it is ridiculous to say 9x archers get completely rolled over by every class. The amount of "QQ Archers suck" in these forums is crazy. Isn't anyone else glad they chose to be an Archer? I feel Archers are a complicated class to play PvP wise as all our skills are situational and our timing of everything has to be close to perfect. To me this is our main real disadvantage. (speaking from the point that I haven't played an end game archer yet) I don't think you can quite say the same thing for other classes (at least not to that extreme). Nevertheless I've seen some high level archers with average gear do some impressive things in PvP against better geared people. I guess I'll just have to wait until level 100 to see how "bad" we are. But if we were as terrible as everyone on these forums makes us out to be I don't see how there could be so many level 100 archers running around everywhere. As far as gear refining goes...I look a a whole LOT of people's gear and on average archers don't really seem refined much more than anyone else. Most archers seem to have a bow as strong as they can get it and gear with below average refines compared to other classes. I've read many times in these forums where people have said archer MUST spend more than others to be just as good and as far as I've observed this isn't true at all. Everyone and their dog spends money on this free game to stay competitive. Some people spend more than others but what can you do? The good thing is the people who spend thousands are few compared to everyone else.
  • Relakss - Harshlands
    Relakss - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i'm not an endgame archer but love to play mine stunning arrow and winged shell will keep you grinding forever without using any pots you will mostly only have to repair bow that means good moneymaking

pvp wise archers i think don't suck but i'm not endgame yet so cannot give an opinion bout that

but pve archers rockb:pleased
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I personally hate button mashing, and would rather auto-attack while throwing in skills here and there. I don't PvP outside of TW unless it's for fun with friends. Ever since I've gotten my Demon skills, I've been linking Demon Stunning Arrow with Demon Quickshot. It works wonders :]

<3 archers.