all NPC prices 1 coin

Olivassin - Heavens Tear
Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
what'd you do if for one day, all NPC buying and selling prices would be for 1 coin? b:pleased

I would:
1. Buy lots of average granets and citrines at jewelcraftsman
2. Buy lots of equipment to decompose and make chi stones => lvl my apothecary
3. Buy lots of crazy stone gems

And would you like to have it? with GMs telling a week before? or by 'surprise' day?

I would love to have a day like that, but i think it would break the balance.... lol Stone of Gaea (+150 HP for 72k) b:chuckle

I see that i wouldn't have enough money for all that things though -.-.

So.... what do you think about these questions? :3
Post edited by Olivassin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Shards and gems.

Also a lot of ress scrolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Things i would do:

Go to the apothecary guy and buy a **** LOAD of pots (HP and MP).
    Go the the Merchant and buy so many Garnet/Critine/Tourquise/etc shards He would become rich as hell normally.
    Combine ALL the gems I just bought until I got them to G12.
    Go buy a bunch of weps my lvl and then decompose them for chi for my sword and genie.

anything besides these aren't much else to do :P
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    make loads of gems, then later resell them for more money later ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i would decompose the npc gear for genie stamina
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • HoboPanda - Raging Tide
    HoboPanda - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Gems...Pots...Ye...
    *Please make this happen GMs...b:sad
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Why would you buy your shards from the merchant if they are 1 coin from the jewel craftsman? Saves you from turning them into avarage, thus saves alot of time.

I would: Purge my armor and put max lvl gems into them.
    Get my genie stamidia to max.
    Experiment with making charms to lvl apoc XD
    Buy alot of stuf to resel to NPC later (if I would know it was for 1 day only)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Neat idea, but terrible if implemented. Find the most expensive stackable item you could, spend ALL of your coin on it, fill every single alt you can, make more characters and fill them. Npc the next day for however many hundred million. For example, I can buy level 90 elixirs and npc them for 7350. 735,000 for ONE inventory slot filled with 100 of those, costing 100 coins.

To say nothing of drakeflame/icebourne/stone of gaea in everyone's gear.
    edited April 2010
    Why would you buy your shards from the merchant if they are 1 coin from the jewel craftsman? Saves you from turning them into avarage, thus saves alot of time.

I would: Purge my armor and put max lvl gems into them.
    Get my genie stamidia to max.
    Experiment with making charms to lvl apoc XD
    Buy alot of stuf to resel to NPC later (if I would know it was for 1 day only)
    Oh, I forgot the Jewelcraftsman sold the Average gems....hm....strike what I said about merchant, and change it to buying from the Jewelcraftsmen >:D

Oh, I would also buy as many Res scrolls as I could hold <.<
    Neat idea, but terrible if implemented. Find the most expensive stackable item you could, spend ALL of your coin on it, fill every single alt you can, make more characters and fill them. Npc the next day for however many hundred million. For example, I can buy level 90 elixirs and npc them for 7350. 735,000 for ONE inventory slot filled with 100 of those, costing 100 coins.

To say nothing of drakeflame/icebourne/stone of gaea in everyone's gear.

You wouldn't want to know how many stones I would make if this happened b:chuckle
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I would buy shards and spend few days combining them to lvl up myselfb:chuckle
    Oh and I would buy Npc horses for no reason;D Not to forgot ink for all 79/100 skills..
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Omg I'd totally buy all the weapons and armor for the next 20 levels <___<

And buy all the shards for all my future CS...

Oh and totally get res scrolls <3 I died this morning like... 4 times <___<

and pots!! I keep running out of mana/hp pots b:cry
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Omg, would the economy be fritzed up after that event. b:shocked

No. Just... no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This alone would ruin the economy, but I wouldn't mind +12ing all my gear and sharding it with Drakeflames if it did happenb:laugh
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'd buy many, MANY average shards. And a ****load of resurrect scrolls too... and a lot of mp and mp pots. And armor, to decompose, of course.

Basically the same as the rest of the people answered in the thread xD
  • Secuoia - Heavens Tear
    Secuoia - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What everyone else said plus wines for bhs and fbsb:laugh
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This alone would ruin the economy, but I wouldn't mind +12ing all my gear and sharding it with Drakeflames if it did happenb:laugh

How would you +12 <_<

About the best you can do is buy tons of average shards.. enough pots for life..
    You can buy horses from the pet manager, medium ink for all 79/100 skills.
    You can get dice tickets to run the cube too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    decomposition still costs 5k :P, so making mirages wouldn't be worth it.
    I would make G12 gems ^^;
    Oh and I would buy the horse mounts.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    make loads of gems, then later resell them for more money later ^^

lol... resell them later for like 2 or 3 coin because everyone else has millions of shards as well.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    How would you +12 <_<

About the best you can do is buy tons of average shards.. enough pots for life..
    You can buy horses from the pet manager, medium ink for all 79/100 skills.
    You can get dice tickets to run the cube too.

Uhh... with the massive amount of coin I'd get from reselling NPC items I could easily buy enough gold to get all the D orbs I'd need to +12 my gear. Similar to the way I could afford enough gems to make Gaia and Drakeflame stones for my gear.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Uhh... with the massive amount of coin I'd get from reselling NPC items I could easily buy enough gold to get all the D orbs I'd need to +12 my gear. Similar to the way I could afford enough gems to make Gaia and Drakeflame stones for my gear.

As has been stated before, however

Everybody would make use of this.

So you would be able to buy everything you wanted, but resell nothing, because everybody else already bought everything they wanted and wouldn't want or need anything you try and merch.

So... no, you still wouldn't +12 everything. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    interesting thread... just want to point out to all of you thats wanting to buy average shards and combine them in to G12 shards...

it takes 72,000 average shards to make a single G12 stone, and lets assume you're buying enough shards for 24 gems. ( 4 sockets per item, 6 shard-able items )

If you clicked at a decent speed, you could purchase 12,000 gems every 30 seconds, which means if you kept up that pace, you could purchase all 1,728,000 gems in around 1 hour and 12 minutes... if you start to slack off, add some more time to that...

Combining enough G5 (average) into G12 gems takes approximately 7 hours per gem. So if you did buy enough shards, you would have to spend about 168 hours combining gems non stop; considering that the server usually resets every 7 days (168 hours), it'll take you over a week to make them all.

Hope you have a good book to read... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010

The first post clearly says all items can only be sold for 1 coin each so no massive amount of coin there.

You could decompose npc armor and npc the chi stones but that would only make 10 coins every time. Picking up coins from mobs would be much quicker.
    Combining enough G5 (average) into G12 gems takes approximately 7 hours per gem. So if you did buy enough shards, you would have to spend about 168 hours combining gems non stop; considering that the server usually resets every 7 days (168 hours), it'll take you over a week to make them all.

Fortunately combining can be done in parallel. With 2 accounts it would only take half as long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited April 2010
    interesting thread... just want to point out to all of you thats wanting to buy average shards and combine them in to G12 shards...

it takes 72,000 average shards to make a single G12 stone, and lets assume you're buying enough shards for 24 gems. ( 4 sockets per item, 6 shard-able items )

If you clicked at a decent speed, you could purchase 12,000 gems every 30 seconds, which means if you kept up that pace, you could purchase all 1,728,000 gems in around 1 hour and 12 minutes... if you start to slack off, add some more time to that...

While the fact that all of this is true. (the time's i doubt)

I have to say you having a negative outlook on this. Also, where did you grab those times from?

It takes me about 15 seconds to fill up all the slots in the "Buy" tab (120k, so 120k gems worth each time) then click buy. I do this say 15 times for each gem and I have 1.8mil for each gem. Which then (as long as it's the single gem in your invetory, if you have a small inventory) you just click on the jewelscraftsman again, click combine and then set it up to combine all your gems into the next stage. After that you repeat with new gems until you get to G12. Which considering the fact that if you set it up to do the max amount of gems for each new gem Grade it goes pretty quick.

I did 2000 garnet gems in under 30 mins, I made two G6 gems with that time. So it's really simple and easy. So I believe your times are way off.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    The first post clearly says all items can only be sold for 1 coin each so no massive amount of coin there.

