Options
2»

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ilystah wrote: »
    Hmm, I always thought that reduce incoming DPS is more importance than higher HP because you won't survive and fight if you can't heal faster than you get damaged. So high HP is good for 3 purpose only: survive magic attack (doubt it would really hurt you though unless your armor severely lack an element), endure more attack while you are doing something else, and make you last a bit longer while waiting for help. I would think point into mag or str are better than vit anyday.

by putting points in Vit, you have greater physical defense, since you can then have some freedom sharding Garnets instead of Citrines. Almost every full mag cleric I see shard all citrine, and still die to 1-2 hits because of their garbage phys def. Or they shard half and half, and still die because their hp and phys def are still super low.
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    All I have to say is:

Any cleric that has any clue how to play this game will stat full VIT or at LEAST a hybrid VIT/MAG.

Take it from someone who has played this game as a cleric since closed beta... not to mention the fact that every cleric that is any good in any of the top rated guilds is a VIT or hyrbid... or LA if you count Pharoah... but you need to be exceptional at playing cleric to be any good as a LA...

Pharoah restated a while back to int. Just thought I would mention that.

The main advantage to at least 50 vit is going to be the added pdef (even if on the small side). I still maintain that clerics over focus on hp and forget about pdef. Clerics should at least be 50/50 in sharding for pdef if anything. All hp will get you killed faster b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    Pharoah restated a while back to int. Just thought I would mention that.

The main advantage to at least 50 vit is going to be the added pdef (even if on the small side). I still maintain that clerics over focus on hp and forget about pdef. Clerics should at least be 50/50 in sharding for pdef if anything. All hp will get you killed faster b:shutup

Yeah with all the CS events the past few months, INT is a viable build... I tend to forget that +5 and flawless shards aren't a luxury anymore -_-
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah with all the CS events the past few months, INT is a viable build... I tend to forget that +5 and flawless shards aren't a luxury anymore -_-

id say immac/perfects arent a luxury anymore either :P

<- still using flawless til next lvl QQ
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options

INT was always a viable build but you are right, with the event gear and such things have slightly changed. the issue is that clerics, even hybrids, will always be refine reliant for their hp. refine for hp and shard for pdef imo.
    id say immac/perfects arent a luxury anymore either :P

<- still using flawless til next lvl QQ

till next level? O.o

and tbh G9's are not out of reach for many, but immacs at least are the way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is pretty much what I did after I came back after like... a year from quitting:

Sign in > see Shinzoko's gear > sign out.

The game isn't even worth trying to compete in any more unless you're willing to fork out a **** load of money to get caught up...
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is pretty much what I did after I came back after like... a year from quitting:

The game isn't even worth trying to compete in any more unless you're willing to fork out a **** load of money to get caught up...

you are wrong and i think you would be surprised.

however, please do not go off of the gear of shinzoko b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you are wrong and i think you would be surprised.

however, please do not go off of the gear of shinzoko b:surrender

Well aside from the fact that most of the old people I've played with since the beginning no longer play...

But I didn't go just off of Shinzoko's gear >_> Seems most people have what I consider insane gear... then again I haven't truly played in about a year so I could very well be wrong.
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well aside from the fact that most of the old people I've played with since the beginning no longer play...

But I didn't go just off of Shinzoko's gear >_> Seems most people have what I consider insane gear... then again I haven't truly played in about a year so I could very well be wrong.

a lot of the event gear was for the most part out of reach without MAJOR farming. the packs definitely changed the game, but i know plenty who have gotten all their gear without spending a penny on this game. you play to have fun b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    till next level? O.o

and tbh G9's are not out of reach for many, but immacs at least are the way to go.

for my lvl 96 robe top and cape I plan to throw in Perfects, and I may upgrade my HH90 pants to immacs or perfects, ( i dont see any other pants i like ) hh99 vs hh90 pants is kinda lame stats for the 99 <_<
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    for my lvl 96 robe top and cape I plan to throw in Perfects, and I may upgrade my HH90 pants to immacs or perfects, ( i dont see any other pants i like ) hh99 vs hh90 pants is kinda lame stats for the 99 <_<

stick with the HH90 pants. i have HH99 but it was more for going Nirvana (i nixed that for now). just refine then a bit.

and yeah on the 96 top b:dirty

pdef or hp shards?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    stick with the HH90 pants. i have HH99 but it was more for going Nirvana (i nixed that for now). just refine then a bit.

and yeah on the 96 top b:dirty

pdef or hp shards?

pdef for top, undecided on the cape.
  • combatx
    combatx Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

doesnt matter spec, pvp doesnt happen or matter like it used to anyways :p
    (at least im told)
    I don't know if anything that I say is standard human nature. or if it matches up perfectly with some pathetic subculture. or that it fits the psychological profile of someone in need of this specific form of something.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=ce9a99aa736ec61b

