What about vit?

__Hysper - Sanctuary
__Hysper - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cleric
Ok, i already read other posts about putting points into vit :| But i didn't get the explanations i needed.. so ^_^
Well, my build is 1 str, 4 vit, 6 mag every 2 lvls. When i hit the 100 vit points i thought to stop adding in, but i really like my hp and that saved me alot of times cause of my game play mode. You know i like to solo too b:laugh
But when i'm in parties, sometimes i feel a bit of fail xD I realized i can't heal enogh.. and that's because of my poor mag.. I got my equip with mag bonus and this give me like 15 points+. But here is another problem. The weapon. I don't have enogh mag to get a decent weapon and i always have to wait some lvls before i can get a better one.
So i thought to put just 1 point per lvl.. but hey 10 hp +? ._. That's useless. So what about stop adding in vit? I mean.. now i can stay alive and i dont die often when i grind and doing aoe bosses, but with lower hp what is going to happen?
I hope you can answer me ^.^ Already thanks.. and sorry for my bad english xD
Post edited by __Hysper - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    1 str, 4 vit, 6 mag every 2 lvls
    This is a little off as that would be 11 points not 10.I would suggest stop adding anymore vit and start adding more to mag.I don't think it is to late at your lvl to do this as you won't need restat note.You could always restat if you wanted to and you don't die that often with less vit with good hp shard or armaments.

I would just stop adding vit and more into mag.Don't leave out str though for weapon and armour.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • __Hysper - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Yup, infact sometimes, when i add str, mag is reduced to 5 points. Btw thank you.. ^^
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This is a little off as that would be 11 points not 10.I would suggest stop adding anymore vit and start adding more to mag.I don't think it is to late at your lvl to do this as you won't need restat note.You could always restat if you wanted to and you don't die that often with less vit with good hp shard or armaments.

I would just stop adding vit and more into mag.Don't leave out str though for weapon and armour.

Agreed, you can get a lot of more vit by just refining your armor, as a cleric and DD'er you will serve a better role if you have more magic points, it will strengthen both your heals and your attacks.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • Trayous - Sanctuary
    Trayous - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Just put it all into Vit .. if your gonna die you may as well die a slow painfull death b:laugh j/k
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I had 16 vit from 1 to 85 because I did no research and just added points in my really early days (have dex too =x ). I ended up bumping it up to 20 cause 16 was an irritating number. I do just fine b:victory

It's your call, I prefer spam refining for HP, but that's just me.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Oscars_SOUL - Lost City
    Oscars_SOUL - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    as far as the right build u tryed 2 go it is 1str 3vit 6mag each 2lv.
    i dont really feel weak with 6mag each 2 lv as long as i have a lv my lv and refine it a bit but we all do different main cleric is lv81 robe user with 5,2k deff and 6,3k mag 3.1k hp b:victory
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    To get updated equipment as an arcane-wearing cleric, you'll always want to put 6/10 points into Mag, and 1/10 points into strength. What you do with the other 3 is up to you.

The main reason you're feeling the lack of healing is probably because you've only put 5/10 mag in, and therefore can't carry updated weapons... weapons go a great deal toward improving your attack ability.

Still, I know a number of clerics who rock a vit build. They're less squishy than I am (I capped my vit at 30), and make up their lack of magic through their equipment (which, again, you'll want enough magic to keep updated!). There's nothing wrong with a vit build, but you'll want enough magic just for equips.

So I'd suggest you catch your magic up. You'll want your level x 3 + 4 magic, to keep your equips updated (so, if you're 54, 166 magic). Then continue adding vit if you want. Or whatever. As I said, those extra 3/10 points go wherever you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    nice update about rest stats and i agree about 6/10 mag 1/10 str b:dirty hope u find ur own build b:dirty
  • Seervii - Raging Tide
    Seervii - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    my personal build is 1str 1 vit and 8mag every two lvs, works well for me :D it makes me less squishy and still gives me enough mag. attack
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2010
    my personal build is 1str 1 vit and 8mag every two lvs, works well for me :D it makes me less squishy and still gives me enough mag. attack

I had done something similar to that thinking that the HP would be helpful. At level 70 I had around 35VIT. But I wasn't happy with my damage and my heals felt inadequate. So I fidgeted around a little, and made some discoveries.

30 VIT = 300 hp points. Yeah, that's it. you only get 10HP per VIT point.

30MAG = around 1k in damage. It also boosted my mdef by nearly 1k as well.

Gear all refined to +2, (because it's cheap and SUPER easy to do), adds around 250-275HP.
    Gear refined to +3, (a little harder, but still reasonable), adds around 350-376HP.

Makes more sense to me to get the HP from gear and stack on the damage. I kill most mobs before they touch me, solo cleric things that people cringe at with two clerics, and don't die easily.

To each his own, but I'll stick with kicking ****.
    Level 89
    HP 2675
    MP 9677
    MagAtt 6247-6909 (unbuffed) | 7035-7780 (buffed)
    PhysDef 786 (unbuffed) | 1207 (buffed)
    MagDeg all around 7k (unbuffed) | 9.5k (buffed)

I regularly hit mobs for 16-20k and tempest will deal close to 40k (haven't gotten a good crit on it since I took it from level 5 to level 10. Can't wait to see that crit.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I had done something similar to that thinking that the HP would be helpful. At level 70 I had around 35VIT. But I wasn't happy with my damage and my heals felt inadequate. So I fidgeted around a little, and made some discoveries.

Gear all refined to +2, (because it's cheap and SUPER easy to do), adds around 250-275HP.
    Gear refined to +3, (a little harder, but still reasonable), adds around 350-376HP.

Makes more sense to me to get the HP from gear and stack on the damage. I kill most mobs before they touch me, solo cleric things that people cringe at with two clerics, and don't die easily.

Level 89
    HP 2675
    MP 9677

I regularly hit mobs for 16-20k and tempest will deal close to 40k (haven't gotten a good crit on it since I took it from level 5 to level 10. Can't wait to see that crit.)

Similar here (away from personal laptop so not fully sure on some of the stats but here it goes) this is with 5 base vit and full mag build from lvl 1 to 81
    all stats are buffed cuz well why would you do anything unbuffed on purpose
    there are 2 numbers because i have a set of arcane ornaments and set pf phys/hp (neck and belt) basically offensive and defensive

atk 5320-7530, 5220-7400
    def 850, 1500
    mag def 8500, 7500
    hp 2700, just under 3000
    mp 8900, 8500

will easily have over 3khp by the time i'm 85 for frost

really like full magic. I know poison mobs are easy for clerics anyway but I can still aoe 10-12 lvl 85 poison mobs without too much issue at level 81 and i dont use charms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Level 89
    HP 2675
    MP 9677

that may work well and all in pve against mobs, but in pvp servers/ TW you will be 1shot right out of the gate. + you wouldn't be able to do GV (maybe even frost) with that low HP/phys def.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    that may work well and all in pve against mobs, but in pvp servers/ TW you will be 1shot right out of the gate. + you wouldn't be able to do GV (maybe even frost) with that low HP/phys def.

soooo true but...

before lvl60, you could get by with only 5 vit, since there's nothing really dangerous at that lvl.

after 60, you could add some vit to help against some AOEs and harder stuff.

PvP in early lvls ususaly consists of duels and hitting the "release corpse" button. At least that's what I did. Before lvl80, I spent 95% of my time grinding. With BH I spend maybe 80% of my time grinding and all the bh up to my lvl could probably be done with just a little over 2k HP. HH could be done with only a little over 2.5k HP, which could be easily covered with just some good 3* gear alone. And with all those BH arrampant, good gear is cheaper than ever.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    soooo true but...

before lvl60, you could get by with only 5 vit, since there's nothing really dangerous at that lvl.

after 60, you could add some vit to help against some AOEs and harder stuff.

PvP in early lvls ususaly consists of duels and hitting the "release corpse" button. At least that's what I did. Before lvl80, I spent 95% of my time grinding. With BH I spend maybe 80% of my time grinding and all the bh up to my lvl could probably be done with just a little over 2k HP. HH could be done with only a little over 2.5k HP, which could be easily covered with just some good 3* gear alone. And with all those BH arrampant, good gear is cheaper than ever.

yea i agree, I dont believe any cleric should even attempt pvp pre-80.

I personally had full mag til 70 then I restatted 50 vit, then I recently restatted 50 more vit.

Sure Id like a higher magic attack, but so much gets reduced anyways in PvP so id choose 1k more hp vs 200-300 more damage.
  • __Hysper - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010

I think i'll go this way. But that point on vit sounds me a bit useless.. >.< But my ego want me to put it.. xDDD I think i'll just make some money and find something which adds hp.. But you know, that vit point still torture me b:cry
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    like many have said, overall adding vit is not a bad thing and most add about a base of 50 vit.

it is all in how you are playing. generally many on PvP servers have much more vit. i went from a base vit of 50 to a base vit of 150 once i turned level 100 (currently at 60 due to refines and goal is to get to 3 vit soon b:dirty). this was more because when i play i play a support role more then anything. also, being on cata, the extra hp and pdef helps. the vit allows you to shard with pdef shards and then base more hp off of refine.

the thing to remember though is that cleric do and will relie heavily on refines for end-game. this is more so if you plan on doing cata, pvp and instances such as 3-3 solo. i those cases, pdef will be more of a saver the the added hp, meaning your vit was not put to bad use.

50 vit will not "nix" your mattk much so that you will notice. over 100 vit you will notice some reduction in pvp, but you will also notice that you can survive better and longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nieka - Harshlands
    Nieka - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    On my cleric i have 3 points of vit and i have no probs at all. My HP at lvl 90 is 4100 and thats with my lvl 80 armor so i think having 100 vit is not as needed as some people think it is.
  • Nieka - Harshlands
    Nieka - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2010

umm im on a pvp server and only have 3 points on vit. i have no problems and often kill clerics at a higher lvl than me because they cant do the damage to kill me. with refines and shards im more dangerous than a cleric with 100 vit because we have arount the same hp but i do far more damage.

and just so you know i have 4100 hp unbuffed with that 3 points of vit b:victory
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    and just so you know i have 4100 hp unbuffed with that 3 points of vit b:victory

what is your pdef and are you a cata team cleric for tw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    not another vit debate b:cry

vit is useful cuz it s useful - just depends what u want to do
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    not another vit debate b:cry

vit is useful cuz it s useful - just depends what u want to do

b:surrender

to each there own, but I do not know one cata team cleric that can survive with 3 vit. at least not on LC. you need the pdef and the hp, even then it can be a survival issue b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Level 89
    HP 2675
    MP 9677

3 digits PHYS RES ? AS LVL8x? ONE SHOT MUCH
  • DoomKaiser - Harshlands
    DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    what is your pdef and are you a cata team cleric for tw?

Mine is about 10k fully buffed with about 8k health. 18k mag attack-22k full buffed. If i didn't know better i would say that nieka was going after my build. But seeing as i made all the armor for her b:chuckle i would have to say good for her not trying to use my exact build and waiting to go ProNoob at 100.
    Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Mine is about 10k fully buffed with about 8k health. 18k mag attack-22k full buffed.

WTF? What the hell kind of gear are you rocking? b:shocked
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    fully buffed lol i will we 10k pdef self buffed lol actually i will we all 10k pdwef/mdef/10k hp

just u wait fully buffed i alredy reach 7,7k pdef b:laugh
    edited April 2010
    WTF? What the hell kind of gear are you rocking? b:shocked

The thing about clerics u need to know if there are many different kinds. The most average player is unable to obtain my and Niekas build. If you cant get the best stuff for your cleric then maybe vit can help you out. Just keep in mind that for the most part, clerics that dont need vit stated are playing on a different field.

This is what i am currently working on. I would estimate myself to be about 80% done with it so far

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d20eee59fdc8c2f4
    Mind u that is my stand alone class, i did not add the bm barb buffs to it.

Its like i said not everyone can achieve this because some people play on a level. I am trying to max show clerics at its best
  • Oscars_SOUL - Lost City
    Oscars_SOUL - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lol ur build made me confident ill get my 10k pdef even esier

but nice gear anyways

hmm i should aim for 20kpdef b:shutupb:laughb:chuckle
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    The thing about clerics u need to know if there are many different kinds. The most average player is unable to obtain my and Niekas build. If you cant get the best stuff for your cleric then maybe vit can help you out. Just keep in mind that for the most part, clerics that dont need vit stated are playing on a different field.

This is what i am currently working on. I would estimate myself to be about 80% done with it so far

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d20eee59fdc8c2f4
    Mind u that is my stand alone class, i did not add the bm barb buffs to it.

Its like i said not everyone can achieve this because some people play on a level. I am trying to max show clerics at its best
    I like the ones that were posted in this thread for Vit.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=673222
    edited April 2010
    I like the ones that were posted in this thread for Vit.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=673222

Nieka tell them who is sitting down with u to make ur armor and stuffb:chuckle

Oscars_SOUL if u want 20k phy deff u should reroll as a demon mage
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Nieka tell them who is sitting down with u to make ur armor and stuffb:chuckle

Oscars_SOUL if u want 20k phy deff u should reroll as a demon mage

I imagine that would be you.