You could decompose npc armor and npc the chi stones but that would only make 10 coins every time. Picking up coins from mobs would be much quicker.

Fortunately combining can be done in parallel. With 2 accounts it would only take half as long.

Yes but it only lasts a day, meaning NPC prices would return to normal the next day. That would let me sell whatever items I bought for normal price, meaning a massive profit and being able to buy the gold I need.

EDIT: Found a small typo. >.<
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes but it only lasts a day, meaning NPC prices would return to normal the next day. That would let me sell whatever items I bought for normal price, meaning a massive profit and being able to buy the gold I need.

EDIT: Found a small typo. >.<

Except that Gold would go past the cap during that one day and never return below it. So, you would have to buy Boutique items for Gold for higher than the cap.

So essentially, you'd end up with all the shards you can ever ask for, all the attack charms you can ever want and maxed coin. However, as a result, you would never be able to buy socket stones or any other boutique items with coin, as the amount of coins in the game would've just been multiplied by an unfantomably high figure, so effectively, coins would be worthless.

So, what this idea would do is basically change the game from F2P to P2P while giving everyone infinite shards, wines and attack charms. And then what? You could obviously get to lvl 105 easily, since BHs would be free. And you would also have the highest grade shards in your gear and the highest grade for any future gear as well. However, you could never buy any boutique items again. So, unless you already had all of your future items with maxed sockets, just missing shards, before this "event", you would end up with **** items.

So yes, a bad, bad idea.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    And then what? You could obviously get to lvl 105 easily, since BHs would be free.

lawl b:chuckle
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    lawl b:chuckle

Ok then, make that "easier than now" since BHs and CS and WQ would all be, in practice, free exp.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    While the fact that all of this is true. (the time's i doubt)

I have to say you having a negative outlook on this. Also, where did you grab those times from?

It takes me about 15 seconds to fill up all the slots in the "Buy" tab (120k, so 120k gems worth each time) then click buy. I do this say 15 times for each gem and I have 1.8mil for each gem. Which then (as long as it's the single gem in your invetory, if you have a small inventory) you just click on the jewelscraftsman again, click combine and then set it up to combine all your gems into the next stage. After that you repeat with new gems until you get to G12. Which considering the fact that if you set it up to do the max amount of gems for each new gem Grade it goes pretty quick.

I did 2000 garnet gems in under 30 mins, I made two G6 gems with that time. So it's really simple and easy. So I believe your times are way off.

o: i wasn't trying to sound negative, I just thought it was interesting... and I tried buying gems, I could only buy 1k per stack, there are 12 slots in the buy window, so its 12k per purchase... and could you keep up that speed for the entire duration of the purchase? Considering you have to double click, click on max, then done... I was guessing it'd take you around 2 seconds on average, 2 x 12 = 24, roughly 30 seconds... if you never got tired at all, sure, I guess you can do this at a faster rate.

As far as the other times.... http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/2004 .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    what'd you do if for one day, all NPC buying and selling prices would be for 1 coin? b:pleased
    That's obvious. I, along with about 90% of the player base, would quit the game.

They already have servers that offer exactly this sort of thing. They're called private servers, and they're boring-as-heck to play on because everybody already has everything and thus it's all worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    gems would take alot of time thou i think it takes almost a week to make G12 o.o
    I would...make lots of incomparable gems and if sell price is same buy equips and resell for money then buy gold and buy random **** o.o then id buy skills :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    gems would take alot of time thou i think it takes almost a week to make G12 o.o
    I would...make lots of incomparable gems and if sell price is same buy equips and resell for money then buy gold and buy random **** o.o then id buy skills :D

No you wouldn't. Everyone else would also be making coin, which would make Gold skyrocket way past the cap in AH. Also, since everyone would be doing it, the amount of coin in the server would be multiplied by factor that is probably upwards of millions, making coins effectively worthless. What you would end up with is all the shards you can hope for, all the attack charms you can hope for, but a coin economy that would've been destroyed forever, so everyone would be forced to either quit the game or go to the boutique, effectively killing the game.