<- what im working on atm, I might be dreaming with the +6 refines.. itll be at least +5

weapon will be +8-10
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=ce9a99aa736ec61b

<- what im working on atm, I might be dreaming with the +6 refines.. itll be at least +5

weapon will be +8-10

b:chuckle expected from you Bob b:cute

you know you and i work opposite! but in all honesty, +6 is very doable b:cute

looks good.

i would like to recommend that you try for the HH90 gold necklace though....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle expected from you Bob b:cute

you know you and i work opposite! but in all honesty, +6 is very doable b:cute

looks good.

i would like to recommend that you try for the HH90 gold necklace though....

forgot about that, :x

and what do we do oppositely? :o
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    Options
    forgot about that, :x

and what do we do oppositely? :o

you refine for attack first.

i refine for survival first.

b:chuckleb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you refine for attack first.

i refine for survival first.

b:chuckleb:cute

well Ill refine my robe/cape first, then im assuming by the time I get lvl 99 ill have event boots/hat + refined.

So my HH99 sword will probably be refined last
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited April 2010
    Options
    combatx wrote: »
    doesnt matter spec, pvp doesnt happen or matter like it used to anyways :p
    (at least im told)

I've heard this from a few places as well... this game has severely went carebear from what it was originally intended to be. I read the thread about why they introduced equipment shattering. Seriously? Make equipment break for the purpose of discouraging people from running around PK'ing? Even the damn GM's in this game are all soft now days. Game would be better if all the carebears AND GM's went to the PvE server and left the PvP servers alone. It was so much fun back when no one thought there was GM's on LC since they stayed out of the PvP drama back then.
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • DoomKaiser - Harshlands
    DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yes, they have plume shell , but you can't just live in plume shell while in PvP.

LoL wut, Y not?b:chuckle
    Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LoL wut, Y not?b:chuckle

Any experienced/skilled PvPer can time the Plume Shell and stun right before it goes down and possibly kill in the downtime.

On the other hand, any experienced/skilled EP knows to stay the hell away right before the Plume Shell drops, and how to keep enemies away until it's recharged. b:victory Sleep/paralyze combos ftw.
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've heard this from a few places as well... this game has severely went carebear from what it was originally intended to be. I read the thread about why they introduced equipment shattering. Seriously? Make equipment break for the purpose of discouraging people from running around PK'ing? Even the damn GM's in this game are all soft now days. Game would be better if all the carebears AND GM's went to the PvE server and left the PvP servers alone. It was so much fun back when no one thought there was GM's on LC since they stayed out of the PvP drama back then.

sound like u are QQing like all those low lv that QQ about getting ***** why a low lv pker deal with it or dont come backb:shutup
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sound like u are QQing like all those low lv that QQ about getting ***** why a low lv pker deal with it or dont come backb:shutup

1: BR BR BRRBRBR RBRBR BRRR???

2: This is called discussion. You may or may not be familiar with the term.
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status:
  • DoomKaiser - Harshlands
    DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Between plume and the 79 skills clerics can hide behind all sorts of damage reduction. If your mag attack is high enough sleep and stun are used to set up combos not in massive gank attacks. Im just saying if u take ur cleric to higher lvs, putting vit on a cleric is a waste. I have 3 vit and rank 8 archers cant oneshot me.
    Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Between plume and the 79 skills clerics can hide behind all sorts of damage reduction. If your mag attack is high enough sleep and stun are used to set up combos not in massive gank attacks. Im just saying if u take ur cleric to higher lvs, putting vit on a cleric is a waste. I have 3 vit and rank 8 archers cant oneshot me.

im pretty sure the same can be said for any class 100+. whoever puts the most $ in the game wins the majority of the time, regardless of your overall skill. If I had your gears Doom, sure i'd restat back to minimum vit, but seeing how thats highly unreachable unless you have thousands of spare income, its not logical to do so.
  • xxunseenspecxx
    edited April 2010
    Options

Great thing about pure VIT clerics: they can live as long as CS magic clerics without spending a penny on gear. You may argue "but magic clerics have better heals". In PvP, it doesn't matter. If someone is strong enough to break your heals, they are going to do so, pure MAG or not. In TW, your job is to heal and play support by debuffing key targets and paralyzing/sleeping cata pullers or other key targets. Pure MAG isn't going to do **** for you in TW unless you're running around wield thundering people. If you do that/your guild allows you to do that, I'd say it's safe to assume you're not a factor...

In a nutshell, for people not willing to spend **** loads of money on gear, pure VIT is the ideal build. If you can afford it, via cash shop or if you make a lot of in-game coin, then pure MAG with highly refined gear is the obvious choice.
    Guild History:
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:

Current Status: