Team Duels

Tawnos - Dreamweaver
Tawnos - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
I know this have been mentioned before but I hope that if we keep asking maybe it will get some attentions.

I would like to see an area like a coliseum or something like that were team pvp is enable. 2 vs 2 or 5 vs 5 might be a good idea.

It dont have to be an instance per fight it can be a huge area like some kind of ruins or something like that were team pvp is enable.

There could be somekind of automatic matchmaking /searching but everybody in the same instace. That way you could go to fight or just to watch other teams fighting.

However everybody in the same instance with watchers could also be nice!
Post edited by Tawnos - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I know this have been mentioned before but I hope that if we keep asking maybe it will get some attentions.

I would like to see an area like a coliseum or something like that were team pvp is enable. 2 vs 2 or 5 vs 5 might be a good idea.

It dont have to be an instance per fight it can be a huge area like some kind of ruins or something like that were team pvp is enable.

There could be somekind of automatic matchmaking /searching but everybody in the same instace. That way you could go to fight or just to watch other teams fighting.

However everybody in the same instance with watchers could also be nice!

Deathmatch Arena. It's in the game, nobody ever uses it.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Deathmatch Arena. It's in the game, nobody ever uses it.

it allows 2v2?
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Deathmatch Arena. Is your solution, though nobody uses it, so really nobody even knows it exsists.

Type's of matches allowed:

1v1
    2v2
    3v3
    4v4
    5v5
    6v6

The only thing you have to do is buy the Stake stone, and use it to start the fight. The winner(s) gain the loser(s) Stake stones. Which can be resold for a insanely high price at the Deathmatch arean NPC. (Note: You have 2 mins after match end to collect the reward otherwise you won't get jack. Also any lvls are allowed to fight in here. Plus, if you do 2v2 or greater both the people (on both teams) have to be in squad, and the squad leader is required to get the reward (for which ever side won).)

This answer your suggestion?
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hmm i allways wondered wut tht death match thing was but never bothered to try it nice to no nowb:victoryb:laugh
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Ulquira - Lost City
    Ulquira - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeh, most people dont know about deathmatch, because it sucks i suppose. Costs 100k or 105k for a stake stone, so its not cheap.

Ofc they could implement a team dueling system(which i would love), say u have two team~ Team A and Team B, they could just make it so Team A leader can request a 'team duel' to the leader of Team B, in the same manner that you would request a normal 1 vs 1 duel.

Perhaps to avoid QQ each member of each squad should get a pop-up box saying "accept team duel ~ yes/no. To avoid the team leader starting a team fight and a member of their team getting their charm ticked unwillingly once the duel is over.
    edited April 2010
    Yeh, most people dont know about deathmatch, because it sucks i suppose. Costs 100k or 105k for a stake stone, so its not cheap.

Ofc they could implement a team dueling system(which i would love), say u have two team~ Team A and Team B, they could just make it so Team A leader can request a 'team duel' to the leader of Team B, in the same manner that you would request a normal 1 vs 1 duel.

Perhaps to avoid QQ each member of each squad should get a pop-up box saying "accept team duel ~ yes/no. To avoid the team leader starting a team fight and a member of their team getting their charm ticked unwillingly once the duel is over.

Well Deathmatch doesn't suck, it just costs so much so only a few people even know about it. And yeah it's 105k per Stake stone.
  • Ulquira - Lost City
    Ulquira - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well Deathmatch doesn't suck, it just costs so much so only a few people even know about it. And yeah it's 105k per Stake stone.

Well for anyone ranged, particularly archers it does. Being put in a small room with no room to kite and the inability to fly just aint great unless ur melee.
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010

So if it were like 2k it will be a great feature. Maybe I should suggest to lower the Stake stones price! Also the process to start fights is a little complicated and that also may be keeping players away.

Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP5o1WSIyhM
    edited April 2010
    Process to start a fight in Deathmatch Arena:

Step by Step:

1. Find person(s) to fight.
    2. Both/all of you go to the Deathmatch Arena
    3. Everyone buy a Stake Stone (ONLY 1!!)
    4. Walk over to the Regestering NPC, and talk to him.
    5. Wait a few seconds/minutes for boxes to appear
    6. Stand on respective side of box (blue or red)
    7. Open the box and wait
    8. Enjoy the fight
    9. Collect prize
    10. Profit
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Process to start a fight in Deathmatch Arena:

Step by Step:

1. Find person(s) to fight.
    2. Both/all of you go to the Deathmatch Arena
    3. Everyone buy a Stake Stone (ONLY 1!!)
    4. Walk over to the Regestering NPC, and talk to him.
    5. Wait a few seconds/minutes for boxes to appear
    6. Stand on respective side of box (blue or red)
    7. Open the box and wait
    8. Enjoy the fight
    9. Collect prize
    10. Profit

Dont u think it could be easier like?

1. Walk over to the arena teleporter NPC in cities, and choose the duel type
    2. Pay small fee to the arena teleporter just as you do with all teleporters
    3. get teleported and auto matched based on duel type and level
    4. fight if you win u automatically gain a free ticket for next fight
    5. get teleported back to the arena teleporter
    edited April 2010
    Dont u think it could be easier like?

1. Walk over to the arena teleporter NPC in cities, and choose the duel type
    2. Pay small fee to the arena teleporter just as you do with all teleporters
    3. get teleported and auto matched based on duel type and level
    4. fight if you win u automatically gain a free ticket for next fight
    5. get teleported back to the arena teleporter

Hello, *knock knock* Anyone home?

It's called Deathmatch Arena. Not "Here let me pay this little fee and fight." Arena.

The point of this is for each person to stake something that can be later used as a way to gain a good amount of cash. Not to get free tickets for another fight. If you want what you suggested just hit the "PK" button on PvE server's or just go attack people on PvP server.
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Hello, *knock knock* Anyone home?

It's called Deathmatch Arena. Not "Here let me pay this little fee and fight." Arena.

The point of this is for each person to stake something that can be later used as a way to gain a good amount of cash. Not to get free tickets for another fight. If you want what you suggested just hit the "PK" button on PvE server's or just go attack people on PvP server.

That is the reason why my original suggestion was "team duels". Having them on some kind of arena is just to make easier to find other teams that want to duel.

Also the fact that most people is not using the arena means the way it works is not useful or appealing and should be changed.